What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the worst dynasty trade that you have accepted? (1 Viewer)

At start of 2014 I traded away Mike Wallace in my 12 team ppr 25 man roster league. It was conditional - if Wallace finished top 12 I got his 2015 1st round rookie pick, otherwise it was his 2015 2nd round rookie pick. The guy lost the 2014 championship so it turned out I traded Mike Wallace for his 2015 2.11 rookie pick. I had my own pick 2.10 already. So with back to back picks, I chose Devin Funchess with my 2.10 and used my Wallace 2.11 on Maxx Williams. Verdict is still out. I wish I had traded Wallace his last year with the Steelers. I drafted him his rookie year as a 4th round rookie pick. I sold a little late.

Eta: I initiated/ made the offer.
My best trade ever was 2011 giving up Mike Wallace and Michael Vick for BIG Ben and 4 1st rounders(They became Andrew Luck, Coby Fleener, Rueben Randle and Luke Kuechley. It was my 1st trade for a team I took over at the time

So his value once upon a time like Vick was huge,

You can get really nice value for a player like 3 1st rounders including 2 early ones and a 2nd for randy moss and regret it because your draft sucked

[SIZE=9pt]Raptors give 2005 1.3(Caddy Williams), 2005 1.8(Alex Smith), 2005 2.15(David Pollack), 2006 1.2(Lendale White). Fe05[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Ousters give Randy Moss [/SIZE]

FFPC tight end premium traded Gronk in the offseason after his rookie year for some picks that weren't even good enough to be able to remember. Oops.

Doesnt beat the guy who traded Brown and Bell for Gordon though. Wowzers that's the ultimate hindsight kick in the nads
Don't forget your trade of Dez for Ray Rice straight up

So many to choose from but my best are when you get called out for ripping off the other guy to the extent people in your league are threating to quit because your trade is so lopsided in your favor that in a year or two it completely blows up in your face and in some cases it only took 8 days.

In 2009 midseason I traded Charles and two 4th round picks for Boldin. The next day Larry Johnson was dumped and the next week Charles exploded for his first of many 100+ yard 1+ TD games that 2nd half of the season.

In 2013 I traded the 1.01 plus two 2nd round picks for Cruz and Vereen. Nah I didn't want Lacy or LeVeon Bell I got Cruz! Several league members threaten to quit the league with me getting Cruz.

In 2013 traded for Trent.....gave up Ryan Mathews, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Bullock and Powell (who I was offered a future 2nd for)...My 1st turned into pick 12 and the 2nd I could have got for Powell ended up pick 13. Beckham went pick 14 that draft.

Similar to the worst dynasty trade proposal you have received thread, however this is for trades that either you accepted or that you proposed and were accepted by the other party.

Hindsight is in play here.

I'll start:

Traded 1.15 and 2.12 for 1.5 in 2012. Seemed like thievery at the time. So cheap to be able to draft Blackmon! That one set me back.

Your turn!
If that is your worst then you must be the best trader in fantasy history. Who would you have taken at 15 and 24?
Someone not worth zilch. Hindsight in play bro!
In my league, those picks would have netted you Ronnie Hillman and Ramses Barden (I'm assuming from the "1.15" that this is a 16-teamer, so the 2.12 is the 28th pick overall). So not necessarily "someone not worth zilch".
I will concede that because I traded for picks I could have botched it anyway.

These picks netted k. Wright and devry Henderson in my league.

FFPC tight end premium traded Gronk in the offseason after his rookie year for some picks that weren't even good enough to be able to remember. Oops.

Doesnt beat the guy who traded Brown and Bell for Gordon though. Wowzers that's the ultimate hindsight kick in the nads
Don't forget your trade of Dez for Ray Rice straight up
eh, I ended up getting Demryius using Rice in a round about way after that

In 2008 week 7, I traded Deangelo Williams for Torry Holt. Williams went on to win the championship for the other owner and I was never able to start Torry Holt, not even for a single game. Holt ultimately retired on my bench, while williams went on to have a few great years asba starter for the other owner.

A lot here (12 team league) but since I make 12-15 a year there better be some stinkers, or no one is going to deal with me:

My two worst trades were (in order):

1. The worst has to be when I "went for it" and traded rookie Randall Cobb and a late 2nd round pick for Steve Smith who was hot and I was weak at WR. I lost in the championship game because I started the then fading Steve Smith over Reggie Wayne who had one of his only good games of the year (and was the reason I had to trade for Smith in the first place). Missed out on a fourpeat with that one. Ended up dumping Smith two years later in a salary cap dump package for a couple draft picks (a 3rd rounder and a 4th rounder).
  2. I gave Dwayne Allen who I had just drafted at 3.11, got a 3rd round pick the following year (2013). I'm guessing there was a combo of low expectations and not a lot of room on my roster that forced this deal, but still.
But here's the irony of those deals and why it makes sense to keep moving forward... I took the 2013 3rd pick from the Dwayne Allen trade and traded it for a 2014 2nd round pick. I then took that pick, added it with the 4th rounder from the Steve Smith deal AND my second round 2014 pick and traded it for a 2014 first rounder that I used to pick Odell Beckham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year there were tons of people saying that Le'Veon Bell was going to be a second year bust and how he couldn't possibly be a feature back. Then he got busted for smoking pot and there were talks of suspension. Because of that I shopped him fir a WR. Best offer I was able to get was Larry Fitzgerald. :(

I trade a lot so there have been some doozies, but the worst was giving up the 2013 1.2 for Fitzgerald (coming off a down 2012 with Skelton/Kolb and getting Palmer) and Housler. Figured Fitzgerald would bounce back (still only 29 at the time) and Housler would do something with all that god-given talent.

Users who are viewing this thread