What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which games will be effected by Weather (1 Viewer)

GoBirds

Footballguy
Which games are you monitoring/staying away from this weekend? What do you see as possible dilemmas?

I have to either roll with Rivers tomorrow in an unfavorable matchup or hope Cassel doesn't get rained on in Seattle.

Homers please chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaka said:
Is the stadium in Toronto for the Bills v Fins game a dome?
Good call, didn't think about that one. I believe its outside which makes me feel better about going with Lynch.

I have the exact same scenario and will be sitting Rivers in favor of Cassell, Rivers just has a poor history against the Raiders and Seattle is 32nd ranked pass D, everything tells me to go with Cassell my friend. Good Luck

hmm, here in IL we're suppose to have a gentle breeze and a warm sunny 75degrees for the weekend as usual for this time in December(sorry Global Warming dream). upper half of the state calling for high of 25-30 windy and sleet over the weekend. so chicago which is cold as #@% should be about 20degrees cooler with the windchill

Any Seattle homers know if we should expect rain Sunday? Want to go Cassel over Rivers but need to decided tonight.

Any Seattle homers know if we should expect rain Sunday? Want to go Cassel over Rivers but need to decided tonight.
I'd like to know as well ... on the vergeof picking-up the Sea D for this game. Yes, my other options are just as bad! :eek:

I'd like to know as well ... on the verge of picking-up the Sea D for this game. Yes, my other options are just as bad! :mellow:
Affectively speaking--I think the weather will effect the Seattle D as much as it will effect Cassell. They're at home though.

I've seen some comments from fantasy "experts" that pooh-pooh the weather's effect on lineup decisions, etc. But, after the Indy-CLE game this past weekend (as well as the game in BUF), you can't deny that weather played a very important part in the eventual outcome, not to mention the fantasy output of some of the players.

I've seen some comments from fantasy "experts" that pooh-pooh the weather's effect on lineup decisions, etc. But, after the Indy-CLE game this past weekend (as well as the game in BUF), you can't deny that weather played a very important part in the eventual outcome, not to mention the fantasy output of some of the players.
Sure didn't impact Brees though despite near-hurricane conditions.

Sure didn't impact Brees though despite near-hurricane conditions.
It's hit or miss and that's the tough part of it. It may not have affected Brees but it sure affected Bush. He rarely drops passes but he had all kinds of trouble in the rain. I also think the heavy rain impacted Favre (and by extension Cotchery and Coles) against the Broncos. I don't think Favre handled the poor weather very well at all.

also the Jets - Broncos games had really nasty rain/sleet/snow and it did not effect fantasy production at all.

The most damaging factor to the passing game is extreme wind... other than that I would start the player with the best matchup ... in this case Cassell

I'd like to know as well ... on the verge of picking-up the Sea D for this game. Yes, my other options are just as bad! :doh:
Affectively speaking--I think the weather will effect the Seattle D as much as it will effect Cassell. They're at home though.
40% chance of precip.Still a go?

Will the weather in Pitt this Sunday affect the passing game of either team? Heard it is supossed to be very windy and snowy.

Chaka said:
The stadium is a dome, they're hoping to keep the roof open but will close it if the weather is poorthe surface is also real fast, could be a great day for speedsters

Chaka said:
The stadium is a dome, they're hoping to keep the roof open but will close it if the weather is poorthe surface is also real fast, could be a great day for speedsters
I've got this feeling that Fred Jackson my have a good day. Not to mention Ricky William's homecoming! :unsure:

hmm, here in IL we're suppose to have a gentle breeze and a warm sunny 75degrees for the weekend as usual for this time in December(sorry Global Warming dream). upper half of the state calling for high of 25-30 windy and sleet over the weekend. so chicago which is cold as #@% should be about 20degrees cooler with the windchill
Thought Garrard would be a decent matchup in CHI...sounds risky now if it's 15 and windy.

Chaka said:
I've got this feeling that Fred Jackson my have a good day. Not to mention Ricky William's homecoming! :own3d:
Dare I start Losman over Romo?

Will the weather in Pitt this Sunday affect the passing game of either team? Heard it is supossed to be very windy and snowy.
Temps in the mid 20's. Light snow. A little windy - 15 mph gusting to 25. Will definitely make it feel even colder (wind chill in the single digits), but shouldn't have a huge impact on the passing game.

I've got this feeling that Fred Jackson my have a good day. Not to mention Ricky William's homecoming! :rolleyes:
Who's to say the Weather in Toronto will be any better than in Pittsburgh? Petition going to try & keep the roof open, so that the Bills retain their home-field-advantage by forcing Miami to play a cold-weather game.

I've got this feeling that Fred Jackson my have a good day. Not to mention Ricky William's homecoming! :towelwave:
Who's to say the Weather in Toronto will be any better than in Pittsburgh? Petition going to try & keep the roof open, so that the Bills retain their home-field-advantage by forcing Miami to play a cold-weather game.
Somehow I don't think the roof will be open. As of right now I have Romo in anyway.

Temps in the mid 20's. Light snow. A little windy - 15 mph gusting to 25. Will definitely make it feel even colder (wind chill in the single digits), but shouldn't have a huge impact on the passing game.
it looks pretty gusty and cold when they just showed Kara Henderson. I wouldn't start either kicker in that game, and Witten may become more attractive than TO...wonder if Romo will rely on him in the middle of the field? That run game could stall with Choice

Any Seattle homers have any update for game time weather? I know it is raining now according to some weather sites, but any info for gametime weather? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread