What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What was the most impressive play this year? (1 Viewer)

stugnut

Footballguy
For me it was the Denver/New England game where Champ Bailey intercepted Brady and then ran it back for a sure touchdown. The replay shows no one anywhere near Bailey as he crossed the 10 yard line and started to showboat, only to get caught from behind by a blazing Ben Watson. How many other TE's in the NFL catch Bailey on that play? I just love the hustle that Watson showed :thumbup:

For me it was the Denver/New England game where Champ Bailey intercepted Brady and then ran it back for a sure touchdown. The replay shows no one anywhere near Bailey as he crossed the 10 yard line and started to showboat, only to get caught from behind by a blazing Ben Watson. How many other TE's in the NFL catch Bailey on that play? I just love the hustle that Watson showed :thumbup:
That was a great play. I remember saying to my son "That's why you never give up" on Watson's hussle. Also, I told him "Never show up your opponet. Always show respect and you won't get caught like Bailey did." That was embarrassing.

Nathan Vasher's record setting 108-yard missed filed goal return for the bears vs. SF. The play ended up being the longest play in league history.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it was the Denver/New England game where Champ Bailey intercepted Brady and then ran it back for a sure touchdown. The replay shows no one anywhere near Bailey as he crossed the 10 yard line and started to showboat, only to get caught from behind by a blazing Ben Watson. How many other TE's in the NFL catch Bailey on that play? I just love the hustle that Watson showed  :thumbup:
That was a great play. I remember saying to my son "That's why you never give up" on Watson's hussle. Also, I told him "Never show up your opponet. Always show respect and you won't get caught like Bailey did." That was embarrassing.
Was great hustle on Watsons part. But he missed his block at the beginning of the play that flushed Brady out and caused the pick(not taking anything away from Bailey)

Man you're a great dad!! :D

Nathan Vasher's record setting 108-yard missed filed goal return for the bears vs. SF. The play ended up being the longest play in league history.
Heck, you could stop the highlight at the time Vasher caught the ball and it would still get my vote.I still cannot stop from laughing when I watch that ball hook.

Quentin Mikell's blocked field goal, returned for a game-winning touchdown by Matt Ware for the Eagles has to be on the list.

For me it was the Denver/New England game where Champ Bailey intercepted Brady and then ran it back for a sure touchdown. The replay shows no one anywhere near Bailey as he crossed the 10 yard line and started to showboat, only to get caught from behind by a blazing Ben Watson. How many other TE's in the NFL catch Bailey on that play? I just love the hustle that Watson showed  :thumbup:
Man you're a great dad!! :D
I won't tell you what I said about the Steelers. :P :bag:

bailey was not showboating at all...he slowed down after running almost 100 yards and seeing no one near him...woudlnt you too?

Personally my best play this year was in college and it was the catch that kid madde in the Alabama game. I still can't believe he held onto it. If someone doesn't know the one I'm talking about the wr for Alabama was underthrown in the endzone with a defender right behind him. He caught the ball behind the defender (hands acroos the defenders body) fell to the ground with the defender on top of him and still held onto the ball. To be perfectly honest I think it was the best catch I've ever seen.

Was he actually showing anyone up? Looked to me like the guy was just out of gas.

Heck, you could stop the highlight at the time Vasher caught the ball and it would still get my vote.I still cannot stop from laughing when I watch that ball hook.
That was actually a different field goal attempt during the same game. The Bears were trying a fied goal and the ball just hooked off the tv screen. Yes it was funny but different play.

Was he actually showing anyone up?

Looked to me like the guy was just out of gas.
No. He had just sprinted about 110 yards, and looked to be out of gas and he slowed down, figuring he had nothing but blockers behind him, which he did. Watson just hustled his ### off.

A better lesson for FM's son would be to always give 100%, no matter how sure you are of the outcome of a play/game. You never know whats going to happen.

Lloyd's 1 hander against the Seahawks was personally the best catch Ive seen in the NFL.

Prothro's catch for Alabama in the NCAA was just sickening though.

bailey was not showboating at all...he slowed down after running almost 100 yards and seeing no one near him...woudlnt you too?
Nope. Bailey should have finished the run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anquan Boldin's TD where he caught a short pass and broke like 6 tackles and scored the TD.

AMAZING PLAY.

Was he actually showing anyone up?

Looked to me like the guy was just out of gas.
No. He had just sprinted about 110 yards, and looked to be out of gas and he slowed down, figuring he had nothing but blockers behind him, which he did. Watson just hustled his ### off.

A better lesson for FM's son would be to always give 100%, no matter how sure you are of the outcome of a play/game. You never know whats going to happen.
Great point!

ESPN sucks, and if I had the resources, I'd fly a plane into it. I vote that we change the name of this award to the FBGspy (or FBGsy, anything really), eliminating any reference to that atrocious network.

After that, I guess my favorite play of the year would have to be when the Falcons WR got crunched in that Falcons/Bears game, resulting in a bobbled pass and INT for the Bears. So many huge hits in that game. :yes:

ESPN sucks, and if I had the resources, I'd fly a plane into it. I vote that we change the name of this award to the FBGspy (or FBGsy, anything really), eliminating any reference to that atrocious network.
Interesting. I for one appreciate a network that's dedicated to nothing but sports, but that's just me.

One of LT's runs against the giants in week 3 or 4 was just crazy.

ESPN sucks, and if I had the resources, I'd fly a plane into it.  I vote that we change the name of this award to the FBGspy (or FBGsy, anything really), eliminating any reference to that atrocious network.
Interesting. I for one appreciate a network that's dedicated to nothing but sports, but that's just me.
I'm honestly pretty good with just NFL Network. If I want MLB stuff, I just use the innernets. I don't particularly care for any other sports. ESPN does carry NFL games and MLB games that I like to watch, and they have a few really good broadcasters. I'll give you that.It's hard for me to detail exactly how bad the network has become. Their "simulated press conferences" last year with Steve Phillips playing GM in fake news conferences were an embarassment. Playmakers was also a joke, but at least it served as a decent point of reference for when ESPN jumped the shark. Cold Pizza is like a sports program for people who don't really care about sports (although admittedly, I do enjoy the banter between Bayless and Page sometimes :bag: ). They've been perfectly willing to let talent like Olbermann and Eisen walk, content to replace them with jokers that aren't even remotely as talented. Legends like Dan Patrick and Kenny Mayne rarely even make an appearance on SportsCenter anymore. Brilliant analysts like Jaworski, (to a smaller degree) Tom Jackson and (also to a smaller degree) Sterling Sharpe get drowned out by whatever loud-mouthed jackass they have as their hot dog element on the football broadcasts, whether it be Deion or Irvin.

And it seems like the network has taken a seriously deranged turn for sensationalism since ABC/Disney bought them out. Why bring in Rush Limbaugh, a political commentator who was apparently quite ignorant about sports (right as I felt he was about the McNabb situation), in as a sports broadcaster? They wanted that trainwreck to happen, there's no question in my mind. And it seems like they'd rather spend time talking about such earth-shattering events as the T.O. saga, the Kenny Rogers outburst, a female driver in Nascar, Brett Favre's dad, Jerome Bettis' parents, the Kobe Bryant rape fiasco, and other crap that nobody cares about as opposed to actual.. you know.. sports. Stephen A. Smith gets his own show??? He and Kobe Bryant on the same stage together??? Somebody freaking shoot me. And none of this even takes into account how hideous that futuristic stage they have as their SportsCenter setup is, and it also doesn't take into account how incredibly lame it is when they take ten seconds to fade into commercials because of some stupid SC graphic. And don't even get me STARTED on their "Ultimate Highlight," or how much I'd like my own ears to be blown off when they use that damned Coors Light "Twins" song for their weekly football highlights.

ESPN is garbage. It's been garbage. Thank God for NFL Network.

One of LT's runs against the giants in week 3 or 4 was just crazy.
Kinda like wk. 9 against the Jets.One Particularly impressive move that left Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law frozen in his tracks.

Personally my best play this year was in college and it was the catch that kid madde in the Alabama game. I still can't believe he held onto it. If someone doesn't know the one I'm talking about the wr for Alabama was underthrown in the endzone with a defender right behind him. He caught the ball behind the defender (hands acroos the defenders body) fell to the ground with the defender on top of him and still held onto the ball. To be perfectly honest I think it was the best catch I've ever seen.
There was a football hilite reel on TV last night and I saw a number of the plays mentioned on this thread. But I have to say this catch is, without question, the best reception I have ever seen.Any discussions of the best catches ever made will have to include this one.

ESPN sucks, and if I had the resources, I'd fly a plane into it.  I vote that we change the name of this award to the FBGspy (or FBGsy, anything really), eliminating any reference to that atrocious network.
I'm honestly pretty good with just NFL Network. If I want MLB stuff, I just use the innernets. I don't particularly care for any other sports. ESPN does carry NFL games and MLB games that I like to watch, and they have a few really good broadcasters. I'll give you that.It's hard for me to detail exactly how bad the network has become. Their "simulated press conferences" last year with Steve Phillips playing GM in fake news conferences were an embarassment. Playmakers was also a joke, but at least it served as a decent point of reference for when ESPN jumped the shark. Cold Pizza is like a sports program for people who don't really care about sports (although admittedly, I do enjoy the banter between Bayless and Page sometimes :bag: ). They've been perfectly willing to let talent like Olbermann and Eisen walk, content to replace them with jokers that aren't even remotely as talented. Legends like Dan Patrick and Kenny Mayne rarely even make an appearance on SportsCenter anymore. Brilliant analysts like Jaworski, (to a smaller degree) Tom Jackson and (also to a smaller degree) Sterling Sharpe get drowned out by whatever loud-mouthed jackass they have as their hot dog element on the football broadcasts, whether it be Deion or Irvin.

And it seems like the network has taken a seriously deranged turn for sensationalism since ABC/Disney bought them out. Why bring in Rush Limbaugh, a political commentator who was apparently quite ignorant about sports (right as I felt he was about the McNabb situation), in as a sports broadcaster? They wanted that trainwreck to happen, there's no question in my mind. And it seems like they'd rather spend time talking about such earth-shattering events as the T.O. saga, the Kenny Rogers outburst, a female driver in Nascar, Brett Favre's dad, Jerome Bettis' parents, the Kobe Bryant rape fiasco, and other crap that nobody cares about as opposed to actual.. you know.. sports. Stephen A. Smith gets his own show??? He and Kobe Bryant on the same stage together??? Somebody freaking shoot me. And none of this even takes into account how hideous that futuristic stage they have as their SportsCenter setup is, and it also doesn't take into account how incredibly lame it is when they take ten seconds to fade into commercials because of some stupid SC graphic. And don't even get me STARTED on their "Ultimate Highlight," or how much I'd like my own ears to be blown off when they use that damned Coors Light "Twins" song for their weekly football highlights.

ESPN is garbage. It's been garbage. Thank God for NFL Network.
damn what the hell more do you want? its just a sports channel dedicated to showing sports just shut up and enjoy what you got

Tiki had two of them -- run vs. KC for a TD and 95-yard TD run vs. Oakland.

Can't anybody in the AFC West tackle?

Users who are viewing this thread