What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whose Career Would You Rather Have (1 Viewer)

Whose Career Would You Rather Have?

• Total voters
Seriously, nobody outside of GB will even think of Driver in 2 years. In fact, in GB, nobody will think about him until they trot him out for an Old Timers game or whatever the hell equivalent of the baseball thing they do in football.
Yup. Donald Driver is just Darrell Jackson or Derrick Mason without the years' worth of perspective.
He's the all time leading receiver on the most storied franchise in the NFL. That has to count for something.
Outside of Wisconsin, it means jack.
Well...other than the fact that Packer fans are everywhere and not just in Wisconsin right?
Yea keep telling yourself that. Donald Driver will not be spoken about after a year nationally. After about 2 or 3 years by packer fans outside of Wisconsin. After 5 or 6 years by packer fans in Wisconsin.
I'd rather polish my SB Ring while relaxing with my family than have people debate whether I was more physically gifted that Jerry Rice.

I'd rather have Donald Driver's career. Moss made more money and more Pro Bowls, but Driver got more love from the local fans. I like the idea that there's one state where I can go and be loved/appreciated/treated like royalty wherever I go.
Even if that state is Wisconsin?
WTF do I care what a bunch of "stumble bums" in Wisconsin think of me?
What's with the dogging of Wisconsin?

Seriously, nobody outside of GB will even think of Driver in 2 years. In fact, in GB, nobody will think about him until they trot him out for an Old Timers game or whatever the hell equivalent of the baseball thing they do in football.
Yup. Donald Driver is just Darrell Jackson or Derrick Mason without the years' worth of perspective.
He's the all time leading receiver on the most storied franchise in the NFL. That has to count for something.
Well...other than the fact that Packer fans are everywhere and not just in Wisconsin right?
Yea keep telling yourself that. Donald Driver will not be spoken about after a year nationally. After about 2 or 3 years by packer fans outside of Wisconsin. After 5 or 6 years by packer fans in Wisconsin.
I'd rather polish my SB Ring while relaxing with my family than have people debate whether I was more physically gifted that Jerry Rice.
I would rather be writing an NFL HOF speech rather than polishing my SB Ring. After tomorrow, Moss may very well be able to do both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, nobody outside of GB will even think of Driver in 2 years.
This is true and I'll add some personal perspective to this. I live in the same city Driver makes his offseason/main home in Texas. Our kids went to the same daycare. I ran into him one morning dropping my kid off, this was about 5 years ago. Now I don't know at this time Driver lives in the same city as me so not expecting that I would ever run into him I did not place it as him when I first say him. I thought to myself that guy sure looks familiar and judging by his appearance and vehicle I'm guessing a pro athlete. Saw him again the next morning and was again thinking man I know that guy. Than I saw his Wisconsin plate and something in the plate number which jarred my head and I knew who it was. Now I'm a massive football fan and did not immediately know it was Driver. My wife would know Randy Moss if she ran into him and she don't know much about football. Just saying.BTW I'll just say Driver held a daycare graduation party at his house and that is one super down to earth humble guy and very active and involved parent to boot. But I'd still rather have the career of Randy Moss.

I would rather be writing an NFL HOF speech rather than polishing my SB Ring. After tomorrow, Moss may very well be able to do both.
Provides a lot of insight into your personality. The purpose of the game is to win the SB.

Driver is the one with a ring so I'm on the fence. But that might be negated tomorrow.
Yeah I'd rather have Trent Dilfer's career over Dan Marino :rolleyes:ETA: Would you rather be David Carr or Jim Kelly? Carr won a ring as a backup with the Giants last year. This is a stupid argument.

Provides a lot of insight into your personality. The purpose of the game is to win the SB.
Niiiice...being a ##### must be an insight into your personality?But either/or, I would still take a HOF career over a SB Ring if given the choice. Any player can win a SB Ring, but not just anyone is inducted into the HOF.

I did not say he would be spoken of that much nationally.Just that there are Packer fans outside of Wisconsin (and a lot of them).And Id bet he gets talked about after that in and out of Wisconsin...considering what his numbers with the team are.And when he will be inducted into the Packer HOF.

Driver is the one with a ring so I'm on the fence. But that might be negated tomorrow.
Yeah I'd rather have Trent Dilfer's career over Dan Marino :rolleyes:ETA: Would you rather be David Carr or Jim Kelly? Carr won a ring as a backup with the Giants last year. This is a stupid argument.
That you would compare Driver to Dilfer is pretty stupid.That you would make it worse and use a backup like Carr is even worse.

We're not comparing Dilfer & Marino or Carr & Kelly. We're comparing Moss and Driver.

Niiiice...being a ##### must be an insight into your personality?But either/or, I would still take a HOF career over a SB Ring if given the choice. Any player can win a SB Ring, but not just anyone is inducted into the HOF.
:lmao: I just said it provided insight. If you're happy about your choice, how does that make me a #####?

'Christo said:
'tdmills said:
'Riversco said:
We're not comparing Dilfer & Marino or Carr & Kelly. We're comparing Moss and Driver.
I'd say its a fair description. Dilfer had a solid career. Nothing spectacular. Got a ring with a good team after many years in the league. Driver had a solid career. Nothing spectacular. Got a ring with a good team after many years in the league. Marino is one of the all time great QBs in the league yet never won the big one. HOF player and an outstanding career. Moss is one of the all time great WRs in the league yet hasn't won the big one yet. HOF player and an outstanding career.

'Christo said:
'tdmills said:
'Riversco said:
I'd say its a fair description. Dilfer had a solid career. Nothing spectacular. Got a ring with a good team after many years in the league. Driver had a solid career. Nothing spectacular. Got a ring with a good team after many years in the league. Marino is one of the all time great QBs in the league yet never won the big one. HOF player and an outstanding career. Moss is one of the all time great WRs in the league yet hasn't won the big one yet. HOF player and an outstanding career.
I do not accept any attempt to try to compare the careers of Dilfer and Driver. Driver was a productive starter for almost 10 years. Dilfer had 4 decent seasons.

'Christo said:
'tdmills said:
'Riversco said:
I do not accept any attempt to try to compare the careers of Dilfer and Driver. Driver was a productive starter for almost 10 years. Dilfer had 4 decent seasons.
Suit yourself. It was an acceptable comparison despite your reservations.

Career: Moss.Life: Driver. Driver seems like a great guy and seems pretty happy, while Moss is a miserable malcontent. I'll take being happy and having a good career over being unhappy and having a great career. Sure, Moss will be in the HOF, and Driver won't, but once they are both done with football, I'd bet money that Driver will be the happier person in life.
:goodposting:

Driver Career Receiving: 205 Games, 743 receptions 10,137 yards, 61 TDs, 7 fumblesMoss Career Receiving: 218 Games, 982 Receptions, 15,292 yards, 156 TDs, 13 fumblesDriver might have the ring, but clearly not because he was a more dominant player than Moss. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time after the circus left town.I'll take Randy's career any day.

Driver Career Receiving: 205 Games, 743 receptions 10,137 yards, 61 TDs, 7 fumblesMoss Career Receiving: 218 Games, 982 Receptions, 15,292 yards, 156 TDs, 13 fumblesDriver might have the ring, but clearly not because he was a more dominant player than Moss. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time after the circus left town.I'll take Randy's career any day.
And when you consider Driver had Favre and Rodgers throwing to him while Moss had Brady for 2 years tops, just imagine what he could have done with a great QB for most of his career.

And when you consider Driver had Favre and Rodgers throwing to him while Moss had Brady for 2 years tops, just imagine what he could have done with a great QB for most of his career.
Woulda', coulda', shoulda' - boo hoo. He would've have had Brady throwing for him for more than two years if he wasn't the whiny malcontent that he is and got himself booted from the team. He short-circuited his own career.

Woulda', coulda', shoulda' - boo hoo. He would've have had Brady throwing for him for more than two years if he wasn't the whiny malcontent that he is and got himself booted from the team. He short-circuited his own career.
Keep tellin yourself that. Lets put it this way. Who's career would you rather have? Brett Favre or Brad Johnson? That's what this thread is trying to ask basically.

Keep tellin yourself that. Lets put it this way. Who's career would you rather have? Brett Favre or Brad Johnson? That's what this thread is trying to ask basically.
Not really. Favre has franchise and NFL records, 3 MVPs, is a HOFer and has a ring. Far better than Randy's accolades and accomplishments.Again...what franchise does Brad Johnson hold records for?What franchise is likely going to offer Johnson a multi million dollar deal for life after football?As I stated...Moss gets the ring and its a no brainer to take his career.Without the ring...I think there are questions...but I would likely still take Moss' career (especially if I have the option to be an ### or not as he was at times)Also...if you want to bring up QBs...how about what HOF WRs did Driver play alongside taking pressure off of him for a large chunk of his career?

He's had a great career, no doubt about that. I'm not disagreeing with that. However, it could have been even better. He literally got himself booted from the Patriots because of his attitude. He COULD HAVE had Brady throwing to him for more than two years had he been a team player. So I'm not so sure what you think I should keep telling myself. The truth?

You are not very good at comparisons.

You're missing the point, which was that Moss could have spent the rest of his career playing with one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history had he not been a huge baby. So, given that, you can't really use the "imagine what he could have done with a great QB for most of his career" excuse for him. I think it's more like, "Imagine what Randy Moss could have done had he had the intangibles and work ethic of someone like Larry Fitzgerald." He had the God-given freakish talent to go down as the best WR, or maybe even the best player in history, but his laziness at times and ####ty attitude prevented that.

You're missing the point, which was that Moss could have spent the rest of his career playing with one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history had he not been a huge baby. So, given that, you can't really use the "imagine what he could have done with a great QB for most of his career" excuse for him. I think it's more like, "Imagine what Randy Moss could have done had he had the intangibles and work ethic of someone like Larry Fitzgerald." He had the God-given freakish talent to go down as the best WR, or maybe even the best player in history, but his laziness at times and ####ty attitude prevented that.
BINGO! We have winner! Great post.

Looks like a player with really poor attitude in the locker room.If you seriously care to research, watch the documentary about Moss I posted earlier. Or you can continue on your half-truth/biased ways. It's sad when people refuse to research more about players because they care more about "being right" in the shark pool versus finding more facts. Is Randy Moss perfect? No. But he started his career on the wrong foot by losing his scholarship to Notre Dame and then Florida State with a few immature acts. Then the few little things that happened in his NFL career got blown up because he's a "bad guy". The same thing will happen with N. Suh, no matter what he accomplishes the rest of his career, he will continue to be a "bad guy". The media makes money depicting players in a certain light and they will continue to do just that. See Tim Tebow as well.

Well...week 1 tells the whole story huh?How about later...that same day right?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfXdhEjpvUIt was not the media depicting him...it was his own actions.Suh has been a victim of his own actions (on and off the field).Tebow is a victim of backlash against how outspoken he is about his beliefs...as well as the hype around him eventhough he sucks as a QB.

BINGO! We have winner! Great post.
:)
You do realize that it was barely a month later when he quit on the Patriots, resulting in them trading him, right? His "rah rah" attitude for 10 seconds in the locker room after one win doesn't erase all of his knuckleheaded behavior over the years. It's easy to act happy and "one for all and all for one" when everything is smooth sailing, but when the chips are down, you can always count on Randy Moss to quit and/or not try.

Why would you want to have the career of Driver when you can go down as one of the best 5 WRs of all time? Who gives a #### what other people, who don't even know you, think of you? You're better than them. If people had a time machine, and could go back in time and actually pick a career, I bet a substantially less number of people would actually choose Driver.

Why would you want to have the career of Driver when you can go down as one of the best 5 WRs of all time? Who gives a #### what other people, who don't even know you, think of you? You're better than them. If people had a time machine, and could go back in time and actually pick a career, I bet a substantially less number of people would actually choose Driver.
Because, as things stand, Driver has accomplished the most important feat in the NFL and Moss hasn't. He's a SB winner.

Because, as things stand, Driver has accomplished the most important feat in the NFL and Moss hasn't. He's a SB winner.
Did you know that the front office lady in Green Bay has a SB Ring? Yeah...she had a better career than Moss also. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So if the Niners win today, you'll prefer Moss over Driver?

So if the Niners win today, you'll prefer Moss over Driver?
Read the thread.

Well...week 1 tells the whole story huh?How about later...that same day right?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfXdhEjpvUIt was not the media depicting him...it was his own actions.Suh has been a victim of his own actions (on and off the field).Tebow is a victim of backlash against how outspoken he is about his beliefs...as well as the hype around him eventhough he sucks as a QB.
I'm done with this, it's silly.

'Christo said:
'tdmills said:
'Riversco said:
Donald Driver is in the Top 40 for career receptions in the history of the NFL. Just sayin. Your lack of knowledge is laughable and your comparisons are silly.

'Christo said:
'tdmills said:
'Riversco said:
Donald Driver is in the Top 40 for career receptions in the history of the NFL. Just sayin. Your lack of knowledge is laughable and your comparisons are silly.
If he decides to unretire and play a few more years, he could catch up to legendary players like Muhsin Muhammad and Keenan McCardell, who are two other WRs with a ton of receptions that no one ever talks about any more.

'Christo said:
'tdmills said:
'Riversco said:
If he decides to unretire and play a few more years, he could catch up to legendary players like Muhsin Muhammad and Keenan McCardell, who are two other WRs with a ton of receptions that no one ever talks about any more.
You just did.

'Christo said:
'tdmills said:
'Riversco said:
You just did.
:lmao: :lmao:

I really thought Driver would be running away with this when I voted. Different values and priorities I guess. To me, Driver sure seems a lot happier with life than Moss.

I really thought Driver would be running away with this when I voted. Different values and priorities I guess. To me, Driver sure seems a lot happier with life than Moss.
You didn't say who's life would we rather have. You said career. That's a no brainer. Life, sure I'd love to have Driver's. Beautiful wife and kids. Happy living. All around good guy.

I'm done with this, it's silly.
It is...you brought up 10 seconds of one clap that he basically reversed on not much after your video.

Just to clear up some facts on DD (from the Packers website)

Sits atop the franchise record book for the most receptions (734) and the most receiving yards (10,137) in team history.

Ranks No. 1 in franchise history for the most 1,000-yard seasons with seven, highlighted by six straight from 2004-09, also a team record.

Has caught 50-plus passes in a season a franchise-record nine times in his career (2002-10), topping WRs James Lofton and Sterling Sharpe (seven each).

Holds Lambeau Field records for receptions (358) and receiving yards (4,951).

Ranks No. 2 in team history for most games played with 205, trailing only QB Brett Favre (255).

Has been selected to the Pro Bowl four times during his career.

Holds the franchise record for the most consecutive games with a reception with 133, a streak that came to an end in 2010.

With 61 career TD receptions, ranks No. 3 in franchise annals behind only Don Hutson (99) and Sharpe (65).

Ranks No. 2 in team history in yards from scrimmage with 10,354, trailing only RB Ahman Green (11,048).

Extended two team records in 2009 with his seventh 1,000-yard season and sixth straight. Indianapolis’ Reggie Wayne was the only other player in the league to have a 1,000-yard season each of those six years (2004-09).

So if you think DD is equivalent to Dilfer in some way, your simply ignorant.

Bottomline of this thread, Green Bay fans would rather have the career of one of their all time favorites than that of a HOF hated rival's. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Driver voters, take a bow. :bowtie:
Still rather Randy's career. Knowing I was the best at my position during the time I played is fine with me.
No doubt, that game did not change anything, if Randy had not come out of retirement it would not have changed anything. He had the better career. This thread is filled with a bunch of nonsense. The question was about who had the best career and a bunch of people went off on a better life tangent as if you really know the inner details of any of these guys lives and how happy they are.

I think the Super bowl win is relevant to best career. It is how fans and players judge their season - did they win the Superbowl. DD has one win, Moss has none. During the week leading on on talk radio when they interviewed players who were not playing, but in NO, all of them said they were not watching the game. That either your in it, or you can't stand to watch.

Driver voters, take a bow. :bowtie:
Still rather Randy's career. Knowing I was the best at my position during the time I played is fine with me.
No doubt, that game did not change anything, if Randy had not come out of retirement it would not have changed anything. He had the better career. This thread is filled with a bunch of nonsense. The question was about who had the best career and a bunch of people went off on a better life tangent as if you really know the inner details of any of these guys lives and how happy they are.
No that wasn't the question it was whose career would you rather have not whose career was better. It basically breaks down to

a. A long career as an above average player. Borderline probowler during your peak. Owner of several records for one of the NFL's most historic franchises and widely adored by those fans. Most importantly you have a super bowl ring.

b. One of the top 5 at your position of all time. Truly an all time great and definitely a game changer. Played for 5 different teams and despite playing for 2 dominant teams 98 Vikes and 07 Pats...0 super bowl rings.

Went A based on the ring. It would be interesting to poll hall of famers to see if they'd give up their place in the hall of fame for a super bowl ring. They could still have their great careers but just not quite hall of fame worthy.

Bottomline of this thread, Green Bay fans would rather have the career of one of their all time favorites than that of a HOF hated rival's. Go figure. :rolleyes:
Actually...quite a few other fans chimed in saying they would rather have a ring.But people like you always thinks its just GB homers picking their guy over a rival.When most everyone, including GB fans have conceded that Moss was a better player overall and was one hell of a WR.I even said wait til last night to see if Moss got the ring.Right now...give me Driver based on having the title...and yes, being a Packer fan, Id rather have the title and the Packer records than what Randy has done in his career.

Users who are viewing this thread