What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Reef Donkey APA....debating on taking the night off and cracking my Beer Hates Astronauts from Hawks...BTW, congrats on the win last night, GB...I dont see TB taking the next 2.

Knee Deep Hoptologist DIPA. Good, not great. Was hoping for some of their other beers, which were listed on the beer shop's site, but I guess they sold out.

I will see that for a 9% beer, it is pretty clean and not overly sweet or with a syrupy mouth feel. Interested in trying their other double and triple IPAs.
I've had their Simtra Triple IPA (11.25%), and it was one of the best high ABV IPAs I've had. Super hoppy and not too malty. Dangerous drinkability for 11+%.
Knee Deep Lupulin River bomber. This is really nice. Great bitterness and with lots of grapefruit notes. Loving it.

Was able to get the Simtra also, but after already having a bomber of 75 minute IPA, will probably tap out for the night.
bomber of Knee Deep Midnight Hoppyness. This is an Imperial Black IPA, I guess. Great hop character for a black IPA. I don't love a lot of black IPAs, but this is pretty nice and really drinkable for 9.5 ABV. These guys definitely seem to know what they are doing with hops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Charlotte for about 48 hours and drank probably 15 Hop Drops. My only regret is that I did not stash a couple 4 packs in my luggage.

The Charlotte brewery scene seems to be blowing up these days.

Back to Stone Ruination, La Cumbre, and Happy Campers for now.

El Presidente. I am in the Dominican Republic. My wife won an incentive trip for 5 days. They have Corona but that stuff is piss. I like El Presidente, good beer. Plus the setting is nice. All inclusive, so drinking in mass quantities.
I would never drink Caribbean beers in the US but when you are sitting on white sands with crystal blue water and brown women around you they pass the test. I was in Aruba last week and Balashi beer was only drinkable while chugging/shotgunning. The Balashi Chill was okay to drink normally.

What is everyone's favorite mexican beer? Modelos aren't bad for sipping, Coronas are garbage, Pacifico and Sol were my favorite for day drinking. Any others I should be on the look out for?

ETA: Cold Dead Hands, enjoy your vacation and congrats to your wife for being a badass!

I need some help from Wingnut and the Florida guys. I am headed to Key Largo and then Sanibel and while I am bringing a nice supply of Hop Drop and Roll and Founders Session IPA I love to drink new beers. What good Florida beers will I be able to find in the supermarkets? :banned:

berndog said:
I need some help from Wingnut and the Florida guys. I am headed to Key Largo and then Sanibel and while I am bringing a nice supply of Hop Drop and Roll and Founders Session IPA I love to drink new beers. What good Florida beers will I be able to find in the supermarkets? :banned:
Not sure about what you will find in the supermarkets, but theres a Total Wine & More in Ft Myers that you should pass right by a few miles before the bridge to Sanibel, on the corner of Daniels Pkwy and US 41 (Tamiami Trail). That will probably be your best bet, they should have just about everything that is in distro down there.

I was in Charlotte for about 48 hours and drank probably 15 Hop Drops. My only regret is that I did not stash a couple 4 packs in my luggage.

The Charlotte brewery scene seems to be blowing up these days.

Back to Stone Ruination, La Cumbre, and Happy Campers for now.
Fresh HDR is awesome....how could you not stash some to take home??? SMH...

Last time I was there I drove so I loaded up on NoDa, Wicked Weed, etc...that was an expensive beer trip. lol

4 Hands Wicked Weed collab Super Flare - IPA with Mango, Guava and Tangerine Zest. Wow great beer, was worried about the 12.00 for 500ml bottle price though.

4 Hands Wicked Weed collab Super Flare - IPA with Mango, Guava and Tangerine Zest. Wow great beer, was worried about the 12.00 for 500ml bottle price though.
That sounds awesome.
Yes it does.
Wicked Weed might be the brewery that I wish I had access to in Colorado more than any other. Every time I have their stuff at festivals out here I am always super impressed.Founders and Three Floyds are probably the other breweries that I miss most out here.

That sounds awesome.
That sounds awesome.
Yes it does.
Yeah it was excellent....I wish I had more but it was a steep price.

