What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jordan Addison, MIN (2 Viewers)

Vikings HC Kevin O'Connell said he expects Jordan Addison (unspecified) to be a full participant by training camp.​

Addison has been sidelined with an unspecified injury for the majority of offseason programs, but O'Connell believes he'll be ready come training camp. The Vikings used the No. 23 overall pick on Addison last April and expect him to be an immediate contributor to the offense with Adam Thielen now in Carolina. While Addison hasn't spent much time on the field, O'Connell praised Addison's preparedness in meetings and said they have a plan to get him up to speed once he returns to the field. A popular pick in fantasy drafts, Addison missing time won't do him many favors in regards to separating himself from players like K.J. Osborn. Still, he has plenty of time to impress in camp and could be a fringe WR3/4 in PPR leagues.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Jun 19, 2023, 4:24 PM ET

Vikings rookie wide receiver Jordan Addison was charged with reckless driving last night
🚨
.Was doing 140 MPH in his lambo.

not ideal - but a kid speeding isn't uncommon or some huge deal. Heck I hit 100 mph on the Parkway on my way to work without even realizing it (then I slowed down).
That's fair, but it's not what I look for in a prospect. Granted you did already say not ideal, so I'm not really disagreeing. But I might consider it a little bit of a bigger deal. And yes I've done 114 on a straight highway with zero traffic at a time and place that I never saw cops -- and that was dumb, but it's also not 140 and I didn't have a personal "brand" to hold up as an NFL prospect.

But he's already got his money so if he doesn't screw it up this won't affect anything at all. Just a yellow, maybe yellow-orange, flag.

Personally, I'm not writing off 140 as a kid with money and a fast car just being a kid. I'm waiting for more details on where and when this took place. Rural interstate with very little traffic vs urban freeway with a 55/60 mph limit does matter. It's a flag for me either way, but if it's the latter then it's a red flag on a kid who must be some combination of stupid and arrogant in the wake of Henry Ruggs. Outstate stretch of freeway where he wanted to see what it could do, I'm probably not as quick to bury him. I'll admit that the frames and snippets of his post-draft interviews already had me thinking there was knucklehead / diva wr potential here.

From a dynasty standpoint, I already wasn't sold on the ceiling to use the 1.7 in 1QB / 2WR+FLEX. There are some Vikings fans in the league, so he was under consideration. I think this is enough for me to move on to other targets and cross him off at that spot. I was already leaning towards Flowers anyway.

I'm waiting for more details on where and when this took place.

accused of traveling 140 mph early Thursday morning in a 55-mph zone while driving a Lamborghini Urus, according to a statement by the Minnesota State Patrol. The incident occurred on eastbound Interstate 94 near Dale Street in St. Paul, according to the MSP.

early morning for you and I is like 6-7 am

in police reports that generally means between midnight and last call time frame

I'm waiting for more details on where and when this took place.

accused of traveling 140 mph early Thursday morning in a 55-mph zone while driving a Lamborghini Urus, according to a statement by the Minnesota State Patrol. The incident occurred on eastbound Interstate 94 near Dale Street in St. Paul, according to the MSP.

early morning for you and I is like 6-7 am

in police reports that generally means between midnight and last call time frame
3 am which as @Hot Sauce Guy said earlier him not being drunk is kind of encouraging and this will be nothing but a learning experience for him.

Profootball Talk (if you still use it) has more info

Vikings first-round pick Jordan Addison has been cited for reckless driving by the Minnesota State Police.

An incident report shows that Addison was stopped by a trooper on I-94 early on Thursday morning. The wide receiver was observed to be going 140 miles per hour in a Lamborghini Urus while in a 55 miles per hour zone. He was cited for speeding as well as reckless driving.

The team issued a statement saying they are aware of the citation and are gathering more information.

The Vikings drafted Addison with the 23rd overall pick in April. He starred at Pitt while catching passes from Steelers starter Kenny Pickett before transferring to USC for his final collegiate season.

Vikings rookies are due to report to camp on July 23 with the full squad arriving a couple of days later.

3am on an urban stretch of 55mph freeway between downtown Mpls and St. Paul. I don't know, if you need to learn a lesson not to do that, I worry what other lessons the kid is going to need to learn or will be slow to pick up.

Not saying firing squad, worst sociopath of all-time. Just spitballing in terms of a dynasty manager that hasn't had their draft yet. Definitely moving him down.

3am on an urban stretch of 55mph freeway between downtown Mpls and St. Paul. I don't know, if you need to learn a lesson not to do that, I worry what other lessons the kid is going to need to learn or will be slow to pick up.

Not saying firing squad, worst sociopath of all-time. Just spitballing in terms of a dynasty manager that hasn't had their draft yet. Definitely moving him down.
Same. I had him as #2 WR but knocking him below Johnston. Possibly below Flowers.

I think devaluating him for this is pretty shortsighted IMO.

It's stupid, but 21 year olds do stupid things. If he did it, or something similar, again then I'd start to get worried.

not ideal - but a kid speeding isn't uncommon or some huge deal. Heck I hit 100 mph on the Parkway on my way to work without even realizing it (then I slowed down).
Yeah, 140 is really flying though. Still he’s a young guy and hopefully a relatively easy lesson for him here.
I hope so, because if he doesn’t, he could end up like Paul Walker, even though Walker wasn’t driving.

Okay boomer

I’m just kidding-I’m not far from being a boomer myself. But this is pretty close to a nothingburger for me.

It's stupid, but 21 year olds do stupid things. If he did it, or something similar, again then I'd start to get worried.
The thing is, for me at least, Addison/Johnston was splitting hairs. So even the smallest cut to his value drops him a spot.
This. Removing Addison off your draft board, shortsighted. Not devaluing him at all relative to other players in the same tier for driving 140 in a 55, that's shortsighted.

I preferred Flowers before, so that's an easy decision now. I have been pretty low on Johnston, but he's a physical specimen that Addison isn't, has a franchise QB Addison doesn't, and hasn't been tagged for going 140 in a 55. Since I usually draft for upside anyway, it's time for me to move him back up above Addison.

Okay boomer

I’m just kidding-I’m not far from being a boomer myself. But this is pretty close to a nothingburger for me.
Not sure if you've seen any of the footballguys demographics polls, but 'boomer' as an insult here will carry about as much weight as it does over on the AARP forum.

Aside from that, nope. Just raised by two that taught me not to go 85 over.

My first thought was Uris was one Thanos' henchmen and I was like cool, they named a car after a minor villain.

Okay boomer

So you’re gen-x. My brother is gen-x and he is a strange one. He comes from the dungeons and dragons era.

The thing is, for me at least, Addison/Johnston was splitting hairs. So even the smallest cut to his value drops him a spot.
This. Removing Addison off your draft board, shortsighted. Not devaluing him at all relative to other players in the same tier for driving 140 in a 55, that's shortsighted.

I preferred Flowers before, so that's an easy decision now. I have been pretty low on Johnston, but he's a physical specimen that Addison isn't, has a franchise QB Addison doesn't, and hasn't been tagged for going 140 in a 55. Since I usually draft for upside anyway, it's time for me to move him back up above Addison.
Hate on cousins all you want because he doesn’t win big games, but he is a franchise qb that throws up better passing stats than most.

People get caught up with the little crime, but the big crime is paying a quarter of a million dollars for Lamborghini's version of a Subaru Outback.

I had to look up the Lamborghini Urus, because I didn't know what it was. Are you thinking you have no idea what a Urus is? Me either.

According to Wikipedia, Urus is the ancestor of modern domestic cattle. :mellow:
Well I now have beef with him, so its a fairly prophetic name.

People get caught up with the little crime, but the big crime is paying a quarter of a million dollars for Lamborghini's version of a Subaru Outback.

I had to look up the Lamborghini Urus, because I didn't know what it was. Are you thinking you have no idea what a Urus is? Me either.

According to Wikipedia, Urus is the ancestor of modern domestic cattle. :mellow:
I am curious how they get an electric vehicle to hit 140 mph!!
Top speed just shy of 190 mph!!
That is some fast beef stroganoff!!

If I had a lambo, I bet I would hit some pretty high speeds as well.

Although not ideal, this seems to be a big old nothing burger.
Not if you die. Easy to lose control at 140 mph and your chances of survival isn’t good at that speed.
Some highways throughout the world don’t even have speed limits.
I've driven the stretch of road he was on dozens to perhaps 100+ times (I lived right off of it my second year of law school and drive this stretch regularly for several years because it's the main highway between St. Paul and Minneapolis). It's 55 mph because it gets congested during rush hour. So, at 3 AM or whatever, can somebody drive substantially more than the speed limit? Almost certainly - and I recall doing it myself a few late nights/early mornings as I was coming back from a poker card club and had class in the morning (but that's doing like 80 mph in a crappy Ford Tempo or whatever the POS cheap car was that I had). However, 140 mph is recklessly fast even with nobody on that road and I'm trying to even recall where the

I'm willing to chalk this up to youthful stupidity and don't intend to let this impact where I draft Addison. However, we get another incident like this, and I worry about him as a fantasy owner and Vikings fan.

Last edited:
It's not the end-of-the-world but it's not nothing (nice English there)...it's a reason to keep an eye on him...could be a wake-up call that he needs to grow-up or it could be a sign of things to come...like every kid his age it's up to him what direction he now goes...all that being said going 140mph is just asinine and selfish regardless of how old you are.

Not if you die. Easy to lose control at 140 mph and your chances of survival isn’t good at that speed.
.....and some have 55 mph in areas for a reason. Regardless, driving 140 mph is just plain stupid regardless of the highway. These guys aren't race car drivers. If you wreck on a city street at that speed you're going to die most likely.

.....and some have 55 mph in areas for a reason. Regardless, driving 140 mph is just plain stupid regardless of the highway. These guys aren't race car drivers.
I’m just saying people are being a bit hyperbolic in this thread and some are being a bit overly sanctimonious.

I’m guessing there’s very few people in this thread that have never driven well over the speed limit - and there’s not that much difference between going 90 or 140 on open straight highway. And, I’ve driven on the Autobahn in Germany doing 90 and had cars flying past me and leaving me in the dust - and I don’t think I’ve ever felt safer behind the wheel - people know how to drive there.

Of course this isn’t a “good thing”, but it’s far from saying anything about his character (he’s a kid that opened up in his new toy) or his chances at being successful in the NFL.

And now I bow out of this mess….

I remember pushing my car to the limit in New Mexico headed east to Texas where its a wide freeway and a completely flat straightaway for many many miles in the daytime.

That is completely different than doing this on that road where there is construction at night.

Im glad nothing bad happened to him.

I’m guessing there’s very few people in this thread that have never driven well over the speed limit - and there’s not that much difference between going 90 or 140 on open straight highway.
SayWhat? You can’t possibly believe that there’s little difference in 90 vs 140. I bet Henry Riggs wishes he’d have been going 90. Might his outcome have been the same? Sure, it’s possible. But those 50mph for what can go wrong at 90 vs 140 amount to a lot more than “little difference.”

ETA: This wasn’t some wide open interstate in the middle of North Dakota either.

I’m guessing there’s very few people in this thread that have never driven well over the speed limit - and there’s not that much difference between going 90 or 140 on open straight highway.
SayWhat? You can’t possibly believe that there’s little difference in 90 vs 140. I bet Henry Riggs wishes he’d have been going 90. Might his outcome have been the same? Sure, it’s possible. But those 50mph for what can go wrong at 90 vs 140 amount to a lot more than “little difference.”

ETA: This wasn’t some wide open interstate in the middle of North Dakota either.
I’ll chime back in to say they’re both very dangerous (just to clear up a misconception about what I actually said) but I’m out on this topic.

I feel like a real square, I've never topped 90 in my life. Maybe deep down I've been afraid if I topped 88 MPH I'd go back in time?
When I was 16 I got a base model Dodge Spirit up to 120 mph on a freeway in the middle of the night. Car felt like it was moments from breaking into a thousand pieces.

I wasn't even that much of a knucklehead either. Kids do stupid stuff on occasion. This is a data point. Something similar happens then there is a trend that is concerning. But, this in a vacuum? Nothingburger IMO

Just sent a couple of offers out for him, in the comments section I placed links to the most excellent Tracy Chapmen song Fast Car, as well as Luke Combs' solid cover, a certain Sammy Hagar tune and Judas Priest's Heading Out To The Highway. Eagerly awaiting responses.

Hate on cousins all you want because he doesn’t win big games, but he is a franchise qb that throws up better passing stats than most.
Good grief, I can only guess how many times you've watched Quarterback this past week.

Not a Cousins hater. Respect what he can do. The context of this comment is which QB would you rather have in place for your rookie WR that's probably not hitting his stride for another year or two. Cousins vs Justin bleeping Herbert. Love Cousins, but to state the obvious in comparison to one of the top young QBs in the game, Kirk is 34 and there's a reason the Vikings are making him prove it this season. None of this means that Cousins sucks.

"You don't hit 140 mph unintentionally."

~Signed,
Henry Ruggs

Only point is that isn't just a "boys being boys" speed. It's a boys being dangerous idiots speed and it speaks a lot about his character, or lack thereof.

I'm not condoning Addison's behavior. But ruggs doing 140 on a 25 mph street is way different than doing 140 on a 55mph Rd.
-signed: some guy who found out the governor on a Saturn is 105mph as a kid, but now glares at people that drive too fast down his road

Users who are viewing this thread