What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Diontae Johnson, CAR (5 Viewers)

I thought this guy would be a good PPR asset coming back from his injury. Now he might be a drop candidate. Depends on the alternatives, ymmv.

Feeling like it is time to sell Johnson in dynasty.. is selling him for a early to mid 2nd selling to low? He is not a part of my lineup at all.

I think thats too low-- could see him lead an actual good rookie QB next year.
Does Pitt move on from Tomlin and Pickett at the end of the year?
A few weeks ago I moved him for Reed and a couple of 2024 3rds.
I have had DJohnson on the trade block in 14 team league and best offer I got is an early 2nd. No one is chomping at the bit to acquire him, but people will gladly take picks in our league for players. So wondering if its better to just acquire another 2nd and package 2 2's and Higgins for a better wr.

I have had DJohnson on the trade block in 14 team league and best offer I got is an early 2nd. No one is chomping at the bit to acquire him, but people will gladly take picks in our league for players. So wondering if its better to just acquire another 2nd and package 2 2's and Higgins for a better wr.
am i missing something here, why would they move on from Tomlin? Pickett is not good, can't see him being the starter next year.

am i missing something here, why would they move on from Tomlin? Pickett is not good, can't see him being the starter next year.
I am not saying they do, but have read places where people have wondered whether or not it is time. Does another rookie help DJohnson? He is my 5th/6th WR

I will never have this dude on my team. Just dropped a TD reception (and whined like a little boy) then the next play, did not play through the fumble but instead was looking to complain to a ref while the Bengals were returning the fumble. Fraud.

You u gotta know how to take plays off. We understand it happens. If he puts his hands up like it's a possible wr screen then this conversation isn't happening. Just put your hands up man.

What are the expectations for TNF vs NE?
Trubisky isn’t good but seemed to have a connection with DJ.

I'm thinking ~5 catches and 50-60 yds.

He probably has the best odds of any WR to score in the game.

In short, serviceable floor in PPR for sure but low ceiling. WR3.

NOTE: I don't own him in any league. I'm reviewing this thread because I need to start decide whether to start Warren and/or Harris in a couple of leagues where my playoff hopes are on the line and thought maybe this thread bump suggested something about DJ which could impact Warren.

Thanks. I’m stuck between him and Garrett Wilson (now with more Wilsons!)

Thanks. I’m stuck between him and Garrett Wilson (now with more Wilsons!)
Eesh. My two cents is that is you're a favorite or even odds you go DJ. If you're a big underdog then swing for the HR with Wilson.

Is Pickens in the dog house? I don’t know who to play between Ridley if Lawrence doesn’t play or D Johnson If It seems Pickens might be benched.

3 straight with a td. Pickens drama is wel known. Backup QB. Home game. Anyone got splits on his numbers with Rudolph?
Rudolph was his QB the majority of both of their rookie seasons. That was awhile ago, stands to reason both are improved but Diontae had some solid games, just not consistent.

I think they've had two games together since their rookie seasons. One of those games was the season finale in their second season, 2020. Dionta went 4/3/96/0. The other game was against the Lions in 2021. Rudolph attempted 50 passes that day with 13 going Diontae's way and he finished 7/83/0. Basically typical Diontae games.

Is Pickens in the dog house? I don’t know who to play between Ridley if Lawrence doesn’t play or D Johnson If It seems Pickens might be benched.
Pickens isnt getting benched.

That said, Rudolph at QB should be a massive "avoid" for all Steeler skill guys. Dude is good at one thing: staring down first reads before throwing INTs.

Pickens isnt getting benched.

That said, Rudolph at QB should be a massive "avoid" for all Steeler skill guys. Dude is good at one thing: staring down first reads before throwing INTs.
The combo of Beathard and Ridley >>>> Rudolph and DJ

Is he being disciplined??? He's barely been part of the game plan, a ton of drives he's not even been on the field, and I'm pretty sure he's not hurt. This is so frustrating....

I thought this guy would be a good ppr asset when he came back from injury, but he's barely been playable. I'm not sure why that is the case, but I probably won't be drafting him if he's in the same spot next year (with Pickett). Does anyone know his contract situation?

Users who are viewing this thread