What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What, in general, annoys you? (3 Viewers)

urbanhack said:
Christo said:
urbanhack said:
men who don't offer their subway or bus seat to the elderly or pregnant women.
Why just men?
Because I typically see women get up for other pregnant women. Just my observation that it's mostly (not always) men who don't get up in these situations.
I've riden the bus to work/school almost every day for thirteen years. I have never seen a woman get up for someone else in that situation. I have seen men do so.
Maybe re-read the title of the thread again.

urbanhack said:
Christo said:
urbanhack said:
Why just men?
Because I typically see women get up for other pregnant women. Just my observation that it's mostly (not always) men who don't get up in these situations.
I've riden the bus to work/school almost every day for thirteen years. I have never seen a woman get up for someone else in that situation. I have seen men do so.
Maybe re-read the title of the thread again.
People offering advice that wasn't requested.

1) People who are too lazy to return their shopping carts to the front of the store or at the very least the designated cart return areas in the parking lot.

2) Drivers who leave more than half a car length between the car in front of them and themselves when traffic is congested and people are trying to get through stop lights. Inch up so people can make progress. I just don't understand leaving enough space between you for others to parallel park.

shuke said:
Left lane squatters. Worse than Hitler.
People that reference things on tv as "My shows"

Fans referring to the team(s) they root for as "we"
And last but certainly not least: billboards, print ads, newspapers, anything official that uses 's to denote a plural. God that bugs me to no end!
People who want to talk about the price of gasoline in different geographies. "Ya know what I saw last week in Muenster Indiana - gas was $1.39 a gallon. $1.39!!!"

People who ask lots of questions about what roads you took to get to their house. "Didja take the 195? 'cuz that can get really crowded on Sundays. I usually take Sunnydale Road, but sometimes you can cut across on Bush Ave to avoid the lights on Main Street..." Shut. up.
People who stop behind the white line, waiting to turn left, when the light is green. :hot:
Anyone wearing a blutooth, whether they're using it or not.
9. Subway. Your food sucks. The guys in my employer's cafeteria make a better sandwich than you. Your bread sucks. Your meat sucks. For a place that sells sandwiches, that's not a good start.
All of the above.Also:

Local TV people. Especially the weathermen. It's only going to rain or snow a little, stop acting like it's the end of the world. Rolling your sleeves up or loosening your tie do not make the incident worse.

People who back in to parking spots. You're dumb.

Starbucks employees refuse to call their sizes "small", "medium", and "large".

Dyson vacuum owners who feel they need to convince you about how awesome their vacuum is. Like they need to justify their $500 purchase.

People who tip an amount to make an even dollar amount when added to the check total. I don't get what use this is.

"It is what it is". Dumbest saying of all time.

Nicknames for Hollywood couples, like Tomkat.

People who complain about the BCS like it's worse than it used to be.

Partisan hacks.

People who feel they need to slow down to 5 mph below the speed limit when they see a cop on the interstate.

Purging threads from the FFA so we have to do these same threads over and over again.
:lmao: :thumbup:

People that go to Starbucks."Look at me! Not only am I too lazy to make my own coffee, I'm also stupid enough to pay $23.45 for a cinnamon whip blap crappuccino!"
Wouldn't this be any coffee store and not just Starbucks?Cinnamon whip blap crappuccinos seem like they would be hard to make at home.
Yeah, I really don't care. I just felt like taking a jab at Shuke.
I only get regular coffee, and it's like 2 bucks or something.But I guess next time I'm in an airport I'll be sure to run home to make my own coffee!
:thumbup:

People who recline their seat in an airplane if anyone is sitting directly behind them. I will not let anyone recline who sits in front of me.
What do you do if they do recline?
as i did on my last trip, i inform people that they are causing me pain, that, if a person willfully acts in a fashion they know will cause pain to another, they are guilty of battery, and that i will pursue my legal options as a victim upon landing. seems to work.

