What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jordan Addison, MIN (1 Viewer)

#2 WR. Some think he’s #1. He’s certainly better than Quintin Johnston IMO. I personally like Boutte and think people are forgetting about him.
Addison is clear WR #2.
I like Kayshon Boutte as well but his day did not provide good numbers.
My concern is QJ will fall to me at 1.07 and I will have to make a determination on him….

#2 WR. Some think he’s #1. He’s certainly better than Quintin Johnston IMO. I personally like Boutte and think people are forgetting about him.
Addison is clear WR #2.
My concern is QJ will fall to me at 1.07 and I will have to make a determination on him….
If you get the number one WR athlete at 1.7, it’s a good deal.

I mean, I get that people wanted more, but they’re out here acting like he just arrived on earth, and will need football explained to him. His upside isn’t Jefferson? Still might be Courtland Sutton

Addison is clear WR #2.
If you get the number one WR athlete at 1.7, it’s a good deal.

I mean, I get that people wanted more, but they’re out here acting like he just arrived on earth, and will need football explained to him. His upside isn’t Jefferson? Still might be Courtland Sutton
Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

On the positive note if you bought into Devonta Smith comps nothing today in his measurments or 40 should pull you away from that thought.
This is exactly what came to mind.

Smith was by 1 report 166. Didn't run an official 40, but Google tells me he was thought to in the 4.4's. IDK how that was determined or how accurate it was.

NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh Jordan Addison said in a recent interview that he “models” his game after Calvin Ridley. Addison also said that he “knows” he’s the best WR in this year’s NFL Draft. The New York Giants have reportedly been in the most contact with the USC WR as of recently according to Addison. The Giants currently hold the 25th overall pick in the first round

I hit the character limit in my Route Running thread, so I'm putting the full quotes and links for each player in their bespoke threads.

+ "He is a true No. 1 receiver who can run all the routes in the book." "graded best on slants, crossing routes and out-routes" - https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-profile-wr-jordan-addison-usc
+ "His route running though is something to behold" - https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-skol-search-jordan-addison-scouting-report/
+/- "Ran a variety of different routes to different levels of the field but primarily runs routes within ten yards of the line of scrimmage" "can struggle to stack defenders in his hip when running routes down the field" - https://www.fantasypros.com/2023/01/2023-nfl-draft-scouting-report-jordan-addison-wr-usc/
+ "As a route runner Addison is extremely silky" - https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/1/18/23559776/2023-nfl-draft-preview-scouting-report-jordan-addison
+ "one of the elite route runners in this class" - POSSIBLY A RANDOM DUDE ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/jarednfldraft/status/1617595563528310785
+ "He's an outstanding route-runner" - https://pressboxonline.com/2023/03/...rs-reminiscent-of-this-veteran-wide-receiver/
+ "precise route running is his forte" - https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/n...f-smooth-route-running-ability-at-usc-pro-day
+ "defining trait is certainly his ability to create separation in and out of his breaks" - https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/f...ing-40-yard-dash-dynasty-advanced-stats-more/
+ "route running features acceleration, dynamic steering and sudden turns" - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-addison/32004144-4449-1056-9ba9-b09766bad478
+ "very smooth, polished route runner" - https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2023-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0
+ "fluidity as a route runner allows him to waste little to no space", "has run the full route tree playing in multiple offensive systems and continued to look explosive and fluid running routes at all three levels of the field", "As technically sound as it gets from a route running standpoint relative to the rest of this draft class." - https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/f...y-football-dynasty-outlook-40-yard-dash-more/

Last edited:
Jared Tokarz @JaredNFLDraft
It’s pretty evident there hasn’t been as much love for USC WR Jordan Addison as there was in the beginning of the year but I’ll say this… Jordan Addison is a very SAFE pick imo He is battle-tested to a degree. He performed at elite levels for two different P5 colleges/coaching schemes etc. The label of a system player who only excelled due to the system around him goes out the window here. Here’s proven to some degree, he’s no fluke. I think that’s actually worth something.

Vikings selected USC WR Jordan Addison with the No. 23 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Absolutely fed targets by Kenny Pickett as a true sophomore at Pitt in 2021, Addison (5’11/173) rode a 100/1,593/17 stat line to the Biletnikoff Award as the nation’s top wideout. Addison cashed that accolade into a USC transfer to play for Caleb Williams in Lincoln Riley’s offense. Although he continued to stand out on film, Addison’s production nearly halved in 2022 as Williams and Riley spread the ball around. Addison was still pristine in and out of his routes, displaying the kind of precision and versatility that hinted at a next level difference-maker. That’s good since Addison bombed the Combine, clocking a slower-than-expected 4.49 40-yard dash while underwhelming with his jumps and agility. He also measured in two inches shorter than his listed college height. Addison lacks special “traits,” but his college film and production tell the story of a player whose whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and can contribute on both the inside and out.
Apr 27, 2023, 10:55 PM ET

When your defense is so broken it can’t be fixed……I have mixed feelings, but do like the player. Gonna be lot of over unders of about 55 next year on the Vikes….

