What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is Ryan Torain listed as the #16 back on Footballguys Cheatsheets? (1 Viewer)

wholligans

Footballguy
I thought Torain is out for the year? If he is out for the year, why the heck is he listed as the #16 back this week here on Footballguys?

16. [P] Ryan Torain - DEN at CLE

Week 10 Cheatsheets

Updated 11/8 at 11:18pm ET by David Dodds, Exclusive to Footballguys.com

Can someone post David Dodds e-mail. Their contact page has a link, but not the actual e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm, seriously?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the ranking for THIS WEEK were done before Thursday night's game and therefore BEFORE Torain got hurt. Also, he actually performed pretty well against Cleveland despite getting injured, so the #16 ranking seems about right.

Seriously? Wow!

It's because that was his ranking for this week...before the game was played. If Dodds were to change it or remove it from his updated rankings it would look like an effort to make his rankings look better.

Next weeks rankings are when you won't see Torain.

ETA: dodds@footballguys.com if you really want to send that email.

Dodds historically has not changed projections for guys after their games have been played. He probably feels it wouldn't be intellectually honest, for example, to suddenly bump Winslow up in the rankings after his game on Thursday. Players keep the "projections" they had, no matter what happens in the game. So, Torain's injury doesn't affect this week's rank, just his value going forward.

Dodds historically has not changed projections for guys after their games have been played. He probably feels it wouldn't be intellectually honest, for example, to suddenly bump Winslow up in the rankings after his game on Thursday. Players keep the "projections" they had, no matter what happens in the game. So, Torain's injury doesn't affect this week's rank, just his value going forward.
This makes sense, but how about a strike through or some kind of note in the updated cheatsheet. He did update on Sat. night. Oh well, I will contact David with my comments.

Seriously? Wow!It's because that was his ranking for this week...before the game was played. If Dodds were to change it or remove it from his updated rankings it would look like an effort to make his rankings look better. Next weeks rankings are when you won't see Torain.ETA: dodds@footballguys.com if you really want to send that email.
Thanks for the e-mail address.

This makes sense, but how about a strike through or some kind of note in the updated cheatsheet. He did update on Sat. night. Oh well, I will contact David with my comments.
:whoosh:

What good would that do? Its not like anyone can add or remove him from their lineup at this point.

If you contact him could you ask him to put a strike through all the players as they finish their games?

Yes this is it. This is where I projected the Cleveland and Denver guys before the Thursday game. To change them now AFTER the game is pointless.

Yes this is it. This is where I projected the Cleveland and Denver guys before the Thursday game. To change them now AFTER the game is pointless. We would have to manually add a strike-through and that would be almost impossible to do on Sunday when we change the projections a lot based on the news (and cheatsheets are derived from these projections).

If you contact him could you ask him to put a strike through all the players as they finish their games?
Perhaps, at halftime, he could strike through their first name and then as the game concludes the whole name would be striken. Like a progress bar so we know how close their game is to being over because everyone can set their lineups as games are in progress right ? what? oh nevermind then.

Why, are you worried you might start Torrain on Sunday if it's not made clear?

Im thinking if they redo the rankings for each week after all of the games are played, they could increase their accuracy rating dramatically. :mellow:

My best guess is that this is a fishing attempt because he truely can't be that clueless.

Member No.: 30559

:coffee:

im guessing they have him pegged for about 68 rushing yards an d a TD..... which would put him about 16th given an uptick in runnighback scoring they are expecting this week. :confused:

I thought Torain is out for the year? If he is out for the year, why the heck is he listed as the #16 back this week here on Footballguys? 16. [P] Ryan Torain - DEN at CLE Week 10 CheatsheetsUpdated 11/8 at 11:18pm ET by David Dodds, Exclusive to Footballguys.comCan someone post David Dodds e-mail. Their contact page has a link, but not the actual e-mail.
:thumbup:

Ookie Pringle said:
Phurfur said:
Ookie Pringle said:
My best guess is that this is a fishing attempt because he truely can't be that clueless.Joined: 7-November 07Member No.: 30559 :blackdot:
Fishing for what?????
For the reactions in this thread.
Sorry I don't get it! Why would someone fish for comments about them being stupid? Fishing does not apply here although that is a popular excuse for people posting dumb topics.

footballnerd said:
wholligans said:
apalmer said:
Why, are you worried you might start Torrain on Sunday if it's not made clear?
Hahaha, ZING!

I'm glad I'm not the only one to have ever made this mistake. I made this goof last year after a Thursday game and got bombed on as well. At the time it seemed to make sense but looking back now it makes sense. I started a QB that was ranked in the top 5 on the cheatsheet and the guy put up 2 points but come Saturday he was still ranked at the same spot. I was like WTF!?! How can this guy still be ranked this high? I can see how there would be a little confusion. I also see now why it's best to just leave him at the ranking or else it looks like someones trying to cover their butts.

I just checked our league results, and Ryan Torain was the 17th RB in terms of point production.

Can't you do any better than that, Dodds?

Sheeesh.

So, Jammy, are you saying that I shouldn't start BJGE this weekend??? But he's my second-ranked RB according to FBGs!

Users who are viewing this thread