This so called "poetry" crap.

It was especially funny because I heard a commentator this morning on the radio said "and I would like to remind the American people that all poetry doesn't rhyme."

No ####.

Praise Song For The Day made me angry.

I can't stand answering machine message that is longer than 5 seconds. I particularly hate those automated messages that say...

The person you are trying to call

and you finally get to the end of the number and you have to listen to more.

If you would like to leave a call back number, press 1 now.

You don't hit one and you're ready to leave a message, but wait, there is more...

At the tone, please leave your message...

beep.

And you can't hit the pound sign to skip the recording because it then prompts you to enter your password.
Ditto.As someone who leaves dozens of messages per day, I HATE this.

Why just men?
We have a shuttle that takes us from the parking lots, around downtown to the various state buildings.The shuttle is to small, and doesn't hold everyone at once. As a result, I've started parking at the lot that is further away, but gets picked up first.The other day, it was 6 degrees out, and the shuttle, at the last, closest stop, was full. The last person on was a man. Some lady goes "He should really get off and let a lady have a seat."#### you lady! If he did that, he would stand out there till doomsday, and freeze to death.As an aside, why the #### not just park at the lot that is further away. You are taking the shuttle, so who cares?

People who can’t accept a good idea, until it becomes their idea, that annoys me. I don’t want to get into details…but a recent example of this at work is where I was given a project, made the proposal, and everything was accepted except one piece. Now the person who shot that piece down is fully behind the idea and working to get it implemented, even trying to act like it was their idea. BTW, the project was completed 9 months ago. Now we have to go back and rework part of it, which costs more to do now than if we would have done it when I wanted to. Stupid :lmao: !

Use of the present tense to describe future events -- e.g., "I think the Packers make [read: will make] the playoffs next year."

1. Obese people who want to be treated special. Don't sit next to me on a subway and go into my space. Don't sit next to me in an airplane and have your body fill into my seat. Lose weight or buy two seats or just stand up. Don't look at me on the plane as if "I don't care that you paid for your seat but I am huge and you should take half of me into your seat".

2. Parents who seem to have absolutely no clue on how to remotely raise their child. They act up and hit other kids? "Oh little Johnny please don't do that" then turn and give the "Oh well what can I do?" look. You have kids so act responsible, yea it's all not cupcakes and farting bubbles but you need to grow up. By the way, I have two kids and the next time I get the "it's sooooooooooooooooooo hard raising kids, people just don't understand" remark I'll tell them "it's not THAT hard, perhaps you just need to get off your lazy tail and raise your kids, it's actually quite enjoyable unless you let them turn into monsters". People who act like having kids is so bad and their lives are miserable. Seriously, NOBODY cares. It's not like you were struck with a disease, you made a choice now suck it up and act like a parent.

3. Self Entitlement Issues run rampant. I think I am a magnet for these types of clueless clowns. You know those people who expect things from you but turned around they are no where to be found. They can and feel like anything goes as long as they are happy and the rules never apply to them as they do to you. More women fall into this category I've found out. It's all about me is their motto and the worst thing is that most people who are like this honestly don't think the world revolves around them.

4. People who drive slow in the left hand lane.

5. People who NEVER put on their turn signals. Hey a-clown, there's a reason why cars have turn singles so use them!

6. People who only have ONE flight to walk up but insist on using the elevator. If I ever decided to use the elevator instead of just walking up a flight I would kill myself.

7. The entire airline industry including airports. If you ran your biz like they do you wouldn't last a week. I would rather drive 8 hours in a car than 2 hours on a flight. I loved flying as a kid.

8. People who have perfectly nice cars trading them in and getting fully loaded Prius cars then act smug about it. Yea, smart move and love how you can NOW get on your soapbox and talk about how we all "need to save the planet". These are the kind of people who will trade in their Prius for the next cool cars in a few years. Phonies.

