What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (3 Viewers)

You didn’t answer what I asked. At Davis’ rate of production for 17 games would yield 1200/6. What are you suggesting Jones gets this year? 

Jones could easily be the third option on offense behind Henry and Brown. 
I think Andy meant at least 1201/7.  ;)

And Davis was the third option as well last year. Are you saying that you think Davis would post better numbers than Julio if he had stayed?

From the article:

White tells Larry Brown Sports that the allegations are “completely false.” He says he did a background check and learned that two of the people involved with Genetixs are felons who put the company’s cannabis license in jeopardy. He says they are trying to have the men removed from the company, and that their attempt to remove the men spurred the legal complaint in response. White states that he and Jones financed Genetixs from start to finish, and therefore they would have no reason to steal from themselves.

therefore they would have no reason to steal from themselves.
The owner of every cannabis cultivation in Oregon just laughed out loud.  

Explanation:

In a market saturated like Oregon, there is huge profit in "stealing" your product and driving it to other states with a more profitable black market. 

In any market, there is huge profit in avoiding taxes.  

The owner of every cannabis cultivation in Oregon just laughed out loud.  

Explanation:

In a market saturated like Oregon, there is huge profit in "stealing" your product and driving it to other states with a more profitable black market. 

In any market, there is huge profit in avoiding taxes.  
Sounds about right.

IME in NYS (& maybe irrelevant to this case bc it’s a different jurisdiction) these kind of partner disputes are very difficult to apply a remedy to, and judges are loathe to serve as the arbiter of truth. The courts and most lawyers will push for settlement before trial bc except in extremely blatant instances of fraud or embezzlement - where there is a strong paper trail - it’s very hard to determine non-performance. I’ve seen business cases dismissed with what I considered thin reasoning “this was a disagreement between business partners about how to operate the business, and business decisions are peculiar things. it’s not our place to decide if a poor business decision is the sole cause of the damages you are seeking. the court has no interest in allowing this to move forward.”

anyway, from a FF perspective this seems unlikely to result in any criminal charges and is just a nuisance in Julio’s personal life which hopefully doesn’t impact his performance in any way.

Julio was making more money on the black market selling that herb out of the back door.... tons of people in the legal industry do it... they were growing legally in Cali and selling in the ATL where the price is Double ... at wholesale prices they were moving around 1,500 lbs a month.... Cali premium indoor weed in Atlanta is very very very profitable 

Last edited by a moderator:
Julio was making more money on the black market selling that herb out of the back door.... tons of people in the legal industry do it... they were growing legally in Cali and selling in the ATL where the price is Double ... at wholesale prices they were moving around 1,500 lbs a month.... Cali premium indoor weed in Atlanta is very very very profitable 

Smart guy. 🥂

What’s the market in Tennessee?

sign me up

Just a heads up, he has a lower body injury. Happened Wednesday and I don't know how serious it is but obviously worth keeping an eye on. 

Market in Tennessee is the same as ATL.... Most people send Weed grown in Greenhouses and pass it off as Indoor to these areas.... if your actually pumping out top shelf indoors which usually stays in California because the quality is so good..... it moves with ease.... Ive known guys packing up 18 wheelers str8 outta Norcal doing the same thing...  I have tons of personal experience  with cannabis and the Chargers ... Higher the Quality... the better is smells.... they flock like seagulls regardless of how wealthy they are

NFL Network's Ian Rapopport reports Julio Jones' leg injury is "nothing major." 

The Titans, like the Falcons before them, are being careful with the veteran wideout after he picked up some kind of leg injury this week. Rapoport said Jones would miss Friday's practice. The Titans will "manage" Jones' practice load throughout the season, per Rapoport. Injury issues this early in training camp should make fantasy managers a bit queasy following Jones' injury-marred 2020 campaign. He's entering his age-32 season in a new offense while missing valuable training camp reps. Jones is one of the riskiest fantasy picks of 2021. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 6, 2021, 9:34 AM ET

Titans restructure Julio Jones’ contract
Posted by Josh Alper on September 7, 2021, 8:52 AM EDT

The Titans have created a nice chunk of cap space for the 2021 season by restructuring the deal of wide receiver Julio Jones.

Field Yates of ESPN reports that the team has converted $14 million of his $15.3 million base salary into a signing bonus. They also added two void years to his current deal, which means that they’ve created $11.2 million in cap space for the coming season.

Jones’ contract runs through the 2023 season and has base salaries of $11.513 million each of the next two years.

Those salaries make it a good bet that we’ll be hearing more about Jones’ contract if he has a good first year with the AFC South team. The contract numbers for wideouts have gone well above those figures and the 32-year-old Jones probably isn’t going to wait until his deal is up to look for one more big payday.

LINK

NFL Week 1 fantasy football questions and answers: 32 reporters give advice on Julio Jones, Ravens running backs, more

Excerpt:

How involved do you expect Julio Jones to be in his Titans debut?

Jones should be heavily involved in the game plan this week. It's like getting a new car and taking it out for a spin to show it off. Expect the Titans to make it a point to display how Jones and Ryan Tannehill can be a productive tandem, especially against the Cardinals' cornerbacks. -- Turron Davenport

is he back?   good game yesterday...   i had him as my flex first week and sat him yesterday.  wondering if he needs to get back in my lineup

need2know said:
is he back?   good game yesterday...   i had him as my flex first week and sat him yesterday.  wondering if he needs to get back in my lineup

I did exactly the same thing as you, started him last week, benched this. I made a point of watching the Seattle game. What stood out was him being targeted a lot more and making quite a few tough catches in traffic. He also was better footwork away from a short td in I think the third quarter which would have made his statline something like 7/140/1. This might be a weekly thing, one week AJB gets the headlines and JJ the next but it looked to me like he and Tannehill found some chemistry in this game.

Julio Jones caught 3-of-4 targets for 47 yards in Tennessee's Week 3 win over Indianapolis.

Jones did not play at all towards the end of the game, from about the third quarter on, and the Titans declined to say he was hurt. After the game, coach Mike Vrabel noted that he was "trying to manage where he's at," and vaguely alluded to blocking being the reason Jones wasn't on the field. On the surface, an A.J. Brown injury sounds pretty tasty for Jones owners, but the Vrabel-Jones relationship has been difficult. Jones will probably remain near the WR2/WR3 for Week 4's date against the Jets depending on how the story of what happened here evolves over the week ahead.

Julio Jones' status is "up in the air" for Week 4 against the Jets due to a leg injury.

Jones was held out for much of the second half in the Titans win over the Colts, under the guise of "load management." Jones was getting treatment for a leg injury Wednesday, which he likely suffered at some point in Week 3. A.J. Brown is expected to miss multiple weeks with a hamstring injury, so the Titans are suddenly very thin at wide receiver. It's possible they sign a veteran in the coming days. Although, given that their next two opponents are the Jets and Jaguars, the Titans may opt to ride out their wide receiver injury woes until they play the Bills in Week 6.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 29, 2021, 10:44 AM ET

Sheesh...I don't know if this is good night sweet prince or not, but man, Falcons really did extract some good value out of this guy in a trade so far

Julio Jones (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday.

Both Julio and A.J. Brown were DNP Wednesday with hamstring injuries. It's a tough look for Tennessee's wideout group ahead of a Week 4 date with the Jets. They were already pretty shallow at the position and could be forced to roll out a three-wide set of Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Josh Reynolds, and Chester Rogers against the Jets.

Sep 29, 2021, 4:47 PM ET

I'm afraid a fine or pick is lost due to injury misreporting

This was not an injury just managed because he didn't see a doc. Then foot became leg and two days later hammy.

Vrabel is not stupid but ...idk.

As someone else said, this is the kind of stuff he/Titans do during preseason to give someone a day off. Are they really treating the Jets like a day off?

It's concerning on so many levels.

For FF, I wouldn't plan on Julio

Julio Jones (hamstring) was ruled out for Week 4 against the Jets.

A.J. Brown (hamstring, week-to-week) was also ruled out. With a diminished receiving corps available on Sunday, the Titans will have no choice but to lean on some combination of Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Josh Reynolds, Marcus Johnson, and Chester Rogers in three-wide sets. It's also possible Derrick Henry's receiving game usage simply increases given this news. Even so, Ryan Tannehill should be downgraded in re-draft leagues.

SOURCE: Terry McCormick on Twitter

Oct 1, 2021, 2:22 PM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Jones missed last week with the hamstring injury after failing to practice all week. If he's unable to practice before Sunday, he'll likely be held out once again. Nick Westbrook-Ikhine (hamstring) was also held out of practice to start the week. With Jones and A.J. Brown (hamstring) sidelined in Week 5, Westbrook-Ikhine led the Titans in routes run. Luckily for Ryan Tannehill, Brown did return to practice on Wednesday, giving him a shot at facing the Jaguars this week. He'll be in line for a massive target share if he's able to suit up with Westbrook-Ikhine and Jones out.

RELATED: 

Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

Oct 6, 2021, 4:32 PM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) did not practice on Thursday for the second consecutive day.

Jones has not practiced or played since Week 3's game against the Colts and is likely on track to a second straight scratch. This should not surprise you at this point. Jones' managers should get acquainted with the idea of needing a backup plan for him until they start seeing him show up at practices again. 

SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter

Oct 7, 2021, 3:10 PM ET

No choice but to start in my guillotine with Barkley, Chubb and CEH out ugh. Toss up between he and Khalil Herbert feels like trouble. 

A.J. Brown (hamstring) said the Titans won't give him a full complement of snaps until Week 10. 

Brown said the team would be careful with his lingering hamstring injury, though his Week 5 usage would say otherwise. Brown ran a route on 92 percent of Ryan Tannehill's 26 drop backs against the Jaguars, catching three of six targets for 36 yards. Brown (and Julio Jones) will be game script sensitive in an offense that wants to establish the run as early and often as possible. Tennessee has a 55 percent rush rate while leading this season, the league's sixth highest rate. A Week 6 matchup against the Bills should force the Titans to open up the passing game though. 

SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter

Oct 16, 2021, 2:21 PM ET

After watching Pitts light it up last week... you cant tell me JJ isnt itching to blow on monday night football especially with AJB news coming out .... Remember that dance,,, Do the Julio ... Do the Julio...

Hoping JJ gets a big stat lien then Im trading him in dynasty. Well trying to trade him. Suspect offers might be so low Im forced to hold him as deoth as he limps on for a couple more years.

Julio Jones caught 3-of-5 targets for 59 yards in the Titans' Week 6 win over the Bills before exiting in the fourth quarter with a hamstring injury.

32-year-old Jones just can't stay healthy. He'd missed the previous two games with a hamstring issue and re-injured it in this one. Jones made a highlight-reel 48-yard catch on a ball that popped way up in the air off a defender's helmet, but that was about all we got from him Monday. Consider Jones highly questionable for Week 7 against the Chiefs on a short week.

Oct 18, 2021, 11:51 PM ET

Titans coach Mike Vrabel said the team is taking Julio Jones' (hamstring) status "day by day."

Jones injured his hamstring in the fourth quarter of Monday night's win, forcing Nick Westbrook-Ikhine onto the field in two-wide sets across from A.J. Brown. With an important AFC showdown against the Chiefs on deck, the Titans will presumably bring Jones along slowly in practice with his availability on Sunday as the goal. His participation in Friday's practice will be the deciding point.

SOURCE: John Glennon on Twitter

Oct 19, 2021, 3:11 PM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday.

Titans coach Mike Vrabel called Jones "day to day" with the hamstring injury earlier in the week. Jones has already missed two games and parts of two other due to the hamstring issue so it wouldn't be surprising for Tennessee to take their time getting him back into the lineup. If he is out, the Titans have a dream matchup with the Chiefs this week. A.J. Brown would push for WR1 numbers despite Tennessee's offense revolving around their rushing attack.

Oct 20, 2021, 5:30 PM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) told reporters that he was feeling good after Friday's practice.

Jones tweaked him hamstring on Monday and has been limited in practice this week. His availability on Sunday would be a boost for the Titans in a game where they will need all of the offense they can muster. Jones has played well this season, despite being in and out with injuries. He shapes up as an upside WR3 in a matchup with a beatable Chiefs defense, and a Chiefs offense that could force the Titans to throw.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Oct 22, 2021, 2:13 PM ET

Dude is on the wrong side of 32 … AB is the same age and isn’t nearly as broken down 
This guy was often on the wrong side of injuries. When he was on, nobody better. But between the feet and the soft tissue, he's always had issues. I didn't expect them to get any better as he aged. Matt Waldman, who watches All-22 and stuff, specifically watched him on the sidelines getting constantly stretched out between plays and quarters, etc., and saw this coming about a year and a half ago. 

Julio Jones caught 2-of-4 targets for 38 yards in the Titans' Week 7 win over the Chiefs.

Julio's four targets were second on the team but way behind A.J. Brown's nine, who turned his into an explosive 8-133-1 line. Jones just doesn't look like anything more than a WR3 for fantasy while playing on bad legs in a run-heavy offense. Jones will square off with the Colts in Week 8.

Oct 24, 2021, 4:27 PM ET

From the moment I clicked this dude's name in the draft queue I did not feel good about it.

I would drop him outright but there ain't much tempting on waivers. The axe is poised for Sunday morning though.

He's made of string cheese at this point.... I can see myself dropping him...then he somehow gets heals up and makes up for these lost weeks with monster games in the fantasy playoffs.... Oh those fantasy gods can be so cruel at times :)  

Julio Jones (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

Jones' hamstring has been bothering him all year, and he missed last week's game after missing two previous contests Weeks 4 and 5. But with Derrick Henry (foot) now likely to miss the remainder of the regular season, the Titans may need to lean more on A.J. Brown and Jones in the passing game. Consider Jones a WR3 for Week 9 against the Rams.

Nov 3, 2021, 3:25 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread