What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst DYNASTY moves you've made (1 Viewer)

Traded for Reuben Droughns and two 2nds for a future 1st...that would turn out to be ADP....

I traded Michael Turner for Kevin Smith and a 1.11...
I hear Droughns is now a greeter at Wal-Mart.
He actually coaches American football in Serbia (which might be the same thing) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Droughns
Tiki led me to the superbowl in 2nd year of my league, then prompley retired. Had Jacobs and thought, I will secure NYG backfield. Traded Big Ben and a 2nd rounder for Droughns and Kitna. Next years draft, took Bowe at 1.09 and then traded him for 2.03 and a 2nd for Drew Stanton to secure Mike Martz QB in Detroit.Probably worst move for me was not picking up Marques Colston. Drafted Mike Haas in 3rd round and posted a question here about him. Guy gets on says cut him and pick up Colston. I waited 2 days and another guy snagged him up. Still hate Colston because of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded steve smith NYG for rothlisbereger in week six last year. I offered welker in lieu but he took smith. So I ended up with Roth and welker. League goes from nonPPR to PPR this past offseason.

I traded steve smith NYG for rothlisbereger in week six last year. I offered welker in lieu but he took smith. So I ended up with Roth and welker. League goes from nonPPR to PPR this past offseason.
Did you know about the PPR change prior to this offseason...? Methinks a semi-major change like this should have at least a year's advance notice to allow teams the ability to build towards that...

2006 Rookie Draft, took Chad Jackson instead of MJD.
:lmao: :lmao: I'll take that gift, since the season earlier I had given Kleck (my brother) a 2007 1st for LaMont Jordan. Jordan blew up (PPR) in 2005, but was all but out of the league by the time that 2007 pick became Calvin Johnson.

Drafted Chris Johnson and then traded him for Ted Ginn Jr and a rookie 2nd the next year. The guy I traded to went from 10th the year before (12 team league) to 1st. I went from 3rd the year before to 8th. Eff Chris Johson imo!

Funny how the mind works, I remember some good deals I've made through the years but not the bad. There have been some bad ones of course, but I somehow managed to erase them from my memory.

2nd year in a keeper back in 1998 was pretty bad for me (keep 7). I went from champion runner-up to dead last (and it was not even close).

In a 48 hour period, we had to declare keepers and had our draft at a local bar...easily the worst 48 hours of FF management on record.

Decided to keep: Warren Moon and Brad Johnson, Curtis Martin, Karim Abdul Jabbar, Corey Dillon, TO and Irving Fryar. Well, both Moon, KAJ and Fryar were all done that season and out of the league the next. TO and Martin were good keeps, but I decided to keep some of those folks over Jamal Anderson (that is the year he went off), Tim Brown (decent for more time than the other three), Warrick Dunn (who I had to use my first round pick to get again), Jimmy Smith (In my mind he did not catch enough TDS...lol). Then I chose to trade Dunn for Keyshawn (good move with the scoring we had) and then made a trade 10 minutes later of TO and Keyshawn for Favre and a 2nd rounder (I believe this was Sly Morris or James McKnight) and that was not so good.

This one will come back to haunt me, did this trade this offseason in a very difficult to trade in league:

I traded Cutler, Pierre Thomas, Shonne Green, and rookie 1.3 pick for: Ray Rice I just wanted to have Chris Johnson and Ray Rice starting every week.

I can see Cutler being a top 10 QB, PT and Green being top 10 backs Hopefully ray rice doesn't get hurt or I will be done. :shrug:

I also dropped Sidney Rice, Miles Austin, & Deangelo Williams at some point in time and traded away Mendenhall for next to nothing after holding him for a year. Somehow I have a decent team but would love to have some of those guys back.

Yes I am the worst trader in the world heh

Easy! I am a huge UCLA fan and I took Chris Perry instead of MJD in our initial draft back in 2006

14.01 157. T-Bone Jackson, Vincent SDC WR Sun Aug 27 7:15:16 p.m. PT 2006 63

14.02 158. Bulldogs Lloyd, Brandon WAS WR Sun Aug 27 7:17:49 p.m. PT 2006 22

14.03 159. Tornado Parker, Samie KCC WR Sun Aug 27 7:18:55 p.m. PT 2006 47

14.04 160. Bulls McNair, Steve BAL QB Sun Aug 27 7:19:17 p.m. PT 2006 226

14.05 161. California Gamblers Perry, Chris CIN RB Sun Aug 27 7:20:36 p.m. PT 2006 8

14.06 162. Patriot Missiles Gado, Samkon HOU RB Sun Aug 27 7:22:08 p.m. PT 2006 33

14.07 163. Cardiff Surf Caldwell, Reche NEP WR Sun Aug 27 7:22:33 p.m. PT 2006 85

14.08 164. Napster Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB Sun Aug 27 7:23:35 p.m. PT 2006 208

14.09 165. Jailbreak Blitz Duckett, T.J. WAS RB Sun Aug 27 7:23:59 p.m. PT 2006 16

14.10 166. RJ Fan Club Moats, Ryan PHI RB Sun Aug 27 7:25:18 p.m. PT 2006 3

14.11 167. Dirty Wessels Baskett, Hank PHI WR Sun Aug 27 7:29:05 p.m. PT 2006 21

14.12 168. Contact Sports Bennett, Michael KCC RB Sun Aug 27 7:31:34 p.m. PT 2006 20

My Draft in 2006:

* Two players are still on my team today

1.08 8. California Gamblers Bush, Reggie NOS RB Sun Aug 27 4:06:48 p.m. PT 2006 188

2.05 17. California Gamblers Jones, Kevin DET RB Sun Aug 27 4:19:17 p.m. PT 2006 180

3.08 32. California Gamblers Heap, Todd BAL TE Sun Aug 27 4:35:06 p.m. PT 2006 167

4.05 41. California Gamblers Jackson, Darrell SEA WR Sun Aug 27 4:43:46 p.m. PT 2006 157

5.08 56. California Gamblers Lewis, Jamal BAL RB Sun Aug 27 5:07:10 p.m. PT 2006 161

6.05 65. California Gamblers Bryant, Antonio SFO WR Sun Aug 27 5:18:41 p.m. PT 2006 72

7.08 80. California Gamblers Panthers, Carolina CAR Def Sun Aug 27 5:43:25 p.m. PT 2006 136

8.05 89. California Gamblers Davis, Domanick HOU RB Sun Aug 27 5:55:18 p.m. PT 2006 -

9.08 104. California Gamblers Rackers, Neil ARI PK Sun Aug 27 6:24:06 p.m. PT 2006 134

10.05 113. California Gamblers Vick, Michael ATL QB Sun Aug 27 6:30:06 p.m. PT 2006 307

11.08 128. California Gamblers Brooks, Aaron OAK QB Sun Aug 27 6:49:16 p.m. PT 2006 58

12.05 137. California Gamblers McCardell, Keenan SDC WR Sun Aug 27 6:54:02 p.m. PT 2006 36

13.08 152. California Gamblers Moulds, Eric HOU WR Sun Aug 27 7:13:03 p.m. PT 2006 64

14.05 161. California Gamblers Perry, Chris CIN RB Sun Aug 27 7:20:36 p.m. PT 2006 8

15.08 176. California Gamblers Redskins, Washington WAS Def Sun Aug 27 7:53:07 p.m. PT 2006 56

16.05 185. California Gamblers Betts, Ladell WAS RB Sun Aug 27 7:56:41 p.m. PT 2006 162

17.08 200. California Gamblers Hicks, Maurice SFO RB Sun Aug 27 8:21:18 p.m. PT 2006 22

18.05 209. California Gamblers Stokley, Brandon IND WR Sun Aug 27 8:30:28 p.m. PT 2006 12

19.08 224. California Gamblers Schaub, Matt ATL QB Sun Aug 27 8:45:57 p.m. PT 2006 0

20.05 233. California Gamblers Williams, Ricky FA RB Sun Aug 27 10:08:24 p.m. PT 2006 - Replacement pick made by Commissioner

21.08 248. California Gamblers Anderson, Courtney OAK TE Sun Aug 27 9:11:27 p.m. PT 2006 59

22.05 257. California Gamblers Hagan, Derek MIA WR Sun Aug 27 9:24:36 p.m. PT 2006 24

23.08 272. California Gamblers Ferguson, Robert GBP WR Sun Aug 27 9:37:50 p.m. PT 2006 7

24.05 281. California Gamblers Brunell, Mark WAS QB Sun Aug 27 9:44:18 p.m. PT 2006 131

25.08 296. California Gamblers Nedney, Joe SFO PK Sun Aug 27 10:00:57 p.m. PT 2006 122

My Roster as of today for 2010 season:

California Gamblers - Brad Fiene Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted Trade?

Ryan, Matt ATL QB - 8 FA

Schaub, Matt HOU QB - 7 FA

* Bell, Joique BUF RB - 6 6.04

* Toston, Keith STL RB - 9 FA

* Williams, Keiland WAS RB - 9 FA

Benson, Cedric CIN RB - 6 FA

Goodson, Mike CAR RB - 6 4.07

Hightower, Tim ARI RB - 6 FA

Karim, Deji JAC RB ® - 9 5.08

Scott, Bernard CIN RB - 6 FA

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB ® - 6 1.03

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB - 10 FA

Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RB - 7 FA

Torain, Ryan WAS RB - 9 FA

Ware, Danny NYG RB - 8 FA

Wells, Chris ARI RB - 6 FA

Bennett, Earl CHI WR (P) - 8 FA

Bess, Davone MIA WR - 5 FA

Bryant, Antonio CIN WR - 6 FA

Jennings, Greg GBP WR - 10 FA

Johnson, Calvin DET WR - 7 FA

Marshall, Brandon MIA WR (P) - 5 FA

Morgan, Josh SFO WR - 9 FA

Welker, Wes NEP WR (Q) - 5 FA

Carlson, John SEA TE - 5 FA

Davis, Vernon SFO TE - 9 FA

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK (P) - 10 4.04

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def - 9 3.05

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def - 8 3.04

This one will come back to haunt me, did this trade this offseason in a very difficult to trade in league:

I traded Cutler, Pierre Thomas, Shonne Green, and rookie 1.3 pick for: Ray Rice I just wanted to have Chris Johnson and Ray Rice starting every week.

I can see Cutler being a top 10 QB, PT and Green being top 10 backs Hopefully ray rice doesn't get hurt or I will be done. :shrug:

I also dropped Sidney Rice, Miles Austin, & Deangelo Williams at some point in time and traded away Mendenhall for next to nothing after holding him for a year. Somehow I have a decent team but would love to have some of those guys back.

I would have very easily done that trade this off-season....don't kick yourself in the rear end at all........dropping Sidney though.....ehh....unless you had to, in which case I'd say more power to you!Austin and Williams?.....you'll eventually be glad you got rid of them.

The only one I could think of still makes me cringe. I traded Chris Wells for Marion Barber mid season last year.

Oh and I made a genius move in a league in which you can keep players by giving up the draft pick 2 rounds higher in which you pick the player. I took a flyer on Sidney Rice having a break out season last year by taking him in the 18th round. Meaning he would be mine for a 16th rounder this season. However after a couple of games it looked like a miss, so I dropped him for Mark Clayton. The next week Rice broke out.

Hello idiot.

The only one I could think of still makes me cringe. I traded Chris Wells for Marion Barber mid season last year. Oh and I made a genius move in a league in which you can keep players by giving up the draft pick 2 rounds higher in which you pick the player. I took a flyer on Sidney Rice having a break out season last year by taking him in the 18th round. Meaning he would be mine for a 16th rounder this season. However after a couple of games it looked like a miss, so I dropped him for Mark Clayton. The next week Rice broke out.Hello idiot.
Hello :thumbup: (just sayin' hey, don't really relate to your sorrow as far as Rice goes...)

I can see Cutler being a top 10 QB, PT and Green being top 10 backs Hopefully ray rice doesn't get hurt or I will be done. :lmao:

I would have very easily done that trade this off-season....don't kick yourself in the rear end at all........dropping Sidney though.....ehh....unless you had to, in which case I'd say more power to you!Austin and Williams?.....you'll eventually be glad you got rid of them.
:thumbup: He said he dropped them. Why would he ever be happy about that?

I can see Cutler being a top 10 QB, PT and Green being top 10 backs Hopefully ray rice doesn't get hurt or I will be done. :lmao:

You'll see......wait until 2010 is over.....

Even if you are not a fan of them, you could trade them for something, they are both top 10 at their postions.Also, that was way to much for Ray Rice.

Even if you are not a fan of them, you could trade them for something, they are both top 10 at their postions.Also, that was way to much for Ray Rice.
Not likely. I would have done that deal for Ray Rice whether it was a TD heavy, PPR, or Dynasty league, or not. Agree on trading for value with Austin and Williams, but maybe he just couldn't find the right partner to do a deal with and was forced to drop them.....so, okay, maybe he didn't get "something" for them.

Last year I took Calvin Johnson at 1.08 in a non-ppr startup with Chris Johnson on the board. Do I win the thread?

Traded Calvin, Cook and Jordy Nelson for Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace and Donald Brown 6 months later......at least that looks decent.

Not likely. I would have done that deal for Ray Rice whether it was a TD heavy, PPR, or Dynasty league, or not. Agree on trading for value with Austin and Williams, but maybe he just couldn't find the right partner to do a deal with and was forced to drop them.....so, okay, maybe he didn't get "something" for them.
Yeah, maybe he plays in a league with 6-man rosters or something. In that case (assuming 12 teams, 2 RB and 3 WR still) it could be worth it....assuming they finish behind the likes of replacement value guys such as Massaquoi, Devin Thomas, Cadillac and Ricky Williams in 2011.

Yeah, maybe he plays in a league with 6-man rosters or something. In that case (assuming 12 teams, 2 RB and 3 WR still) it could be worth it....assuming they finish behind the likes of replacement value guys such as Massaquoi, Devin Thomas, Cadillac and Ricky Williams in 2011.

traded Sidney Rice and 2.03 for Tory Holt and 2.11...LAST OFFSEASON

still not sure what was going through my mind
Drafted Tony Gonzalez when he was a rookie..also drafted his backup at the time Ted Popson.when bye week came along, Popson had been outproducing TG, so I dropped Gonzo to pick up a waiver wire TE, thinking I could get TG at the next waiver cycle. WRONG!the guy who picked him up won 4 titles in 5 years largely because of T. Gonzalez - we award 1 pt per 15 yards rec, PPR, TDs.

:confused:

still feeling the effects of this.. :excited:

1. I traded Ray Rice and Bernard Berrian for Kevin Smith straight up last summer.

2. Last season I traded Larry Fitzgerald for Reggie Wayne and swaped 1st rounders in an effort to be top 3 (it turned out to be pic 1.5)

Let's see, I traded Vjax and B. Marshall for Greg Jennings last offseason. VJax exploded and Marshall beat Jennings by a mile. Marshall also put up 50pts against me in the playoffs knocking me out. I can only start 2 WRs, 10 teamer, was tryin to get the best of the best. Marshall was havin all kinds of issues and VJax was mediocre and wouldn't start for me I thought.

I tried to trade Ray Rice for the 10th overall rookie pick. Thank god the other owner laughed at me and told me Ray Rice was worthless.

I finally dropped Mike Sims-Walker after holding him for 3 1/2 years; has career year and actually doesnt get injured, who woulda thought. Thanks rotoworld for telling me he was behind Troy WIlliamson on the depth chart. Oh and the owner that had laughed me all that time for wastin a roster spot on him picked him up off waiver and managed to trade him and some worthless rookie picks for Aaron Rodgers this off-season(yes the Rogers owner is an idiot, but talk bout salt in my wounds)

I also dropped Sidney Rice at the same time, but was able to grab him back off waivers before the season started..

I won Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery as my 1-2 WR's in a startup dynasty auction 2 years ago. :thumbup:

Our league is receiving heavy and I've yet to recover. Hope Dez Bryant pans out since I have the 1.02 rookie pick.

I cut Steve Smith this year after basically he didn't do anything the two year prior.

In 2009 I believe, I had the sickest draft of all time. Drafted Ray Rice, CJ and Rodgers the year before.

Added to them Jamaal Charles, Sidney Rice and Mendenhall and sat there and watched them do absolutely nothing the first few games. Progressively began to drop Sidney Rice, then Mendenhall, then Charles every BYE week for roster fill ins, then watched them explode 1 by 1.

I still went 12-1 cuz I scooped up Miles Austin before the KC game, but I'll always wonder how sick my team would have been with all that talent.

1.01 William Green

1.04 TJ Duckett

1.01 Charles Rodgers

1.03 Kevin Jones

Around 2005 I started trading my first rounders for proven players :)

Last year I took Calvin Johnson at 1.08 in a non-ppr startup with Chris Johnson on the board. Do I win the thread?Traded Calvin, Cook and Jordy Nelson for Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace and Donald Brown 6 months later......at least that looks decent.
How's that looking now? ;)

Traded my future 1st in a rebuilding year for LenDale White. Ended up with the worst record, so swapped White for ADRIAN PETERSON.

And I'm a Viking fan.

Users who are viewing this thread