What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will this be the worst game of all time? (1 Viewer)

WampusCat43

Footballguy
Dec. 28, this year, Kansas City at Cincinnati. Blowing snow, empty stadium, two teams with probably no more than two wins between them.

Come see Tyler Thigpen vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick - scratch that, Fitz will be dead by then - Carson Palmer's little brother.

Come see LJ and Chad - scratch that, they'll both be suspended for some idiocy by then.

Come see Gonzo and TJ's last game with their current team. How's that?

What is the record for fewest wins between two teams in the last game of the season? Somebody with some database-fu please look it up.

So proud to be a Bengals homer :shrug:

KC and the Jets had seven wins between them before their week 17 game last year. That's the worst in my immediate memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst game? oh yeah. Because they are going to want to lose. They will be playing for the number 1 draft pick. It will probablly be 0 to 0 and they will have to flip a coin to find out who gets to pick.

Worst game? oh yeah. Because they are going to want to lose. They will be playing for the number 1 draft pick. It will probablly be 0 to 0 and they will have to flip a coin to find out who gets to pick.
I think the Lions are already on the clock.

I think this last week's Oak/NY game need to be in the discussion. Not necessarily saying they're the two worst teams, but damn it seemed as if both teams were trying to lose.

Remember Houston at San Francisco a few years back in the "Reggie Bush Bowl?" It was the last game of the season, although I'm not sure SF could've actually gotten the top pick as they had won the week before if I recall. Miserable game that the Niners ended up winning on a FG in overtime. That was the only game my friends and I ever cheered rabidly against our own team. When Nedney kicked the game winner, we all chanted, "REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!!" in a drunken stupor. Turned out to be the Mario Williams Bowl instead. We all had to get drunk again when the pick was announced on draft day, although it has worked out rather well in hindsight...

is it possible at least one team doesn't show up?

I mean literally.

I smell a lot of direct snapping to the running backs......

I'll be shocked if these two teams have three wins between them at that point. Or if either of them generate more than 300 yards offense. The Bengals can't score against tall grass.

Dec. 28, this year, Kansas City at Cincinnati. Blowing snow, empty stadium, two teams with probably no more than two wins between them. Come see Tyler Thigpen vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick - scratch that, Fitz will be dead by then - Carson Palmer's little brother. Come see LJ and Chad - scratch that, they'll both be suspended for some idiocy by then.Come see Gonzo and TJ's last game with their current team. How's that?What is the record for fewest wins between two teams in the last game of the season? Somebody with some database-fu please look it up. So proud to be a Bengals homer :thumbdown:
:thumbdown: Excellent preview. :thumbdown:

:goodposting: The Lions schedule:Washington@ ChicagoJacksonville@ CarolinaTampa BayTennesseeMinnesota@ IndianapolisNew Orleans@ Green BayI don't know about anyone else, but I don't see a win anywhere barring some kind of miracle.I think 0-16 looks like a pretty strong possibility.

:goodposting: The Lions schedule:Washington@ ChicagoJacksonville@ CarolinaTampa BayTennesseeMinnesota@ IndianapolisNew Orleans@ Green BayI don't know about anyone else, but I don't see a win anywhere barring some kind of miracle.I think 0-16 looks like a pretty strong possibility.
they will beat tennessee and go 1-15

:thumbup: The Lions schedule:Washington@ ChicagoJacksonville@ CarolinaTampa BayTennesseeMinnesota@ IndianapolisNew Orleans@ Green BayI don't know about anyone else, but I don't see a win anywhere barring some kind of miracle.I think 0-16 looks like a pretty strong possibility.
;) Tennessee is the #1 scoring defense and the Lions are only 5 points behind Cleveland for the 2nd worst scoring offense (KC is far and awar the worst). It wouldn't shock me if the Lions get shutout. Hard to win a game when you can't score. Also, Detroit's running defense is 2nd only to, you guessed it KC. I see a repeat of KC-Tenn coming up that week.

:lmao: The Lions schedule:Washington@ ChicagoJacksonville@ CarolinaTampa BayTennesseeMinnesota@ IndianapolisNew Orleans@ Green BayI don't know about anyone else, but I don't see a win anywhere barring some kind of miracle.I think 0-16 looks like a pretty strong possibility.
:rant: Tennessee is the #1 scoring defense and the Lions are only 5 points behind Cleveland for the 2nd worst scoring offense (KC is far and awar the worst). It wouldn't shock me if the Lions get shutout. Hard to win a game when you can't score. Also, Detroit's running defense is 2nd only to, you guessed it KC. I see a repeat of KC-Tenn coming up that week.
:doh: :shrug:

:lmao: Tennessee is the #1 scoring defense and the Lions are only 5 points behind Cleveland for the 2nd worst scoring offense (KC is far and awar the worst). It wouldn't shock me if the Lions get shutout. Hard to win a game when you can't score. Also, Detroit's running defense is 2nd only to, you guessed it KC. I see a repeat of KC-Tenn coming up that week.
While I think the odds are very high of the Lions going 0-16, beating Tennessee is not the most far-fetched thing in the world. This is the Thanksgiving Day game and the Lions have beaten some powerhouse teams over the years, even when they were bad. So it's not impossible. That being said, I'm not expecting it. This may be the worst Lions team ever.

Someone will run 80 yards for a safety before it gets to a coin flip.

Anthony Borbely said:
stbugs said:
Balance said:
Anthony Borbely said:
:popcorn: The Lions schedule:Washington@ ChicagoJacksonville@ CarolinaTampa BayTennesseeMinnesota@ IndianapolisNew Orleans@ Green BayI don't know about anyone else, but I don't see a win anywhere barring some kind of miracle.I think 0-16 looks like a pretty strong possibility.
:lmao: Tennessee is the #1 scoring defense and the Lions are only 5 points behind Cleveland for the 2nd worst scoring offense (KC is far and awar the worst). It wouldn't shock me if the Lions get shutout. Hard to win a game when you can't score. Also, Detroit's running defense is 2nd only to, you guessed it KC. I see a repeat of KC-Tenn coming up that week.
While I think the odds are very high of the Lions going 0-16, beating Tennessee is not the most far-fetched thing in the world. This is the Thanksgiving Day game and the Lions have beaten some powerhouse teams over the years, even when they were bad. So it's not impossible. That being said, I'm not expecting it. This may be the worst Lions team ever.
While I may have missed some sarcasm above, I think Tennessee is one of the teams that Detroit has no shot at beating. I think the Titans running game vs. the Lions run defense and the Tennessee defense are the reason. I wouldn't be shocked at the Lions beating another team on the list just because those teams rely on the passing game more and hence more mistakes. All of the other teams have also had pretty big let downs (like NO and Indy this past weekend). I just think Tennessee has the running game and defense where Detroit won't be able to force enough mistakes to win.

It can't be much worse than the Mud BowlTM that I personally winessed last year between the Steelers and the Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game will be awesome. Reminiscent of KC coming into the jungle undefeated a couple years ago, except this time we are looking at defeated teams.

It can't be much worse than the Mud BowlTM that I personally winessed last year between the Steelers and the Dolphins.
The blizzard bowl between Bills and Browns was pretty hard to watch too just last year.Other comments. I am just thankful for football on Thanksgiving even if it's only the Lions and Cowboys!

As commented above it's hard to figure Jets out this year. They go from a Favre 6 TD show to a Favre no show in a matter of weeks. Crochery and Coles hurt means that much difference?

At least we got to see another Favre come back kinda. 95 yards away and he got it tied up with

his two main weapons injured! Thanks to the CABLE MAN! LOL

For the sake of me I can not figure out why coaches don;t use 2 minute drills more often!

Every week I see games that are so bored to watch. No offense what so ever then when they flip that 2 minute drill switch on it's bam bam bam. Score score score. Why they disband it and switch back to bored 3 and out football I will never figure out as happened overtime SUNDAY Jets Raiders!

Theres some random thoughts for you Joe!

Lemme tell y'all about a game I remember well.

1976. Two expansion teams, my (at the time) beloved Seahawks at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Seattle was 1-5 :thumbup: , the Bucs 0-6. :bag: :bag: final combined record for both was 2-26!!!!!! :bag: :bag: :bag:

But the kicker?---was that this game was unwatchable. They called it the Hanky Bowl for a reason. 35 TOTAL PENALTIES CALLED...FOR 310 YARDS IN PENALTIES!!! :hophead: :bag:

Whatever the Cheaps and Bungles put down....no way can it be that bad. :X

Anthony Borbely said:
Got to feel bad for Kitna, he expected 10 wins. The Lions are an absolute joke of an NFL franchise. Sorry Lions fans.

Users who are viewing this thread