What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whose Career Would You Rather Have (2 Viewers)

Whose Career Would You Rather Have?

• Total voters
Driver voters, take a bow. :bowtie:
Still rather Randy's career. Knowing I was the best at my position during the time I played is fine with me.
No doubt, that game did not change anything, if Randy had not come out of retirement it would not have changed anything. He had the better career. This thread is filled with a bunch of nonsense. The question was about who had the best career and a bunch of people went off on a better life tangent as if you really know the inner details of any of these guys lives and how happy they are.
The question was not "who had the better career" it was "whose career would you want".And many took that to include other parts about "better life" and so on.

Still rather Randy's career. Knowing I was the best at my position during the time I played is fine with me.
No doubt, that game did not change anything, if Randy had not come out of retirement it would not have changed anything. He had the better career. This thread is filled with a bunch of nonsense. The question was about who had the best career and a bunch of people went off on a better life tangent as if you really know the inner details of any of these guys lives and how happy they are.
The question was not "who had the better career" it was "whose career would you want".And many took that to include other parts about "better life" and so on.
So it didn't say "Whose life would you rather have?"Thanks for clearing that up

Bottomline of this thread, Green Bay fans would rather have the career of one of their all time favorites than that of a HOF hated rival's. Go figure. :rolleyes:
Actually...quite a few other fans chimed in saying they would rather have a ring.But people like you always thinks its just GB homers picking their guy over a rival.When most everyone, including GB fans have conceded that Moss was a better player overall and was one hell of a WR.I even said wait til last night to see if Moss got the ring.Right now...give me Driver based on having the title...and yes, being a Packer fan, Id rather have the title and the Packer records than what Randy has done in his career.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. We could compare almost any Eagles WR's career to Michael Irvin and I will never take Irvin's career even with the rings. I'm just saying that those that were surprised at the results of the poll are skewed by fandom.

Sure...but as said, others chose to put that as part of it."one clap" :lmao:

Bottomline of this thread, Green Bay fans would rather have the career of one of their all time favorites than that of a HOF hated rival's. Go figure. :rolleyes:
Actually...quite a few other fans chimed in saying they would rather have a ring.But people like you always thinks its just GB homers picking their guy over a rival.When most everyone, including GB fans have conceded that Moss was a better player overall and was one hell of a WR.I even said wait til last night to see if Moss got the ring.Right now...give me Driver based on having the title...and yes, being a Packer fan, Id rather have the title and the Packer records than what Randy has done in his career.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. We could compare almost any Eagles WR's career to Michael Irvin and I will never take Irvin's career even with the rings. I'm just saying that those that were surprised at the results of the poll are skewed by fandom.
I don't think many are skewing it based on not liking Moss being a Viking. There may be a few.Any fandom skewing it may be from Packer fans (as I stated) would rather have the franchise records and such.

Sure...but as said, others chose to put that as part of it."one clap" :lmao:
I'd love to hear some insight as to what he said that was wrong during the press conference.-It seemed that he was offended by what the media said(nothing more or less).

I'd love to hear some insight as to what he said that was wrong during the press conference.-It seemed that he was offended by what the media said(nothing more or less).
Seemed to me he whined about being underappreciated...and while it sounded to be about just the media...he also compared it to if they were not appreciated by their employer...so there was something more there...and it continued to go from there.You used a 10 second clip of that one clap to act as if all was rosey that year...you appear to be very wrong based on the next clip posted...as well as how the rest of that year went and why he got shipped out of there...and then cut from MN to end up in TN (where the coaches could not get him on the field because all he would do is run go routes).

I'd love to hear some insight as to what he said that was wrong during the press conference.

-It seemed that he was offended by what the media said(nothing more or less).
Seemed to me he whined about being underappreciated...and while it sounded to be about just the media...he also compared it to if they were not appreciated by their employer...so there was something more there...and it continued to go from there.You used a 10 second clip of that one clap to act as if all was rosey that year...you appear to be very wrong based on the next clip posted...as well as how the rest of that year went and why he got shipped out of there...and then cut from MN to end up in TN (where the coaches could not get him on the field because all he would do is run go routes).
Assumptions. If you take the clip for what it was, upset with the media, then it would be in a different light. That's how I took it.Oh well i've said my peace. I know you'll post again because you have to get the last word in.

Seriously, nobody outside of GB will even think of Driver in 2 years. In fact, in GB, nobody will think about him until they trot him out for an Old Timers game or whatever the hell equivalent of the baseball thing they do in football.
Yup. Donald Driver is just Darrell Jackson or Derrick Mason without the years' worth of perspective.
He's the all time leading receiver on the most storied franchise in the NFL. That has to count for something.
Outside of Wisconsin, it means jack.
Good call, because Packer fans are only in Wisconsin. :hophead: Driver had to work harder for what he got. Doesn't have the skills that Moss has but from what I've seen of the 2, Driver has a hell of a lot more heart. Meh, you guys can choose Moss and state "it ain't even close" :rolleyes: . There's more to team sports than just freakish athletic ability......Moss ain't got no ring.

Just to clear up some facts on DD (from the Packers website)Sits atop the franchise record book for the most receptions (734) and the most receiving yards (10,137) in team history.Ranks No. 1 in franchise history for the most 1,000-yard seasons with seven, highlighted by six straight from 2004-09, also a team record.Has caught 50-plus passes in a season a franchise-record nine times in his career (2002-10), topping WRs James Lofton and Sterling Sharpe (seven each).Holds Lambeau Field records for receptions (358) and receiving yards (4,951).Ranks No. 2 in team history for most games played with 205, trailing only QB Brett Favre (255).Has been selected to the Pro Bowl four times during his career.Holds the franchise record for the most consecutive games with a reception with 133, a streak that came to an end in 2010.With 61 career TD receptions, ranks No. 3 in franchise annals behind only Don Hutson (99) and Sharpe (65).Ranks No. 2 in team history in yards from scrimmage with 10,354, trailing only RB Ahman Green (11,048).Extended two team records in 2009 with his seventh 1,000-yard season and sixth straight. Indianapolis’ Reggie Wayne was the only other player in the league to have a 1,000-yard season each of those six years (2004-09).So if you think DD is equivalent to Dilfer in some way, your simply ignorant.
:goodposting:

DD's going away party

The end for Driver was a constellation of emotions at the Lambeau Field Atrium on Wednesday. There was, however, one dominating vibe. The 38-year-old has said several times that he wants to keep playing. But Driver also realizes his place within the Packers' organization and with the fan base. Above all, he wished to preserve that legacy.

In front of more than 1,000 screaming fans, a larger-than-life figure bid farewell.

Just to clear up some facts on DD (from the Packers website)Sits atop the franchise record book for the most receptions (734) and the most receiving yards (10,137) in team history.Ranks No. 1 in franchise history for the most 1,000-yard seasons with seven, highlighted by six straight from 2004-09, also a team record.Has caught 50-plus passes in a season a franchise-record nine times in his career (2002-10), topping WRs James Lofton and Sterling Sharpe (seven each).Holds Lambeau Field records for receptions (358) and receiving yards (4,951).Ranks No. 2 in team history for most games played with 205, trailing only QB Brett Favre (255).Has been selected to the Pro Bowl four times during his career.Holds the franchise record for the most consecutive games with a reception with 133, a streak that came to an end in 2010.With 61 career TD receptions, ranks No. 3 in franchise annals behind only Don Hutson (99) and Sharpe (65).Ranks No. 2 in team history in yards from scrimmage with 10,354, trailing only RB Ahman Green (11,048).Extended two team records in 2009 with his seventh 1,000-yard season and sixth straight. Indianapolis’ Reggie Wayne was the only other player in the league to have a 1,000-yard season each of those six years (2004-09).So if you think DD is equivalent to Dilfer in some way, your simply ignorant.
I'm not dissing on Driver, as I rostered him for years fantasy wise. Good player, very good career. But Driver had better team totals and accomplishments than Moss did because Moss played on multiple teams. Sort of like suggested that Dwight Evans was a better player than Barry Bonds because Evans ranks higher on some team lists because he played so long on the Red Sox.If people compare Moss' totals and accomplishments, I don't think it's all that close in terms of what each guy did on the field. If people want to say Moss had off field issues, was a prima donna, or at times weas a cancer in the clubhouse I won't argue with them. But many years from now, people will still have Moss in the top tier of elite receivers and Driver will slowly fade from memory. Sort of like Keenan McCardell.McCardell 883-11373-63Driver 743-10137-61

I'm not dissing on Driver, as I rostered him for years fantasy wise. Good player, very good career. But Driver had better team totals and accomplishments than Moss did because Moss played on multiple teams. Sort of like suggested that Dwight Evans was a better player than Barry Bonds because Evans ranks higher on some team lists because he played so long on the Red Sox.If people compare Moss' totals and accomplishments, I don't think it's all that close in terms of what each guy did on the field. If people want to say Moss had off field issues, was a prima donna, or at times weas a cancer in the clubhouse I won't argue with them. But many years from now, people will still have Moss in the top tier of elite receivers and Driver will slowly fade from memory. Sort of like Keenan McCardell.McCardell 883-11373-63Driver 743-10137-61
No one is arguing that Driver was a better player than Moss.

Someone must be, because the thread asked which career would you rather have.Unless the point of all this is to ask people if they would rather play an entire career on one team and win a ring (mostly as a role player by then) . . . or if they would rather have moved around the league and not not win a title.

Someone must be, because the thread asked which career would you rather have.Unless the point of all this is to ask people if they would rather play an entire career on one team and win a ring (mostly as a role player by then) . . . or if they would rather have moved around the league and not not win a title.
:whoosh:

I'd rather be Driver..... because I'm pretty sure he has more $ to his name at this point than Moss. In fact, I'd be he has a lot more. Driver is the kind of guy that saved his first dollar. ... because Driver has a ring. I don't care about titles on the team or calling someone a "role player". 50 years from now nobody cares about what you did for a Super Bowl team. You won a Super Bowl and wear the ring like anyone else. The ring is beast.... because everywhere Driver goes for the rest of his life, he's likely going to have people buying him drinks and saying "Thanks for the memories" ... Moss doesn't strike me as a person I'd really want to converse with in a bar, and I doubt that many people go out of their way to find and talk to him. And I doubt he's nearly as receptive to fans as Driver has been. It's widely known that Driver responds to virtually every piece of fan mail he receives, even if it takes him well into the off-season.... because I wouldn't rather be a lion for a day and be despised or broke for the rest of my life. Driver was no lamb, either; he was a great player for many years. There aren't many WRs that string together that many 1,000-yard seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather be Driver..... because I'm pretty sure he has more $ to his name at this point than Moss. In fact, I'd be he has a lot more. Driver is the kind of guy that saved his first dollar. ... because Driver has a ring. I don't care about titles on the team or calling someone a "role player". 50 years from now nobody cares about what you did for a Super Bowl team. You won a Super Bowl and wear the ring like anyone else. The ring is beast.... because everywhere Driver goes for the rest of his life, he's likely going to have people buying him drinks and saying "Thanks for the memories" ... Moss doesn't strike me as a person I'd really want to converse with in a bar, and I doubt that many people go out of their way to find and talk to him. And I doubt he's nearly as receptive to fans as Driver has been. It's widely known that Driver responds to virtually every piece of fan mail he receives, even if it takes him well into the off-season.... because I wouldn't rather be a lion for a day and be despised or broke for the rest of my life. Driver was no lamb, either; he was a great player for many years. There aren't many WRs that string together that many 1,000-yard seasons.
But what does that have to do with the CAREERS of each player? If what you said was the intent, then the question should have been would you rather be Driver or Moss TODAY all things considered?

Last edited by a moderator:
But what does that have to do with the CAREERS of each player? If what you said was the intent, then the question should have been would you rather be Driver or Moss TODAY all things considered?
I think all they did in their careers though puts them where they are today.Driver worked his way up...earned the respect and adoration of fans and players alike.Has the ring and several receiving records of one of the NFL's most storied franchises.For many, that seems like a pretty darn solid career.Others try to compare it to that of Trent Dilfer.

Posted this a few days ago but this is really what it breaks down to...a. A long career as an above average player. Borderline probowler during your peak. Owner of several records for one of the NFL's most historic franchises and widely adored by those fans. Most importantly you have a super bowl ring. b. One of the top 5 at your position of all time. Truly an all time great and definitely a game changer. Played for 5 different teams and despite playing for 2 dominant teams 98 Vikes and 07 Pats...0 super bowl rings.

Posted this a few days ago but this is really what it breaks down to...a. A long career as an above average player. Borderline probowler during your peak. Owner of several records for one of the NFL's most historic franchises and widely adored by those fans. Most importantly you have a super bowl ring. b. One of the top 5 at your position of all time. Truly an all time great and definitely a game changer. Played for 5 different teams and despite playing for 2 dominant teams 98 Vikes and 07 Pats...0 super bowl rings.
To me it comes down to would you rather have a ring or your bust in Canton. TO ME, I would pick the HOF over the ring. There are plenty of guys that have won the SB, and A LOT fewer players that are enshrined in the HOF. All that means to me anyways, is that PLAYER X did not play on a team great enough to win a title. Not the player's fault if as a team they couldn't win. Moss could not be held responsible for turnovers on offense, the coaching, the running attack, the defense, etc. On any given day, he was maybe a part of 10% of the plays on offense, none on special teams, and none on defense. Hard to pin his team's not winning a SB on him.Yes, Driver ultimately got a ring, but by the time he won (at 35) you could argue that he was the 4th or 5th receiving option and not exactly a major contributor or huge difference maker for GB. I would have said the same thing about Moss (who was not a huge part of the Niners attack this year . . . probably less of a contributer than Driver was for the Pack).

I'd rather be Driver...

.. because I'm pretty sure he has more $ to his name at this point than Moss. In fact, I'd be he has a lot more. Driver is the kind of guy that saved his first dollar.

... because everywhere Driver goes for the rest of his life, he's likely going to have people buying him drinks and saying "Thanks for the memories" ... Moss doesn't strike me as a person I'd really want to converse with in a bar, and I doubt that many people go out of their way to find and talk to him. And I doubt he's nearly as receptive to fans as Driver has been. It's widely known that Driver responds to virtually every piece of fan mail he receives, even if it takes him well into the off-season.
Do you mean everywhere in Wisconsin? I can't imagine him being bought many drinks nationally. Also, with regards to money, I'm sure Driver is a smart guy that saved money, but have there been any reports saying Moss is broke that would lead you to believe Driver has more money than him, let alone a lot more?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/donald-driver-final-stop-green-bay-home-78-201447164--nfl.htmlNot sure stats matter when it comes to how good of a person someone can be. Moss may have had the TD's and yards but Driver has the ring and hearts of many. Not many athletes would ever do what Driver did in the video.
:goodposting: Thanks for that.It was said earlier in this thread that Driver will soon be forgotten by fans outside of Green Bay. But Moss will be remembered because of his hall of fame stats. That's a shame. A man's career should be remembered by the impact he has on not only his team but also on the community and on the fans of who he played for. Do you think Moss had any lasting impression or impact on any of the communities he played for? Once his career is over, that's all he has is a bunch of numbers on paper. But Driver has won the hearts of many, even outside of Green Bay. Read the comments to the above Yahoo Sports story. There are comments from fans of all teams expressing their admiration for Driver and his first class attitude.Give me Driver's career any day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/donald-driver-final-stop-green-bay-home-78-201447164--nfl.htmlNot sure stats matter when it comes to how good of a person someone can be. Moss may have had the TD's and yards but Driver has the ring and hearts of many. Not many athletes would ever do what Driver did in the video.
:goodposting: Thanks for that.It was said earlier in this thread that Driver will soon be forgotten by fans outside of Green Bay. But Moss will be remembered because of his hall of fame stats. That's a shame. A man's career should be remembered by the impact he has on not only his team but also on the community and on the fans of who he played for. Do you think Moss had any lasting impression or impact on any of the communities he played for? Once his career is over, that's all he has is a bunch of numbers on paper. But Driver has won the hearts of many, even outside of Green Bay. Read the comments to the above Yahoo Sports story. There are comments from fans of all teams expressing their admiration for Driver and his first class attitude.Give me Driver's career any day.
I live 1000+ miles away from GB, and even now most people around here have no idea who Donald Driver is. Again, that's not a knock on Driver, but he will end up as a local hero and not a national all time great. He might be the best and nicest person to ever play the game, that doesn't mean he was an all time great player.Similarly, Warrick Dunn was a great humanitarian. But that doesn't mean he had a better career than Barry Sanders.

Seriously, nobody outside of GB will even think of Driver in 2 years. In fact, in GB, nobody will think about him until they trot him out for an Old Timers game or whatever the hell equivalent of the baseball thing they do in football.
Yup. Donald Driver is just Darrell Jackson or Derrick Mason without the years' worth of perspective.
I think he is more liked in GB than they are in their respective "towns"...though, partially because they played for mulitple teams.Jackson only played for what...9 seasons? And was a 3rd round pick.Mason played longer and was a 4th rounder. But much more similar as far as numbers and styles I would think. But not how and what they did for their respective teams overall. But again...that was probably because of not just playing for TN.Driver played 14 years all with the same team. The guy is GB's all time reception leader and receiving yards leader.He was a 7th rounder not given much of a chance but just kept getting better and passing guys on the depth chart until he was starting.The line about nobody will think about him...seems quite misguided though for how he is thought of in GB and Wisconsin.
Actually reminds me alot of Troy Brown in NE. Late round draft pick, hung around as a special teamer, great team guy, great heart, made the most of his physical talents and became a Pro Bowl caliber player over a long career. Great locally, good in the context of NFL history.

I'd rather be Driver...

.. because I'm pretty sure he has more $ to his name at this point than Moss. In fact, I'd be he has a lot more. Driver is the kind of guy that saved his first dollar.

... because everywhere Driver goes for the rest of his life, he's likely going to have people buying him drinks and saying "Thanks for the memories" ... Moss doesn't strike me as a person I'd really want to converse with in a bar, and I doubt that many people go out of their way to find and talk to him. And I doubt he's nearly as receptive to fans as Driver has been. It's widely known that Driver responds to virtually every piece of fan mail he receives, even if it takes him well into the off-season.
Do you mean everywhere in Wisconsin? I can't imagine him being bought many drinks nationally. Also, with regards to money, I'm sure Driver is a smart guy that saved money, but have there been any reports saying Moss is broke that would lead you to believe Driver has more money than him, let alone a lot more?
The Packers are probably the 1st or 2nd most celebrated team nationally. There are Packer fans everywhere.Also, I love everyone in this thread is comparing "Ring vs HOF" ... as if Moss is a shoe-in for the hall of fame. Wide receivers are lined up through the door to get in the hall of fame and nothing on his resume screams first ballot. With his lack of contributions outside of the game and the fact that he never won a ring, I would not be surprised to see him neglected for half a decade after he's eligible. Sure, he'll be on the ballot, and sure he might eventually get in, but he's not a shoe-in. Neither is Owens, and I believe Owens will never get in the hall. If Owens doesn't, why is Moss so much more eligible? Because he had one magical year with the arguably best QB in the game throwing him the ball? Hall of fame worthy would be having a 20 TD season with an average QB.

