What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WHO IS CRYING MORE ABOUT THIS SUPER BOWL? (1 Viewer)

Plain and simple,who are the biggest cry babies?

• Seattle Fans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh Haters

• Fans of Every Other NFL Team

• Jerome's Mom

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of either team.

Was in Vegas for the game and bet Pitt -4.

The Seahawks really did get screwed.

If you vote "Seattle Fans" you had better back that up with multiple links. I think all five of us have handled the situation well.

If you vote "Seattle Fans" you had better back that up with multiple links. I think all five of us have handled the situation well.
Actually, I think you banned two of them, so that would only leave three.I'm kinda glad that this draws attention away from people complaining that Patriot fans are whiny tools.

Pitt is not a team that is hated by most NFL fans.

General fans of neither team just wanted to see a good fair game, and they weren't given that.

I could have cared less who won, but that game was a joke and an embarrasment for the NFL.

Pitt may very well have won on an even playing field, I don't think the refs necessarily decided the game, but they were more a part of it then they should have been.

How come there's no option for "Pittsburgh Fans" :confused:

I'm not suggesting it would, or should, win but I think I've seen more Steeler fans whining about their championship being questioned then I've seen Seahawk fans whining about anything.

I'm not suggesting it would, or should, win but I think I've seen more Steeler fans whining about their championship being questioned then I've seen Seahawk fans whining about anything.
Some has questioned the Steeler's championship? On what basis? :confused:

Don't the Seattle Fans have a right to cry...many agree that the officiating was awful and might have cost them the game. I am not saying this about the Seattle Fans on this board, but about Seattle Fans in general. Officiating is an aweful way to lose a game. The Pats had a few bad calls in the Broncos game, but it was the Patriots turning the ball over that really done them in. Seattle won in all of the categories, except the final score. That would be hard to take.Supplied Link

I am not a fan of either team, and more importantly, I don't hate either team more than the other.

That being said, there is no doubt that the officiating in this game was horrible. It's appropro since the officiating in the NFL this year, overall, was not good. I don't think the refs caused the Seahawks the game, but they were still terrible and gave Pitt more chances than they should have had.

No matter how you slice it, the Raiders got screwed. :conspiracy:

I am not a fan of either team, and more importantly, I don't hate either team more than the other.

That being said, there is no doubt that the officiating in this game was horrible. It's appropro since the officiating in the NFL this year, overall, was not good. I don't think the refs caused the Seahawks the game, but they were still terrible and gave Pitt more chances than they should have had.

No matter how you slice it, the Raiders got screwed. :conspiracy:
Not this year! except maybe by Moss! :D

Actually, I think you banned two of them, so that would only leave three.I'm kinda glad that this draws attention away from people complaining that Patriot fans are whiny tools.
:thumbup: Thank you David.

Some has questioned the Steeler's championship? On what basis?

:confused:
Ummm....on the basis of "bad officiating".I'm not questioning it, but there certainly are some that are. All the asterik talk and that other nonsense.

I've seen more Steeler fans come off as whiney defending their team then I've seen Seahawk fans come off as whiney defending theirs. I'm not saying there are NO whining Seattle fans but if you're gonna have a poll about who's crying more I think "Steeler Fans" would come in a solid 3rd and have a decent chance at 2nd place.

BTW, the "Pittsburgh Haters" choice getting 47% is just awesome. I mean...how full of yourself -and your team- do you have to be to believe that HALF the people on this board have ANY opinion about you and your team?

Hate to break it to you Steeler fans but most people don't hate your team. Most people don't give a rat's ### about your team. Nearly 80% of respondents to the new ESPN poll say the officiating was bad. Are half them simply to be discounted as "Steeler Haters"? Do you really think that 40% of the people who responded actually hate your team? Egocentricity to the max.....

BTW, the "Pittsburgh Haters" choice getting 47% is just awesome. I mean...how full of yourself -and your team- do you have to be to believe that HALF the people on this board have ANY opinion about you and your team?
:bag: I saw "Seahawk fans" and then read "Pittsburgh...." and instinctively picked the "Pittsburgh hater" option thinking it was Pittsburgh fans.

How come there's no option for "Pittsburgh Fans"  :confused:
:goodposting: These are the guys who keep crying "the Steelers won the game, not the referees!"
:lmao: How is this whining?

Whining is what you do when you complain incessantly about the referees. Defending your team is what you do when everyone seems bent on insisting a hard-earned championship was somehow handed to you.

How about an option for "Rationalizing Pittsburgh Fans". Getting tired of hearing why they were not given the game, how they earned it. There were some very bad calls, accept it. I don't hate either team, disappointed in the refs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about an option for "Rationalizing Pittsburgh Fans". Getting tired of hearing why they were not given the game, how they earned it. There were some very bad calls, accept it. I don't hate either team, disappointed in the refs though.
Good teams overcome bad calls all the time. The Superbowl wasn't even the worst officiated game of the playoffs. So why are so many people coddling the Seahawks on this board?

