What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will That Dog Hunt? 2023 Redraft Version (win-now dynasty ok, too) (1 Viewer)

12 team 0.5 PPR Auction Draft
1QB-2WR-2RB-1FLX-1TE

QB: Justin Fields
RB: CMC, D.Pierce, Penny, Gainswell, Mitchell, Perine, Chandler, Spears
WR: G.Wilson, J.Waddle, C.Watson
TE: TJ Hockenson

Ended up picking a few players that I didn't expect which meant I had to adapt strategies to a studs-and-duds approach and chose to take RB fliers at the end since there were a few teams stacking them. Will drop one for bye week fillers.
Will hunt

12 team 1 pt ppr 1 flex
keep 1 player from after 3rd rd last year

I knew going in I’d be in trouble at wr if I took Kelce in the 1st. I wasn’t wrong

Cousins

Pollard (kept rd 5)
Mattison

Kirk
M Williams

Kelce

Gibbs/Waller

Dicker
Cowboys

Gabe Davis
Jameson Williams
Burks
Penny
Vaughn
Dowdle

Long time local league low stakes $50, draft is always a blast, pregamed for a few hours before :oldunsure:
Should hunt Kelce/Pollard is a 1-2 punch. Mattison as your RB2 is…a way to go, I guess. :shrug:

Might hunt. ya need some lucky breaks. Like Williams to stay healthy.
😬

12 team keep 8. QB/RB/WR/Flex/Flex/Flex/TE/K/TeamD. Heavy, heavy Team D premium (a zero for a TDEF is a good score for the week, average of -10ppg for a good DEF)

QB: Fields, Carr, Purdy
RB: Henry, Mattison, Pacheco, Dalvin, Gainwell
WR: Tyreek, Cooks, Sutton, M Thomas, Pickens, Osborn
TE: Andrews, Chig
K: Koo
TDEF: DAL, CLE
Huntin dog right here.

12 team 1 pt ppr 1 flex
keep 1 player from after 3rd rd last year

I knew going in I’d be in trouble at wr if I took Kelce in the 1st. I wasn’t wrong

Cousins

Pollard (kept rd 5)
Mattison

Kirk
M Williams

Kelce

Gibbs/Waller

Dicker
Cowboys

Gabe Davis
Jameson Williams
Burks
Penny
Vaughn
Dowdle

Long time local league low stakes $50, draft is always a blast, pregamed for a few hours before :oldunsure:

I can't for the life of me figure out who you drafted 2nd though. Mattison?!
:bag:

:lol:

What happened in the 2nd/3rd/4th
Obviously I’m a little higher on Mattison than most

Mattison
Gibbs
Waller

Understood. I think your problem was that you went RB/RB/Backup TE when you needed to pick up 1-2 WRs there.

I like Gibbs more than most but he obviously has some risk. I'm okay with Mattison too, but you didn't need BOTH in that turn. You're in a PPR league and WRs can be just as good as RB3s in the flex. I'm sure there was a quality WR there. If I'm reading this right, you took a backup TE before your first WR? Maybe look at trading Waller + one of your WRs for a higher tier WR?

Overall... you're going to need a little luck and roster management to hunt BUT you've got a lot of players that COULD pay off with high upside like Gibbs, Gabe, and Williams.

If I'm reading this right, you took a backup TE before your first WR? Maybe look at trading Waller + one of your WRs for a higher tier WR?
Ya
I’m high on Waller this yr obviously. And I can start him at flex

And yeah, I’ll be putting him on the market

I just can’t get excited about a lot of WRs this year after rd 2 or so of this draft. WRs went early and often. And obviously done we’re kept

It’ll work out, WW is where I usually make/break my season

Halfway through a 6-Keeper rebuild. 12 team, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR Flex. No PPR, long TD bonus

QB: Howell, Love, Murray, R Wilson, S Clifford
RB: Bijan, Breece Hall, Mattison, Allgeier, Warren, Ty Chandler, Z White, Abanikandi
WR: AR St Brown, C Watson, T McLaurin, A Cooper, D Johnson, T Burks, M Mims, P Nukua
K: McPherson

Figure I need Breece to return to form and 8 weeks of QB1 from Murray to have a shot.