One of the best fits of any pick of day 1. Addison is a perfect complement to Jefferson, and probably hurts Hockenson a bit, as he'll be a bigger threat than 2022 Thielen. Addison being the 4th WR off the board was a slight surprise, he's a lot safer pick than Johnston/Flowers.

I love this pick a lot for the Vikings, and this is coming from a Bears fan. That offense is going to be even harder to stop.

Didn’t watch much USC or PAC football.

Last night I was ecstatic mostly because we didn’t pick Levis. Who I am very cold on, and doesn’t change what I still think is a pretty good roster this year.

Today I’m ecstatic about Addison. Spent the day watching his tape and really like what I see. Polished WR that compliments extremely well to Jefferson.

I think someone said it in the draft thread. Defense at 23 wasn’t going to solve the Vikings defense. Might as well try try to outscore our opponents.

I like Addison as an immediate piece to contribute this year and help win some games in a division that seems pretty open.

His play style looks really similar to Justin Jefferson's. Seems like the Vikings are trying to rerun the same formula. I see it as a positive if they're right again.

NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh
Jordan Addison said recently that the three WR’s that went ahead of him was “all the fuel” he needed to become a star in the NFL. Several NFL scouts reportedly believe Addison has a “good shot” of being a Top-5 WR2 by the end of his rookie season. Many scouts also believe Addison going for 1,000 yards “wouldn’t shock” many people around the league. Now, he gets to team up with arguably the best WR in the league, Justin Jefferson. Kirk Cousins got himself a WEAPON

Addison was not my favorite prospect (skinny, not particularly athletic, wilted a bit when asked to play up on the line against press at USC), but similar to Jahan Dotson, he landed in a great spot to succeed without really having to worry about overcoming those issues. He's my favorite to lead rookie WRs in fantasy points this year.
I have a really tough choice at 1.07 (SF ) between Addison and Johnston. Addison seems really likely to hit, but I like Johnston's chances to develop into a stud wr more if he does hit.

3 Observations: 2023 Vikings Rookies Hit Field for Minicamp

Excerpt:

1. Addison smooth in transition

Jordan Addison put plenty of smooth plays on his college game film. Whether it was for two seasons at Pittsburgh that he capped by winning the Biletnikoff Award or last season at Southern California, he showed a playmaking prowess in many different ways.
The first-round pick donned his No. 3 Vikings practice jersey and looked the part of a receiver who will be ready to contribute to the Vikings offense. He worked on the outside and from the inside and had clean cuts and footwork, even though he was catching passes for the first time from fifth-round pick Jaren Hall and tryout invitee Logan Nelson.
Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell said Addison has been participating in videoconference meetings "within the confines of the rules" since his selection with the No. 23 overall pick.
O'Connell noted Addison's confidence in lining up at multiple spots but said he was most interested in watching the receiver run in and out of his breaks during routes.
"I thought Jordan had a really, really good day and just looks and feels the part, which is exactly what I expected out of him," O'Connell said.

Vikings signed No. 23 overall pick WR Jordan Addison to a four-year contract.

Addison's rookie contract should come in at roughly $13.7 million over four years. It is fully guaranteed and includes a fifth-year team option. Addison was productive as a freshman but posted his true breakout season as a sophomore. With Kenny Pickett as his quarterback, Addison went for 1,593 yards and 17 scores in 2021. He then transferred to USC for his final season in the college ranks. Addison's numbers took a hit this year, but he still stood out on film and left school as a highly-coveted receiver prospect. Playing alongside Justin Jefferson will allow him to dodge his opponents' best corners, making his life far easier as a rookie. Addison will sit on the WR3/4 border heading into his rookie season.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
May 17, 2023 at 3:18 PM ET

Got him at 1.9 in a SF league. No way predraft did I think he'd fall into my lap there :pickle:

Likewise. Was absolutely thrilled as QJ isn’t my jam, and I didn’t need Levis, so both those guys going ahead made him just fall into my lap.
Same. Not a fan of QJ but when Addison fell to me at 1.08 I jumped on it and had to let Flowers go.
In my 1QB league I was surprised ARich 1.05 & Young 1.06 got me Charbonnet at 1.07 & Addison 1.08

Vikings coach Kevin O'Connell said Jordan Addison (unspecified) is not participating at voluntary OTAs due to a minor injury.​

“We’re being overly cautious with him right now ... Something that popped up toward the end of rookie minicamp. Nothing serious at all. Kind of a day-to-day thing that we’re working through," O'Connell is quoted as saying. Addison should be fine going forward and this isn't worth worrying too much about unless we see a lengthier absence.
SOURCE: Pro Football Talk on NBCSports.com
May 30, 2023, 4:41 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread