What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (2 Viewers)

Julio Jones caught 5-of-8 targets for 66 yards in the Falcons' Week 14 win over the Panthers.

Jones had the most difficult matchup on the team against CB James Bradberry, which led to a below-average day. Julio did still have his moments, including an over-the-shoulder grab as he tiptoed near the sideline. That catch set him up for his sixth-straight 1,000-yard season. It's been a historic run for Julio, who should close the year out as a WR1. Julio has another difficult task in San Francisco next week but may see extended targets if Calvin Ridley (abdomen) misses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julio Jones (shoulder) was a limited participant for Wednesday's practice.

Jones was limited for every workout last week before suiting up and battling for 5/66 receiving from Matt Ryan. The struggling 30-year-old will likely follow the same practice schedule and suit up for this nightmarish spot against San Francisco's secondary. Richard Sherman's (hamstring, out) absence at the very least keeps Jones slotted as a bet-on-talent WR1/2 in a rough on-paper matchup for Week 15.

SOURCE: Vaughn McClure on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 4:07 PM ET

Should this impress me?  I’m underwhelmed. By this and his season. 
Frustrating season with him.

I’m in the Semis though just waiting for him to......Score!

Between Julio, DJ Moore, and Barkley on my team it’s been crazy with the lack of touchdowns production. It’s just not there!. I hope they all break out this week.

Imagine that, I’m waiting for supposed studs to break out.......

Between Julio, DJ Moore, and Barkley on my team it’s been crazy with the lack of touchdowns production. It’s just not there!. I hope they all break out this week.

He cost me my season. I lost this week by 7

Slight underdog in my semis this week. Considering benching him for Deebo.  I think it would be the first time I didn't start him in the 3 seasons I've had him.

Edit - OTOH, I see that Richard Sherman is out, which takes a bit of the teeth out of the SF pass defense.

NEVER DOUBTED THEM!!!!!

Going Bowling!

Julio Jones caught 10-of-15 targets for 166 yards in the Falcons' Week 16 win over the Jaguars.

Jones now has 23 receptions for a cool 300 yards and two touchdowns over his past two games, bringing him to 92/1,316/6 on the season. That means he is 84 yards shy of his sixth straight 1,400-yard campaign. Jones already holds the record for most consecutive 1,400-yard campaigns. Getting there next week would tie him with Jerry Rice for the most 1,400-yard seasons all time. The Bucs will be a mouthwatering matchup for a player gunning for the record books.

Julio Jones (knee) will be limited in practice Thursday.

It's a step in the right direction after Jones was sidelined for Wednesday's practice. He's fully expected to suit up Sunday against the Buccaneers. It's an absolute smash spot against the league's single-worst defense in fantasy points per game allowed to opposing WRs. Jones' status as the offense's undisputed top dog in the passing game has resulted in him posting a 23-300-2 line over the past two weeks.

SOURCE: Kelsey Conway on Twitter

Dec 26, 2019, 12:18 PM ET

I think I've talked myself into Julio being the #2 WR this coming season.

I know the TD's haven't been huge.  But he's had 4 seasons of at least 8 TD's--one in a year in which he played 13 games.  And law of averages, he's just so due.  I think Ryan has a huge year as he goes into his 2nd year under yet another OC.  

There's a very close race between Julio, Adams, Hopkins and arguably even Hill. 

Julio has averaged 1565 yards per season over the last 6 seasons.  He's averaged 104 catches.  That's a helluva a 6 year run.  

Adams has a bit more injury trouble it seems.  Adams also only had 5 TD's in 12 games last year.  

He is entering his 10th year as a pro. He has been special since since he stepped on the field his rookie year. Not sure he gets the appreciation he should, a truly magnificent career by an upper echelon physical specimen.

He is entering his 10th year as a pro. He has been special since since he stepped on the field his rookie year. Not sure he gets the appreciation he should, a truly magnificent career by an upper echelon physical specimen.
F*** Dan Quinn and Kyle Shanahan for denying him and Matt Ryan their ring and 100% locking their places in the hall of fame

That Julio catch should have sealed it :sadbanana:

Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) was limited at Friday's practice but will play in Week 1. 

Julio's status is "not in doubt" for this week's game against Seattle, as Atlanta beat writer Vaughn McClure said. He'll see coverage primarily from Seahawks CB Quinton Dunbar in a game featuring one of the week's highest Vegas totals (49). 

SOURCE: Vaughn McClure on Twitter. 

Sep 11, 2020, 4:15 PM ET

Julio Jones caught 9-of-12 targets for 157 scoreless yards in the Falcons' Week 1 loss to the Seahawks. 

The story of Jones' life. The man is simply a monster — see his circus catch over Shaq Griffin — but it was Calvin Ridley who got the scores, one of them after Griffin and S Jamal Adams ran into each other. Jones' physical dominance is not in question, nor is his target share in the Falcons' post-Austin Hooper/Mohamed Sanu offense. Hopefully he can finally catch years worth of touchdown regression. The Cowboys are not a concerning Week 2 matchup. 

- Rotoworld

Julio Jones (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Jones was limited last week before posting a 9-157-0 line on the Seahawks. He should be fine for Week 2's showdown and potential shootout against the 0-1 Cowboys. Both the Falcons and Dallas are desperate for a win.

Sep 16, 2020, 4:08 PM ET

Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) was limited in practice Thursday. 

Jones should be fine for this week's matchup between the Falcons' and Cowboys' potent offenses. He caught 9-of-12 targets for 157 yards last week against the Seahawks. Maybe something crazy will happen this week and Julio will score a touchdown. You never know. 

SOURCE: Jason Butt on Twitter 

Sep 17, 2020, 4:27 PM ET

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Julio Jones has been dealing with a hamstring injury for a "couple weeks."

Jones was limited in practice this week. The Falcons' concern level is low and Jones is fully expect to play Sunday. Even at less than 100 percent, Jones is set up for a potential Week 2 shootout with the Cowboys.

SOURCE: ESPN

Sep 18, 2020, 11:35 AM ET

I've been saying for a while now, Julio isn't the WR1 in this offense. The transition has happened and it feels like people aren't paying attention. 

I’m sensing a slow changing of the guard in ATL ... 

reminds me of when Reggie Wayne took over as the WR1 in Indy ... Marvin Harrison was still damn valuable - but it was obviously at that point who the WR to own was. 

we are not there yet ... but the time is coming very soon. Next big game from Julio? I’d be selling.

I still want to believe it was a hamstring issue and they didn't want to push him today. Yes the guard is changing but Jones isn't going to fall off the earth just like that. He had almost 160 yards last week. They didn't need him this week. Be interesting to check the snap sheets tomorrow. 

I still want to believe it was a hamstring issue and they didn't want to push him today. Yes the guard is changing but Jones isn't going to fall off the earth just like that. He had almost 160 yards last week. They didn't need him this week. Be interesting to check the snap sheets tomorrow. 
Well they lost, so I would say they did need him. 

Didn't need him? They needed him... and he blew it... dropped a deep pass that bounced off his hands going into the end zone.

Didn't need him? They needed him... and he blew it... dropped a deep pass that bounced off his hands going into the end zone.
Ok they didn't need him for most the day. And you're gonna tell me any other great receiver has never dropped a pass? It happens. Fact remains he was dealing with a hamstring issue all week and previous weeks. No one is talking about that being a factor. They just want to call him washed up.  

Ok they didn't need him for most the day. And you're gonna tell me any other great receiver has never dropped a pass? It happens. Fact remains he was dealing with a hamstring issue all week and previous weeks. No one is talking about that being a factor. They just want to call him washed up.  
Well the "washed up" talk is just Shark Poo. And I agree, the hamstring was probably a factor. But to say they "didn't need him" on a day when they lost - albeit in crazy fashion - and he dropped the game winner is simply not accurate.

Falcons OC Dirk Koetter said he believes there's “more to Julio Jones’ hamstring injury than he led on.”

It would explain why Jones had two catches on four targets last week. Jones rarely gets in full practices, but it looks like his hamstring injury is more than veteran maintenance. Jones will likely be playing at less than 100 percent for a Week 3 matchup with Chicago.

SOURCE: atlantafalcons.com

Sep 23, 2020, 10:41 AM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) is not practicing Wednesday.

Jones has been battling the hammy through the first two weeks, but he's coming off a poor 2-24-0 showing on four targets in the 40-39, Week 2 loss to the Cowboys. He appeared to tweak his hamstring on a dropped touchdown on a wildcat throw from Russell Gage. Jones was seen getting stretched out on the sideline on the next play, though he did return to the game. Jones' hamstring sounds like it's far less than 100% ahead of Week 3 against the Bears.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:48 PM ET

Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) did not practice Thursday. 

ESPN's Vaughn McClure said Jones, who was hobbled for much of the team's Week 2 game against Dallas, strained his injured hamstring. Jones' hamstring has been a concern since the start of the season, and now it could keep him out for Week 3 against the Bears. Falcons No. 1 receiver Calvin Ridley and slot wideout Russell Gage could see a volume increase if Jones doesn't play. 

RELATED: 

Calvin Ridley

, Russell Gage

Sep 24, 2020, 4:34 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Julio Jones (questionable, hamstring) is a game-time decision for Week 3 against Chicago.

Jones had a setback with his hamstring last week and didn't do much in practice. There's a chance he plays at less than 100 percent, but the Falcons may want to rest Jones to get him healthy. Jones had just two catches playing through injury last week. Calvin Ridley and Russell Gage are better bets to lead the Falcons in Week 3 targets.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Sep 25, 2020, 11:46 AM ET

(RotoWire) Jones (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Bears, Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com reports. Analysis: This was the expected listing after coach Dan Quinn referred to his star wideout as a game-time decision. Jones didn't practice in even a limited capacity this week, but he does have an impressive history of playing at a high level while battling injuries. A 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff makes life a little easier for fantasy managers, allowing for a full range of replacement options if Jones is on Atlanta's inactive list.

Users who are viewing this thread