That sounds awesome.
Yes it does.
Wicked Weed might be the brewery that I wish I had access to in Colorado more than any other. Every time I have their stuff at festivals out here I am always super impressed.Founders and Three Floyds are probably the other breweries that I miss most out here.
Let me know if you ever want to trade for some Founders.

That sounds awesome.
Yes it does.
Same goes for 3Fs or PW or Half Acre :)

That sounds awesome.
Yes it does.
Same goes for 3Fs or PW or Half Acre :)
I still can't believe none of those are distributed to Michigan.

Ocelot saison.
Does that mean you went to Ocelot?
Long story short. I tried but ran out of time. I was bummed about it. Went to a restaurant and there she was. I did a little fist pump when I saw it on the menu.
That sucks and is cool at the same time. How was the Saison?
I golfed in this nasty humidity today. The saison was liquid heaven. Growler in the fridge. May try to get out to the brewery tomorrow.

Ocelot saison.
Long story short. I tried but ran out of time. I was bummed about it. Went to a restaurant and there she was. I did a little fist pump when I saw it on the menu.
I golfed in this nasty humidity today. The saison was liquid heaven. Growler in the fridge. May try to get out to the brewery tomorrow.
Saison is a perfect hot weather golf beer. I can't wait to try some Ocelot. I'm sure it's going to be a first rate brewery.

Ocelot saison.
#### yeah! That's Waves of Joy (Beatles Across the Universe. All beers are song lyrics). Nelson hopped saison. I have only had it from the fermenter. They were suppose to ship me some after they kegged it :kicksrock: What bar?

Ocelot saison.
#### yeah! That's Waves of Joy (Beatles Across the Universe. All beers are song lyrics). Nelson hopped saison. I have only had it from the fermenter. They were suppose to ship me some after they kegged it :kicksrock: What bar?
We ate at Founding Farmers Tysons. I was going to do a flight of local brews. But when I saw Ocelot I just ordered a tall one. And another. And some to take with me. It has a great red color and a refreshing taste of lemon. My brother literally freaked out over how much he liked it. Fat Tire is his go to. I think he's seen the light.

Stupid ran out of stupid likes :kicksrock:

Glad you guys liked the beer. Lots of other beers on at the brewery if you get out there. Tell them you know me from the internet and they'll show you around the place if you like.

Firestone Walker Stickee Monkee during Hawks post winning celebration.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I prefer Parabola to BCBS and KBS. Really enjoy that slightly spicy finish to their BA offerings.

berndog said:
#1 beer to try in FL IMO is Jai Alai from Cigar City. Usually is readily available in cans in many supermarkets and liquor stores. Although supplies seem to be somewhat limited right now.

That sounds awesome.
That sounds awesome.
Yes it does.
Yeah it was excellent....I wish I had more but it was a steep price.
I agree. Awesome beer. And it is a Brett IPA so you have that going on too.

Also agree on the price.

That sounds awesome.
Yes it does.
Sweet. I'd love to do a trade sometime. Let me know if there is anything in particular that you are interested in out here in Colorado.

Firestone Walker Stickee Monkee during Hawks post winning celebration.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I prefer Parabola to BCBS and KBS. Really enjoy that slightly spicy finish to their BA offerings.
I think I am probably with you with regard to Parabola over BCBS and KBS. Firestone Walker's barrel-aged releases are always top-notch, and Parabola is one of my all-time favorite beers. I'm looking forward to trying this year's Stickee Monkee here soon.

You Chicago guys have access to Firestone Walker?

Just found out the FFF is coming to Tampa for a tap takeover at Cigar City soon. Definitely gonna check it out!

Wingnut said:
You Chicago guys have access to Firestone Walker?

Just found out the FFF is coming to Tampa for a tap takeover at Cigar City soon. Definitely gonna check it out!
Yep we get Firestone up here.

Buckfast 1 said:
That sounds awesome.
Yes it does.
Sweet. I'd love to do a trade sometime. Let me know if there is anything in particular that you are interested in out here in Colorado.
I would take your advice for what is good. We get Oskar, Great Divide and Avery here. However, just the basics and none of their more limited releases. What are you intereted in from Founders?

Users who are viewing this thread