What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whose phone is ringing this morning? (1 Viewer)

Keyshawn Johnson?

Antonio Bryant?

Rod Gardner?

Clarence Moore?

Charles Rogers?

Marc Boerigter?

Ricky Proehl?

Az Hakim?

(Note: None of these are rumored pickups, I'm just speculating about available players who might be useful given the Colts' desperate WR need.)

Last edited by a moderator:
How did Indy's situation get more dire than the last few weeks?

Harrison is progressing towards a week 13 return.

Gonzalez returned to practice this week.

and Crap Thorpe has shown he is atleast better than Moorehead. Although that's not saying much! :sadbanana:

How is Moorehead on the team? I've never seen a player look so lost on the field. He must be nails in practice to still have a job.

Better yet, which phone is ringing RB wise. With all the injuries at RB lately there has to be someone getting calls.

Terence Wilkins immediately seems likely because of his history with the team.

Kevin Kasper?

David Kircus?

David Terrell?

Corey Bradford?

These guys seem like decent fits

Sigmunds call of Wilkins sounds good. He knows the syatem and can help in the return game. I doubt it would be a big name guy but more likely a warm body while they wait to get some receivers back.

How did Indy's situation get more dire than the last few weeks?Harrison is progressing towards a week 13 return.Gonzalez returned to practice this week.and Crap Thorpe has shown he is atleast better than Moorehead. Although that's not saying much! :popcorn:
Moorehead on IR now - one less body. Aromashadu has to get up to speed before they can run a good three wide, unless Gonzalez is ready to go tomorrow.

What happened to him last year? At one point he seemed on track to become the Pat's #1 and then I think he had a fumble and never got more than a target or two after that for a couple of games before he got released. Anyone know the story behind what really happened? (couldn't just be the one fumble could it?)

What's the deal with David Terrell? He never came close to living up to expectations...was it because of his hands, route running, attitude...all of the above?

Better yet, which phone is ringing RB wise. With all the injuries at RB lately there has to be someone getting calls.
Barlow and Lundy's names keep coming up, but the Dillon talk seems to have died down for now. Tony Fisher is a solid vet to plug in out there that can do some third down duty, as is Verron Haynes. I also think Quincy Wilson could surprise if given a shot, and I've always liked Derrick Wimbush. There's also always the out and out busts like Tony Hollings and Eric Shelton.

What happened to him last year? At one point he seemed on track to become the Pat's #1 and then I think he had a fumble and never got more than a target or two after that for a couple of games before he got released. Anyone know the story behind what really happened? (couldn't just be the one fumble could it?)
Had to be something behind the scenes. Pats seem like a pretty strong organization about being committed to doing things "their way". They didnt care that they gave up a draft pick for Gabriel.

It's too bad the trade deadline is past. Antonio Cromartie seemed to be able to catch passes from Manning better than anyone not named Wayne.

How did Indy's situation get more dire than the last few weeks?Harrison is progressing towards a week 13 return.Gonzalez returned to practice this week.and Crap Thorpe has shown he is atleast better than Moorehead. Although that's not saying much! :goodposting:
Moorehead on IR now - one less body. Aromashadu has to get up to speed before they can run a good three wide, unless Gonzalez is ready to go tomorrow.
Bloom, it looks like Gonzo is back this week. And even though it is one less body, I consider Moorehead a waste of roster space as it was. All he did was go :reche: when he was needed.I'd rather see Standeford and Thorpe split time until Harrison gets back. Standeford is currently on the practice squad.

How did Indy's situation get more dire than the last few weeks?Harrison is progressing towards a week 13 return.Gonzalez returned to practice this week.and Crap Thorpe has shown he is atleast better than Moorehead. Although that's not saying much! :cry:
Bloom, it looks like Gonzo is back this week. And even though it is one less body, I consider Moorehead a waste of roster space as it was. All he did was go :reche: when he was needed.I'd rather see Standeford and Thorpe split time until Harrison gets back. Standeford is currently on the practice squad.
:football: I was thinking the same thing.. Reche all over again. I will have to go watch some more film of him it always makes me feel good.

According to a caller on ESPN 810 in KC, he was on the same place coming into KC yesterday as RB Marcus O'Keith, a RB who was in training camp with KC. He said that Carl Peterson called him and wanted him to come work out and if he looks okay, to go on the roster.

Take it for what it is worth, but I figured I would pass it along

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/marcus_okeith/

Strange enough that my mind went to David Terrell. I'm surprised others thought of him.

He was probably better than Justin Gage (for whatever that's worth), and Gage is obviously still playing.

Bloom, it looks like Gonzo is back this week. And even though it is one less body, I consider Moorehead a waste of roster space as it was. All he did was go :reche: when he was needed.

I'd rather see Standeford and Thorpe split time until Harrison gets back. Standeford is currently on the practice squad.
No he's not. The Colts released Standeford on September 1 after he ran out of practice squad eligibility.
Code:
COLTS PRACTICE SQUADBetts, Josh   QB 6-2 217 08/25/1982 1 Miami (Ohio) Chapman, Kory   RB 6-1 202 07/13/1980 2 Jacksonville State Ishola, Ben   DE 6-3 248 06/08/1980 1 Indiana Jones, Onrea   WR 5-11 202 12/22/1983 R Hampton Robinson, Gijon   TE 6-1 255 10/12/1984 R Missouri Western State Shelton, Trent   WR 6-0 202 09/21/1984 R Baylor Wilder, Sam  T 6-5 300 01/10/1982 1 Colorado

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloom, it looks like Gonzo is back this week. And even though it is one less body, I consider Moorehead a waste of roster space as it was. All he did was go :reche: when he was needed.

I'd rather see Standeford and Thorpe split time until Harrison gets back. Standeford is currently on the practice squad.
No he's not. The Colts released Standeford on September 1 after he ran out of practice squad eligibility.
Code:
COLTS PRACTICE SQUADBetts, Josh   QB 6-2 217 08/25/1982 1 Miami (Ohio) Chapman, Kory   RB 6-1 202 07/13/1980 2 Jacksonville State Ishola, Ben   DE 6-3 248 06/08/1980 1 Indiana Jones, Onrea   WR 5-11 202 12/22/1983 R Hampton Robinson, Gijon   TE 6-1 255 10/12/1984 R Missouri Western State Shelton, Trent   WR 6-0 202 09/21/1984 R Baylor Wilder, Sam  T 6-5 300 01/10/1982 1 Colorado
I stand corrected. Thanks for the update. I knew his eligibility was close but I didn't realize it ran out at the start of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread