What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Feeling good after a lot of superb beers during the Chanpions League and Belmont. Now a Darkhorse Tres Blueberry Stout. One of the better fruit stouts IMO.

Got to the soccer bar at 11:15 for Champions League. Started with a Guinness. Saw the bartender pouring one and it looked about perfect to start the day while I waited for my Eggs Benny and the game to start. Had a couple Saint Archer IPAs during the game then walked to Pizza Port for a freshly tapped Burning of Rome IPA. Walked home and took a nap. Went back to Pizza Port and had and May the Port by with You Imperial Porter and another Rome. Walked to another spot for dinner and had a Knee Deep Breaking Bud and 2 Nelsons. Then back to Pizza Port for a Bourbon Barrel Aged Eukaryst.

Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager. First time having it and I really like it. I haven't had anything from Sierra Nevada that I don't like.
I hear that. Nobody has as many good beers as SN. Plus they do at an affordable price and wide distribution. But they still keep coming up with new beer all the time. Great people at SN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to the soccer bar at 11:15 for Champions League. Started with a Guinness. Saw the bartender pouring one and it looked about perfect to start the day while I waited for my Eggs Benny and the game to start. Had a couple Saint Archer IPAs during the game then walked to Pizza Port for a freshly tapped Burning of Rome IPA. Walked home and took a nap. Went back to Pizza Port and had and May the Port by with You Imperial Porter and another Rome. Walked to another spot for dinner and had a Knee Deep Breaking Bud and 2 Nelsons. Then back to Pizza Port for a Bourbon Barrel Aged Eukaryst.
Strong work

Also, they will be tapping a Galactic Double Daisy Cutter too. The place that had it before was Rock Island Public House on old Western in Blue Island of all places.

Also, they will be tapping a Galactic Double Daisy Cutter too. The place that had it before was Rock Island Public House on old Western in Blue Island of all places.
Well interesting, I will be in Tinley tomorrow night now I know where we're going for dinner

Hi palmer, not sure if you tried the grapefruit sculpin yet but I just had them put aside 2 6 packs, 1 for you. Let me know if interested. Also going to be trying Catawba king coconut porter

Hawks64 said:
Wingnut said:
urbanhack said:
just had a double galactic daisy cutter for lunch.

boom!
I bet its delicious :kicksrock:

On a happier note I just left Cigar City and am heading to Rapp, then Cycle.

http://i.imgur.com/vF5Kthh.jpg
That's a happy note GB!!
Yessir! Didn't get a chance to stop the day it was released, was glad they still had some left today...haven't tried this batch yet but have heard its the best in over a year. Gonna have a few while watching the hockey game tonight.Go Bolts! ;)

Ron Swanson said:
Wingnut said:
urbanhack said:
just had a double galactic daisy cutter for lunch.

boom!
I bet its delicious :kicksrock:

On a happier note I just left Cigar City and am heading to Rapp, then Cycle.

http://i.imgur.com/vF5Kthh.jpg
Nice. Haven't seen any of that over our way yet. Oddly enough, regular Jai Alai is in short supply these days.
Where are you at?
New Smyrna Beach
Yeah, you should be able to find some soon I think.

Holy #### this White Oak is so damn good...about to swing by CCB and pick up more if they still have some. Damn. Tipped the guys at Cycle with a couple. Best batch I've had yet.

Drank some SlapShot Citra Madness and White Oak Jai Alai during the hockey game. Now trying to decide between a Daisy Cutter, CCB Lacto Blackberry Grove, and Funky Buddha More Moro IPA. Will probably go with the lighter ABV and stay away from the Grove since I hit the pipe a time or two (not a euphemism lol)

Drank some SlapShot Citra Madness and White Oak Jai Alai during the hockey game. Now trying to decide between a Daisy Cutter, CCB Lacto Blackberry Grove, and Funky Buddha More Moro IPA. Will probably go with the lighter ABV and stay away from the Grove since I hit the pipe a time or two (not a euphemism lol)
How was the Citra Madness?

How was the Citra Madness?
Its good. Straight hops. 5.5% so its extremely easy to pound.

steelerfan1 said:
Hi palmer, not sure if you tried the grapefruit sculpin yet but I just had them put aside 2 6 packs, 1 for you. Let me know if interested. Also going to be trying Catawba king coconut porter
Love that beer

steelerfan1 said:
Love that beer
can't wait to try it jules. I am a stout guy but have heard even non ipa guys love this.
I had a couple Grapefruit Sculpies tonight myself. It is a great beer. We've been getting a lot bigger allotment of it in Denver lately. I still can't help but buy some whenever I see it in on the shelf.

I also had a Sierra Nevada Barrel-Aged Narwhal imperial stout and a Breakside India Golden Ale imperial IPA.

Well interesting, I will be in Tinley tomorrow night now I know where we're going for dinner
Update?
It was cancelled due to the rain and thunderstorm that rolled through so it' been scheduled for 6/16. Likely to head there afterwards, menu looks good and so does the beer list.

Update?
It was cancelled due to the rain and thunderstorm that rolled through so it' been scheduled for 6/16. Likely to head there afterwards, menu looks good and so does the beer list.
Beer list continually changes so monitor that. Their food is good too.

Update?
Beer list continually changes so monitor that. Their food is good too.
Yeah I will for sure but likely to go regardless.

Heading to the Greenbush anniversary party, going for the Village Idiot Ale. Looks like about 25-30 on tap, including 7-8 barrel-aged.

Pregame prep for the Blackhawks game tonight.

Just got a 750ml of Lowerline and Piety from NOLA Brewings Funk Series. I didn't think I'd ever get to try any of em, but found a guy who wanted some WOJA. Score.

The Lowerline is the base line Lacto sour for the series, and Piety is a cherry sour w/Brett.

Working on trying to get some Trillium...

Just got a 750ml of Lowerline and Piety from NOLA Brewings Funk Series. I didn't think I'd ever get to try any of em, but found a guy who wanted some WOJA. Score.

The Lowerline is the base line Lacto sour for the series, and Piety is a cherry sour w/Brett.

Working on tring to get some Trillium...
I had a friend in Boston for work last week. Suppose to have some Trillium bottles for me. I've had a couple before and loved them.

Working on tring to get some Trillium...
I had a friend in Boston for work last week. Suppose to have some Trillium bottles for me. I've had a couple before and loved them.
Its like pulling teeth to find someone up there to trade some bottles....Theres gotta be some FBGs in/near Boston in this thread....

Oh man...just sealed up two trades...gonna be getting these great beers:

750ml Lone Pint Yellow Rose IPA

750ml or 22oz (not sure which) of Firestone Walker Sour Opal

750 Growler Hill Farmstead Society and Solitude #5 DIPA :excited:

14th Star Tribute DIPA (12oz)

Also have some Jester King Atrial Rubicite sour locked up when its released.

:pickle:

EDIT: Any of you guys wanna join a trading group on facebook, I HIGHLY recommend "The beer trading society". Within 15 minutes of posting a trade, I got 3 offers and made 2 deals.

Users who are viewing this thread