What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is respected in the FF Community? (1 Viewer)

Rounders

Footballguy
As I was reading a FF article on CBS (I know, I know), it got me thinking, in the FF Community who are the standouts? Who are the people that you respect? The guys that you love the knowledge and insight?

Obvisiouly Bryant & Dodds are on the list, but who else? Who do you respect? It could be anyone.

For me,my #1 guy is Bob Henry. His additions to this website have been great. Every week I read all of his columns (favorite is offensive sleepers) and his insight is great.

A close 2nd is Doug Drinen, his work with stats is truly one of the most helpful projects ever done in FF.

Let's hear who you guys got. I thought it would be fun to see who is at the top of the FF world.

Summary of posts:

Experts

Kirk Bouyelas

David Grey

John Troan

Hansen-fantasyguru.com

KFFL Boys

Bob Harris

Emil Kadlec

Terry Cannon

Greg Kellogg

Matt Waldman

Tony Holm

Ian Allan

Steve Cohen

Jay Glazer

Adam Caplan

David (M) Dorey

Oscar Knight

Erik Karabell

Dorey and Walters (Huddle)

Nick Bakay (right place for him???)

Wade Iuele

Shawn Culcasi

Kirk Bouyelas

Robin Goldstein

Bryan Douglass

Mark Bond

Bob Scheckman

Dave Stagg

Brian Hulett

Ryan Houston

Tony Holm

John Georgopoulos

Sam Caplan

Fanball.com - Paul Charchian, Rob Pythion and John Habermeier.

Mike McGregor

Mark Wimer

Komments

Kathy Fazio

Jim Lenz

KFFL team of Ryan Bonini and William Del Pillar

Steve Waldron

John Hansen

Mike Hall

Greg Alan

FBG Message Board Posters

LHUCKS

WheelHouse

Bloom

Smoo

Jurb

Kid AVT

Otis (self proclaimed)

Evilgrin72

Joe T

Cakeboy

domer

zippy

Keys Myaths

bostonfred

Bagger

Kid C

Maurile

Red Raiders

Melvin T Scupper

Jplvr

cof

EBF

mrharrier

bfred

BassNBrew

Gatorman

diesel7892

joffer

cobalt

Tiger Fan

Wilked

Couch Potato

Ravnzfan

Tick

BostonFredwhowantstobeaCowboy (???)

Sandbagger

family matters

placeholder_585

FBG Staff

Joe Bryant

David Dodds

Jason Wood

Bob Henry

Doug Drinen

Aaron Rudnicki

Bruce Henderson

David Yudkin

Colin Dowling

Mike Herman

John Norton

Chris Smith

Marc Levin

Chase Stuart

Mike Anderson

Bob Magaw

Cecil Lammey

Ken Maxwell

Last edited by a moderator:
As I was reading a FF article on CBS (I know, I know), it got me thinking, in the FF Community who are the standouts? Who are the people that you respect? The guys that you love the knowledge and insight?

Obvisiouly Bryant & Dodds are on the list, but who else? Who do you respect? It could be anyone.

For me,my #1 guy is Bob Henry. His additions to this website have been great. Every week I read all of his columns (favorite is offensive sleepers) and his insight is great.

A close 2nd is Doug Drinen, his work with stats is truly one of the most helpful projects ever done in FF.

Let's hear who you guys got. I thought it would be fun to see who is at the top of the FF world.
in before the Z comment

Where is this list you speak of?I cannot stand Gil Brandt. Terrible, terrible "insider."

Mike Herman. He has the guts to cover PKs and do it really well when all he gets in return is ridicule for the most part.

Bob Harris. For a lot of years Bob was alone in the "business" of fantasy football. He was (and in some ways still is) the measuring device by which we all grade ourselves.

For me,my #1 guy is Bob Henry.
Bob has brought a lot of independent thinking to the table, you can see it in his rankings and reasoning...excellent addition. :thumbup:

Mike Herman. He has the guts to cover PKs and do it really well when all he gets in return is ridicule for the most part.
:goodposting: And the thing is...he's got great methodology that I've (and others) learned a lot from in the past few years.

I think his weekly column could contribute 3-4 points (on average) a week to most fantasy teams if used correctly. That's huge.

Terry Cannon.

http://www.youthfantasyfootball.com/

We're gonna miss him. Terry informed the members of the Halas League (part of the old RSFF leagues) that he will be leaving the hobby for family and personal reasons. Not too many people in this faceless hobby that have conducted themselves with as much class and dignity.

Tony Holm (The prognosticator).I had a run in with Tony a few years back when a staff member of his made a dubious second round selection, but it can't be denied that Tony is a legend in the business.

Terry Cannon.

We're gonna miss him. Terry informed the members of the Halas League (part of the old RSFF leagues) that he will be leaving the hobby for family and personal reasons. Not too many people in this faceless hobby that have conducted themselves with as much class and dignity.
Nice post Shick. You're right, he will be missed. I don't know who we get to replace him but I hope he's half the guy TC is. If so he'll be great.

Ian Allan & Emil KadlecThere's no denying who set the standards for fantasy rags. Each has made a major contribution to the hobby.

So what do you guys think about this Joe Bryant guy? Personally, I think he's a flash in the pan.

Gotta give credit where it's due ...Despite my bitter hatred of his favorite team, I like what Jason Wood brings to the table.

Shick is doing a nice job with his nominations...Greg Kellogg [another former colleague] is another legend worth respecting.

There are several people who always put forth quality opinions and knowledge. When it comes to dynasty players - BLOOM is always on top of things. As is Colin Dowling and his mock draft reports, etc. But can you imagine this site without the insight of Jason Wood?? For his player opinions sections and coaches knowledge alone, the guy deserves MAJOR props! :graduate: :soap::donekissingbutt:

GB the shick brown-noser thread :X ;) Some good nominees though. I'd add David (M) Dorey.....but probably put Greg K at the top of the list. Extremely knowledgeable but almost too humble for his own good. Although that is refreshing as hell, frankly; some of the snotty attitudes I've seen from some of the better-known people have been more than a little annoying (although also funny, in an absurd kinda way).

i'm going to give some props to oscar knight. many of us have dynasty teams over in zealots field and he is the man who started itreg deserves a mention here as well

in addition to a lot of great nominations, im going to add bob magaw to the list - I dont think anyone else in the FF community gives quite as picturesque and enthusiastic analysis as bob. i also love his disdain for capital letters.

Although relatively young on the fantasy horizon, I'll give some props to Erik Karabell. He has good thoughts and has brought some semblance of intelligence to ESPN's version of fantasy football (who isn't tired of seeing "I think Steve Smith will do well this week").Scott Engel is not bad either, but his depth is, well, a tad shallow.For total coverage though, this group is pretty much the be all end all right here.

I'm going to throw a nomination in for Bruce Henderson.

No Bruce, no fancy apps that put this site over the top.
Bruce of course since DD is a great app. There are many people I respect but I think Drinen and Yudkin do a lot of great analysis.

Names I have not seen yet that deserve some props are Yuds and Jurb.Yuds is famous for throwing out great statistics. Not much of a debater but adds a lot to a discussion and to this forum. I also like what Jurb brings to the table as well, he consistently is posting on various topics and has a lot of good insight in a discussion.In reality, there is many posters on here that I enjoy hearing from and like reading what they have to say. In fact, the offseason is definitely a low time in FF, but this message board keeps the pulse somewhat alive until the new season begins.

Shick is doing a nice job with his nominations...Greg Kellogg [another former colleague] is another legend worth respecting.
:bag: Oh man. I'm an idiot. I should have put Greg high on that list as well. I finally had the honor of meeting him last year at the WCOFF. That's the trouble with this sort of thing. You always end up looking like a moron because of the guys you failed to list.

Both Dorey and Walters deserve a mention as well for their work at the Huddle.

Terry Cannon.

I did not know this. Been so busy with the new baby we haven't been in touch much this year. That really stinks, he's a gem

Emil Kadlec
I played with him in FFWebmasters. Besides the usual stuff you guys would probably expect like Shick mentioned with mags and all....he is a quiet clever almost sneaky drafter that's just an especially sharp FF guy. I have little doubt that you guys wouldn't have also been thoroughly impressed with him

Users who are viewing this thread