I live 1000+ miles away from GB, and even now most people around here have no idea who Donald Driver is. Again, that's not a knock on Driver, but he will end up as a local hero and not a national all time great. He might be the best and nicest person to ever play the game, that doesn't mean he was an all time great player.Similarly, Warrick Dunn was a great humanitarian. But that doesn't mean he had a better career than Barry Sanders.
The question wasn't "Is Driver an all-time great?" or "Did he have a better career than Moss?"The question was "Whose career would you rather have?"

The question wasn't "Is Driver an all-time great?" or "Did he have a better career than Moss?"The question was "Whose career would you rather have?"
So again I pose the question . . . would you rather be an all time great and HOFer or a very good player that played his entire career with one team and won a ring in your twilight as basically a 4th receiver?That's pretty much what the options are here as far as their CAREERS go. People can say they would rather have Driver's LIFE more than MOSS', but IMO that has nothing to do with their careers.

I'd rather be Driver...

The Packers are probably the 1st or 2nd most celebrated team nationally. There are Packer fans everywhere.Also, I love everyone in this thread is comparing "Ring vs HOF" ... as if Moss is a shoe-in for the hall of fame. Wide receivers are lined up through the door to get in the hall of fame and nothing on his resume screams first ballot. With his lack of contributions outside of the game and the fact that he never won a ring, I would not be surprised to see him neglected for half a decade after he's eligible. Sure, he'll be on the ballot, and sure he might eventually get in, but he's not a shoe-in. Neither is Owens, and I believe Owens will never get in the hall. If Owens doesn't, why is Moss so much more eligible? Because he had one magical year with the arguably best QB in the game throwing him the ball? Hall of fame worthy would be having a 20 TD season with an average QB.
This has to be fishing. No way Moss doesn't make the HOF. If he waits at all, it will be FAR LESS than other receivers.

:lmao:
They think they own the franchise because they forked out hundreds of dollars for a piece of paper with the Packer insignia on it (that Nigerian scam has nothing on this one).So, excuse Packer fans if they are a tad bit defensive when it comes to one of the players they believe that they own.

They think they own the franchise because they forked out hundreds of dollars for a piece of paper with the Packer insignia on it (that Nigerian scam has nothing on this one).So, excuse Packer fans if they are a tad bit defensive when it comes to one of the players they believe that they own.

I'd rather be one of the best in the history of the league than one of the best in the history of a team. Not sure how this is even a discussion. And for the record, Driver wasn't much of a factor by the time GB won a SB, just as Randy wasn't much of a factor for SF so I don't see how that's relevant. WRs aren't measured by SBs like QBs are.

I'd rather be known for success despite long odds than failure despite outrageous talent. Both are very rich men. Both have had great careers. But let's face it, with Moss it will always be "what might have been."

I'd rather be known for success despite long odds than failure despite outrageous talent. Both are very rich men. Both have had great careers. But let's face it, with Moss it will always be "what might have been."
Moss will be in the HOF (the real one, not the Packer one). The only "might have been" is that he might have been the best of all time had he gotten his head out of his ####. But the mere fact that we are debating "what MIGHT have been" for a HOF player, should pretty much put this debate to rest.

Moss will be in the HOF (the real one, not the Packer one). The only "might have been" is that he might have been the best of all time had he gotten his head out of his ####. But the mere fact that we are debating "what MIGHT have been" for a HOF player, should pretty much put this debate to rest.
Maybe for a guy names "Underachievers" it does. Because that's exactly what Moss did during his career. Driver worked his way up from the bottom and became a World Champion.

Maybe for a guy names "Underachievers" it does. Because that's exactly what Moss did during his career. Driver worked his way up from the bottom and became a World Champion.
Moss: 982 receptions 15,292 yards 156 touchdowns Driver: 743 receptions 10,137 yards 61 touchdownsWhy have pocket tens when you can have pocket rockets?The question isn't "whose life would you rather have after football?" or "who achieved more with less?"

The melodrama over Driver in this thread is getting laid on extra, extra thick. In 2010, Driver accounted for 9% of GB's yardage and 6% of their scoring. He had 1 catch for 9 yards in the NFCC game and 2 catches for 28 yards in the SB. People can try to play on the CHAMPION angle all they want, but by the time the Packers won the SB, Driver was basically just-another-guy and not much more than a bit player.Over his career, Driver ranked in the Top 5 in receptions, yardage, or TD once in each category. He was a very good player, no doubt. But I find it ironic that some folks are saying Moss only set the single season TD record because he had a HOF QB . . . when Driver had Favre AND Rodgers throwing him the football.Put another way, Moss had 3 seasons better than Driver's best season in receptions, 6 seasons better than Driver's best season in yardage, and 9 seasons better than Driver's best seasson in TD. Favre is a lock HOFer and Rodgers is well on his way. We can only imagine what Moss would have done playing 14 seasons with HOF-caliber QBs. Yes, he had Brady for 2 years, but that's a far cry from Favre and Rodgers for an entire career.

I'd rather be one of the best in the history of the league than one of the best in the history of a team. Not sure how this is even a discussion. And for the record, Driver wasn't much of a factor by the time GB won a SB, just as Randy wasn't much of a factor for SF so I don't see how that's relevant. WRs aren't measured by SBs like QBs are.
2010Nelson 45 receptions

Jones 50 receptions

Driver 51 receptions

Nelson 582 yards

Jones 679 yards

Driver 565 yards

Nelson 2 TDs

Jones 5 TDs

Driver 4 TDs

I think people are remembering Jordy from 2011 and Jones from 2012 to claim that Driver was not playing much of a part in 2010.

Who cares how much of a factor Driver was in the Super Bowl...the fact is he still has a ring and Moss doesn't. Since winning a ring #1 goal for most NFL players its a huge factor on the Driver side of this debate.

The lady in the Green Bay ticket office has the same rags to riches story, and she also has a SB Ring that signifies a World Champion. So what is your point?

The melodrama over Driver in this thread is getting laid on extra, extra thick. In 2010, Driver accounted for 9% of GB's yardage and 6% of their scoring. He had 1 catch for 9 yards in the NFCC game and 2 catches for 28 yards in the SB. People can try to play on the CHAMPION angle all they want, but by the time the Packers won the SB, Driver was basically just-another-guy and not much more than a bit player.Over his career, Driver ranked in the Top 5 in receptions, yardage, or TD once in each category. He was a very good player, no doubt. But I find it ironic that some folks are saying Moss only set the single season TD record because he had a HOF QB . . . when Driver had Favre AND Rodgers throwing him the football.Put another way, Moss had 3 seasons better than Driver's best season in receptions, 6 seasons better than Driver's best season in yardage, and 9 seasons better than Driver's best seasson in TD. Favre is a lock HOFer and Rodgers is well on his way. We can only imagine what Moss would have done playing 14 seasons with HOF-caliber QBs. Yes, he had Brady for 2 years, but that's a far cry from Favre and Rodgers for an entire career.
Why don't you look at his overall numbers that year as I posted?BTW...he was hurt int he SB.He was right there with Jones and Nelson that year in receptions and yards and ahead of Nelson in TDs.And one of the best catches of his career came that season against SF.And we also can only imagine what Driver would have done with a HOF WR next to him for years like Moss had in Carter too right?

The lady in the Green Bay ticket office has the same rags to riches story, and she also has a SB Ring that signifies a World Champion. So what is your point?
And her ring is far different than what the players looks like so this argument of yours is downright foolish.That and she played little part in that season and getting there...and you all can try and claim the same for Driver but the numbers and the facts of that season show you to be incorrect.

2010Nelson 45 receptions

Jones 50 receptions

Driver 51 receptions

Nelson 582 yards

Jones 679 yards

Driver 565 yards

Nelson 2 TDs

Jones 5 TDs

Driver 4 TDs

I think people are remembering Jordy from 2011 and Jones from 2012 to claim that Driver was not playing much of a part in 2010.
Way to conveniently leave out Greg Jennings in 2010: 76 receptions 1,265 yards 12 TD

2010Nelson 45 receptions

Jones 50 receptions

Driver 51 receptions

Nelson 582 yards

Jones 679 yards

Driver 565 yards

Nelson 2 TDs

Jones 5 TDs

Driver 4 TDs

Way to conveniently leave out Greg Jennings in 2010: 76 receptions 1,265 yards 12 TD
Actually, it was not relevant to what I was pointing out. Someone said he was nothing but a #4 guy. When in fact he was #2 behind Jennings in receptions and with the other similarities they were pretty much 2a, b and c between the others.

2010Nelson 45 receptions

Jones 50 receptions

Driver 51 receptions

Nelson 582 yards

Jones 679 yards

Driver 565 yards

Nelson 2 TDs

Jones 5 TDs

Driver 4 TDs

Actually, it was not relevant to what I was pointing out. Someone said he was nothing but a #4 guy. When in fact he was #2 behind Jennings in receptions and with the other similarities they were pretty much 2a, b and c between the others.
It is relevant, Driver was just a guy. Brandon Jackson had 40+ receptions that season as well. Being a 2B or 2C doesn't matter, he wasn't the guy. He was in a series of 4 players that contributed, just like Randy Moss this past season.What also doesn't matter, what :homer: GB fans continually try to pump into this thread. Continually people have posted that it's a ridiculous conversation, yet you are blind to see. I'd just check the scoreboard if I was you.

2010Nelson 45 receptions

Jones 50 receptions

Driver 51 receptions

Nelson 582 yards

Jones 679 yards

Driver 565 yards

Nelson 2 TDs

Jones 5 TDs

Driver 4 TDs

It is relevant, Driver was just a guy. Brandon Jackson had 40+ receptions that season as well. Being a 2B or 2C doesn't matter, he wasn't the guy. He was in a series of 4 players that contributed, just like Randy Moss this past season.What also doesn't matter, what :homer: GB fans continually try to pump into this thread. Continually people have posted that it's a ridiculous conversation, yet you are blind to see. I'd just check the scoreboard if I was you.
Great...so Nelson and Jones (who are now going to be their #2 WRs) were just guys too right?Nobody was claiming he was the #1 guy in 2010. But people were claiming he was the #4 WR. Which does not really look into what he was really doing.

People forget because of this year that Jones looked way more on the way out around that time. I think its obvious that people are looking at where Jones and Nelson are now...and what Driver did this year and thinking it just must have been the same 2 years ago. The facts show that line of thinking is completely incorrect.

But you can just keep thinking its about being a homer...stats seem to show that its not a homer opinion to claim the guy played a pretty nice part in that season.

Yes, he was in a series of guys that were strong contributors to the team...far more than what Moss did this year (and I was never comparing it to this year for Moss anyway).

Moss had 28 receptions and was an afterthought for that team. He was basically used as a decoy. And thats on a team with really nothing after Crabtree at WR.

2010Nelson 45 receptions

Jones 50 receptions

Driver 51 receptions

Nelson 582 yards

Jones 679 yards

Driver 565 yards

Nelson 2 TDs

Jones 5 TDs

Driver 4 TDs

Actually, these stats kind of prove he was the #4 guy. Jennings clearly #1, the other 3 are tied making them either 2, 3 or 4. Doesn't matter what order.

Users who are viewing this thread