What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What, in general, annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Left lane squatters. Worse than Hitler.
People that reference things on tv as "My shows"

Fans referring to the team(s) they root for as "we"
And last but certainly not least: billboards, print ads, newspapers, anything official that uses 's to denote a plural. God that bugs me to no end!
People who want to talk about the price of gasoline in different geographies. "Ya know what I saw last week in Muenster Indiana - gas was $1.39 a gallon. $1.39!!!"

People who ask lots of questions about what roads you took to get to their house. "Didja take the 195? 'cuz that can get really crowded on Sundays. I usually take Sunnydale Road, but sometimes you can cut across on Bush Ave to avoid the lights on Main Street..." Shut. up.
People who stop behind the white line, waiting to turn left, when the light is green. :headbang:
Anyone wearing a blutooth, whether they're using it or not.
9. Subway. Your food sucks. The guys in my employer's cafeteria make a better sandwich than you. Your bread sucks. Your meat sucks. For a place that sells sandwiches, that's not a good start.
All of the above.Also:

Local TV people. Especially the weathermen. It's only going to rain or snow a little, stop acting like it's the end of the world. Rolling your sleeves up or loosening your tie do not make the incident worse.

People who back in to parking spots. You're dumb.

Starbucks employees refuse to call their sizes "small", "medium", and "large".

Dyson vacuum owners who feel they need to convince you about how awesome their vacuum is. Like they need to justify their $500 purchase.

People who tip an amount to make an even dollar amount when added to the check total. I don't get what use this is.

"It is what it is". Dumbest saying of all time.

Nicknames for Hollywood couples, like Tomkat.

People who complain about the BCS like it's worse than it used to be.

Partisan hacks.

People who feel they need to slow down to 5 mph below the speed limit when they see a cop on the interstate.

Purging threads from the FFA so we have to do these same threads over and over again.

This one has resurfaced at the office lately in a big way.

I get very annoyed by "This snack is 2 points and I only get 25 points a day" Weight Watcher broad.

As I get older I find people annoy me, more and more. I avoid conversations with most people. I find them pretentious or anxious or irritating or, in many cases, they simply regurgitate all the idiotic things that the TV and internet have babbled about within the past 24 hours, most of the time because the person has nothing genuinely interesting to say. I'm only 35 now. By the time I'm 45 I'll be living in the woods like Thoreau.
Maybe we both missed our callings to be Monks.

shuke said:
Sabertooth said:
I have to say that Mike Tomlin's open coat routine is getting a bit old. If he's too cool to zip up the outer coat, when not just unzip the other fleece underneath and be a real man.
Really?
It bugs me about as much as black ice bugs you, but I am not an attention whore so I decided not to start a thread about. :popcorn:

People who don't make a right turn when the light is red.

People who stop a full car length short at a stop light.

My football betting the last 5 weeks.

Or people that live in Michigan and do not know that you are allowed to turn left onto a one way when it is red.

shuke said:
5. People who but something at a convenience store in the line ahead of you and after they are done paying take 30 friggin seconds to put their cash back in their wallet, fold it up, put it in their back pocket. Fiddle with the things they just bought on the counter for a few seconds. Step aside and let me put my #### down and pay. Get your wallet back in order in your car #######.7. People in the fast food drive thru window who after they get their food, don't pull forward and sit there and check their bag for close to a minute to make sure it's all there. ####### GO
You're way off on these two. You can wait 6 seconds for me to put my cash back into my wallet. Also, I'm not moving unless I know I have everything in my bag. Blame the fast food industry for screwing up too many times.
Because they always #### YOU! in the drive through.