12 team full PPR, 1-2-2-1-flex, out of the 10 spot:

Richardson Goff

Chubb Gibbs Pierce Bigsby Spears

Lamb Lockett Dotson G Davis Toney

Hockenson Engram

Koo

Ravens

The QBs are pretty risky though the scoring system greatly favors running QBs

Last edited:
12 team .5 ppr
QB: Watson, Pickett
RB: McCafery, Hall, Kamera, Charbonnett, Harris
WR: Waddle, Higgins, Lockett, Dotson, Collins, Jones
TE: Kincaid
K: Tucker
D: NE

3 WR+Flex

Last edited:
Just did a 10 man half ppr 2 flex league.

QB Lawrence
WR Chase
WR Adams
RB Najee
RB Jk dobbins
TE Pitts
2xFlex/bench: Deebo, Brian Robinson, Pickens, Jonathan Taylor, Allegeir, Spears, Sean Tucker, Kendre Miller, Skyy Moore

Halfway through a 6-Keeper rebuild. 12 team, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR Flex. No PPR, long TD bonus

RB: Bijan, Breece Hall, Mattison, Allgeier, Warren, Ty Chandler, Z White, Abanikandi
WR: AR St Brown, C Watson, T McLaurin, A Cooper, D Johnson, T Burks, M Mims, P Nukua

Figure I need Breece to return to form and 8 weeks of QB1 from Murray to have a shot.
Keeper leagues are a whole different beast, right?? I love them because there is an element of dynasty AND redraft.
That said, you're gonna struggle at QB unless Russ returns to SEA form and Murray comes back quickly.
Borderline hunter right now. I'd trade McLaurin/Cooper and Mattison plus to move up in QB land. Guys like Goff can be had for cheap and will put up starter numbers.

Keeper leagues are a whole different beast, right?? I love them because there is an element of dynasty AND redraft.
That said, you're gonna struggle at QB unless Russ returns to SEA form and Murray comes back quickly.
Borderline hunter right now. I'd trade McLaurin/Cooper and Mattison plus to move up in QB land. Guys like Goff can be had for cheap and will put up starter numbers.
Sam Howell is going to carry that team on his shoulders & legs.

I don't have a ton of faith in Howell, mainly because i watched nearly every game he played in college. Maybe the Commanders got a steal, but my guess is he projects to QB24 or so. Good value as a late round grab, but not enough to keep you in a 12 team SF playoff hunt.

I don't have a ton of faith in Howell, mainly because i watched nearly every game he played in college. Maybe the Commanders got a steal, but my guess is he projects to QB24 or so. Good value as a late round grab, but not enough to keep you in a 12 team SF playoff hunt.
I think you’re wildly underestimating him based on what I’ve seen in preseason.

And when Terry McLaurin is raving about his ability I start to pay even more attention.

FF I tbink he’s top 18, and for all the hype about Pickett I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Howell finish ahead in FF.

Definitely good enough to anchor a championship SF in 14+ team leagues as a QB2, and likely in 12 teamers as well.

Goff was a keeper, 21 QBs in total were kept. Great league, we went keep 5 in 2001 and have 9 of the same 12 in it now.
Quite honestly, we're all just donating our money to the guy who kept Allen/Hurts; Jacobs/Walker; Jefferson/Diggs, but what can you do?

Goff was a keeper, 21 QBs in total were kept. Great league, we went keep 5 in 2001 and have 9 of the same 12 in it now.
Quite honestly, we're all just donating our money to the guy who kept Allen/Hurts; Jacobs/Walker; Jefferson/Diggs, but what can you do?
Goff is an example, but there are guys out there who's 'value' in SF are relatively low who will put up low QB1 / high QB2 numbers all season. Guys like Carr and Goff are good examples. They aren't the big names, so often you can trade for one of them for minimal loss of assets.
GL with your keeper. Ours is 25 years old and we've had no turnover. Most of us have won the 'ship at least once in that time. Even with keeper, you'll have crazy injuries that ruin a competing team for the season, so it always worth the WW churn even if you're putting up a middling team at the moment.

i'll take my licks. 12 team redraft standard ppr. qb/rb/wr/te/3flex/k/d

QB: geno, daniel jones
RB: bijan, cook, sanders, deon jackson
WR: amon st brown, dk metcalf, kupp, juedy, njiba, odell, zay jones, mingo
TE: hockenson
K: matt gay
NE

NE
Seems very good to me. QB a risk but not bad.

12 team keep 8. QB/RB/WR/Flex/Flex/Flex/TE/K/TeamD. Heavy, heavy Team D premium (a zero for a TDEF is a good score for the week, average of -10ppg for a good DEF)

hunter. little light on RB. why 3 QBs?

hunter. little light on RB. why 3 QBs?
Good question! Fields was a keeper. Carr was a 12th round insurance policy and Purdy was a late round wildcard who could be decent trade bait if he starts producing like he did last season.

12 team half PPR 2RB 2WR 1flex

Burrow, Goff
Hall, Pacheco, Herbert, Achane, Warren
Hill, Adams, JSN, Kirk, Doubs
Andrews
Miami
Dicker

12 team - PPR - QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K

QB: J. Allen, A. Richardson
RB: K. Walker III, D. Montgomery, B. Hall, J. Warren, S. Perine
WR: T. Hill, AJ Brown, D. London, J. Dotson, E. Moore
TE: T. Higbee, J. Ferguson
D/ST: Dallas Cowboys
K: McManus

14 team - PPR - QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: C. McCaffrey, D. Swift, S. Perine, D. Achane, T. Allgeier, D. Singletary, K. Hunt
WR: G. Wilson, C. Ridley, J. Dotson, G. Pickens
TE: G. Everett
D/ST: Baltimore Ravens
K: None yet

12 team PPR. Start Qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/te/ flex/d/k

Qb - Josh Allen
Rb - Mixon, R White
Wr - Waddle, Keenan Allen
Te- Pitts
Flex - I Pacheco or B Cooks
D - Panthers
K - Carlson

Home league 12 teams
Ppr. Q-RR-WW-T-FF-K-D
Hurts
Chubb, Dobbins
Lamb, Lockett, Williams, Dotson
Andrews
Was vs Ari streaming D
Dicker

Brian Rob, Charbs, Warren, Perine, Spears, Okonkwo

Just send me the trophy now. Amirite??

Just finished my 12 team PPR redraft league. In my defense, had open heart surgery 9 days ago, was kinda loopy plus its so hard for me to get out of dynasty mode...anyway, we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 reg flex.

Lawrence, D. Jones
Bijan Robinson, Gibbs, JT (he fell to the 7.8 pick!) Gibson, Roshon Johnson
Olave, London, Zay Flowers, Burks, Doubs, Campbell
Waller, LaPorta
Commanders
Sanders

Any chance i can hunt or just too young??

I haven't played in a 10-team league in forever, so I have no idea if this dog will hunt. Feels like a Huntin' dog. I was at 1.05, so stuck right in the middle.

Went in with a plan of Kelce at 5, but then Chase inexplicably fell to 5 when Mahomes went 4, and I just couldn't pass that up. This league has a big bonus at 300 PaYd so people go nuts for QBs. 8 QBs were off the board by the end of the 4th, so I just went freefall. Fields was there in the 6th, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I have him in 3 leagues - feeling overexposed, and I liked the way it worked out.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O-FL, 1 D/ST, 1 K
PPR, bonuses for 300+PaYd, 100+Ru/Re Yd, -3 Int, -2 FL

QB - Goff, Carr
RB - Pierce, Akers, J.Cook, K.Herbert, J.Warren, Spears
WR - Chase, Lamb, ARSB, Ridley, N.Collins, M.Thomas
TE - Hockenson, LaPorta
D/ST - TBD, but I picked Miami
K - McPherson

:shrug:

ETA: my receiving room is potentially ridiculous. lol
ETA-ETA: Week 7 is gonna suuuuck - I lose Pierce, Chace, & Lamb. Week 9 I lose Ridley, ARSB, & Goff.

Last edited:
Just finished my 12 team PPR redraft league. In my defense, had open heart surgery 9 days ago, was kinda loopy plus its so hard for me to get out of dynasty mode...anyway, we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 reg flex.

Lawrence, D. Jones
Waller, LaPorta
Commanders
Sanders

I love this team. WR is the only area that you're youth reliance might hurt you but they're all guys I like :)

I haven't played in a 10-team league in forever, so I have no idea if this dog will hunt. Feels like a Huntin' dog. I was at 1.05, so stuck right in the middle.

Went in with a plan of Kelce at 5, but then Chase inexplicably fell to 5 when Mahomes went 4, and I just couldn't pass that up. This league has a big bonus at 300 PaYd so people go nuts for QBs. 8 QBs were off the board by the end of the 4th, so I just went freefall. Fields was there in the 6th, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I have him in 3 leagues - feeling overexposed, and I liked the way it worked out.

QB - Goff, Carr
TE - Hockenson, LaPorta
K - McPherson

ETA-ETA: Week 7 is gonna suuuuck - I lose Pierce, Chace, & Lamb. Week 9 I lose Ridley, ARSB, & Goff.
I think with 10 team leagues, especially 6pt passing TD leagues, you're gonna struggle with this roster. I LOVE Goff in SF as a cheap, high producing QB2 (same with Carr) but in a 10 team league you'll be in a hole at QB that will be hard to overcome. Also, you don't have a legit RB1 (1-10) and will struggle to have 2 guys in the RB2 range. In a start 2RB league, that's another hole that you'll need to overcome.

12 team - PPR - QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K

QB: J. Allen, A. Richardson
RB: K. Walker III, D. Montgomery, B. Hall, J. Warren, S. Perine
WR: T. Hill, AJ Brown, D. London, J. Dotson, E. Moore
TE: T. Higbee, J. Ferguson
D/ST: Dallas Cowboys
K: McManus

14 team - PPR - QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: C. McCaffrey, D. Swift, S. Perine, D. Achane, T. Allgeier, D. Singletary, K. Hunt
WR: G. Wilson, C. Ridley, J. Dotson, G. Pickens
TE: G. Everett
D/ST: Baltimore Ravens
K: None yet
2x hunters

12 team PPR. Start Qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/te/ flex/d/k

Qb - Josh Allen
Rb - Mixon, R White
Wr - Waddle, Keenan Allen
Te- Pitts
Flex - I Pacheco or B Cooks
D - Panthers
K - Carlson
without seeing the backups, I think you're too thin at RB and WR for a 18 week season. Non-hunter without more information.

Lawrence, D. Jones
Waller, LaPorta
Commanders
Sanders

awful young, but if the 2nd year guys and BIjan/Gibbs can step up, I think you hunt. TLaw is my spicy take as a lock for top 5 QB this year.

10 team superflex, PPR, start QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K/D/Superflex/Flex at RB/WR/TE,

QB - Lawerence, G Smith, Purdy, Darnold
RB - Ekeler, Mixon, R White, Gibson, Gainwell
WR - Diggs, Lockett, M Brown, Jeudy, Smith-Schuster, Lazard
TE - Hockenson, Schultz
K - Carlson
D - BUF, KC

QB - Goff, Carr
TE - Hockenson, LaPorta
K - McPherson

I think with 10 team leagues, especially 6pt passing TD leagues, you're gonna struggle with this roster. I LOVE Goff in SF as a cheap, high producing QB2 (same with Carr) but in a 10 team league you'll be in a hole at QB that will be hard to overcome. Also, you don't have a legit RB1 (1-10) and will struggle to have 2 guys in the RB2 range. In a start 2RB league, that's another hole that you'll need to overcome.
I can see how you’d think that.

But here’s the thing: there’s a 300+ passing bonus of 10 points.

And a 100+ RuYd of 5 points

Goff is more capable of the passing bonus than Fields & LJax.

I went WR x4 - I expected my RBs to be a little subpar. I think I have 4x RB2. I don’t see the struggle there.

And my WRs blow away every other team. It’s not close. I should make up plenty of points there.

Appreciate the feedback.

QB - Goff, Carr
TE - Hockenson, LaPorta
K - McPherson

For a 10 teamer those rbs are rough. Should hunt a bit

Something’s gotta give when you go Chase ~> Lamb ~> ARSB right?

I feel like Pierce is underrated. Akers a volume play. With Ridley too I’ll be flexing a WR 90% of the season - think some combo of 2 of Pierce, Cook, Akers, Herbert will be fine.

You expected great RB to fall to the 6-7-8 rounds? :shrug:

Last edited:
Standard scoring, no PPR. Defense will be streaming. The top tier WR's were gone before my 1st pick so went with old school RB strategy, which also worked for me last year.

1. (10) Derrick Henry (Ten - RB)
2. (15) Josh Jacobs (LV - RB)
3. (34) Lamar Jackson (Bal - QB)
4. (39) Deebo Samuel (SF - WR)
5. (58) Christian Watson (GB - WR)
6. (63) Rachaad White (TB - RB)
7. (82) Mike Evans (TB - WR)
8. (87) Isiah Pacheco (KC - RB)
9. (106) Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
10. (111) Anthony Richardson (Ind - QB)
11. (130) Chigoziem Okonkwo (Ten - TE)
12. (135) Dalton Schultz (Hou - TE)
13. (154) Odell Beckham Jr. (Bal - WR)
14. (159) Jake Elliott (Phi - K)
15. (178) Zay Jones (Jax - WR)
16. (183) Van Jefferson (LAR - WR)
17. (202) Roschon Johnson (Chi - RB)
18. (207) Jacksonville (Jax - DEF)

Something’s gotta give when you go Chase ~> Lamb ~> ARSB right?

I feel like Pierce is underrated. Akers a volume play. With Ridley too I’ll be flexing a WR 90% of the season - think some combo of 2 of Pierce, Cook, Akers, Herbert will be fine.

You expected great RB to fall to the 6-7-8 rounds? :shrug:
I saw what you did. And I agree with your thoughts. Pierce is on Houston. It gives one pause. do mine upthread. 😂

Pierce is on Houston. It gives one pause.
Yeah, I mean - he’s also a volume play. He’s seen like 85+% of the rushing & has been in on 80+% of the passing downs this preseason - I’ve never been a Pierce guy, and I believe HOU won’t be good. But he’s gonna be a fine FF play.

But it was also strategic. All I need to do is cobble together 2x RB2 types from those 4. Since I have them all about the same I can play matchups every week at RB. And the 5 point 100+ yard bonus fixes a lot of weaknesses. ;)

We’ll see how it goes. It was my last draft of the year & I took some risks. Maybe they’ll pay off.

But my 3rd WR is better than 1/2 the league’s WR1s, so…

NE
Assuming James Cook, I like it. Dalvin, not as much.

Solid receiving corps - you need Kupp & Jeudy to make quick comebacks. Hock is rock solid, and you went QB late - I like it.

This is a hunting dog.

Last edited:
Standard scoring, no PPR. Defense will be streaming. The top tier WR's were gone before my 1st pick so went with old school RB strategy, which also worked for me last year.

Dislike. Don't think that Henry/Jacobs is a great return on the 10/15 spots, Lamar seems early, and I don't think I want any piece of any of your receivers at the spots you took them, I'm low on all of your top three and don't think the remainder have any discernable upside. I'm curious as to who went 11-14 as I think I go a different direction for sure (was able to get Hill/Adams from the same draft spot yesterday)

Dislike. Don't think that Henry/Jacobs is a great return on the 10/15 spots, Lamar seems early, and I don't think I want any piece of any of your receivers at the spots you took them, I'm low on all of your top three and don't think the remainder have any discernable upside. I'm curious as to who went 11-14 as I think I go a different direction for sure (was able to get Hill/Adams from the same draft spot yesterday)
Adams and Diggs were available but I'm not as high on them as you are. Thank you for the feedback!

Lawrence, D. Jones
Waller, LaPorta
Commanders
Sanders

Potential huntin dog. If JT comes back and delivers it’ll be a jackpot.

all that aside, congrats on still being alive. What a f****n boss to come out of that and draft 9 days later. Hell yeah.

I guess it’s good you didn’t have toooo good a draft, you probably can’t take that level of excitement Just yet? lol

Huntin dog. And best of luck for a continued successful recovery. ❤️

Pierce is on Houston. It gives one pause.
Yeah, I mean - he’s also a volume play. He’s seen like 85+% of the rushing & has been in on 80+% of the passing downs this preseason - I’ve never been a Pierce guy, and I believe HOU won’t be good. But he’s gonna be a fine FF play.

But it was also strategic. All I need to do is cobble together 2x RB2 types from those 4. Since I have them all about the same I can play matchups every week at RB. And the 5 point 100+ yard bonus fixes a lot of weaknesses. ;)

We’ll see how it goes. It was my last draft of the year & I took some risks. Maybe they’ll pay off.

But my 3rd WR is better than 1/2 the league’s WR1s, so…
I said I agreed with you. 😂😂

Pierce just gives me pause. I shy away from terrible teams. What’s Houston gonna score on average this year? Low 20s

NE
Assuming James Cook, I like it. Dalvin, not as much.

Solid receiving corps - you need Kupp & Jeudy to make quick comebacks. Hock is rock solid, and you went QB late - I like it.

This is a hunting dog.
Yes, james

12 Team Superflex and Flex PPR
Big starting lineups
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
Superflex (QB/RB/WR)
Flex (RB/WR/TE)
TE

Richardson
Purdy
Howell

Walker
Gibson
Swift
Charbonnet
Mostert

Jefferson
Garret Wilson
Dotson
Burks
Lockett
Aiyuk

Juwan Johnson

Will this dog hunt

I just participated in my third ever auction draft. 12 team superflex 0.5ppr league. 4 point passing tds, 6pt rushing, receiving tds.

My typical starting lineup

QB- Dak Prescott
RB-Rhomondre stevenson
RB-David Montgomery
WR-ceedee lamb
WR-Amon Ra st. Brown
WR/TE- Travis kelce
TE-mark Andrews
Flex- Teri mcLauren
OP-jared Goff
DST- the falcons—but will stream
Kicker- Jason Sanders

Bench
Gus edwards
tyler algier
alan lazard
Elijah mitchell
zamir white
kadarious toney

Overall—I admit that I made a massive rookie mistake. I overspent towards the middle rounds and because of this—I missed out on some nice deals at RB towards the end. My team has two glaring holes—I only have 2 qbs, and my running back situation is a question mark at best. Because of the ability to be able to start two tight ends (or three if a qb is on bye week)—I felt like kelce and Andrews could give me a big weekly advantage for a position that is pretty scarce when it comes to elite players. The qb’s in our draft ended up going for consistently crazy money. All 30 qb’s were drafted (including both kyler Murray and colt mccoy). I love my TE’s, I also really like my WR’s, and I think my qb’s are adequate—-I‘m hoping at least average. I did end up with two stacks (dak+lamb, and Goff and St brown). My running back situation plain sucks. If Toney or Lazard have strong starts, I think I might look to flip one into an RB somehow. Overall, I think that my team is probably middle of the pack or a little lower unless I get lucky (as well as do a great job managing it).
Any team with Kelce, ARSB, Lamb, & Andrews will hunt. I think Goff is underrated this year & is the ideal QB freefall candidate. Dak will be decent if not spectacular.

I think it hunts. If Monty/RS outplay their ADP & stay healthy, especially so.

Your lack of depth at RB disturbs me.
/Vader

Users who are viewing this thread