What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

Just finished a crowler of Cycles Galactic Supercluster...now having a TBBC Reef Donkey...up next? Who knows...lots to pick form!

Cracking a Treehouse Julius now. Its gonna be XMas in July for me next week. Scheduled to land on my porch:

de Garde Cherry Raz Bu 750ml
de Garde Saison Cinquieme 750ml

Maine Beer Company Dinner x 4 (500ml)
Hill Farmstead 750ml growler Double Citra
Hill Farmstead 750ml growler Society & Solitude #4

Russian River Blind Pig 500ml x 4
Russin Siver Supplication 375ml

Tree House Haze 16oz x ?
Alchemist Heady Topper 16oz x ?
Fiddlehead Second Fiddle 16oz X ?

And a couple others not known yet....I love open ended trades.

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
At World of beer in Orlando. So far:

Funky Buddha Big Guava Jelly ale

Funky Buddha Blueberry Cobbler

Angry Chair German Choc Cupcake Stout

Cigar City Jolly Ollie

Cigar City Horchata Nitro

Cigar City White Oak Citrus IPA (cask)

Wynwood IPA

Green Bench Low Micro IPA

About to try Funky Buddha French Toast and about 6 more beers.

Celebrating a verbal agreement to purchase a house this afternoon...

Community Beer Works Singularity IPA: Dr. Rudi hops (finishing growler from last weekend :bag: )
Lagunitas Daytime

Stone Enjoy By 7/4/15

Almanac Farm-to-Barrel Farmer's Reserve Citrus

Celebrating a verbal agreement to purchase a house this afternoon...

Community Beer Works Singularity IPA: Dr. Rudi hops (finishing growler from last weekend :bag: )

Lagunitas Daytime

Stone Enjoy By 7/4/15

Almanac Farm-to-Barrel Farmer's Reserve Citrus
Not worth the paper it's written on. But enjoy those beers!

FB French Toast (the SHIZ!)

Due South Mexican Standoff (hot hot hot)

Due South Category 5 IPA (pretty good!)

Wynwood Pops Porter (good)

Green Bench DeSoto Low Micro IPA (pass)

Proof Guru IPA (decent)

Proof Mango Wit (good)

Cigar City Seasonal Creep (not a fan)

I went to a cool beer festival on Friday night at the 2015 Colorado Brewers' Festival in Fort Collins. The breweries were asked to bring rare, special beers that they wouldn't normally serve at a beer festival. The festival was in this little park with a string band playing some cool renditions of modern music. There were a bunch of food trucks making complimentary food that was brought around on trays by servers. They had soft pretzels, crawfish hushpuppies, pork carnitas tacos, dumplings, cheese, and all kinds of other stuff. They had the biggest pours of any beer festival I've ever been to -- probably an average of 5 oz per pour. Some of the beer standouts for me were:

Avery Samaels strong ale aged in oak barrels

Black Bottle OG Kush sour porter aged in whiskey barrels

Cannonball Creek Mocha Imperial Stout

Comrade Superpower IPA

Crooked Stave HopSavant Brett IPA with Amarillo hops

Fate Moirai Coffee IPA

Horse & Dragon Tropical Aardvark imperial IPA firkin with fresh tropical fruits

Odell Friek sour ale aged in oak barrels with cherries and raspberries (2013)

Odell Woodcut No. 7 Russian imperial stout aged in oak barrels (2013)

Ratio Beerworks New Wave strawberry berliner weisse

Last night I drank Abita Cold Pressed Macchiato Espresso Stout

I love my stouts and porters but not a big fan of this beer :no:

Abita has sort of lost their mind in the face of all the local competition erupting. They must have thrown out like 15 varieties in the last couple years, it's such a crapshoot I rarely try them. I still enjoy the Abbey Ale, IPA and Turbo Dog though.

Coppertail Unholy Trippel. Not a huge fan of the style, but this one is so damn good.
It's a great style g#######t.

Boont.
Well alrighty. Thanks for setting me straight. (edit: I like Belgians in general but Tripels and Quads are hit and miss for me. This one is hopped like a mofo so its a nice twist)

Having an AV Kimmie Gose
Sorry about that. I feel smothered by IPAs sometimes. I like smooth, malty and lightly sweet better than bitter and more bitter. But I'm left with only a six pack of grapefruit sculpin. It's a good time to be alive.

A little birdie told me there would be Kern River Citra on tap for the 4th. If so, I'll be there with growler. It'd be like winning the lottery.

Bottle of Pure Hoppiness then $4 locals at dinner so put down 2 Nelsons. Then over to Pizza Port for 3 half pints. Home now for a bottle of 2013 Bourbon County.

Weihenstephaner Vitus. Sometimes I like to go back to the brewery that opened my eyes to great beer...and this beer doesn't disappoint, as expected. You just can't go wrong with Weihenstephaner. Old school top notch.

Drag. Found out the Alpine tap takeover is Sarasota next week doesn't include Nelson.

Alpine beers:

Hoppy Birthday

Duet IPA

Alpine Ale

Captain Stout

Irish Red

Gonna have to pass. Not driving an hour and a half for Duet drafts.

Drag. Found out the Alpine tap takeover is Sarasota next week doesn't include Nelson.

Alpine beers:

Hoppy Birthday

Duet IPA

Alpine Ale

Captain Stout

Irish Red

Gonna have to pass. Not driving an hour and a half for Duet drafts.
For that gas money you can just get it shipped.

I tried Sculpin and Gratefruit Sculpin for the first time as I found a store that carried them here in RI. I guess I was a bit underwhelmed which is probably mostly due to the hype surrounding them. I liked the Gratefruit Sculpin a bit more and think both are really solid but again, expectations probably hurt my evaluation. There are definitely other IPAs I like better then Sculpin. Only had one each though so perhaps my mind will change as I make it through each six pack.

I tried Sculpin and Gratefruit Sculpin for the first time as I found a store that carried them here in RI. I guess I was a bit underwhelmed which is probably mostly due to the hype surrounding them. I liked the Gratefruit Sculpin a bit more and think both are really solid but again, expectations probably hurt my evaluation. There are definitely other IPAs I like better then Sculpin. Only had one each though so perhaps my mind will change as I make it through each six pack.
Do you know how old they were? My understanding is that Sculpin falls off pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread