What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (3 Viewers)

I think he’ll put up Sammy Watkins numbers for the Chiefs .. Some great games, followed by annoying little injuries
Hard to believe he's averaging less than 12 ypr for his career. I think he's still fast, maybe Mahomes can lead him to a career year. Or maybe he'll be a highly paid decoy.

Own Rice and Hollywood. Rice with over 100 receptions.

:towelwave: :towelwave:
Sounds like a good excuse to trade Hollywood.
In terms of rookie picks in a 1 QB league, would you rather have a late 1st (Worthy, Brooks, Benson, Mitchell) or Brown? It would certainly be nice to reset the clock on one of the young guys and Hollywood is only on a one-year deal. But you have to like the situation and potential for a long-term deal after this season.

Own Rice and Hollywood. Rice with over 100 receptions.

:towelwave: :towelwave:
Sounds like a good excuse to trade Hollywood.
In terms of rookie picks in a 1 QB league, would you rather have a late 1st (Worthy, Brooks, Benson, Mitchell) or Brown? It would certainly be nice to reset the clock on one of the young guys and Hollywood is only on a one-year deal. But you have to like the situation and potential for a long-term deal after this season.
Late first but that’s a fair price for a contender. Hollywood isn’t old yet

His owners are no doubt doing a happy dance but feels like a Juju or MVS 2.0 type signing
Juju was already heading downhill when he hit KC and was basically a big slot. MVS just wasn’t good. Brown way more talented than either of those guys. Great signing for the hated Chiefs IMO.

As far as FF, hard to say, but him being a #2 type WR isn’t out of the question. Kelce is another year older and Rice had basically zero competition from WRs for targets last year once KC figured out he was hands down their best WR.

I think he's still fast,
Marquise Brown has reached 20+ mph on 33 routes since 2020, 2nd-most in the NFL behind former Chief Tyreek Hill.Brown will look to add speed to a Kansas City wide receiver room that reached 20+ mph on a route just 5 times last season, 6th-fewest in the NFL.

He is indeed still fast, but from their own info-graphic, MVS was #4 at 28 routes. So their assertion that KC was the #6 worst last year is odd. MVS must have lost a lot of his speed as he's gotten older.

Tyreek had the #1 at 73 routes:eek: , more than twice Brown as the #2 guy. Cheetah is just in a class unto himself.

MVS was #4 at 28 routes. So their assertion that KC was the #6 worst last year is odd. MVS must have lost a lot of his speed as he's gotten older.
I don't think it's odd, I think you answered the why with your next line.
It certainly makes sense (Father time is undefeated), but I'm not convinced this "stat" tells us anything useful considering its an aggregate from the last 4 seasons. If they had given us more recent numbers it might be a better judge of if they are actually upgrading or not. Brown's time in Arizona was plagued with injuries, so I wouldn't be surprised that the bulk of these recorded for him were from 4 years ago. He's never made the top 20 in recorded speeds while MVS had the #2 back in 2021 (Tyreek is a regular on the list every year.)

I think the most important thing is Brown doesn't have stone hands like MVS did. Hopefully that means he will be much more successful trying to replace Tyreek than MVS was. As a Mahomes fantasy owner, I sure hope so.

Brown getting 1 year $7m (up to $11m) seems like not a good sign. Kinda feels like a Will Fuller last hurrah in Miami thing (albeit a much better situation than Flores led dolphins). If I can get any 1st I'm selling, but probably holding otherwise in case he does blow up. But him having not much value after this season seems like a distinct possibility.

Brown getting 1 year $7m (up to $11m) seems like not a good sign. Kinda feels like a Will Fuller last hurrah in Miami thing (albeit a much better situation than Flores led dolphins). If I can get any 1st I'm selling, but probably holding otherwise in case he does blow up. But him having not much value after this season seems like a distinct possibility.
Yes so many focused on how great the landing spot is when the contract might be the canary

James Palmer
Speaking to the media today, Patrick Mahomes said he's been "pleasantly surprised" by the route running of Hollywood Brown. Mahomes is once again running things in Texas during phase 1. 2-3 workouts a week in the AM, meetings virtually with coaches in the afternoon. I can't tell you how much KC loves this format and the success they feel players get out of it. Mahomes growth as a teacher has played a huge part in this.

Users who are viewing this thread