What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

Hi palmer, not sure if you tried the grapefruit sculpin yet but I just had them put aside 2 6 packs, 1 for you. Let me know if interested. Also going to be trying Catawba king coconut porter
Love that beer
can't wait to try it jules. I am a stout guy but have heard even non ipa guys love this.
I had a couple Grapefruit Sculpies tonight myself. It is a great beer. We've been getting a lot bigger allotment of it in Denver lately. I still can't help but buy some whenever I see it in on the shelf.

I also had a Sierra Nevada Barrel-Aged Narwhal imperial stout and a Breakside India Golden Ale imperial IPA.
apparently it does not matter what kind of ipa it is, because that grapefruit sculpin was horrible to me :yucky: going to stick to my stout and porters thank you. on a side note, anyone in the charlotte area wanting a couple 6 packs on the cheap :)

One week from now ill be at Russian River! So excited. I already posted this, but if anyone wants to trade, I plan on shipping some back home.

Another big day for me...

Union Craft Old Pro Gose on the disc golf course. Prime Minister IPA and Pupil for lunch. Then off to an "all wild" brewery that opened less than a year ago, Toolbox. Had 5 of their sours and an ipa. All good to great. Then back home to walk around... Nelson cask x3, Benchmark Saison, Pizza Port Irish Stout, Pizza Port Burning of Rome IPA.

That should probably do it...

Another big day for me...

Union Craft Old Pro Gose on the disc golf course. Prime Minister IPA and Pupil for lunch. Then off to an "all wild" brewery that opened less than a year ago, Toolbox. Had 5 of their sours and an ipa. All good to great. Then back home to walk around... Nelson cask x3, Benchmark Saison, Pizza Port Irish Stout, Pizza Port Burning of Rome IPA.

That should probably do it...
So jealous of the beers you get. I was lucky enough to sample a flight (11-13) of Bells Blacknote. They were just perfect. I've had Blacknotes before but the flight was money. I don't know why I tend to forget them amongst the Founders and Bourbon County versions. The Blacknote is right on par.

The guy who was gonna send me a Hillstead Farm growler backed out of the trade, said his girlfriend drank the growler...I should have known it wouldnt happen...dammit...

Reef Donkey APA. I've come to the conclusion that its easily one of the best beers in Tampa Bay and its becoming a regular in my fridge. At $2.50 a pint, you just can't go wrong...now if I could only get it in Lakeland...

Have the Uranus in My fridge

Black IPAs usually not my style but figured I'd give it a shot...maybe with dinner one night or something

Had a Yum Yum. Waiting on my Something Hoppy This Way Comes or Super Flare which is a collaboration between 4 Hands and Wicked Weed.

Will be going on a road trip next month and will drive through NC for 4-5 days.

Aside from the breweries in Asheville, what should I hit? Noda? Others? Anywhere in the state is possible.

Had a Yum Yum. Waiting on my Something Hoppy This Way Comes or Super Flare which is a collaboration between 4 Hands and Wicked Weed.
Super Flare sounds interesting....IPA/DIPA?
IPA Just missed on some Maine Lunch too. Oh well.

How's the Snapper? Having your guy hold you some Spotted Puffer?

They need to release more Nelson Sauvin. Love that one. And Amarillo.

Last edited by a moderator:
IPAJust missed on some Maine Lunch too. Oh well.

It's really good but to be honest I like Beer Hates Astronauts from Half Acre better. Yeah he'll hold some for me provided he gets enough. He used to get 2 cases now it's more like 1/2 to 1 case....ever since they announced they are distroing to NY.

Agree on the Nelson. Loved that beer.

ETA I gave him a bottle of BHA so I'm sure I'll get whatever I want for a long time :)

Will be going on a road trip next month and will drive through NC for 4-5 days.

Aside from the breweries in Asheville, what should I hit? Noda? Others? Anywhere in the state is possible.
Birdsong on Charlotte too. WW has 2 in Asheville...the regular and the funkatorium. Hit both if you can

IPAJust missed on some Maine Lunch too. Oh well.

It's really good but to be honest I like Beer Hates Astronauts from Half Acre better. Yeah he'll hold some for me provided he gets enough. He used to get 2 cases now it's more like 1/2 to 1 case....ever since they announced they are distroing to NY.Agree on the Nelson. Loved that beer.

ETA I gave him a bottle of BHA so I'm sure I'll get whatever I want for a long time :)
Nicely done.Eta: GDDC at Tribes today. At least it was.

I think I reached a new degree of beer nerd today. I ended up staying home tonight and creating an inventory of my cellar in an Excel spreadsheet with brewery, beer, style, year, ABV, and number fields. I currently have about 80 different beers and 120 total beers in my stash.

I also did some drinking to pass the time:

Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin

Prairie Okie imperial brown ale aged in whiskey barrels

Dad and Dude's Dank IPA

The Prairie Okie was really delicious with lots of whiskey barrel character. It was reminiscent of the Bourbon County Barleywine I had last week. I need to pick some more up tomorrow.

Drinking a Brooklyn Quintaceratops. Quadrupel aged in rum and bourbon barrels. Don't think it was worth the price, but not bad.

I think I reached a new degree of beer nerd today. I ended up staying home tonight and creating an inventory of my cellar in an Excel spreadsheet with brewery, beer, style, year, ABV, and number fields. I currently have about 80 different beers and 120 total beers in my stash.
I agree.

:banned: :nerd:

(not that I couldn't see myself doing something similar . . .)

El Presidente. I am in the Dominican Republic. My wife won an incentive trip for 5 days. They have Corona but that stuff is piss. I like El Presidente, good beer. Plus the setting is nice. All inclusive, so drinking in mass quantities.

Users who are viewing this thread