What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Trump pardon everyone involved in the Capitol riots? (1 Viewer)

Will Trump pardon himself?

• Yes

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 10.3%

• Total voters
I'll be interested in finding out what you all think when Trump pardons Ghislane Maxwell.

I predict it will be his final official act.

Never under normal circumstances, only the current where the opposition party has spent years attempting to manufacture any “crime” they could to get him out of office. There’s a whole new President, time to accept the election results from 4 years ago and move on. 
So if someone has been treated unfairly by the opposition party they should be able to pardon themselves, essentially acting as judge and jury for cases where they may be the defendant?  

So if someone has been treated unfairly by the opposition party they should be able to pardon themselves, essentially acting as judge and jury for cases where they may be the defendant?  
When it’s clear the opposition just wants to prosecute you because you beat them and they can’t accept an L, not because there was an actual crime they can prove then I would be fine with it. You should focus on moving on and healing at this point, this desperation to come up with any crime you can create isn’t a good look. 

When it’s clear the opposition just wants to prosecute you because you beat them and they can’t accept an L, not because there was an actual crime they can prove then I would be fine with it. You should focus on moving on and healing at this point, this desperation to come up with any crime you can create isn’t a good look. 
Tell this to your outgoing president

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell this to your outgoing president
Seriously. We have the most outrageous example in modern history of someone not accepting the L. And it most assuredly is not the left of the past 4 years

Seriously. We have the most outrageous example in modern history of someone not accepting the L. And it most assuredly is not the left of the past 4 years
Deflecting from that type behavior is normal I guess. I don’t expect anyone to own up to it at this point , was only stating the reasoning for my position. Wasn’t looking for more “But Trump!” deflecting. 

This is true but my understanding is the only way it would get to SCOTUS is if the DOJ charges him with something and he tries to claim that he can't be charged because he's been pardoned.  That's when the legal battle would ensue.
True.

But what would he pardon himself for today? 

"I hereby pardon myself for any crime I may ever be charged with, while I have never committed any crime"? 

True.

But what would he pardon himself for today? 

"I hereby pardon myself for any crime I may ever be charged with, while I have never committed any crime"? 
We have seen in this very thread that some are OK with him pardoning himself, even if did in fact commit the crime, just because of the way he was treated the past 4 years. Real alpha

We have seen in this very thread that some are OK with him pardoning himself, even if did in fact commit the crime, just because of the way he was treated the past 4 years. Real alpha
Last time I commented about his followers I was put in a 3 month vacation. :whistle:

if he were to pardon himself and accept the pardon doesnt that mean that he admits he was guilty of the crime take that to the bank brohans 

way under.  donald doesn't care about dope dealers doing life for a dime bag.
Unfortunate  thing for them Kamala , who helped put a lot of those dealers away, is coming to the veep house

Everything was a hoax and a witch hunt!  Completely fabricated just because I won!

I'm going to pardon myself against prosecution for the crimes that never happened.

Checks out.

If they were involved in beating the officer, they need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  But this idea that this was a grand conspiracy by the protesters to prevent the transfer of power is delusional.  It shoumd be investigated, but it seems more like a political witch hunt.

If they were involved in beating the officer, they need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  But this idea that this was a grand conspiracy by the protesters to prevent the transfer of power is delusional.  It shoumd be investigated, but it seems more like a political witch hunt.

What do you think they were doing there? Why go to the capitol on the day they were reading the electoral votes?

What do you think they were doing there? Why go to the capitol on the day they were reading the electoral votes?
Also, I can't tell who he's calling "delusional". Because it's pretty clear that many of the rioters believed that they were preventing the transfer of power. Does that mean that they are delusional? If so, what does that say about a president who calls delusional people "special" and that he loves them?

I can't imagine anyone that touts themselves as independent thinking and not a Trump supporter would utter these words

jon_mx said:
The FBI of the current administration is on a political witch hunt?  Apparently they just charged someone today with conspiracy. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump has been spending the day writing multiple pardons for himself on presidential letterhead so he can use them at a later date.

Stop (how were they going to stop it?)

The 

Steal (what was stolen?  still no proof of anything)
I didn't realize until I read the recent New Yorker article on the siege that Roger Stone launched a "Stop the Steal" website in 2016 for Trump. This was just a PR stunt to get fundraising, and it wasn't even new. Trump was always prepared to claim any election he lost would be because it was rigged and stolen and didn't care what that lie would cause. 

The FBI of the current administration is on a political witch hunt?  Apparently they just charged someone today with conspiracy. 
Sure, the conspiracy was three idiots.  This turns into casting out anyone who supports Trump of all social media.  To me it has a McCarthist feel to it.  I expect people to start being asked  "Are you now or have you ever been a supperter of Donald Trump?"

based on this thread alone i can tell you brohans that competition for this years daytime emmys is going to be fierce take that to the bank 

jon_mx said:
Investigating an assault against the US Capitol during an election proceeding is a political witch hunt? I should really stop being shocked reading some of the opinions I see here.  

I didn't realize until I read the recent New Yorker article on the siege that Roger Stone launched a "Stop the Steal" website in 2016 for Trump. This was just a PR stunt to get fundraising, and it wasn't even new. Trump was always prepared to claim any election he lost would be because it was rigged and stolen and didn't care what that lie would cause. 
He claimed the Emmy awards were rigged against him.  The guy is the biggest spoiled brat on the planet, just can't accept losing anything.

Investigating an assault against the US Capitol during an election proceeding is a political witch hunt? I should really stop being shocked reading some of the opinions I see here.  
You would be better off opening your mind a bit beyond what the media tells you.

I'm not sure if the Republican Party would survive if Trump pardoned all the rioters, especially if Trump pardoned the people who attacked and killed police officers.
Officer, not officers.  The other 4 deaths were protesters, imcluding the unarmed lady shot by police.  The other deaths were a stroke, a heart attack and one crushed by the mob rush.  Had this been a BLM rally the news would be more focused on the police shooting the unarmed woman.  But i have seen little discussion on that. 

whoknew said:
Protest the unfair treatment of white people?  Enough is enough!

Users who are viewing this thread