What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the Tie-Breaker Between the....Texans? (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
What is the tie-breaker to get Bridgewater?

Texans at 2-10.

Bucs, Jags, Falcons, and Redskins at 3-9.

Vikings all the way down at #6 with 3-8-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to let Tampa have the 1st pick - not only are they going to be 0-16, but they have the added handicap of having a complete idiot for a head coach and a front office that refuses to rid themselves a person who is not only a bad coach, but bad person.

Other than that, rock, paper scissors between the owners. (I'd say coaches, but Schiano would just play dirty).

Tiebreakers

• Strength of Schedule is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

Tiebreakers

1) smaller wang of each team's head coach

• Strength of Schedule is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage

I think Tampa's got it locked up.

I believe one of the FBG's tweeted it out this morning that in the event of a tie between the Jaguars and Bucs, right now, the Bucs would get the first pick based on the strength of schedule.

The Vikes are in the running for the first pick too, they just have 1 win and I doubt any team will go winless.

Having said that, the Bucs have an extremely tough schedule but I think they can get past the Rams, Bills or Phins.

The Jags have a good number of teams they can beat: ARI, TEN x 2, BUF, CLE, HOU x 2. Really almost their whole remaining schedule.

I believe one of the FBG's tweeted it out this morning that in the event of a tie between the Jaguars and Bucs, right now, the Bucs would get the first pick based on the strength of schedule.
yup it was me, spent a few minutes looking over the schedules and it appears that the Jags having the AFCW and the Bucs having the AFCN on their schedules may be the difference - the JAX schedule is tougher, so they would lose the tiebreaker

yup it was me, spent a few minutes looking over the schedules and it appears that the Jags having the AFCW and the Bucs having the AFCN on their schedules may be the difference - the JAX schedule is tougher, so they would lose the tiebreaker
Don't the Bucs have the AFCE & NFCW? (Still tougher for the Jags (AFCW & NFCW)... just fyi).

How does the Vikings SOS compare?

Edit: Off this site it shows:

Vikings - 50%

Bucs - 52%

Jags - 54%

It'll be too bad if Peterson's great game against the Steelers costs him Bridgewater.

Considering that the Jags have a historically bad point differential, I'll be surprised if they DO win a game.

Tampa, on the other hand, has enough talent that I could see them winning a couple of meaningless games if Schiano gets axed early.

Don't the Bucs have the AFCE & NFCW? (Still tougher for the Jags (AFCW & NFCW)... just fyi).
sorry you're right, AFCE. point is that having KC/DEN on their schedule could doom JAX in any strength schedule tiebreakers

The Vikes are in the running for the first pick too, they just have 1 win and I doubt any team will go winless.

Having said that, the Bucs have an extremely tough schedule but I think they can get past the Rams, Bills or Phins.

The Jags have a good number of teams they can beat: ARI, TEN x 2, BUF, CLE, HOU x 2. Really almost their whole remaining schedule.
If the game is in Arizona that is a for sure loss, the Titans are the same teams as years before both those games should be losses, Houston isn't as bad as their record and those should be losses. That leaves Cleveland and Buffalo. Cleveland is actually a good team when Weeden isn't the quarterback. Buffalo is bad and that could be the game.

I don't think either one will go 100% defeated;

TBB has MIA, ATL, BUF, StL to go...

JAX has TEN (x2), HOU (x2), ARZ, CLE, BUF...

Not saying they will be favored in any of these games, but it's the "NFL/Any Given Sunday" and they're both much more likely to get a win (or two) each, than not.

If both teams end up as 0-16, then Goodell should make them play a game with the winner securing the first overall pick.

Typical Jaguars. Only the inept Jacksonville franchise could go 0-16 and still not get first pick. Unreal.

I'm with JaxBill - I'd be very surprised if the Jags actually DID win a game. TB on the other hand...gotta figure they'll steal one somewhere.

Considering that the Jags have a historically bad point differential, I'll be surprised if they DO win a game.

Tampa, on the other hand, has enough talent that I could see them winning a couple of meaningless games if Schiano gets axed early.
Eight games in Jax is at -178 on the year. I had no idea it was so bad.

What is the record?

I would take any and all action that neither of these teams goes 0-16. There's a reason it's only happened once.

Those in here expecting the Jags to win a game...I have to think you guys haven't really watched them play too much this year. Sure it's possible they steal one, but I definitely think smart money would be on them going 0-16 despite the historical rarity of the ''defeated' season. The Jags have the perfect storm of limited-to-no-star power (?Blackmon?; MJD is a shell), a lame duck head coach in his first season, apathy from the fan base with swirling rumors of franchise relocation, and the worst starting QB(s) in the NFL.

They are quite possibly the worst team I've ever had the pleasure of rooting for. In any sport. In history. That says a lot considering I'm a Vols fan and Marlins fan as well.

The Jags wrote this letter to Goodell...

I met a lovely girl on the subway one day as I was going to a job interview. She asked me to go to her hotel with her and it was just too good to pass up. Instead of the great day I thought I would have she handcuffed me to the bed and robbed me. She took my only suit. So there I was handcuffed to the bed...in my underwear, where I remained until the hotel cleaning lady found me. Another girl I was very interested in was extremely attractive.. She was, also, in fact, a Nazi. I went to a beach house with some friends and my then girlfriend. My girlfriend and I were going to take our relationship to a physical level that weekend. I went swimming in the pool but the water that I had been swimming in was very cold. And, when I dropped the towel to change clothes, there was.. significant shrinkage. My friend's girlfriend walked in at the exact wrong time and she just laughed at me. That girl told my girlfriend about her perceived size of the appendage, but didn't explain shrinkage and my girlfriend just left the beach house and went home in the middle of the night! My father stole a marble rye from my fiance's parents' dinner party. I was trying to return it, but one thing led to another and I had to try and reel it up a second story window with a fishing pole. Well, they heard me and had been watching me attempt such a pathetic feat. So, there I was, with a marble rye hanging from the end of a fishing pole with nothing more than a sheepish grin on my face. In closing, these stories have not been embellished, because - they need no embellishment. They are simply, horrifyingly, the story of my life as a short, stocky, slow-witted bald man. Thank you. Oh, also...my fiance died from licking toxic envelopes that I picked out. Thanks again.

Premier said:
Looking at their respective schedules it looks like both will go 0-16.
Sweet call.
There's no excuse for any team losing to the Bucs or Jags. It took a pathetic rushing game by the Dolphins to lose to the Bucs and 3 fumbles and an INT for the Titans to lose to the Jags.

Premier said:
Sweet call.
There's no excuse for any team losing to the Bucs or Jags. It took a pathetic rushing game by the Dolphins to lose to the Bucs and 3 fumbles and an INT for the Titans to lose to the Jags.
Houston will probably build up a 20-0 lead on the Jaguars only to lose 30-29. Both games.

Edit: Make that 21-20. I got carried away saying the Texans could score 9 second half points.

Premier said:
Sweet call.
The Bucs have had the lead in the second half in like 6 games this year. They have a trio of all pro talented players on defense. They're not as bad as their record, although their coaching staff certainly is. I also love how it's the Dolphins fault only that they got 2 yards on the ground. Nothing to do with the Bucs D.

Btw, there's been 2 teams in the history of the NFL to go winless, so it's pretty dumb to think that would happen twice in the same year. Both teams are still full of pro players.

Users who are viewing this thread