Kal El said:
Cats, and the ones who are apparently owned by someone, but their owners simply let them run free around the place as if they're the only person with a pet. Guess what, I might just shoot the little turd machine and hang it from the lamp in front of the apartment to serve as a warning. People who hate my faith. Yes, I'm a Christian, and I have no problem telling people so.
God LOVES it when you kill cats. :devil:

I hate the people that stop and leave a full car length or more between them and the person in front of them at a light. It backs up traffic and these #######s are usually too busy on their phones to be paying attention to where they are supposed to stop.Better than rear-ending the person in front I supposed, but geez.

shuke said:
Left lane squatters. Worse than Hitler.
People that reference things on tv as "My shows"

Fans referring to the team(s) they root for as "we"
And last but certainly not least: billboards, print ads, newspapers, anything official that uses 's to denote a plural. God that bugs me to no end!
People who want to talk about the price of gasoline in different geographies. "Ya know what I saw last week in Muenster Indiana - gas was $1.39 a gallon. $1.39!!!"

People who ask lots of questions about what roads you took to get to their house. "Didja take the 195? 'cuz that can get really crowded on Sundays. I usually take Sunnydale Road, but sometimes you can cut across on Bush Ave to avoid the lights on Main Street..." Shut. up.
People who stop behind the white line, waiting to turn left, when the light is green. :devil:
Anyone wearing a blutooth, whether they're using it or not.
9. Subway. Your food sucks. The guys in my employer's cafeteria make a better sandwich than you. Your bread sucks. Your meat sucks. For a place that sells sandwiches, that's not a good start.
All of the above.Also:

Local TV people. Especially the weathermen. It's only going to rain or snow a little, stop acting like it's the end of the world. Rolling your sleeves up or loosening your tie do not make the incident worse.

People who back in to parking spots. You're dumb.

Why would Starbuck's employees call their sizes "small," "medium," and "large;" when their sizes are actually "tall," "grande," and "venit?"

Fat people in little places. It's funny to see them cram into a Del Sol but it's irritating when they become a physical barricade in, say, a grocery store aisle. Living in NYC must be hell.

shuke said:
Why would Starbuck's employees call their sizes "small," "medium," and "large;" when their sizes are actually "tall," "grande," and "venit?"
What I meant was:1. Starbucks not calling their sizes "small," "medium," and "large".

1b. Starbucks employees not acknowledging "small," "medium," and "large".

Look ####head, that nose ring is sweet and all and I'm sure you're pissed about evil corporate America or some such bull#### but I don't care. If I come in and ask for a large coffee, don't act like you don't know what "large" means, mmmkay?

1. People with songs as ringers on their cellphones

2. A subset of the above people only they have the ringer on in the work place and then proceed to leave the phone on the desk while they are away doing "important" things and the ringer goes off 50 times.

:football:

A new one for me: When someone starts a sentence off with "I'm not racist, but...". Heard that phrase twice this past weekend and it just irritated me. Listen, if you have to preface a comment with that phrase, probably best to keep it to yourself.

People that go to Starbucks.

"Look at me! Not only am I too lazy to make my own coffee, I'm also stupid enough to pay $23.45 for a cinnamon whip blap crappuccino!"

People that go to Starbucks."Look at me! Not only am I too lazy to make my own coffee, I'm also stupid enough to pay $23.45 for a cinnamon whip blap crappuccino!"
Wouldn't this be any coffee store and not just Starbucks?Cinnamon whip blap crappuccinos seem like they would be hard to make at home.

People that go to Starbucks."Look at me! Not only am I too lazy to make my own coffee, I'm also stupid enough to pay $23.45 for a cinnamon whip blap crappuccino!"
Wouldn't this be any coffee store and not just Starbucks?Cinnamon whip blap crappuccinos seem like they would be hard to make at home.
Yeah, I really don't care. I just felt like taking a jab at Shuke.Actually, I used to sell Starbucks commercially here years before the first store opened.

Yeah, I really don't care. I just felt like taking a jab at Shuke.
I only get regular coffee, and it's like 2 bucks or something.But I guess next time I'm in an airport I'll be sure to run home to make my own coffee!

Yeah, I really don't care. I just felt like taking a jab at Shuke.
I only get regular coffee, and it's like 2 bucks or something.But I guess next time I'm in an airport I'll be sure to run home to make my own coffee!
lol

I can't stand answering machine message that is longer than 5 seconds. I particularly hate those automated messages that say...

The person you are trying to call

and you finally get to the end of the number and you have to listen to more.

If you would like to leave a call back number, press 1 now.

You don't hit one and you're ready to leave a message, but wait, there is more...

At the tone, please leave your message...

beep.

And you can't hit the pound sign to skip the recording because it then prompts you to enter your password.

Look ####head, that nose ring is sweet and all and I'm sure you're pissed about evil corporate America or some such bull#### but I don't care.
I don't think folks that are pissed about corporate America go work for the largest coffee corporation in the world.

People at work that ask the same questions when they run across the same situations as if every day is thier first day. :thumbup:

men who don't offer their subway or bus seat to the elderly or pregnant women.
Why just men?
Because I typically see women get up for other pregnant women. Just my observation that it's mostly (not always) men who don't get up in these situations.
Thanks Hack, that reminds me.All of the specialty "reserved for" parking spaces.Although I like the reserved for the police ones since I'm the only one with enough balls to park in them.

Every time I see that meat headed, fat ### Andy Reid I get annoyed. Seriously! You are a coach of a team of ATHLETES and this is how you show up for work? Take a lap fat boy!!!!!! Maybe it will clear some of the fat out of your brain and you can come up with a series of plays that will get your team into a Superbowl.

If I'm on that team and Andy Reid tells me I need to work on my footwork I'd say.... "Footwork?" "When's the last time you saw your own feet fat boy?" "When you can see your feet then you can comment on mine."

excessive pet love. no epidemic has spread faster in the last decade or so than the pathological anthropomorphization of anti-lonely toys. i used to receive separate holiday cards from my sister AND her chihuahua until i told her id burn both if it happened again. and another set of relatives spent four hrs each weekday & five figures over three mths taking their 119yo lab to chemo and put him thru hell (unless constant moaning and licking the afflicted leg are signs of healing) so they wouldnt lose their woojiwoojiwooji. it doesnt help that the amount of $$ experts extimate would cure world hunger & pestilence happens to be exactly what americans spend on furry friends.

People who hate cats :goodposting:
Sorry. Guess I won't tell you about the cat trap I have set on my deck for the nighbor's cat that constantly thinks my yard is it's home/litter box and my patio cushions are it's scratching post.So I'll add, people that don't take care of their ####### pets and let them run loose all over the damn place crapping in everyone else's yard.

Every time I see that meat headed, fat ### Andy Reid I get annoyed. Seriously! You are a coach of a team of ATHLETES and this is how you show up for work? Take a lap fat boy!!!!!! Maybe it will clear some of the fat out of your brain and you can come up with a series of plays that will get your team into a Superbowl. If I'm on that team and Andy Reid tells me I need to work on my footwork I'd say.... "Footwork?" "When's the last time you saw your own feet fat boy?" "When you can see your feet then you can comment on mine."
:goodposting: The main reason he has a hard time winning the NFC championship is that he's too busy thinking about pork chops. :thumbup:

Every time I see that meat headed, fat ### Andy Reid I get annoyed. Seriously! You are a coach of a team of ATHLETES and this is how you show up for work? Take a lap fat boy!!!!!! Maybe it will clear some of the fat out of your brain and you can come up with a series of plays that will get your team into a Superbowl. If I'm on that team and Andy Reid tells me I need to work on my footwork I'd say.... "Footwork?" "When's the last time you saw your own feet fat boy?" "When you can see your feet then you can comment on mine."
I ain't bailing ####!

urbanhack said:
Christo said:
urbanhack said:
men who don't offer their subway or bus seat to the elderly or pregnant women.
Why just men?
Because I typically see women get up for other pregnant women. Just my observation that it's mostly (not always) men who don't get up in these situations.
I've riden the bus to work/school almost every day for thirteen years. I have never seen a woman get up for someone else in that situation. I have seen men do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure you would

Users who are viewing this thread