What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Gabriel Davis, JAC (2 Viewers)

You won't be seeing this cat in the slot which leaves Kirk's role untouched. I'll take G Davis as my WR3/4. As long as he's still got those burners he's good for production.
If you want a WR 3/4 who tops out about 750/4, he’s your guy. His situation was optimal in Buffalo and he didn’t perform, other than the occasional big game when he was on your bench because he had done virtually nothing the previous 2-3 games. 4th option at best after Kirk, Engram and ETN. Jones in the mix too. Lawrence is good but not elite.
So half the TDs he scored in prior years is what he "tops out" at?
In that offense, yeah.
Interesting take. I love this landing spot as a Davis believer, and I did not like Buffalo O. Go talk to a Diggs owner about how awesome Buffalo O is for WRs.

You won't be seeing this cat in the slot which leaves Kirk's role untouched. I'll take G Davis as my WR3/4. As long as he's still got those burners he's good for production.
If you want a WR 3/4 who tops out about 750/4, he’s your guy. His situation was optimal in Buffalo and he didn’t perform, other than the occasional big game when he was on your bench because he had done virtually nothing the previous 2-3 games. 4th option at best after Kirk, Engram and ETN. Jones in the mix too. Lawrence is good but not elite.
In that offense, yeah.
Interesting take. I love this landing spot as a Davis believer, and I did not like Buffalo O. Go talk to a Diggs owner about how awesome Buffalo O is for WRs.
I am a Diggs owner 😎

I know it’s vogue to complain about him these days but 100 plus catches and 1200-1500 years every year. I’ll take that.

Hope Davis does well. Seems like a good dude and a team player. Just don’t see him as a viable #3 and a so so #4.
Don't get me wrong... time will tell. As a Diggs owner you have to acknowledge that passing offense went into reverse in 2023. Down the stretch, it became TE/running heavy and very little for any WR. As you know, in the final 11 NFL weeks Diggs had just two games where he exceeded 80 yards (87, 86). Most were well below that (58, 70, 34, 27, 74, 24, 48, 29, 28). When a WR1 gets those totals, it speaks volumes and hard to judge the performance of anyone getting leftovers. In fairness, people could say the same about the Jags passing attack in 2023. I've always liked Gabe's talent though, and I believe his ceiling is yet to be tapped.
Trust me, I’m aware Diggs was pretty bad the 2nd half of season. But I think it can be fixed. Don’t think it was a sudden talent drop off on Diggs part. But that’s a separate discussion that was beat to death on the Diggs thread a couple months back.

Davis kind of took a backseat to Shakir the 2nd half of the season. There had to be a reason for that. I doubt it was personal.

We shall see I guess but I’m not excited about the move. Obviously

I'd try selling Diggs. The guy is 30 and a constant locker room cancer. Wait until his skills start to decline and he blames other people for this lack of separation.

Better to be a year early than late and he turns 31 in November. I refuse to draft Diggs. I want whatever WR they draft in the first two rounds this season.
Nah. Have gone back to back and Diggs and Keenan will probably die on my team, which I’m fine with. Have picks 1, 9 and 13 and plan on taking 3 WRs to get young again. Good year to do that.

Of course if someone offered a decent haul, that could change.

I feel you! I'm like that with Derrick Henry. Logically I should trade him, but he'll end up retiring on my team even when he's plodding for 3.5 YPC.

In that offense, yeah.

In that offense, yeah.
I am a Diggs owner 😎

I know it’s vogue to complain about him these days but 100 plus catches and 1200-1500 years every year. I’ll take that.

Hope Davis does well. Seems like a good dude and a team player. Just don’t see him as a viable #3 and a so so #4.
Don't get me wrong... time will tell. As a Diggs owner you have to acknowledge that passing offense went into reverse in 2023. Down the stretch, it became TE/running heavy and very little for any WR. As you know, in the final 11 NFL weeks Diggs had just two games where he exceeded 80 yards (87, 86). Most were well below that (58, 70, 34, 27, 74, 24, 48, 29, 28). When a WR1 gets those totals, it speaks volumes and hard to judge the performance of anyone getting leftovers. In fairness, people could say the same about the Jags passing attack in 2023. I've always liked Gabe's talent though, and I believe his ceiling is yet to be tapped.
Trust me, I’m aware Diggs was pretty bad the 2nd half of season. But I think it can be fixed. Don’t think it was a sudden talent drop off on Diggs part. But that’s a separate discussion that was beat to death on the Diggs thread a couple months back.

Davis kind of took a backseat to Shakir the 2nd half of the season. There had to be a reason for that. I doubt it was personal.

I'd try selling Diggs. The guy is 30 and a constant locker room cancer. Wait until his skills start to decline and he blames other people for this lack of separation.

Better to be a year early than late and he turns 31 in November. I refuse to draft Diggs. I want whatever WR they draft in the first two rounds this season.
Nah. Have gone back to back and Diggs and Keenan will probably die on my team, which I’m fine with. Have picks 1, 9 and 13 and plan on taking 3 WRs to get young again. Good year to do that.

If your team is floundering, mid-season is probably going to be your last chance to cash on either/both.

I like the approach so long as you’re competitive, but if not, I’d float them to the contenders to see if you get get some draft capital.

In that offense, yeah.

In that offense, yeah.
I am a Diggs owner 😎

If your team is floundering, mid-season is probably going to be your last chance to cash on either/both.

I like the approach so long as you’re competitive, but if not, I’d float them to the contenders to see if you get get some draft capital.
Agree but I still have the best team and it’s in good shape overall. Might move one of them towards the end of the season to a team wanting to make a run. Value is pretty low right now.

But I think it can be fixed. Don’t think it was a sudden talent drop off on Diggs part.
Right, neither do I. I think it is the offensive scheme. I also think understanding and accepting that is fair play gauging Davis.
It's a catch 22 though. He's gonna be pissed when Buffalo drafts Troy Franklin and when Franklin sees more targets than him.

Situation is a powder keg, imo. You'll see the Bills put plans in place to move on from Diggs this draft, 100%.

He's due $27,000,000+ the next 3 seasons at age 31, 32, and 33. Which just doesn't happen in this league.

But I think it can be fixed. Don’t think it was a sudden talent drop off on Diggs part.
Right, neither do I. I think it is the offensive scheme. I also think understanding and accepting that is fair play gauging Davis.
It's a catch 22 though. He's gonna be pissed when Buffalo drafts Troy Franklin and when Franklin sees more targets than him.

Situation is a powder keg, imo. You'll see the Bills put plans in place to move on from Diggs this draft, 100%.

He's due $27,000,000+ the next 3 seasons at age 31, 32, and 33. Which just doesn't happen in this league.
Well, if they draft Franklin, no way he out targets Diggs. Very few rookies step in and dominate immediately. Very rare.

Of course they have to prepare for life after Diggs but won’t happen this year.

Good move for the Jags. Not ideal for Davis fantasy, but not terrible. He's a WR 3/4
Agreed. WR3 with occasional WR2 bursts, WR4 floors.

Should be decent enough to plug into flex slot every week with the occasional boom game. Probably TD dependent, bur slightly less so than in BUF.

Doesn’t have a RZ vulture QB, so his size could be useful in that part of the field.

Let's unpack this further. He'll never be a 1,000 yard receiver. He relies too much on the home run for that, but he does have a TD upside that other players who catch a ton of passes don't.

He could end up with 10+ touchdowns and that's where his value will come from. The bottom line is he'll see more relevant targets than he did in Buffalo.

Agree that he's pretty much pointless in 1PPR and would be on my DND list. But in 0.5 PPR I'll take his bomb TDs over a guy like Josh Downs.
We should also take care to recognize that these are two different teams with vastly different QBs. TLaw moves the sticks in the air, while Allen often takes off running.

There could be a little more in the reception column.

He’s never gonna be a Tim Brown, but there’s a little chicken & the egg here where BUF wasn’t super creative with him.

Depending what else JAX does, 1000 yards might not be out of the realm of possibility.
Last year Allen had more pass attempts than Lawrence. Can you explain that point to me of more receptions due to....

Good move for the Jags. Not ideal for Davis fantasy, but not terrible. He's a WR 3/4

Should be decent enough to plug into flex slot every week with the occasional boom game. Probably TD dependent, bur slightly less so than in BUF.

Doesn’t have a RZ vulture QB, so his size could be useful in that part of the field.

Let's unpack this further. He'll never be a 1,000 yard receiver. He relies too much on the home run for that, but he does have a TD upside that other players who catch a ton of passes don't.

He could end up with 10+ touchdowns and that's where his value will come from. The bottom line is he'll see more relevant targets than he did in Buffalo.

Agree that he's pretty much pointless in 1PPR and would be on my DND list. But in 0.5 PPR I'll take his bomb TDs over a guy like Josh Downs.
We should also take care to recognize that these are two different teams with vastly different QBs. TLaw moves the sticks in the air, while Allen often takes off running.

He’s never gonna be a Tim Brown, but there’s a little chicken & the egg here where BUF wasn’t super creative with him.

Depending what else JAX does, 1000 yards might not be out of the realm of possibility.
Last year Allen had more pass attempts than Lawrence. Can you explain that point to me of more receptions due to....
no idea what’s going to happen in JAX.

Pass attempts =/= targets though, so logic fail.

There were multiple games where Davis was used primarily as a blocker (including the 0 target game where he got the game ball). Perhaps he’ll get *more targets* in JAX, which would mean *more receptions*?

I hope that’s a good enough explanation for you.

There were multiple games where Davis was used primarily as a blocker (including the 0 target game where he got the game ball). Perhaps he’ll get *more targets* in JAX, which would mean *more receptions*?

Easy tiger.

I do understand the possibility of being used differently, but failed to understand how Allen runs for it while Lawrence passes to move the sticks when Allen had more pass attempts and completions.
I don't have any logic fail when discussing that point.

What would you put his value at now? Late 2nd? early or late 3rd?

Easy tiger.
All good - I tried to answer your question.
I do understand the possibility of being used differently, but failed to understand how Allen runs for it while Lawrence passes to move the sticks when Allen had more pass attempts and completions.
I don't have any logic fail when discussing that point
Because again, volume by a QB doesn’t necessarily equate to targets for a WR. Was that somehow unclear in my response?

I saw that as a logical disconnect in your rather pointed question.

IMO Davis will be targeted more in JAX than he was in BUF. That should lead to more receptions.
What would you put his value at now? Late 2nd? early or late 3rd?
No idea. I’m happy as a shareholder as I believe this could be a bump in value. I wouldn’t take a 3rd for him in either league. I need a WR more than I need a 2nd in both, so you’re probably asking the wrong person.

Jags just refuse to invest in and truly help Lawrence with a true #1. This will be their "big" signing to help him out.

Trevor isn't a QB that can make average WRs elite. He needs the talent already there, and then can piggyback off of that. This signing doesn't help him in the big picture.

And if I hear Kirk referred to as a legit WR1 one more time.....
I think they like to spread the ball around.

Kirk isn’t a WR1, but he can move the chains.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see them sign another WR. They picked up Duverney, but that’s hardly a splash move.

Users who are viewing this thread