What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your daily weekday morning routine? (1 Viewer)

I have a weird morning routine. 

Alarm goes off at 4:35. I am usually up by 4:40 or so. Workout. Shower. 

Back to bed by 6. Up by 715 and usually out the door by 745. 

I assumed everyone shaved in the shower.  Can't see a reason why someone wouldn't.  Way more efficient than doing it in sink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been going over to my parents (about halfway between house and work) on Wednesday mornings.  It's good to catch up with them, and they make me a sausage/egg/cheese croissant breakfast sandwich.  I lounge on the couch for 20-30 minutes too, and have even dozed off a couple of times.

It does wonders for my day at work too.  Instead of getting in at 8:30, it's more like 9:30, and the day seems to go WAY faster.  Anything to get me out of this hellhole.  :lol:   

5:45-5:55 wake up (sometimes 1 snooze)

Release the hounds (not a pooping euphemism)

Breakfast

Shower

Make coffee (to drink @work)

Out the door a little before or after 7, get to work around 7:30

Paid poop ~9:15 or so

I have been going over to my parents (about halfway between house and work) on Wednesday mornings.  It's good to catch up with them, and they make me a sausage/egg/cheese croissant breakfast sandwich.  I lounge on the couch for 20-30 minutes too, and have even dozed off a couple of times.

It does wonders for my day at work too.  Instead of getting in at 8:30, it's more like 9:30, and the day seems to go WAY faster.  Anything to get me out of this hellhole.  :lol:   
You should try taking a nap during lunch in the car.   It breaks the day up nicely and the 2nd half of the day seems to go by a lot faster.

You should try taking a nap during lunch in the car.   It breaks the day up nicely and the 2nd half of the day seems to go by a lot faster.
I have been taking a late morning walk and then another during the afternoon.   15ish minutes each.  

When work is "too busy" I skip one or both but I've been trying this.  Good for the body and breaks up the day.

I'm a huge sleeper and do this pretty often.  There are many nights I'm home from work at 6 and in bed at 8:30 9:00  and will sleep all night minus a pee till 7:00 the next morning.   

I could easily sleep 12 13 hours a day every day 

how does it take 20 minutes? Takes me 5 at most

Complicated process....

:breathes in:

Not in shower yet...

1. Tweeze trouble some hairs and tweeze eyebrows.

2. Wet face.

3.  Apply Shave Secret (tm) all over.

4.  Carefully shave mustache area and around mouth.

5. Carefully trim sideburns with straight edge.

6. Shave entire face, including burns, with side swipes.

7. Shave entire with up swipes.....mostly the neck/lower jaw region.

8. Shave all over with a quick down swipe.

9. Rinse face along with all tools and put them away.

:breathes out:

Complicated process....

Not in shower yet...

2. Wet face.

So you shave your face 3 times for an average of 6:40 per shave.  We said 5 minutes.  My suggestion is to not shave your face 3 times or get a better razor or both.  :P

So you don't have to poop at work.  I do the same...
I work 7 minutes from home and have a toilet bidet at home. So I always try to go before I shower in the morning. And then - if I really have to go during the day - will often go home quickly. 

Complicated process....

Not in shower yet...

2. Wet face.

wow

Alarm goes off at 345, snooze til 4, let out/feed dogs, shower, brush teeth, dressed and out the door by 430, at work by 5. 

The hobby thread got me thinking... there is a very diverse group of folks here and I'm wondering what everyone's daily routine is morning-wise.  Do a lot of you get up early to exercise, for example?  For me....

7am - wake up and get the kids ready for school, shower

7:30 - lay in bed for 10-15 minutes and then dress for work

8am-ish - get the kids to school and drive to work

9am-ish - usually make myself a cup of coffee and eat a protein bar, unless it's Wednesday in which case I go to my parents for breakfast and don't get to work until 9:30

10:30ish - poop while playing Words With Friends or scroll through Facebook

11:30 - I try to walk 15ish minutes around my office complex, depending on workload
Going to expand mine based on reading a few of y'alls....

Seems to be a lot of working out and pooping.  :lol:   

So you shave your face 3 times for an average of 6:40 per shave.  We said 5 minutes.  My suggestion is to not shave your face 3 times or get a better razor or both.  :P
Doesn’t make sense to me either.  Also looks like he does a pass going against the grain which is bad for face.  

One pass should be more than enough with decent blade.

I work 7 minutes from home and have a toilet bidet at home. So I always try to go before I shower in the morning. And then - if I really have to go during the day - will often go home quickly. 
Work bathrooms can be nasty so I do exactly the same.  Wake up, read paper, eat breakfast, poop then shower...

No Kidding 

Alarm goes off at 7:00.  Out of bed at 7:00 or 705

Turn on the Keurig 

Pee

Wet my hair under the sink Towel dry and shake 

Brush Teeth 

Dress

make the wife a cup of coffee and wake her up. 

Pet the cat  and out the door  between 7:20 and 7:25

At work around 8:00   
Found the stinky kid.

Alarm goes off at 6:15

Bathroom stuff, wash face, brush teeth, quick shave when needed (year-round beard, so only neck and cheek areas)

Let the dog out and give his morning 'treat' (Cosequin) 

Gather breakfast and lunch stuff for the day

On the road by 645-7.  In the office by 715-730.  Working by 830.  

WFH Company A: Most of the past 6 years: Roll outta bed 730-745, feed the cats, breakfast, then log into work at 8.

I tried the office thing again recently and lasted 3 months at Company B trying it. (I kept consulting at Company A so I'm now back with them full time). My Company B routine was wake up at 6-630, shower, get ready, grab something to eat, think about how much it sucks having to commute/go into office again and out the door at 730 and at office at 8. I used more sick time in those 3 months with Company B than I have in 6+ years with Company A.

No chance I'll ever work full time in an office again. I found out pretty quick that no amount of money is worth losing the couple hours+/ day between sleep/commute. Personally I'm A LOT physically and mentally healthier and happier WFH. 

I have a weird morning routine. 

Alarm goes off at 4:35. I am usually up by 4:40 or so. Workout. Shower. 

Back to bed by 6. Up by 715 and usually out the door by 745. 
Not sure which is more impressive: Waking up at 435 or being able to go back to sleep that quickly after a workout.

usually up at the crack of 12:30 - 1pm.  Brush teeth, make a large black coffee and watch the rest of the Rich Eisen show while interwebing.  

My alarm is set for noon. Sometimes I wake up between 11:30 and 12 before the alarm goes off.

After I wake up I usually watch about 15 minutes of the 12:00 news, make something to eat, take a shower, then do whatever I want all day til I go to work between 9pm and 11pm, depending on which route I'm working.

Then I get home between 4:00am and 5:30am, and Im usually alseep by 6am.

That's my 4 day work week routine. 

ILUVBEER99 said:
I assumed everyone shaved in the shower.  Can't see a reason why someone wouldn't.  Way more efficient than doing it in sink.
Reading this I'm just giggling imagining the zig zags and imbalances throughout my beard if I tried to trim that thing without a mirror in the shower.

JoeSteeler said:
weird to me how some don't shower in the morning
I morning shower when my hair is longer, but it's also why I really try to keep it short.  Extra 10 mins to sleep or drink my coffee in the dark watching/scrolling through the news.  I feel fresher when I do, but given my level of activity throughout the day it's best I shower at night anyway.

ILUVBEER99 said:
I'm no environmentalist but aren't you wasting a ton of water by shaving in the shower?

Reading this I'm just giggling imagining the zig zags and imbalances throughout my beard if I tried to trim that thing without a mirror in the shower.
I can see that.  shaving around a beard would be a bit more difficult.  Using a shower mirror should still be doable though.

Users who are viewing this thread