What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why do people fall for the "Wild Card" teams will (1 Viewer)

:( well if it's any consolation my pocket is A LOT lighter than $40. :wall: Leave it to THIS year for the trend to break down. :wall:Cheers
Too bad I couldn't bet on a double upset in the NFC, as I predicted!This would fill my wallet :D

:( well if it's any consolation my pocket is A LOT lighter than $40. :wall: Leave it to THIS year for the trend to break down. :wall:Cheers
Yesterday cost me my most of my winnings from the previous week.Mostly because the Pats/Titans game was 17-14 instead of the 20-17/24-14 game I thought it'd be. Yeah - it was the dang T/P O/U that killed me - hopefully I'll get it back today. In all fairness to JayWoo, while he DID bring up the point about the NFC home team v. the spread, it was for illustration regarding the home teams, not advice on the bets to make. I thought the NFC home teams would win, tioo - but I thought all the dog bets looked good - and they were.I went mostly with the homers today, though - and a "hedge" that included a parlay on the Pack "team of destiny." If the Chiefs game doesn't go the way I thought it would, I lose all my winnings, but break even. If that game goes as I think it will - high scoring, Chiefs winning - I will win some nice money again this weekend. The dogs today look good, too - not necessarily to win, but teasing both dogs (Indy +9, Pack +11) looks like a very safe bet. I still think both KC and Philly win their games outright, which would hold true to the home teams winning the Divisional round games.

After the Pack scored a TD to go up by 14 on Philly, I had this scary thought.Three wildcard teams would have won the second round!

After the Pack scored a TD to go up by 14 on Philly, I had this scary thought.Three wildcard teams would have won the second round!
The wildcard teams were Dallas, Seattle, Denver, and Tennessee.

I'll take the dogs except for Carolina ATS this weekend. And on Sunday night, I'll be here telling Wood he was right. :bag:
I take one fav, and see what happens? :D Hope Philly wins w/a FG or GB wins to go 3-1 this weekend. WIth the only loss probably the only one I bet the same as Wood. ;)

So all 4 underdogs covered the spread or won outright. I told ya, it just "feels" different this year, the beneficial aspect of playing at home is outweighed by the drawbacks in the matchups.From my initial thoughts on next weeks games... Indy matches up pretty good against NE and Carolina DEFINATELY matches up well against Philly. Depending on the health status of stephen davis and the line that is given to the visitors, I'd almost call it a lock that both cover or win outright next week.... it's been a weird playoff!

So all 4 underdogs covered the spread or won outright. I told ya, it just "feels" different this year, the beneficial aspect of playing at home is outweighed by the drawbacks in the matchups.From my initial thoughts on next weeks games... Indy matches up pretty good against NE and Carolina DEFINATELY matches up well against Philly. Depending on the health status of stephen davis and the line that is given to the visitors, I'd almost call it a lock that both cover or win outright next week.... it's been a weird playoff!
Everyone is saying CAR needs Stephen Davis, but IMO I think Foster is the better RB there, it would definitely be beneficial for CAR to be able to use both RB's in that game, not sure if that will happen though.

So all 4 underdogs covered the spread or won outright.

I told ya, it just "feels" different this year, the beneficial aspect of playing at home is outweighed by the drawbacks in the matchups.

From my initial thoughts on next weeks games... Indy matches up pretty good against NE and Carolina DEFINATELY matches up well against Philly. Depending on the health status of stephen davis and the line that is given to the visitors, I'd almost call it a lock that both cover or win outright next week.

... it's been a weird playoff!
Well, just goes to show you that Trends are Trends until They're NotNo question about it, I'll eat plenty of crow here, I didn't see things playing out this way. Even the Colts, who'd I mentioned as the one upset I could see happening, I didn't end up playing that way. But I can tell you this. I'll go 0-4 on Divisional Weekend each and every year if the fates allow my Birds to pull off a victory the way they did last night in exchange! :thumbup: :excited: :thumbup:

Cheers

Went two and two and won a little small change. Was really hoping for a TD in the last drive of the Philly game, that would have been sweet. Once I knew Vincent was out, laid less money on the birds. IMHO this week was the last time I can remember the divisionals being so exciting.

I just picked all favs vs the spread in my pool. The same pool I won during the regular season.After reading this thread Jason makes a strong case for home teams. My initial instinct was to pick all dogs (except for STL), but you cant argue with history... I might be cursing come Sunday night though.
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: 0-4

Users who are viewing this thread