What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who here in the shark pool visit the AC forum? (1 Viewer)

Do you post advise in the AC forum?

• yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no.

• no, but I promise to do so more often now that I have been shamed into it.

• Total voters

Lott's Fingertip

Footballguy
I've seen a few guys I know from here in the AC forum, but mostly newbie types.

I once planned to spend more time there, but haven't really done so.

What about you folks?

I got a ACF gift card in my stocking this past Christmas and I used it yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I like to sift through there and look for what the recent trade hype is like there. Then I answer a few interesting questions if I have time.

Bee has a great thread there where he discusses strategy topics inbetween answering peoples questions.

I applaud anyone who makes an effort to go over there, but I also subscribe to the axiom that the most boring thing in the world is someone else's fantasy team.

I try to make it over there for a little bit every day. If no question is asked of me specifically, I usually post in the threads where few others have posted and identify threads where I think I can help. But, I applaud those that are in the ACF every day helping others out. Not every poster (out of the 25k+) at fbg has the same knowledge or experience level.

I applaud anyone who makes an effort to go over there, but I also subscribe to the axiom that the most boring thing in the world is someone else's fantasy team.
the only thing more boring than someone else's fantasy team is having to see it in someone's sig line. And no, I don't visit the AC forum.

I've seen a few guys I know from here in the AC forum, but mostly newbie types. I once planned to spend more time there, but haven't really done so.What about you folks?
I’m afraid the information I provide in there may get into the wrong hands. I’m by no means an expert but I did stay next to a Holiday Inn last year. :D

I do on occasion. If I post a question there though, I answer basically every single question on the 1st page as my way of "giving back".

During the regular season I belong to another ff site but during the offseason FBG is where I call home and since I have no life I pretty much answer questions everyday. Lord knows I needed advice to help me get this far as an ff player so I try to help out as much as I can

Until a year ago, I spent a decent amount of time helping out in the ACF, plus I went to the Mock Drafts forum in addition to the standard forums.

With a new job, I don't surf at work, and my FBF time has been pinched. Now I just go to the IDP forum, here, and occasionally the FFA or Test Forum.

If I ever get more time (unlikely), I'd go back to the ACF during the offseason.

If I start a thread in the ACF asking for advice, I'll always answer about 5-10 questions + help out the ones who have posted in my thread.

As a public service, I avoid the place. See sig for details.
we appreciate your service.I visit every so often, post when I do. But I tend to avoid threads where more than 5 people have posted already.

I pop in there once in a great while... usually to provide advice on trades, starting lineups etc. I don't know how helpful I am, but I try to lend a hand to my FF brethren in their hour of need, from time to time anyway.

On rare occasion I'll post a question myself... sometimes its nice to hear the thoughts of others on your current FF situation.

One bad thing about the ACF is that if I did want advice, I'm usually getting it from some newbie that just posted their opinion and "Please see mine". Isn't this the blind leading the blind in most cases? Having said that, I think the most important aspect of the ACF is to prevent stupid trades because we have blinders on. Those WDIS threads are worthless.

Isn't this the blind leading the blind in most cases? .
IMO it's sometimes easier to objectively analysis someone's elses team and tell him want to do than it to analysis your own team. We're all human and let things like homerism or our personal feelings cloud how we evaluate a potential trade when ppl who don't feel the same way you do can cleary see you need to accept or reject a deal. Also don't forget about things like overcoaching. Personally I think it's a bit foolish and arrogant to think of yourself as knowing so much about ff that you don't need to bounce ideas off of other ff owners. A few weeks ago the person who who won my dynasty league last season and who generally makes good trades gave up travis henry and ben watson for braylon edwards and mcmike after telling all of us in the league how he would only give up henry for an "excellent" wr. I'm not saying that owner got cocky and thought he was above asking for advice but he should have gotten some feedback from someone before proposing that deal.

Users who are viewing this thread