What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (2 Viewers)

Hollywood has quietly been a nice start the last 2 weeks and could end up being a very solid WR3 this season.

I wish we had some word on Kyler. If he were back playing, I would think Brown could have some sneaky WR2 upside.

So far he is outperforming his weekly and ROS rankings. I hope he can keep it up, as long as Dobbs/Murray are functional (so far, so good), he gets a lot of volume.

I think he's a high end WR2 with WR1 upside once Kyle comes back. Look up the numbers from last year before Brown went down.

Dude was scoring like a WR1. If you can get that scoring out of your WR3/FLEX. That's league winning stuff.

Have him quietly hidden away on a few teams as my WR4. Certainly happy he seems to have chemistry with Dobbs.

Quietly have a decent season on pace for 800+ yards, 8 TDs. With Dobbs and Tune at QB, having faced CLE, BAL, SF, and DAL.

Will AJ Terrell travel with Marquise?

Anyone have any insight on what happened? Did Atl just shut him down?

I watched only what they showed on Red Zone, but my guess is that Kyler is rusty on the deep ball. There was one long pass to the end zone that I thought, There's no way Brown is catching up to that, and he laid out for it as it glanced off his fingertips. There was another deep ball on the final drive that McBride had to stop and come back to catch.

What the hell happened to this guy. I thought the return of Kyler would = :moneybag: for Hollywood, not so much

Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon said Marquise Brown (heel) is “trending in the right direction” to play Week 13 against the Steelers.

It’s a rosy outlook for a player who hasn’t practiced this week with a heel issue. Michael Wilson (shoulder) was already declared out against the Steelers and Trey McBride is dealing with a groin injury. It’s a mess for Arizona. Brown would be a boom-bust WR3 option if he can suit up Sunday.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Marquise Brown (heel) is expected to play in Week 13 against the Steelers.

Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon was optimistic early in the week about Brown’s odds of playing. Despite that, the speedy receiver did not practice at any point, logging three DNPs before being listed as questionable. Brown has struggled to establish much of a connection with Kyler Murray since he returned to the lineup but still got home for 88 yards on six catches in Week 12. Murray should start to look better as he gets more reps in the new offense. Brown sits on the WR2/3 border for his Week 13 matchup with the Steelers.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Marquise Brown (heel) is expected to play in Week 13 against the Steelers.

Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon was optimistic early in the week about Brown’s odds of playing. Despite that, the speedy receiver did not practice at any point, logging three DNPs before being listed as questionable. Brown has struggled to establish much of a connection with Kyler Murray since he returned to the lineup but still got home for 88 yards on six catches in Week 12. Murray should start to look better as he gets more reps in the new offense. Brown sits on the WR2/3 border for his Week 13 matchup with the Steelers.
Well…with all of the teams on bye, I need to roll with Hollywood in flex. Key week for a couple of my teams and hoping for a double digit performance. A good week here will make up for the disappointing starts earlier in the season.

Have to start one of Brown or McBride in a flex and going with McBride. Just don't like the matchup for Brown and how he's been performing so I'm sure he'll go for 100+ and 2 TD's.

Spotrac has pegged Brown's market value at roughly 4 years / $60M. Off the cuff, that seems like that is on the higher side for someone that didn't exactly light it up in Arizona. Granted, the WR market has really taken off, and there's an infusion of almost an extra $1 billion in combined cap space for teams to work with. How would you feel if your team signed him to that contract?

Spotrac has pegged Brown's market value at roughly 4 years / $60M. Off the cuff, that seems like that is on the higher side for someone that didn't exactly light it up in Arizona. Granted, the WR market has really taken off, and there's an infusion of almost an extra $1 billion in combined cap space for teams to work with. How would you feel if your team signed him to that contract?
I'd actually take the over, at least the over with respect to him making more then $15M.

Two teams have paid first round picks for him, he's had some injuries but is in his prime with coveted speed and I think some teams will actually prefer him to Ridley and he'll come in a close second to him in UFA WR pay.

I'd actually take the over, at least the over with respect to him making more then $15M.

Two teams have paid first round picks for him, he's had some injuries but is in his prime with coveted speed and I think some teams will actually prefer him to Ridley and he'll come in a close second to him in UFA WR pay.
I think PFF had him listed on their market value assessment list at 1 year / $12 million. I suspect with all the money available and up for grabs in free agency this year, we will see a decent bump in AAV across the board, and some "above average" players may get paid like they are All Pros.

I was thinking Hollywood might take a 1 year deal considering he's spent much of the last 2 years out and hope to cash in on a healthy season next year.

I personally think he's a vastly overrated player, who probably is more of a #3 WR. But I know he'll be viewed higher than that. I'd rather save money and sign Curtis Samuel and I'd argue Samuel is the better player anyhow.

I don't think Hollywood is all that different than someone like DJ Chark.

I was thinking Hollywood might take a 1 year deal considering he's spent much of the last 2 years out and hope to cash in on a healthy season next year.
That was the premise of the article that Faust posted and I think it would be a horrible mistake that he won't be making.

If FA was after the draft maybe but the combo of the fairly barren FA WR market and him wanting to hit FA in his age 27 season vs 28 would make that decision impossibly stupid to me. Also I'm sure he's not naive to not consider potentially plopping down a MHJ or top WR alongside him with a pass catching TE may not be awesome for his numbers.

Like I said earlier two teams have already paid #1's for him and the Ravens only traded him because he asked. You may think he's not much different then Chark, you may be right, but I don't think that's how the league thinks.

I will say I've never owned him in a single league. Not dynasty, not redraft, never anywhere and I'm in over 40 leagues a year. I've drafted him in my last two drafts this year. Taking him as around WR 50 so we are not talking a major investment but if I'm drafting this early it's a major goal to try and get ahead of a potential value curve should he land well. Never been super high on him but also thought he was miscast as a teams #1 option, to big of a role for him.

I will also take the over. I'd be thrilled with $15M for LVR but only if they didn't already have a WR2 making close to that (Jakoby Meyers). I'd much rather have Brown over Meyers.

I think PFF had him listed on their market value assessment list at 1 year / $12 million. I suspect with all the money available and up for grabs in free agency this year, we will see a decent bump in AAV across the board, and some "above average" players may get paid like they are All Pros.
Let me put it this way. If he got the same percentage of the cap that Kirk got when he left Arizona he'd be over $21m. He's of course not getting that, but it's wide gulf between that and $12m-21m or $15M-21m and I think he's going to fall somewhere in it. Feel pretty confident about it.

Gotta give Brown credit for one thing...between the current FA class and the bump in the cap his timing to become a UFA could not be better...with Evans, Higgins and Pittman off-the-board the pickings are pretty slim for a team looking to upgrade at WR without doing it thru the draft...I do think the shine is off him so I don't see him getting a silly deal but I think there will be a team like Carolina that will give him a healthy contract.

I will also take the over. I'd be thrilled with $15M for LVR but only if they didn't already have a WR2 making close to that (Jakoby Meyers). I'd much rather have Brown over Meyers.
I’m happy with the consistent Meyers. He’s not a burner but is a fantastic WR2

Blake Allen Murphy
Seems like the biggest competition for Hollywood Brown may come from the Chiefs and from the Bears

Chief would put him in the MVS roll, and he does get a step over the top

Bears will be interesting as well as if he gets more than one year

Panthers are out

Benjamin Albright
Don't rule out Washington

Blake Allen Murphy
A good one! Forgot Kliff is there!

Blake Allen Murphy
Seems like the biggest competition for Hollywood Brown may come from the Chiefs and from the Bears

Chief would put him in the MVS roll, and he does get a step over the top

Bears will be interesting as well as if he gets more than one year

Panthers are out

Benjamin Albright
Don't rule out Washington

Blake Allen Murphy
A good one! Forgot Kliff is there!

I've been thinking it's Chiefs but I also kind of think that Marquise Brown and Calvin Ridley could end up being consolation prizes for teams who don't end up getting a WR in the draft. Why sign Brown if you have a 1st Round grade on a WR that you think is better than him and you can have for peanuts compared to what Brown will be asking?

With the Chiefs picking at 32, it makes sense that none of the obvious WR prospects will be there, they can take BPA and still upgrade WR with Marquise Brown. Mahomes to Brown would be sick af, btw. As a Bears fan, I'll take him, I wouldn't love it but it would mean that we would take some o-line / d-line help with our second first round pick. But teams probably want to see who falls to them in the draft before breaking the bank for this guy, but if they miss their guy in the draft, suddenly Marquise Brown sounds great.

Heck, even Xavier Worthy in the 2nd Round is likely apples-to-apples and you don't have to overpay him either. Just depends on the team and situation, but Chiefs would be amazing.

ETA: Usually when you hear the Bears are interested in somebody, it means that nobody else is interested. We're a poverty franchise, we get the scraps of what everyone else doesn't want.

Last edited:
Called it, 1 year prove it deal.

If anyone can make it happen its Reid/Mahomes, but I think there is also a decent argument, that Hollywood just isn't that good.

Right now, I think his over under for catches is 60. Kelce and Rice are clearly ahead of him in my eyes, but yeah, obviously an upgrade from MVS.

Called it, 1 year prove it deal.

If anyone can make it happen its Reid/Mahomes, but I think there is also a decent argument, that Hollywood just isn't that good.

Right now, I think his over under for catches is 60. Kelce and Rice are clearly ahead of him in my eyes, but yeah, obviously an upgrade from MVS.
I don't think Brown getting 60 catches will be needed. With his speed and an offensive coach who will finally utilize him correctly, he could easily end up with 50-800-8. I know his NFL YPC is under 12 so far, but I think too many teams have tried to feed him the ball a lot in the hopes he could break one, instead of just letting him go deep.

Users who are viewing this thread