What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Diontae Johnson, CAR (5 Viewers)

Feels like a fantastic #3 WR in PPR with a decent ceiling.

He gets open and will get targets and doesn't seem to get smashed too much. Any progression in OL, QB and OC and we'll see fewer of the 5 yd comebacker throws as well as GP and CAIII even opening up the field a bit.

And for once the AFC North seems primed for some shootouts if I were to be so bold. Should be a safe pick with some upside due to Pickens hype. My league drafted already (way early)

but now that he's going in round 5, he hasn't ended up on my teams. I still like him just fine, just finding better values in my opinion.
I still think the 5th is solid value for him in PPR.
Watched the first quarter to the Steelers/Falcons and was pretty excited they threw the ball to Johnson on a deep route. Been so long since I’ve seen that. He separates so well and hope that’s part of the Steelers offense this year.

Diontae Johnson suffered a hamstring injury in Pittsburgh’s Week 1 game against the 49ers and will not return.

Goodness. Operating as something of a modest bright spot in an otherwise dismal Steelers offensive performance, Johnson went down in a heap at the end of a 26-yard catch-and-run in the third quarter. He was in a world of pain and earned a quick ruleout with no interim “questionable” tag. That is never a good sign. It’s almost certainly a multi-week issue. That would mean increased run and targets for Calvin Austin. Stay tuned.

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson (hamstring) says he’s “day-to-day.”

We should take this with a grain of salt, as players tend to overestimate when they can return to the field. Still, Johnson says he’s doing better after struggling to walk the first few days after his injury. According to the team, Johnson is expected to miss about four weeks with his injury, but Johnson refused to put a timeline on his return when speaking to the media on Thursday. Johnson won’t be playing in Week 2 against the Browns, but it sounds like he’s hoping to return before the four-week estimation.

Diontae Johnson (hamstring) was a full participant in Wednesday’s practice.

Johnson is currently on injured reserve but the Steelers opened his practice window this week. A full practice on Wednesday points toward Pittsburgh activating him from injured reserve ahead of their Week 7 matchup with the Rams. Johnson would rank as a WR3 in his first game back from the hamstring issue he suffered in Week 1.

I can tell you this, there's no interest in him in my redraft league. I was just looking for a warm body to play at RB this week and everything was shot down.

It's crazy to think two seasons ago he had 107 catches for 1,161 yards and 8 TDs.
Not really that crazy when you consider that Big Ben was the Steelers QB in 2021 and since then it’s been the Mitch and Kenny show
The Steelers were also throwing a ton with Ben his last few seasons.

These guys cant process plays as quickly as Ben was getting the ball out to Johnson based on pre snap reads.

Diontae Johnson (hamstring) did not practice on Thursday.
Not great. Week 7 marked Johnson’s first game back from a hamstring injury that sidelined him for four weeks, and now he’s a late addition to the team’s Week 8 injury report. If he’s not able to get on the field in a limited capacity on Friday, we could be looking at Johnson missing the Steelers’ Week 8 matchup against the Jaguars. We’ll check back in on Friday to see if things have improved before the weekend.

Hm, quotes from him indicate it wasn't just rest - had an issue with a different part of the same hamstring.
But insisted he is playing.
Definitely not great given his tendency to go down in games.

Hm, quotes from him indicate it wasn't just rest - had an issue with a different part of the same hamstring.
But insisted he is playing.
Definitely not great given his tendency to go down in games.
Feels like you just hope he has a big game and maybe can move him though I am sure the luster on this guy is totally lost despite his track record.

Diontae Johnson (hamstring) is active for Week 8 against the Jaguars.

Johnson missed some practice this week with a hamstring issue after being sidelined with a hamstring injury for the season’s first month. He was removed from the team’s injury report and should see his usual playing time in Week 8. Steelers declared QB Mason Rudolph, CB Levi Wallace, T Dylan Cook, and NT Breiden Fehoko inactive against Jacksonville.

5 for 51 on 9 targets in the first half. Would have had a TD just now if he didn’t slip.

Got him yesterday for a 24’ 2nd rounder on a team that lacks depth at WR. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Users who are viewing this thread