How about an option for "Rationalizing Pittsburgh Fans".  Getting tired of hearing why they were not given the game, how they earned it.  There were some very bad calls, accept it.  I don't hate either team, disappointed in the refs though.
Good teams overcome bad calls all the time. The Superbowl wasn't even the worst officiated game of the playoffs. So why are so many people coddling the Seahawks on this board?
Seattle was good enough to win the game, but not good enough to overcome the bad officiating. Pitt did overcome even worse officiating against Indy. Not sure they would have won against the hawks without the officials help though. Somebody has to come to the aid of Seattle, I don't think they have enough actual fans to do it themselves.

Some has questioned the Steeler's championship?  On what basis?

:confused:
Ummm....on the basis of "bad officiating".I'm not questioning it, but there certainly are some that are. All the asterik talk and that other nonsense.

I've seen more Steeler fans come off as whiney defending their team then I've seen Seahawk fans come off as whiney defending theirs. I'm not saying there are NO whining Seattle fans but if you're gonna have a poll about who's crying more I think "Steeler Fans" would come in a solid 3rd and have a decent chance at 2nd place.
Seriously? Wow, that's amazing. I've not heard anything about an "asterik" either.

Bad officiating? There are always a few calls during a game that could go either way. Why was this an issue for Super Bowl XL?

Or are you pulling my leg? People are really complaining about this?

How is this whining?

Whining is what you do when you complain incessantly about the referees. Defending your team is what you do when everyone seems bent on insisting a hard-earned championship was somehow handed to you.
Maybe next time, people won't be so quick to call another teams' fans "whiney". Sounds an awful lot like the plight of Patriot fans on these boards the past 5 years.Like I said in another thread, it astonishes me that defending your SB championship when instigated is considered whining, but making excuses gets applauded while flames get further fanned, by posters and FBG staff alike.

Congratulations Steelers fans from a died-in-the-wool Pats fan. You have earned your Lombardi fair and square. All other fans of other teams are simply jealous right now.

How is this whining?

Whining is what you do when you complain incessantly about the referees.  Defending your team is what you do when everyone seems bent on insisting a hard-earned championship was somehow handed to you.
Maybe next time, people won't be so quick to call another teams' fans "whiney". Sounds an awful lot like the plight of Patriot fans on these boards the past 5 years.Like I said in another thread, it astonishes me that defending your SB championship when instigated is considered whining, but making excuses gets applauded while flames get further fanned, by posters and FBG staff alike.

Congratulations Steelers fans from a died-in-the-wool Pats fan. You have earned your Lombardi fair and square. All other fans of other teams are simply jealous right now.
Thanks, man. And for the record, I never called the Pats fans whiny. Smug sometimes (and only some of them at that) - yes, but you guys EARNED that right.I can tell you, I sure know how you felt after the "tuck rule" game, though..... :eek:

How is this whining?

Whining is what you do when you complain incessantly about the referees.  Defending your team is what you do when everyone seems bent on insisting a hard-earned championship was somehow handed to you.

Thanks, man. And for the record, I never called the Pats fans whiny. Smug sometimes (and only some of them at that) - yes, but you guys EARNED that right.I can tell you, I sure know how you felt after the "tuck rule" game, though..... :eek:
I know you didn't Evil, you're a pretty stand-up Steelers fan.Sad thing is, we're STILL hearing about the tuck rule game.

:goodposting: That option would win in a landslide. I've never heard so much whining from a winning team's fans in my life.

Hi,

One of the few Seahawk fans here. Sorry I'm late. I just got home from work.

I love (manly of course) my fellow Seahawk fans. The game was disappointing and a few questions remained afterwards, but I believe that all five of us have acted as true sportsmen. We have had SOME Steeler fans label us as poor losers but I have yet to notice any Seahawk fan take a personal shot at Pittsburgh. Now we have people voting that we are whinners? I have attempted to ask posters to name the Seahawk fans who have complained. They ignore my requests, so I assume they are speaking out of general frustration.

If anyone can find a cheap shot that I've taken I would enjoying reading it, and would own up to being wrong.

Although many have been brutal in their attacks, I don't understand why Pittsbugh fans are wasting time getting involved in these rants when they should be celebrating a Championship!

If you want this question truely answered simply add up the negitive posts made in the last couple of days and serarate them as; 1)Seahawk fans, 2) Pittsburgh fans, 3) Pittsburgh haters, and 4) Football fans in general. I don't want to sound cocky, but I believe that #1 would have the fewest responses.

Yesterday, Pittsburgh fans started a thread asking for Congratulations ............ many Seahawk fans gave it. Please quit taking shots at us! It's just bad Karma.

Hi,

One of the few Seahawk fans here. Sorry I'm late. I just got home from work.

I love (manly of course) my fellow Seahawk fans. The game was disappointing and a few questions remained afterwards, but I believe that all five of us have acted as true sportsmen. We have had SOME Steeler fans label us as poor losers but I have yet to notice any Seahawk fan take a personal shot at Pittsburgh. Now we have people voting that we are whinners? I have attempted to ask posters to name the Seahawk fans who have complained. They ignore my requests, so I assume they are speaking out of general frustration.

If anyone can find a cheap shot that I've taken I would enjoying reading it, and would own up to being wrong.

Although many have been brutal in their attacks, I don't understand why Pittsbugh fans are wasting time getting involved in these rants when they should be celebrating a Championship!

If you want this question truely answered simply add up the negitive posts made in the last couple of days and serarate them as; 1)Seahawk fans, 2) Pittsburgh fans, 3) Pittsburgh haters, and 4) Football fans in general. I don't want to sound cocky, but I believe that #1 would have the fewest responses.

Yesterday, Pittsburgh fans started a thread asking for Congratulations ............ many Seahawk fans gave it. Please quit taking shots at us! It's just bad Karma.
:goodposting:

I'm a Hawk fan, and this is my first post since the game ended.

I thought the officiating was noticably lopsided, but that being said, Seattle played poorly enough to lose anyway. The Steelers did not play a very good game either, but they made a couple of big plays that Seattle could not make (or that were nullified by penalties--phantom or real) and that was the difference in the game.

Certainly not asterisk-worthy----that's ridiculous.

:goodposting: That option would win in a landslide. I've never heard so much whining from a winning team's fans in my life.

I don't get it. Whining implies you're dissatisfied. I'm veeeery satisfied the Steelers won. I think all Steeler fans are. The "Haters" aren't. Therefore, they are whining. I think the term you want for Steeler fans is "annoyed". Annoyed with all the whining little Haters who can't give credit where credit is due.

:lmao:

I'm a Hawk fan, and this is my first post since the game ended.

I thought the officiating was noticably lopsided, but that being said, Seattle played poorly enough to lose anyway. The Steelers did not play a very good game either, but they made a couple of big plays that Seattle could not make (or that were nullified by penalties--phantom or real) and that was the difference in the game.

Certainly not asterisk-worthy----that's ridiculous.
:goodposting: :thumbup: good post

I don't get it. Whining implies you're dissatisfied. I'm veeeery satisfied the Steelers won. I think all Steeler fans are. The "Haters" aren't. Therefore, they are whining. I think the term you want for Steeler fans is "annoyed". Annoyed with all the whining little Haters who can't give credit where credit is due.
^l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

example of Steeler fan whining :lmao:

^l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

^l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

example of a weak reply

^l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

^l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

example of a weak reply
:clyde:

^l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

^l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

example of a weak reply
Wow. No class whatsoever. I would wish for something extremely unfortunate to happen to you, but I'm better than that.

I hope not to disappoint my Seahawk brethern in this message. You guys are great, but some truths are becoming obvious. 1)The Steelers won and deserved to win, they have a great team. 2) Steeler fans that I know personally are good people who are appropriately enjoying the championship. 3) Most Steeler fans on this board are articulate and sincere. 4) Many people have been unexcusably critical of how Pittsburgh won. 5) SOME STEELER FANS ON THIS BOARD ARE BEING ABSOLUTE D**KS!

I'm fairly new here. Have those few individuals always been like that or are they simply being defensive of the attacks?

I hope not to disappoint my Seahawk brethern in this message. You guys are great, but some truths are becoming obvious. 1)The Steelers won and deserved to win, they have a great team. 2) Steeler fans that I know personally are good people who are appropriately enjoying the championship. 3) Most Steeler fans on this board are articulate and sincere. 4) Many people have been unexcusably critical of how Pittsburgh won. 5) SOME STEELER FANS ON THIS BOARD ARE BEING ABSOLUTE D**KS!

I'm fairly new here. Have those few individuals always been like that or are they simply being defensive of the attacks?
Yes, you've been very gracious. As has Shick! and a few others. There has been a snide comment or 2 from one Seahawk fan here, but nothing too bad. Most of the crap has been from Steeler haters and ##### on fishing trips. Sorry if there've been Steeler fans that have been ##### as well. I hope it's not representative of the Steeler faithful as a whole.

Apparently there are at least 28 people who have visited this thread that has his same level of maturity. I thought it was a much smaller sample of Seahawk haters.

I must conclude that we are jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread