What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do you trust the most for FBG Staff Insight (1 Viewer)

Who is your Go To FBG Staffer

• Bremel

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Pasquino

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Gray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodds

Votes: 75 34.9%
  • Bryant

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Tremblay

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bloom

Votes: 46 21.4%
  • Hester

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Magaw

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wood

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Henry

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Waldman

Votes: 29 13.5%
  • Stuart

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Wimer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Write in FBG Staffer

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

Jefferson the Caregiver

Rebel Without A Pause
Whether its TE Projections, IDP draft strategy, advice on your next girlfriend or perfect draft, you name the criteria, who is your go to football guy staffer?

I am sure I left some quality FBG staffer intelligence off my poll, I apologize in advance. I am sure the readers will let us know.

I pretty much only play in dynasty leagues. I think Chad Parsons does a pretty good job there with his rankings.

Where's Norton for IDP? I use him and Bramel in comparison/correction with my tiers and they both oftentimes steer me in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bramel/Norton for IDP

Bloom/Harstad/Borbely/Waldman for O

For me:

Tier 1: Dodds, Bloom, Stuart

Tier 2: Wood, Tremblay, Harstad

[Huge gap]

Everyone else

I don't really include Bryant, as it is unclear that he actually regularly contributes fantasy content; my impression is that he basically runs the business. Also, I had Bruce Hammond in Tier 1 for the brief time he was on staff. Hopefully he will still post his dynasty rankings in the Shark Pool when he has time.

Voted Dodds since I could only pick one.

For me:

[Huge gap]

Everyone else

I don't really include Bryant, as it is unclear that he actually regularly contributes fantasy content; my impression is that he basically runs the business. Also, I had Bruce Hammond in Tier 1 for the brief time he was on staff. Hopefully he will still post his dynasty rankings in the Shark Pool when he has time.

What happened to Hammond? He's top notch.

Predraft knowledge I trust Dodds exclusively. Completely ignore all others when preparing my draft cheat sheet. Trust Dodds.

But in-season, I flip the switch to Bloom on help for all decisions managing my team. The audible and in-season podcasts are money. Six championships in last 3 years over 7 leagues. I will continue with this formula.

Predraft knowledge I trust Dodds exclusively. Completely ignore all others when preparing my draft cheat sheet. Trust Dodds.

But in-season, I flip the switch to Bloom on help for all decisions managing my team. The audible and in-season podcasts are money. Six championships in last 3 years over 7 leagues. I will continue with this formula.
Are the cheatsheets in the paid section Dodds' rankings or averages of all the staff? Is there a way to print a cheatsheet of just Dodds' rankings?

For me:

[Huge gap]

Everyone else

What happened to Hammond? He's top notch.
Question seconded, he was an excellent addition to staff, with his dynasty focus. Especially since he didn't disappear from the forum.

Love them all - Bremel for IDP....harder to narrow down for offense...Dodds, Tremblay, hell I trust them all better than my own projections.

I voted other. Not sure where he went but Dowling was always level headed and had great insight.

Going to give a nod to MOP also. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. If people didn't hate him so much he would be staff by now.

Tefertiller and its not even close. I do like Jason Wood and the player spotlights, do like Rzrback and his rankings, like some of the odd beat stuff with technical stats that Pasquino does, but for unfiltered against the grain thought, Tefertiller all day, he's not afraid to step out there and make a bold choice.

He also wins a lot of dynasty as well as expert redraft leagues so there's also that. Sadly he doesn't post much in the SP anymore. His rankings are worth the price of admission IMO.

Not the one who has Demariyus Thomas ranked 1 spot below Adrian Peterson and Matt Forte below Josh Freeman.

Triple-H for me - Hammond, Harstad and Henry.

Least trustworthy - Wimer, aka Mr. Pre-Conceived Notion.

No offense to his fans, but I'm not a fan of Waldman either - he's a classic tries too hard guy.

No offense to his fans, but I'm not a fan of Waldman either - he's a classic tries too hard guy.
Would love to see Waldman's WAR stats. Writes gazillions of pages but his rankings can't be any better than a garden variety Yahoo analyst, if not worse. This year in particular with Wilson QB1, Kelce > Eifert, Franklin and Ware over Michaels, Hopkins WR5...just abysmal.

Would love to see Waldman's WAR stats. Writes gazillions of pages but his rankings can't be any better than a garden variety Yahoo analyst, if not worse. This year in particular with Wilson QB1, Kelce > Eifert, Franklin and Ware over Michaels, Hopkins WR5...just abysmal.
Waldman almost lapped the expert field last year in QB draft accuracy so i wouldn't be too dismissive. :no:

Glaring omission: Aaron Rudnicki. Best IDP guy on the planet, IMO. Compare and contrast his IDP Upgrade/Downgrade to the Offensive ones. The offensive U/D are almost robotic, with very little deviation in verbiage. I quit reading them years ago. Rudnicki's prose is refreshing and insightful. He should be leading this thing.

Waldman almost lapped the expert field last year in QB draft accuracy so i wouldn't be too dismissive. :no:
Based on him nailing Russell Wilson. Everything else was pretty on par, IIRC. Otherwise, prepare to overdraft Ryan Lindley, Bilal Powell, Russell Wilson, Franklin, Kelce, Patterson, etc. based on his analyses.

Plus, his Barry White voice is dreamy!

I wouldn't go as far to say that I trust him but Wimer deserves props for being one of the only experts on the internet who doesn't have virtually identical rankings as everyone else. Going from site to site to site, aside from a few minor tweaks it's like they all basically have the same list. Wimer loves to rate the wr's and te's high and even though I don't agree a lot of the time at least he just isn't moving a few people up a slot here and there from the master list that everyone else seems to work off.

I voted other. Not sure where he went but Dowling was always level headed and had great insight.

Going to give a nod to MOP also. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. If people didn't hate him so much he would be staff by now.
Thanks, I appreciate it. After a wonderful 10 year run I am no longer on staff but still post often.

Dodds is the guy who has most consistently been near the top of the accuracy ratings, so I picked him.

Although when I look at rankings, I usually look at an average of several staff members rather than just picking one.

Honorable mention write-in for Adam Harstad. When I disagree with the consensus view on a player in dynasty, it seems like Harstad is the one who I'm most likely to see holding an opinion in the same direction (although some of that may just be that he's so active on the forums that I see more of his opinions than the other staffers').

Tefertiller and its not even close. I do like Jason Wood and the player spotlights, do like Rzrback and his rankings, like some of the odd beat stuff with technical stats that Pasquino does, but for unfiltered against the grain thought, Tefertiller all day, he's not afraid to step out there and make a bold choice.

He also wins a lot of dynasty as well as expert redraft leagues so there's also that. Sadly he doesn't post much in the SP anymore. His rankings are worth the price of admission IMO.
He is so against the grain I actually filter him out of the rankings a lot to see what the mainstream group-think is for my sell/buy analysis. Does that make him good or bad?

Ariakis said:
Ministry of Pain said:

He is so against the grain I actually filter him out of the rankings a lot to see what the mainstream group-think is for my sell/buy analysis. Does that make him good or bad?
I like writers who are not afraid to take a stand. Jason Whitlock for example rubs a lot of people the wrong way myself included at times yet I can't stop reading him. JT has a system and it usually involves not gambling too much early on but when he does decide to pull the trigger and reach or take a guy with question marks, it usually is for a guy who has the ability to win a league if he hits, and he usually does it at points in the draft where if it doesn't hit, no big deal because you have a solid foundation. That formula which is not unique, serves him well and I think makes for a good trusted opinion and rankings. He buys the meat vs the sizzle, and I appreciate that. I think that's why his rankings are different than many others.

I'm not going to pick favorites, but it's criminal how little love Bob Henry has gotten so far in this thread. The guy's like the silent assassin of FBGs- totally invisible despite the fact that he just keeps killing it year after year.

All of them.

No one is perfect. There is no formula, no all being, all seeing way to win.

But, when you have many well reasoned, thoughtful voices and you mix them up in your own mind, you are well informed and ready to win.

Advice is advice. The advice here is good.

Peace

I'm not going to pick favorites, but it's criminal how little love Bob Henry has gotten so far in this thread. The guy's like the silent assassin of FBGs- totally invisible despite the fact that he just keeps killing it year after year.
I think he gets respect, but unfortunately this poll only allows for one vote. I wish it could be "your top 3 guys" or something like that - Dodds and Henry kill it year after year. I hated this poll because we could only vote for one. Since I'm an IDP guy I had to use mine on an IDP staff member. For offense I would have gone Dodds or Henry.

So really, when people talk about trust, they're really talking about self-affirmation of opinions...

Harstad is my favourite as a mostly dynasty focussed player, with Waldman always being interesting.

Can't say I use the rankings much at all, which limits their value.

Users who are viewing this thread