What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do we target? - David Nelson (1 Viewer)

'otb_lifer said:
6-84 in the first half ... then ZIPPO in the second ... nada, nil, nyet, a big avacado ... all during that furious comeback, and Jones was the one making hay out there. Those who saw the game ... was this a case of the Hoodie taking him away with a halftime adjustment? Did he get the "Gates" treatment?
:goodposting: I was wondering the same thing.

You'd have to assume it was an adjustment. He did get one target in the fourth quarter. But you can't discount the 6-84 either. If he was on pace for 12 catches and 170 yards, you'd have to think they started to worry about that.

Fbg is pretty high on him this week. Ive got other guys that i could plug in that people on this board are high on. What are your thoughts on the kind of production he will have today?

Fbg is pretty high on him this week. Ive got other guys that i could plug in that people on this board are high on. What are your thoughts on the kind of production he will have today?
He's been a Top 20 WR in many leagues. Last week's vanishing act in the second half was disconcerting but if you've been starting him I don't see any reason to sit him now.

I think he has a pretty solid floor in a PPR. Should be good at least for 5-6 catches and 60-70 yards.

I think he has a pretty solid floor in a PPR. Should be good at least for 5-6 catches and 60-70 yards.
PPR he is a solid add/start, no question. Very servicable WR2, for a WW snag. Standard scoring ... high end 3. Does not have the "oomph" or gamebreaking skills of a DMoore, or, to a lesser extent, Decker (just to revisit the WW darlings of 2 weeks ago). I view Nelson as a glorified TE.That being said, he is in the perfect offense for his talents.

... second half of Pats game, first half yesterday ... ZERO. That made 4 straight quarters without a catch. Alarming for sure.

More about the quality of the front seven for those two teams and less an indictment on Nelson, since his forte is working the underneath stuff. The Eagles don't really fit that criteria so I expect him to re-emerge this week. It does illustrate however that he isn't an every week start. You have to pay attention to the match-ups with this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread