What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's the Most Famous Person from your High School and why don't I know who he or she is? (1 Viewer)

nope, nope and nope.  She lived a few houses down from the 7-11 in Mill Valley.  We visited there last month and stayed in a ABB not far from the school.
Tam Valley 7/11 or Mill Valley? she still might know him, or more likely vice-versa since she was a year older. not that big a school.

I used to say Gil Gerard, Buck Rogers, but he's so far removed from the limelight it might be Stephen Jones now and if not now will be when soon.

Highland Park HS - Dallas, TX.  

Angie Harmon was a year above me.  She was in my study hall class.  I didn't get a lot of studying done.  And as beautiful as she is, she's one of the nicest people on this planet.  

Much younger than me, but Clayton Kershaw and Matt Stafford were best of buddies.  Can you imagine having to bat against those two guys?  Kershaw is obviously the better pitcher, but legend is that Stafford could throw more gas.  

PGA stud Scottie Scheffler was an HP kid.  Before him, the school churned out the Kuehne family of golfers.  Trip was in my class.  He was a great QB but quit football to focus on golf.  His sister Kelli was probably the best golfer in that family.  Harrison Frazer was also an HP grad.  He won a couple of tournaments and I was friends with his wife Allison who was drop dead gorgeous. 

We had a few Olympic gold medalist swimmers.  I trained with one of them when he was home from UT for winter break.  He KICKED a 50 yard freestyle in like 22 seconds.  I think he might have the UT record for the 50.  Shaun Jordan.  Mike Heath also swam there and was a gold medalist.

Way before my time, but Doak Walker, Bobby Layne (not ours), Jayne Mansfield....and the guy who tried to  assassinate Reagan.

We got a Twinsburg Tiger in the house...  I am very familiar with Zoltan Mesko as one who coached against him throughout his HS career.  

From my high school, I guess the most famous would be Mike Vrabel.
Yessir! Who did you coach for? (Please don’t say Solon. Hate those pricks)

We have 2 HS in our district. Nobody notable went to my HS, but I just did a search and ESPN's Linda Cohn went to the other HS. My kids go there now so I guess I'll adopt it as mine. lol 

this guy grew up across the street from me but didn't go to our high school. I use to beat him up as a kid, I guess he got the better of me. lol 

los alamitos class of 93 so it’s a toss up but I think Pedro Pascal takes it these days ahead of monique powell (save ferris), Nikki Monninger (silversun pickups), brooks wackerman (drummer), taryn manning and Dante Basco. however if i go beyond the years i was there i would say Pedro still beats out JT Snow, Rob Nen, Joe Escalante, numerous nfl players. the current qb is up there though, he committed to USC recently and is a projected to be an nfl qb, Malachi Nelson

My high school is relatively young (my hometown expanded from 1 high school to 3 in the mid-90s) so there isn’t much history. I’d have to go with Shannon Miller or Daryl Dike. 

Literally nobody.  When I look at Wikipedia, it only lists Galen Cisco.  I only know who he is because his son was in my class.

oh yeah, Kevin Harlan

totally forgot the guy went to my HS

(well, HS where i started and expected to graduate from but which went extinct unexpectedly after my freshman year)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most famous that you don't know their name: Nancy Cartwright (voice of Bart Simpson)

Otherwise, Rob Dyrdek.

los alamitos class of 93 so it’s a toss up but I think Pedro Pascal takes it these days ahead of monique powell (save ferris), Nikki Monninger (silversun pickups), brooks wackerman (drummer), taryn manning and Dante Basco. however if i go beyond the years i was there i would say Pedro still beats out JT Snow, Rob Nen, Joe Escalante, numerous nfl players. the current qb is up there though, he committed to USC recently and is a projected to be an nfl qb, Malachi Nelson
Played non-league volleyball matches there in 95 and 97.  The quality and quantity of athletic achievements from that school are bananas.  Great big gym as I recall too with nice equipment. 

Not much from my small HS. It has the be Brothers Osborne, though they are about 20 years younger than me and must have moved to the area after I graduated HS.

Played non-league volleyball matches there in 95 and 97.  The quality and quantity of athletic achievements from that school are bananas.  Great big gym as I recall too with nice equipment. 

Yeah, I recall some high-level football, especially from the QB position.  I'd have to Googlez to figure out the names again but I recall the early-mid-90's were chock full of good QBs.

Ellen DeGeneres and Phil Anselmo of Pantera both attended my high school, but neither graduated.

Former Indiana Pacer forward Danny Granger would probably be our most famous graduate nationwide. There are some local politicians and such that are graduates, but wouldn’t be known elsewhere.

The guy who started the Khan Academy educational videos company, Salman Khan, is also a graduate, but I don’t think he himself is a famous name.
GK?  Not sure why I remember that.

Brandon Crawford

Gabrielle Union

Paula Creamer

Sean Mannion (not really that famous but this is a football board)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread