What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (5 Viewers)

Ugh, I almost wish they would have held him out and got him healthy instead of him possibly being "limited." I could see the Falcons getting up big and sitting him.

That said I'm starting DX over Julio without much confidence. :unsure:

It's Julio or D. Jackson with a rookie QB for me. I would rather he was just sitting instead of having to make these decisions.

True, but when they return a pick six, and Turner poops his way into 8 carries 12 yards and 2 td's and they are up 21-0, It turns into goaline snaps only.

I'm playing him.

I have to believe that the Falcons would just sit him if they thought there was any chance for a setback with the ankle. They've got their eye on the prize this season and will NEED Julio to get it. No way they risk that.

how worried is everyone that he will play decoy only and then come out if they go up early? it is the cardinals. Unfortunately, my other option is Ryan Mathews, who is no lock either.

Starting him over Donnie Avery and Danario. Because I believe very strongly in never benching your studs I won't be too upset if one of those guys go off and Julio is a dud.

how worried is everyone that he will play decoy only and then come out if they go up early? it is the cardinals. Unfortunately, my other option is Ryan Mathews, who is no lock either.
Not at all. ARZ defense is no pushover... I don't see the Falcons being able to stomp them early and coast.If however, IF they do manage to crush them by halftime... Julio would have to be a major part of that.

I have to sit him over Marshall and A Johnson.

Can't trust him to get enough balls thrown his way.

Even if he is a deep ball threat, how is he going to go full steam and beat anyone if he's limping?

Atl. will go short to Gonzo and mid range to White with Jones as a decoy.

My best guess 3 catches for 45 yards and no TD.

Too risky to start since he probably won't play much if they get a decent lead during the game. I'm benching him and starting Cobb in one league but forced to start him in another where Kerley and Garcon are my bench options.

True, but when they return a pick six, and Turner poops his way into 8 carries 12 yards and 2 td's and they are up 21-0, It turns into goaline snaps only.
That could happen even if he was 100% healthy.
Okay, but if that happens today, Julio probably sees very few snaps after that unless Arizona somehow got back in the game. Ordinarily, Julio would still be out there seeing his normal snaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to sit him over Marshall and A Johnson. Can't trust him to get enough balls thrown his way. Even if he is a deep ball threat, how is he going to go full steam and beat anyone if he's limping? Atl. will go short to Gonzo and mid range to White with Jones as a decoy. My best guess 3 catches for 45 yards and no TD.
This is what i'm worried about too...dammit I'm gonna have to go with Avery

That could happen even if he was 100% healthy.
Okay, but if that happens today, Julio probably sees very few snaps after that unless Arizona somehow got back in the game. Ordinarily, Julio would still be out there seeing his normal snaps.
STOP USING YOUR LOGIC CRAP WITH ME! :angry:

How many snaps is Julio getting, for those watching?

I know Matty is having a tough day, but 8 yards for JJ so far???

I respect Tarkenton's accomplishments but what he may say about Julio Jones or any other player carries little weight with me. It will have no impact whatsoever on how I proceed with Julio this week. If he starts he starts for me.
:goodposting: +1 and I think the move, if you can swing it, would be to p/u Douglas if you do not have another WR to fill-in. It's not like Julio is blowing it up right so to match his numbers should be easy for us to do.
Yeah, #11 WR in my league for the year. Should be no problem to pick up a scrub off the wire to match his numbers. :rolleyes:
Like I said, picking up someone to replace Jones should be easy...Thank you Mr. Alexander! How did you do? :rolleyes:

the worst thing happened for julio owners--he reaggravates the injury putting next week and beyond at risk. tsk tsk. Against tb and nola, no less.

He should be benched once again if he does not practice this week.

So thankfully I decided to sit JJ and play Marshall and A.Johnson(39 points) :thumbup:

I'm disappointed in Julio this year as are others. I drafted him as my #1 WR and can't trust him.

He's my #2 going forward when he's healthy.

Yesterday was a kick in the nuts but I disagree with the thinking that Jones couldn't be trusted before this week. In his previous five games he put up:

10-94-1

4-63-0

5-123-1

5-129-0

4-75-0 (while missing more than half of the game)

When Julio's been healthy he's been very trustworthy lately. Unfortunately after yesterday I think the trust factor has lessened considerably. He'll need to practice this week for me to play him. A repeat of this past week and he'll be on my bench regardless even if he's active.

Yesterday was a kick in the nuts but I disagree with the thinking that Jones couldn't be trusted before this week. In his previous five games he put up:10-94-14-63-05-123-15-129-04-75-0 (while missing more than half of the game)When Julio's been healthy he's been very trustworthy lately. Unfortunately after yesterday I think the trust factor has lessened considerably. He'll need to practice this week for me to play him. A repeat of this past week and he'll be on my bench regardless even if he's active.
Yip... the adage that if he is active play him, is not so true. For me with any player, practice time is huge. If a player misses practices and then is active, I dont play him.

Yesterday was a kick in the nuts but I disagree with the thinking that Jones couldn't be trusted before this week. In his previous five games he put up:10-94-14-63-05-123-15-129-04-75-0 (while missing more than half of the game)When Julio's been healthy he's been very trustworthy lately. Unfortunately after yesterday I think the trust factor has lessened considerably. He'll need to practice this week for me to play him. A repeat of this past week and he'll be on my bench regardless even if he's active.
Yip... the adage that if he is active play him, is not so true.
Nope. He's no Megatron in that regard. We found that out the hard way yesterday.

Yep, I need him to practice to start for me. Benched DX and cannot afford to have that statline ride the pine.

I really wish they just didn't use him this week. Unless his ankle feels completely fine, I don't see them making the same mistake again. I think he'll be benched next week in favor of getting him healthy. I really could use him this week, but I'd rather have him healthy during the fantasy playoffs.

Yesterday was a kick in the nuts but I disagree with the thinking that Jones couldn't be trusted before this week. In his previous five games he put up:

10-94-1

4-63-0

5-123-1

5-129-0

4-75-0 (while missing more than half of the game)

When Julio's been healthy he's been very trustworthy lately. Unfortunately after yesterday I think the trust factor has lessened considerably. He'll need to practice this week for me to play him. A repeat of this past week and he'll be on my bench regardless even if he's active.
Yip... the adage that if he is active play him, is not so true.
Nope. He's no Megatron in that regard. We found that out the hard way yesterday.
Well, it was not that hard to figure out. He had no practice this week, the Falcons have a few other weapons in the passing game, and he had similar results earlier this year when he came back from his hand laceration - 1 catch game.Where else is Detroit going to throw the ball?

I really wish they just didn't use him this week. Unless his ankle feels completely fine, I don't see them making the same mistake again. I think he'll be benched next week in favor of getting him healthy. I really could use him this week, but I'd rather have him healthy during the fantasy playoffs.
:goodposting: Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread