What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

Wingnut said:
You Chicago guys have access to Firestone Walker?

Just found out the FFF is coming to Tampa for a tap takeover at Cigar City soon. Definitely gonna check it out!
Yep we get Firestone up here.
Union Jack?
yep.

Can't wait for the CCB take over at 3F! Would love to try some BA Huna if they are so kind to oblige.
When is the CCB take over at 3Fs?
This is pretty cool...It was their bet for the Stanley Cup....as well as a collab.

http://cigarcitybrewing.com/ccb-3floyds-a-bet-is-a-bet/

CCB vs. 3 Floyds: A Bet is a Bet

Posted on June 16, 2015 by Cigar City Brewing

As you may recall, we placed a friendly wager with our friends at 3 Floyds over the Stanley Cup Final. Simple bet: if the Lightning win, we host a 3 Floyds tap takeover. If the Blackhawks win, they host us for a CCB tap takeover. There’s also a collab happening no matter the result.

Well, we all know how that went. Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks and their fans!

And now, we must pay the piper. Details to be announced in the coming months on when this tap takeover is happening at 3 Floyds as well as what beer we’re sending.

Cheers to the Lightning, you guys had a great run, let’s do it again next year!

P.S. Because we need to drown our sorrows after this stinging loss, we’re still going to host a 3 Floyds tap takeover at CCB.

Wingnut said:
You Chicago guys have access to Firestone Walker?

Just found out the FFF is coming to Tampa for a tap takeover at Cigar City soon. Definitely gonna check it out!
Yep we get Firestone up here.
Union Jack?
yep.

Can't wait for the CCB take over at 3F! Would love to try some BA Huna if they are so kind to oblige.
When is the CCB take over at 3Fs?
This is pretty cool...It was their bet for the Stanley Cup....as well as a collab.

http://cigarcitybrewing.com/ccb-3floyds-a-bet-is-a-bet/

CCB vs. 3 Floyds: A Bet is a Bet

Posted on June 16, 2015 by Cigar City Brewing

As you may recall, we placed a friendly wager with our friends at 3 Floyds over the Stanley Cup Final. Simple bet: if the Lightning win, we host a 3 Floyds tap takeover. If the Blackhawks win, they host us for a CCB tap takeover. There’s also a collab happening no matter the result.

Well, we all know how that went. Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks and their fans!

And now, we must pay the piper. Details to be announced in the coming months on when this tap takeover is happening at 3 Floyds as well as what beer we’re sending.

Cheers to the Lightning, you guys had a great run, let’s do it again next year!

P.S. Because we need to drown our sorrows after this stinging loss, we’re still going to host a 3 Floyds tap takeover at CCB.
And Chicago's mayor is getting a bunch (Keg?) of CCB Invasion :)

Not liking all this FFF talk when they still won't distribute in PA.

And a good "friend" of mine from Indy is coming in to town later this month, but won't bring any because he's only carrying on.

And a good "friend" of mine from Indy is coming in to town later this month, but won't bring any because he's only carrying on.
Friends like that need to learn how to pack and ship beer. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep. A bunch of us in the Chicago area would be willing to hook you up. There are a lot of other great Chicago brews to try too.

Also, wingnut, I would like to set up another trade with you if you're up for it.

Yep. A bunch of us in the Chicago area would be willing to hook you up. There are a lot of other great Chicago brews to try too.Also, wingnut, I would like to set up another trade with you if you're up for it.
Im up for it, but give me a week or so...Just did 3 big trades, I'm all out of good stuff to send but there's always something new released somewhere so it won't take long for me to have some limited goodies.

Also, just cracked open a crowler of Cycle's Galactic Supercluster, a 5.4% ABV Galaxy hopped wheat, and its delicious. Probably my 3rd favorite Cycle beer behind Crank and Hammer. Man I wish theyd brew Hammer again.

http://i.imgur.com/BaDxqiw.jpg

Did a #### ton of yard work today and was sweating my butt off. Put a 6 of Bells Oberon in the freezer and was rotating so they would not freeze. Put 6 down in about and hour and half.... tasted great and have a really nice buzz going.

Local pub up the road has a Clown Shoes Flight tonite

Date Night Saison

Swagger

Peace that Money Can't Buy

Crasher in the Rye

AND only available in Minnesota and in very limited production, a nice 10 oz pour of

Bill vs the Mosquitos

$25 dollars for the beers with food pairings

Drinking my last White Oak Jai Alai :kicksrock:

I always trade the majority of it away and then wish I hadnt. lol.

Tried Green Bench's Oak IPA a few days ago and was shocked at how good it was. More oak but less vanilla than CCB's version.

Just registered for 2 upcoming beer pairing events at BurgerFi in Tampa (which looks fantastic) - one with 3 Daughters Brewing (meh), and one with Coppertail (yay!)

$15 gets 3 courses, and a paired beer with each course (a burger, a side, and a dessert). 3 beers and 3 "courses" for $15?? You cant beat that with a stick, especially when youre talking local, fresh craft beer at a place like BurgerFi.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/burgerficoppertail-brewing-burger-beer-tasting-tickets-17309450031

So much awesome here, especially since the 3 Daughters event is the night before the Alpine Tap Takeover in Sarasota...looks like Im gonna be out of town for 2 nights...Ill go to the burger thingy Thursday night, the Alpine takeover Fri night, and try to get up to fish Anna Maria on Sat. At my age, I call that a banner weekend.

:banned:

Finally broke my Alpine cherry but it was with Alpine Ale. Good not great. Did have a few other good to very good beers at Tribe. Man that place is great! I'll list them tomorrow sometime....off to crash now.

ditka311 said:

Yep. A bunch of us in the Chicago area would be willing to hook you up. There are a lot of other great Chicago brews to try too.

Also, wingnut, I would like to set up another trade with you if you're up for it.
Anything you want from PA? Probably won't be able to do it until some time next month, though.

Actually, will be driving through VA and NC too in a couple weeks, so maybe that would work.

Crooked Stave Hop Savant Brett IPA with Amarillo hops

Avery Insula Multos Collibus sour ale aged in bourbon barrels with cherries

Eddyline River Runners Pale Ale

PW at it again....

"Duuuuude...we're like packaging Spotted Puffer today. It's like this IIPA with honey and passionfruit and some serious hops. It's like whoaaa...I've never looked at my fins before...they're beautiful...DISTRO begins Monday"

Got some goodies in the mail today from Texas and Connecticut, although there was one casualty. The 750 of Yellow Rose was only half full...half of it leaked somehow, the cap is intact still....sucks, but the dude is sending a replacement, so no biggie...

Box 1:

750ml Lone Pint Yellow Rose IPA

375ml Firestone Walker Sour Opal

Community Beer Co's Mosaic IPA (12oz) x 3

Deep Ellum IPA (12oz)

Martin House Cellermans Reserve IPA (single hop series) 12oz

Box 2:

Treehouse Julius 16oz x a few :excited:

Lost Nation Brewing's Gose 16oz x 2

New England Brewing Co's Sea Hag IPA (12oz)

Bent Paddle Cold Press Black Coffee Ale (12oz)

Ive got work to do! After trying for a year and a half, I finally got my hands on Treehouse Julius...Its been one of those beers I fugured Id get one day but not anytime soon...huge thanks to my iBeerFriends Allie and Adam!!

:pickle:

Went with Crank while Julius was still fresh on the palate. Crank is definitely the closest thing to NE IPAs Ive had...not saying it beats Julius or Sip of Sunshine (Ive had em both now), but its in the same ballpark.

My first ever Julius. Nectar of the Gods.

http://i.imgur.com/GbitJzk.jpg
That looks awesome GB!
Beer looks good too.
I was talking about the beer. Was just there less than a month ago :)
I know. I am just a smartass.

How was Tribes?
I did forget to update that. Man that place is awesome. Great food (had the pig n goat burger) and great beer selection. How close are you to it?

Just landed a Jester King Montmorency vs Balaton. I've got more sours on deck than anything else...and that's a good thing!

Checked out DryHop Brewers last night. Here's their beer menu. Tried the:

Angry Samoan Coconut Milk Stout

Veils & Starlight Thyme and Raspberry American Wheat

Mr. Banana Grabber Hefeweizen

Pegboy Ginger Belgian IPA

You dank loving bastards would like this place.

I forgot that I drank a few Sweet Baby Jesus pints last week in NC. That is a tasty beer. Anybody recommend anything similar (chocolate and peanut butter porter/stout) that distributes to AZ/NM/W TX?

Also had a Fifty Fifty Imperial Stout Aged in Elijah Craig barrels. Never heard of that brewery, but the bartender was excited we were getting into the good stuff. It was indeed good stuff.

Lost Nation Gose. Its pretty good but missing something...intensity maybe...not quite enough sour and salt. Not bad though, and quite tasty in 85 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread