What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What record does the Tom Brady owner have in your league? (1 Viewer)

5-3 after losing to me last week.

He has Brady, Moss and Welker...I had LT, Lynch and Palmer going yet still snagged the high score of the week.

8-0 in my league. Not only does he have Brady but is second lowest in points scored against him.
I've never personally understood the point of tracking points scored against each fantasy team. If your opponents haven't scored very many points all year, that isn't a reflection of anything that you did well with your team - it may simply indicate that you've had the good fortune of playing a string of guys who have below average talent or have made poor decisions about who to start. Points against have some meaning when you're talking about the actual NFL teams, but it's probably the dumbest stat to track in FF.

Owner is 7-1 leading the league in points. Oh, and I'm the owner. :confused: Brady

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised at how many ended up at or near .500. Not like last year, when the LT owners, I believe, were usually at .750 or better. I think Sportsline added it up across all their leagues last season, and did an article on how many LT owners made the playoffs, and it was a ridiculously high number.

The guy in my league is 6-1-1, BUT...Every year there are teams with great records who flop in the FF playoffs. I think that will happen this year to the most part for Brady owners. Why? Look at all the cold weather games left on the Patriots schedule. Cold weather means running the ball more. You watch; games that they're winning right now 52-7 they will win in December 20-3. Brady's stats will still be respectable but nowhere near the numbers he's putting up now...
Won't happen. They are not that good at stopping the run. If they don't jump to a big lead early they won't be holding anyone to 3pts or 10pts for that matter. They will continue to throw the ball.Oh yeah and the Brady owners in my 3 leagues are 6-2 (me), 7-1, and 3-5.

8-0 in my league. Not only does he have Brady but is second lowest in points scored against him.
I've never personally understood the point of tracking points scored against each fantasy team. If your opponents haven't scored very many points all year, that isn't a reflection of anything that you did well with your team - it may simply indicate that you've had the good fortune of playing a string of guys who have below average talent or have made poor decisions about who to start. Points against have some meaning when you're talking about the actual NFL teams, but it's probably the dumbest stat to track in FF.
Points allowed is an indicator of whether you arrived at your record by luck, or whether your record is a good reflection of your team. That's all it's good for -- but that info isn't totally useless.

Well, we were both 6-1 heading into our showdown this week. I had Romo on a bye, so picked up Griese from the wire. Nice 4 picks Brian. Anyway, had 90 point lead heading to the afternoon after Addai and Parker went off, only to see Brady, Moss and the freakin' Patriot D wreck my day. Lost by 5 points, so he's now 7-1.

Hoping that weather softens up the Brady train the last 4 games of the season, or we're all in trouble. And he's done that with SJax being his first pick at 1.02. Imagine if he would be playing like last year.

7-1. His team is Brady, Parker and not a whole lot much else. He's in top 3 for scoring as well (14-teamer).

As awesome as Brady is, as the Judge says, he likely won't be passing as much in December when the weather turns. He'll still be a top 1-3 QB, just not at this insane clip.

I'm 2-6 and third in scoring.

About the time K.Jones gets going, L.Jordan goes into tank. Plus A.Boldin sat for several weeks. I've absolutely gone off a few weeks but then had some dreadful games as well when no one showed up except for Brady.

I'm 2-6 and third in scoring.About the time K.Jones gets going, L.Jordan goes into tank. Plus A.Boldin sat for several weeks. I've absolutely gone off a few weeks but then had some dreadful games as well when no one showed up except for Brady.
That sucks. They should make a t-shirt for stuff like that.

DoGdr said:
6 -1 despite having S. Jackson and MacAllister as is 1 and 2 picks.
Found one that I'm playing against this week.1-7, 9th in points. (I started out typing his team/squad, but realized nobody probably cares beyond that)

I'm 4-4 with Brady.

He was the only QB I drafted.

rant:

My record against all teams every week is 70-18 though. All four of my losses were the only week of the season that particular opponent outscored me. My division leader has had 335 less points scored against them. I lost by two points on that Brett Favre overtime bomb last week, with the second highest score of the week.

I'm 13-1 (11 man league with two games some weeks). 76-4 in the all play. Also, I've lead the league in scoring every week except for week 6 and have a 280 point lead over the second team, scoring wise.

He's 3-5. Most points in the league. Scored the second most points this week and lost. Just bad luck for that owner this season so far. I beat him in week 6. He has Brady - I have Palmer and LT. Any other week with Brady's week six output and he kills me...

I am in a 12 man buy in league. I am the Brady owner, and I am 8-0. However, I must say that I really just have a great team this year, and could have won my games with a different QB. Although, Brady is putting my scores way out of reach.

3-5 (12Team)

7-1 (12Team)

7-1 (12Team)

7-1 (12Team)

8-0 (12Team)

Me...5-3 & 4th in total points...keeper league with Brady, LJ, LT, and Harrison...

Player YTD Pts Bye

Brady, Tom NEP QB (P *) 229.94 10

Graham, Earnest TBB RB 91.30 10

Grant, Ryan GBP RB 24.70 7

Henry, Chris TEN RB ® 25.70 4

Johnson, Larry KCC RB 104.50 8

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB 155.48 7

Turner, Michael SDC RB 31.50 7

Curry, Ronald OAK WR (*) 87.60 5

Davis, Andre' HOU WR (*) 74.00 10

Harrison, Marvin IND WR (Q) 50.70 6

Henry, Chris CIN WR - 5

Jones, James GBP WR ® 78.00 7

Patten, David NOS WR 54.10 4

Stover, Matt BAL PK 70.00 8

Bears, Chicago CHI Def 111.00 9

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def 101.40 8

16 Total Players

6-2 with the most pts scored. I'm 7-1 and face him this week. He's always been a Pats homer and been a bit of a whipping boy in the league until this year. Brady, Welker, Stallworth, Watson and Pats D.

4-4 He also has Moss. Second most points scored 548... 3rd highest is 464.

side note: Beat him last week but I'm only 5-3 with 589 points.... yea.. everyone has their best day against us. :rolleyes:

He's 6-2, leading the league in scoring by about 60 points total over the guy with Romo and Moss.

Somehow he only managed to score 60 some points this week. I'm not sure how he managed that.

14 team dynasty league....6-2 record. #1 in points scored but it's tight. #2 team has Moss.

12 team dynasty league....6-2 record. #2 in points scored

12 team keeper league....7-1 record. #1 in points scored. Dominating a 6 point for TD pass, -2 for INT scoring system.

12 team redraft league....5-3 record. #7 in points scored. He's had a lot of injuries. Brady is keeping him afloat.

I have Brady but I'm 3-5. Most points scored in the league and 2nd best sportsline "breakdown record".

Lost a game by 1 point, and two when I i was third highest scoring..arggggg

Three leagues:

1) 5-3: 3/10 & #2 in pts (also has Moss)

2) 4-4: 6/10 & 6 in points (very thin at RB)

3) 6-2: 1/10 & 1 in points (solid all way through, but not unbeatable)

Guy in my 14 teamer drafted Addai then Brady. He is doing very well leading the league in points. I have Keith though!!! :thumbup:

Guy in my 14 teamer drafted Addai then Brady. He is doing very well leading the league in points. I have Keith though!!! :lmao:
10-6, we play double header games in our league. Owner has Brady, Addai and Gates as her main guns (no pun intended) and they have been carrying her team. What's amazing is that she has no RB2 and no WR1! I'm 11-5, in the same division, and quite frankly I'm concerned!

Our Brady owner is in 4th place of a 12 team league. His normal starters are as follows...

Brady

Edgerrin James

Rudi / DeAngelo

Patrick Crayton

Andre' Davis / Brandond Stokley

Todd Heap

Robbie Gould

Chargers

They have gotten 40% of their scoring from Brady, and without Brady they would be the worst team in our league.

In 5 of the 7 leagues I'm in the Brady owner is 6-2 or better. Other 2 leagues are about 5-3, 4-4. In some of the leagues, Brady is outscoring the #12 QB by 100%.....like having 2 QB's for the price of 1. If Brady stays healthy, he should shatter most single season fantasy numbers in most scoring formats.

You could say the same thing about h2h in general. Having a good record could just be the good fortune of playing a string of teams who have bad weeks when they play you. If points against is a dumb stat to track...a h2h record isn't far behind.Regarding Brady owners, his owner in a total points league is in second to the guy who has Moss and Burress.

Code:
8	0	leading league in points
7	1	leading league in points
7	1	leading league in points
6	2	leading league in points
6	2	leading league in points
5	3	5 out of 12 in points
4	4	leading league in points
4	4	2 out of 12 in points
4	4	6 out of 12 in points
Here are the records of the teams in my 9 leagues with Brady at QB. Amazing. The team that has him leads the league in scoring in 6 out of 9 leagues. Wow.

Interesting to note that the team with a 4-4 record and is 6 out of 12 in scoring is a 2 QB start league, the owner has not had a capable #2 QB all year.

One Tom Brady owner leads the league at 6-2. Of course, he also has Moss. The other guy in my other league who has Tom Brady is 3-5.

Users who are viewing this thread