9. Recommending a place to eat where they specialize in X and they say great and you go eat there then they order Y and after the meal say the place is "OK". Why ask me and I tell you the best burgers are here then you say great I am up for a burger then order a chicken sandwich and act shocked it's not great?

Why ask me and I tell you the best burgers are here then you say great I am up for a burger then order a chicken sandwich and act shocked it's not great?
:blackdot:This happens to you a lot?
Surprisingly yes! here's a typical exchange:Me: Well they have great fajitas here, some of the best!Them: That sounds great then lets go thereThem: I'll order the chicken enchiladasLater on...Them: Place was OK, I've had better enchiladasMe: I never said their enchiladas were great, if you wanted them then we could have gone elsewhere

Friends who come out for dinner and drinks, and then calculate how much they owe rather than just splitting the check or each throwing a few bucks down. :blackdot:

Every time I see that meat headed, fat ### Andy Reid I get annoyed. Seriously! You are a coach of a team of ATHLETES and this is how you show up for work? Take a lap fat boy!!!!!! Maybe it will clear some of the fat out of your brain and you can come up with a series of plays that will get your team into a Superbowl. If I'm on that team and Andy Reid tells me I need to work on my footwork I'd say.... "Footwork?" "When's the last time you saw your own feet fat boy?" "When you can see your feet then you can comment on mine."
Sure you would
Let me guess Christo, your avatar is an actual photo of you and Andy Reid is a personal hero to you.

Every time I see that meat headed, fat ### Andy Reid I get annoyed. Seriously! You are a coach of a team of ATHLETES and this is how you show up for work? Take a lap fat boy!!!!!! Maybe it will clear some of the fat out of your brain and you can come up with a series of plays that will get your team into a Superbowl. If I'm on that team and Andy Reid tells me I need to work on my footwork I'd say.... "Footwork?" "When's the last time you saw your own feet fat boy?" "When you can see your feet then you can comment on mine."
Sure you would
Let me guess Christo, your avatar is an actual photo of you and Andy Reid is a personal hero to you.
Let me guess, you're a moron.

Why ask me and I tell you the best burgers are here then you say great I am up for a burger then order a chicken sandwich and act shocked it's not great?
:thumbup:This happens to you a lot?
Surprisingly yes! here's a typical exchange:Me: Well they have great fajitas here, some of the best!Them: That sounds great then lets go thereThem: I'll order the chicken enchiladasLater on...Them: Place was OK, I've had better enchiladasMe: I never said their enchiladas were great, if you wanted them then we could have gone elsewhere
lol... This is an excellent point.

1. Groups of slow walkers who take up the whole sidewalk. Speed up or move the #### out of my way.

2. People who facebook for hours a day.

3. The way girls between the ages of 12-21 talk.

4. How any scandal gets termed -gate. Its stupid. Stop it.

5. People that show up late.

6. The AI in Madden who instantly becomes lightning quick to deflect/intercept a pass.

7. One of my roommates new found love of country music.

People who recline their seat in an airplane if anyone is sitting directly behind them. I will not let anyone recline who sits in front of me.
as i did on my last trip, i inform people that they are causing me pain, that, if a person willfully acts in a fashion they know will cause pain to another, they are guilty of battery, and that i will pursue my legal options as a victim upon landing. seems to work.
Can I make their defense? Ok I take it that means yes, when you purchase your ticket for a seat on an airplane you are subjecting yourself to the common harms that might come with that. If you were walking down a crowded street and get bumped do you threaten battery? No, because you would lose. You consent to life's ordinary physical contact. As in your case purchasing a seat on an airplane is your consenting to the ordinary harms that might come from that (not including the food) J/K, but reclining the seat is well within their rights whether it causes you pain or not. Your consent to the offensive touching makes your case a loser. By the way, my annoyance is having to study for the GD bar exam everyday up until the day before! I went to school for three years to learn this crap, I received my degree can't you just take my word for it that I know this stuff and give me my license already? Wisconsin does it, why can't any other state? Oh that's right, there is no money in it that way.

Can I make their defense? Ok I take it that means yes, when you purchase your ticket for a seat on an airplane you are subjecting yourself to the common harms that might come with that. If you were walking down a crowded street and get bumped do you threaten battery? No, because you would lose. You consent to life's ordinary physical contact. As in your case purchasing a seat on an airplane is your consenting to the ordinary harms that might come from that (not including the food) J/K, but reclining the seat is well within their rights whether it causes you pain or not. Your consent to the offensive touching makes your case a loser.
What a load of crap.

Can I make their defense? Ok I take it that means yes, when you purchase your ticket for a seat on an airplane you are subjecting yourself to the common harms that might come with that. If you were walking down a crowded street and get bumped do you threaten battery? No, because you would lose. You consent to life's ordinary physical contact. As in your case purchasing a seat on an airplane is your consenting to the ordinary harms that might come from that (not including the food) J/K, but reclining the seat is well within their rights whether it causes you pain or not. Your consent to the offensive touching makes your case a loser. By the way, my annoyance is having to study for the GD bar exam everyday up until the day before! I went to school for three years to learn this crap, I received my degree can't you just take my word for it that I know this stuff and give me my license already? Wisconsin does it, why can't any other state? Oh that's right, there is no money in it that way.
i believe its the continuation or repetition of an action once it is made clear it is causing physical harm that is battery, which is why the initial declaration is essential. nonetheless, it is close enough to feasibility that it has been an effective bluff, at the very least, on the flights ive taken recently.

4. How any scandal gets termed -gate. Its stupid. Stop it.
I've also become mildly annoyed by how seemingly every fan calls itself "[Team Name] Nation." I just stumbled upon a "Panthers Nation" thread in the Shark Pool.
Oakland was the original. I get a pass.
:goodposting:Of course you do, GB. Any fan base for which it actually applies gets a pass. Raiders, Steelers, Red Sox, Yankees (although I've never actually heard their fans use it), and maybe even the Cowboys could get away with it. That's pretty much it.

People at work who on Wednesdays say "I'm so glad the week is half over"

People at work who celebrate when Friday comes around like it doesn't happen every week

People at work who on Monday morning ask "how was the weekend"

(Note: I like the week to end as much as anybody, but the same people make the same comments over and over again. It's like corporate Groundhogs Day!)

When there is free food at the office and everybody refuses to take the last item, so they cut, pick, slice, and tear off a piece so everyone is left with a hardening section of the item and a bunch of crumbs - Worse, when they eat everything but leave the box because it's obviously too much of a bother to throw it in the trash

People who don't say "thank you" when you hold the door for them

People who don't give the "wave" when you let them into your lane on the highway

Anybody that questions taste in music - I don't care if I like the commercial band of the month and you think it sucks MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN...you keep listening to the garage band that nobody else cares about because you feel like a trendsetter. I'll continue to enjoy what I like.

Anybody who uses the term "jumps the shark"

Anybody who uses "leet speak"

Internet tough guys

When you're telling a story and somebody you're telling it to takes over to make it all about him/herself

People who won't tell you what the Blue Man Group does - every jackoff has the same response "I just can't explain it. You have to see it for yourself!"

The comic strip Zippy - never funny. Ever. EVER! With that, anybody who claims to "get" and enjoy Zippy

More to come (I'm sure you can't wait!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say I care enough to be "annoyed" but those who offer one line quips as if they are the be-all-end-all on the subject offering exactly zero substance on the topic.

Generalizations however, those annoy me...more specificially, the accepted level laziness by the individual annoys me.

Fat people in little places. It's funny to see them cram into a Del Sol but it's irritating when they become a physical barricade in, say, a grocery store aisle. Living in NYC must be hell.
Or a group of people who slowly walk next to each other, essentially equating to one or two fat people. Sometimes they also swing their arms widely when walking, possibly adding another fat person to the situation.

A few more:

Wrestling fans who insist on using insider technology as if they'd know what any of those terms meant if the Internet didn't exist

People who rip anything popular just to be too cool for the room - I'm not going to call anybody out but you know who you are!

Drivers who take FOR-EV-ER to pull out of a parking spot when they know you're waiting to take it

Andy ****

Paris Hilton

All MTV programming - Not one redeeming show. I used to get a kick out of "Parental Control" until they went completely overboard with how insanely fake it is. Makes pro wrestling look 100% legit yet you know there are people out there watching how some of those obnoxious boyfriends act in front of the father while thinking, "wow, that guy is bad news. He's absolutely incorregible!"

Anybody who uses "Brocabulary" - don't tell me you're in a "bromance" or going on a "mancation" just to quantify certain feelings you have

Fat people in little places. It's funny to see them cram into a Del Sol but it's irritating when they become a physical barricade in, say, a grocery store aisle. Living in NYC must be hell.
Or a group of people who slowly walk next to each other, essentially equating to one or two fat people. Sometimes they also swing their arms widely when walking, possibly adding another fat person to the situation.
It's even better when they are doing this on the three lane track at the gym. Not only do you have to try to maneuver around them when running, you are often rewarded with a backhand to the face as you pass. And of course the reaction you get for "hurting their hand" in the process is priceless. I seriously want to punch these people in the throat.

People at work who celebrate when Friday comes around like it doesn't happen every week

(Note: I like the week to end as much as anybody, but the same people make the same comments over and over again. It's like corporate Groundhogs Day!)

When there is free food at the office and everybody refuses to take the last item, so they cut, pick, slice, and tear off a piece so everyone is left with a hardening section of the item and a bunch of crumbs - Worse, when they eat everything but leave the box because it's obviously too much of a bother to throw it in the trash

People who don't give the "wave" when you let them into your lane on the highway

Anybody that questions taste in music - I don't care if I like the commercial band of the month and you think it sucks MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN...you keep listening to the garage band that nobody else cares about because you feel like a trendsetter. I'll continue to enjoy what I like.

Internet tough guys

When you're telling a story and somebody you're telling it to takes over to make it all about him/herself

People who won't tell you what the Blue Man Group does - every jackoff has the same response "I just can't explain it. You have to see it for yourself!"

The comic strip Zippy - never funny. Ever. EVER! With that, anybody who claims to "get" and enjoy Zippy

Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Internet tough guys

Seems a little hypocritical to me.
It's admittedly hypocritical, but I don't care. I can accept somebody liking Michael Bolton, Best of American Idol, or Vanilla Ice. I can even understand why you'd get some sort of enjoyment out of that. Plus, my point was more that people feel the need to chime in about another person's taste even if they're not part of the conversation. If I like "Band A" and I'm talking with other people who enjoy "Band A", making yourself part of the conversation to say "wow, they suck. You have ZERO taste in music" is just unnecessary and is pretty much a form of trolling.

But I can't accept, nor believe, that anybody enjoys Zippy unless they are being an absolute contrarian. I firmly believe that POS strip only exists because it's safe and syndicators don't have to worry about the content. It also appeals to rubes and people easily amused - "ooh look! They have pointy heads and wacky outfits! How hysterical!"

Fat people.

Fat people.
:football: I mentioned that earlier (airplane / subway, etc.) and tired of how now fat people (I am talking about obese people here not a few lbs overweight) are = the handicapped. Don't give me that they can't lose the weight, look at an obese person and most likely their kids is also obese. Want to be obese? Fine but you shouldn't get special privileges as well. Buy two seats on a plane, not blob into my seat, stand up on the subway if you can't fit in one space and any health related issue shouldn't allow you to get a handicap plate for you to park in front of stores. Walk, you need the exercise anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread