What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World Champion Steeler fans (1 Viewer)

You should probably put the towel down and make sure you don't wreck the ambulence. :bye:
You should probably learn how to spell.
QB goes down, Stiller fans become overly sensitive once again and become grammar nazis. :rolleyes: Did Hines cry for Ben last night?
Nice use of punctuation. Didn't think a Cincy native was capable.As for the Roth injury, I'm neither being overly sensitive nor am I worried. There's 2 capable backups behind him.

You should probably put the towel down and make sure you don't wreck the ambulence.  :bye:
QB goes down, Stiller fans become overly sensitive once again and become grammar nazis. :rolleyes: Did Hines cry for Ben last night?
Nice use of punctuation. Didn't think a Cincy native was capable.As for the Roth injury, I'm neither being overly sensitive nor am I worried. There's 2 capable backups behind him.
Maddox is out 3-4 weeks. Batch is now capable? :confused:

Who is this 2nd capable backup you speak of?

You should probably put the towel down and make sure you don't wreck the ambulence. :bye:

Yes, Batch is capable.Batch and Maddox are the 2. I'm talking about 2 capable backups for the rest of the year if (big if) Roth is out for the rest of the season. Maddox is injured, though it's not likely to be a long term injury. In fact, I haven't seen anything saying he'd be out after this week. He was listed as doubtful last night.

Edit: Found it. Maddox likely out 3-4 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should probably put the towel down and make sure you don't wreck the ambulence.  :bye:

Yes, Batch is capable.Batch and Maddox are the 2. I'm talking about 2 capable backups for the rest of the year if (big if) Roth is out for the rest of the season. Maddox is injured, though it's not likely to be a long term injury. In fact, I haven't seen anything saying he'd be out after this week. He was listed as doubtful last night.

OK, nevermind. I just dug out the tape from 2003 where Batch last attempted a pass in the NFL and can see where you're coming from. I don't know why you're being so modest in only calling him capable though, he's got MVP-caliber written all over him.

Batch is a decent fill in for a couple of weeks. The Steelers defense and running game is good enough to win, all Batch has to do is not make mistakes and manage the game.

OK, nevermind. I just dug out the tape from 2003 where Batch last attempted a pass in the NFL and can see where you're coming from. I don't know why you're being so modest in only calling him capable though, he's got MVP-caliber written all over him.
Who said anything about MVP? RIF!! Capable. Hand the ball off. Make a few throws. Don't make mistakes. Let the D and the running game carry the team.

Who said anything about MVP? RIF!! Capable. Hand the ball off. Make a few throws. Don't make mistakes. Let the D and the running game carry the team. Avoid the Patsies.
Edited for accuracy.

Who said anything about MVP? RIF!! Capable. Hand the ball off. Make a few throws. Don't make mistakes. Let the D and the running game carry the team. Avoid the Patsies.
Edited for accuracy.
Fixed

I think it's awesome that we always seem to have one toolbox who does nothing but trash and hate the Steelers because their own team sucks. Going back a few years we had ThE ULtimAtE BRowNs fan, who I'm sure has since passed away from a coronary. RIP GB. :( Then, more recently, BGP stepped up to the plate. BGP has apparently lost his steam. and now this year we have the up and coming yippy puppy Warsteinner. If you really want to achieve BGP or UBF levels, you're going to have to work a lot harder than this. Good luck, little buddy. :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Batch is a decent fill in for a couple of weeks. The Steelers defense and running game is good enough to win, all Batch has to do is not make mistakes and manage the game.
No offense, but I'm a Lion's fan (unfortunately) and have seen Charlie play alot. All he does is make mistakes.....at least when he played for us.

I think it's awesome that we always seem to have one toolbox who does nothing but trash and hate the Steelers because their own team sucks. Going back a few years we had ThE ULtimAtE BRowNs fan, who I'm sure has since passed away from a coronary. RIP GB. :( Then, more recently, BGP stepped up to the plate. BGP has apparently lost his steam. and now this year we have the up and coming yippy puppy Warsteinner. If you really want to achieve BGP or UBF levels, you're going to have to work a lot harder than this. Good luck, little buddy.

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:
I actually thought it was a BGP alias, but then I realized he's not quite on BGP's level.

No offense, but I'm a Lion's fan (unfortunately) and have seen Charlie play alot. All he does is make mistakes.....at least when he played for us.
Playing on a bad team will do that to a QB. Surely you aren't comparing the 98-01 Lions to the 2005 Steelers are you?There are lots of examples where a so-so QB can win games with a team that has a solid defense and running game.

PS: Sorry for calling you Shirley!

I actually thought it was a BGP alias, but then I realized he's not quite on BGP's level.
Ben's injury may give BGP the window he needs to come back and finally prove to us that Roethliseberger is a bust. I'm still waiting on his first comments....he yapped and yapped and yapped from week 10 all through preseason about how crappy BR is...now, all I hear is crickets. Why is that? :confused: :towelwave:

Playing on a bad team will do that to a QB. Surely you aren't comparing the 98-01 Lions to the 2005 Steelers are you?There are lots of examples where a so-so QB can win games with a team that has a solid defense and running game.

God no.....thats like comparing a Mercedes to a Yugo.....lol. I just hope he has learned alot since he left Detroit is all. I don't see Pittsburg doing much passing with Batch the lineup at all. I'm sure they will rely heavily on their running game. If Pittsburg can run the ball effectively and keep Batch in 2nd and 4 or 3rd and 3 situations, he should be fine. But if Pittsburg falls behind and has to rely on Batch to march them down field, I think Pittsburg could be in trouble. Of course, after saying that.....Batch will go off for huge yards and multiple scores just to further add insult to inury to Lion's fans.

God no.....thats like comparing a Mercedes to a Yugo.....lol. I just hope he has learned alot since he left Detroit is all. I don't see Pittsburg doing much passing with Batch the lineup at all. I'm sure they will rely heavily on their running game. If Pittsburg can run the ball effectively and keep Batch in 2nd and 4 or 3rd and 3 situations, he should be fine. But if Pittsburg falls behind and has to rely on Batch to march them down field, I think Pittsburg could be in trouble. Of course, after saying that.....Batch will go off for huge yards and multiple scores just to further add insult to inury to Lion's fans.
It's Pittsburgh :P they have not had to rely on the passing game much in the last few years.

Where you at, Warsteinner? All lip when the Steelers lose, but when your own team gets blown out on your home field, you are conspicuously absent.Show yourself, I took you off ignore temporarily just to get your take on today's game. :P

I tried to tell y'all that the Bengals hadn't beaten anyone yet.They still haven't. :towelwave:

Where you at, Warsteinner? All lip when the Steelers lose, but when your own team gets blown out on your home field, you are conspicuously absent.

Show yourself, I took you off ignore temporarily just to get your take on today's game. :P
Good game. :thumbup: Now wake and read my other posts that explain I am not a Bengals fan.

You can enjoy your victory over my team week 10 :bag:

Then I'll enjoy your playoff loss. :D

Where you at, Warsteinner?  All lip when the Steelers lose, but when your own team gets blown out on your home field, you are conspicuously absent.

Show yourself, I took you off ignore temporarily just to get your take on today's game.  :P
Good game. :thumbup: Now wake and read my other posts that explain I am not a Bengals fan.

You can enjoy your victory over my team week 10 :bag:

Then I'll enjoy your playoff loss. :D
I haven't read your other posts since you were on ignore. I saw your profile said you were from Cincinnati, so I erroneously assumed you were a Bengals fan (the constant Ward mocking also seemed a dead giveaway) I see now you're a Browns fan, so I will reserve the fun making until the Steelers lay two ####-whippings on them. Carry on.

I unofficially claim this thread the property of Peyton Manning. I will return in four hours to make the official proclamation. Make your time Steeler fans, a stampede is coming through and it isn't going to slow down.

I unofficially claim this thread the property of Peyton Manning. I will return in four hours to make the official proclamation. Make your time Steeler fans, a stampede is coming through and it isn't going to slow down.
:towelwave:

Even that hot ##### at the bar couldn't cheer me up. Did Cowher, who I support 99.9% of the time, really go for the fake onside kick to start the half? Really? After they gained the momentum going into halftime? After the defense looked like they were settling down and adjusting? Did they know Indy would get the ball on the 40? And what about Ben and the QB sneak on 4th and FOUR? The Steelers called that play?? 4th and 1 - Okay. 4th and 2 - Try it. 4th and 3 - Coach, that's like 9 feet. 4th and FOUR?? FOUR? Whatever. Anyway, to the point of this post. The problem with this team right now is on offensive line. Period. Hartings just is not the same player he was last year. I have a few games from last year TIVO'd, and when the Steelers are running good, Hartings would be moving the tackle on him wherever he wanted (left, right, forward). He definitely hasn't been very good over the past 4 games or so, but tonight was a disaster for him. For the Steelers to run the ball, he has to be able to pull effectively and right now he is not doing it. Good news here is that Okobbi looks like he can be a center for this team, bad news is that if I know the Steelers (and I do), they will go with Hartings unless he's too injured to play.At tackle, Max Starks has impressed me at times (mostly because I thought he was a wasted pick), but he still is playing like a first year starter. Way better than I thought he would be, but he also gets help from the TE and the Steelers (and I could be wrong here) seem to run the ball behind Faneca and to the left far more than they do to the right. Left tackle is an absolute mess and Essex has no business even being on the field. Not saying he won't be a good player some day, but it's ridiculous to me that the Steelers don't have a more capable and experienced backup at tackle. A team that is supposed to contend for a Super Bowl? Left tackle? Essex? As for Marvel Smith, I don't know when he was reinjured during the game, but it sure looked like he quit well before that. He looked like he quit. The only player competing at a pro-bowl level is Faneca. Every time I see the guy he is either pushing his guy backwards or taking on two guys (thanks, obviously, to Hartings and the LT sucking). I can't really say too much about Simmons at RG because I really don't have a feel for how he's doing (guard, I believe, is the hardest to evaluate). I did see him hanging his head at least once tonight, and he sure hasn't stood out.Regardless, from the playcalling to the false start penalties to having Indy's "finesse" defense out-hit their own (at least in the first quarter), it was a very uncharacteristic game for the Steelers. And I still firmly believe the Steelers will be fine. This game was the wake up call for the offense line, they'll come together, Ben will better in his second game back, they'll pick a freaking RB, and they'll get hot at the right time for once --- heading into the playoffs.Congrats to Indy and Dungy.p.s. too drunk to re-read for errors.

:lmao: You guys will be lucky to make it out of the first round, IF you make the playoffs at all.

That was brutal last night.
Ahh look, the rats come out of the woodwork. Browns fans get more enjoyment from Pittsburgh losses than they do Clowns wins. To bad the combined total of those two isn't even a double digit # for the year. So, I will wave my towel to this: We may have gotten spanked last night, but praise jeebis we aren't a laughing stock franchise like the Cleve Clowns. :towelwave:

Disappointing game, but must give props to the Indy Colts and their continued unbeaten run.Stillers need to right the ship, and quickly, with the BenGals on the slate for the battle of the division. :towelwave:

I can't imagine the playoffs without the Steelers, but it could happen. Not the time to panic for Steeler fans, but certainly a time for concern.

I can't imagine the playoffs without the Steelers, but it could happen. Not the time to panic for Steeler fans, but certainly a time for concern.
Just start watching football last season?

:lmao: You guys will be lucky to make it out of the first round, IF you make the playoffs at all.

That was brutal last night.
Ahh look, the rats come out of the woodwork. Browns fans get more enjoyment from Pittsburgh losses than they do Clowns wins. To bad the combined total of those two isn't even a double digit # for the year. So, I will wave my towel to this: We may have gotten spanked last night, but praise jeebis we aren't a laughing stock franchise like the Cleve Clowns. :towelwave:
Ah, yes, and now the predictable response. A Steelers fan totally disregarding his piss-poor team's performance and ripping the Browns. Just like clockwork!Oh yes, I enjoyed that one. Especially the Stiller fans around here who were bragging their asses off saying it wouldn't even be a game.

I guess they were right!!

:lmao:
I really think last night's game says more about the colts then it does about the Steelers. The Colts are legit, they are quick and tough and complete.As for the Browns, how's that Dilfer thing working out?

Do you ever look at Notre Dame and think "we hired the wrong patriot"?

Ah, yes, and now the predictable response.

:lmao:
Sorry slappy, but the only thing that's predictable is that you won't show your face around here until Pgh loses a big game. That's the clockwork for you. It's just like a homeless guy running into your living room to take a dump. You can ask him why he does that and tell him it stinks -- his response:"Ha ha, how typical, everytime I poop on your rug you tell me it smells bad, how predictable, like clockwork."

Nice try. Hopefully you'll get something real to cheer for one of these years. :bye:

Users who are viewing this thread