What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (1 Viewer)

I think he’ll put up Sammy Watkins numbers for the Chiefs .. Some great games, followed by annoying little injuries
Hard to believe he's averaging less than 12 ypr for his career. I think he's still fast, maybe Mahomes can lead him to a career year. Or maybe he'll be a highly paid decoy.

Own Rice and Hollywood. Rice with over 100 receptions.

:towelwave: :towelwave:
Sounds like a good excuse to trade Hollywood.
In terms of rookie picks in a 1 QB league, would you rather have a late 1st (Worthy, Brooks, Benson, Mitchell) or Brown? It would certainly be nice to reset the clock on one of the young guys and Hollywood is only on a one-year deal. But you have to like the situation and potential for a long-term deal after this season.

Own Rice and Hollywood. Rice with over 100 receptions.

:towelwave: :towelwave:
Sounds like a good excuse to trade Hollywood.
In terms of rookie picks in a 1 QB league, would you rather have a late 1st (Worthy, Brooks, Benson, Mitchell) or Brown? It would certainly be nice to reset the clock on one of the young guys and Hollywood is only on a one-year deal. But you have to like the situation and potential for a long-term deal after this season.
Late first but that’s a fair price for a contender. Hollywood isn’t old yet

His owners are no doubt doing a happy dance but feels like a Juju or MVS 2.0 type signing
Juju was already heading downhill when he hit KC and was basically a big slot. MVS just wasn’t good. Brown way more talented than either of those guys. Great signing for the hated Chiefs IMO.

As far as FF, hard to say, but him being a #2 type WR isn’t out of the question. Kelce is another year older and Rice had basically zero competition from WRs for targets last year once KC figured out he was hands down their best WR.

I think he's still fast,
Marquise Brown has reached 20+ mph on 33 routes since 2020, 2nd-most in the NFL behind former Chief Tyreek Hill.Brown will look to add speed to a Kansas City wide receiver room that reached 20+ mph on a route just 5 times last season, 6th-fewest in the NFL.

He is indeed still fast, but from their own info-graphic, MVS was #4 at 28 routes. So their assertion that KC was the #6 worst last year is odd. MVS must have lost a lot of his speed as he's gotten older.

Tyreek had the #1 at 73 routes:eek: , more than twice Brown as the #2 guy. Cheetah is just in a class unto himself.

MVS was #4 at 28 routes. So their assertion that KC was the #6 worst last year is odd. MVS must have lost a lot of his speed as he's gotten older.
I don't think it's odd, I think you answered the why with your next line.
It certainly makes sense (Father time is undefeated), but I'm not convinced this "stat" tells us anything useful considering its an aggregate from the last 4 seasons. If they had given us more recent numbers it might be a better judge of if they are actually upgrading or not. Brown's time in Arizona was plagued with injuries, so I wouldn't be surprised that the bulk of these recorded for him were from 4 years ago. He's never made the top 20 in recorded speeds while MVS had the #2 back in 2021 (Tyreek is a regular on the list every year.)

I think the most important thing is Brown doesn't have stone hands like MVS did. Hopefully that means he will be much more successful trying to replace Tyreek than MVS was. As a Mahomes fantasy owner, I sure hope so.

Brown getting 1 year $7m (up to $11m) seems like not a good sign. Kinda feels like a Will Fuller last hurrah in Miami thing (albeit a much better situation than Flores led dolphins). If I can get any 1st I'm selling, but probably holding otherwise in case he does blow up. But him having not much value after this season seems like a distinct possibility.

Brown getting 1 year $7m (up to $11m) seems like not a good sign. Kinda feels like a Will Fuller last hurrah in Miami thing (albeit a much better situation than Flores led dolphins). If I can get any 1st I'm selling, but probably holding otherwise in case he does blow up. But him having not much value after this season seems like a distinct possibility.
Yes so many focused on how great the landing spot is when the contract might be the canary

James Palmer
Speaking to the media today, Patrick Mahomes said he's been "pleasantly surprised" by the route running of Hollywood Brown. Mahomes is once again running things in Texas during phase 1. 2-3 workouts a week in the AM, meetings virtually with coaches in the afternoon. I can't tell you how much KC loves this format and the success they feel players get out of it. Mahomes growth as a teacher has played a huge part in this.

Looking more and more like Rashee Rice is going to be unavailable for the Chiefs in 2024

Brown has a 91/1000/6TD season on his resume.
His floor right now feels like 65/800/5-6TDs on about 5-6 targets a week...I could see more if he's the de facto WR1 even for the first half of the season while Worthy is breaking into the NFL.
75-80/1,000/8TDs seems possible with Mahomes.

Looking more and more like Rashee Rice is going to be unavailable for the Chiefs in 2024

Brown has a 91/1000/6TD season on his resume.
His floor right now feels like 65/800/5-6TDs on about 5-6 targets a week...I could see more if he's the de facto WR1 even for the first half of the season while Worthy is breaking into the NFL.
75-80/1,000/8TDs seems possible with Mahomes.
I know I sometimes get hung up on players that don't deserve it. But I don't understand why Brown's value hasn't risen more. He's proven to be a successful, if not semi-elite at times, NFL WR. He's something KC has not had. With Brown's career average target advantage (7.3 vs 6.4) and much higher ADOT (11.9 vs 4.8), I'd argue he's a better player than Rice. I'm not worried about a rookie. There's room for both and it will take some time for Worthy to catch his stride, if he works out at all.

The only wildcard for me is that he's on a one-year deal. However, if he produces like I think he will, I think he'll be extended or at least earn a long-term contract somewhere else.

We do know this, Brown will have the best QB and offensive coaching mind he's ever had since coming into the league. Lots of reasons for optimism here IMO.

I'm with the last 2 posters on this, in that I am in on Hollywood right now an his value seems to be depressed still. He was injured last year and wasn't himself. He's on a 1-year prove it deal and I think it is perfect for him.

I just think of all those deep balls MVS got and Hollywood could slide right into that role. I think long term Worthy could be that guy but we all know KC is in it to win it and Andy is very slow to play his rookie receivers. If Rice is suspended to start the season Hollywood could be the #2 in this offense behind Kelce. There will be lots of opportunity for him while Worthy gets up to speed.

I think the reason why people (myself included)) aren't higher on Brown is that while his opportunity looks great (especially if Rice is out) his opportunity has been great for most of his career. Its not like he's been stuck in bad offenses his whole career, other than 2023 when Kyler was out, (and Brown got hurt right when Murray came back) and he's mostly underachieved.

I think the idea of Hollywood Brown is better than the actual product (which is similar in some ways to Calvin Ridley, other than Ridley's 2020 season) I see a guy who has become a less effective player every season of his career since his rookie season, and less efficient the more he's been used. He's flirted with some good fantasy numbers for sure, but its never sustained, and unless we want to argue that 3 different coaching staffs were using him wrong, but Andy Reid will unlock him (not impossible, no sure thing) I think he's a guy where he's likely to continue to disappoint, especially if Rice's absence pushes him up draft boards.

I think Rice showed more his rookie season than Brown ever has. That said, as mentioned, they have played very different roles. We don't know if Rice is limited to that, but I think we have enough evidence (5 years) to say Brown likely is. I'm gonna be driving the Kelce bandwagon if Rice out. I think Brown and Worthy likely cannibalize each other, unless I'm way too low on Worthy.

Put Hollywood on the block this off-season in an FFPC Best Ball Dynasty, didn't receive even a feeler. Won't turn 27 until next month. Kind of happy no one inquired at this stage.

I think the reason why people (myself included)) aren't higher on Brown is that while his opportunity looks great (especially if Rice is out) his opportunity has been great for most of his career. Its not like he's been stuck in bad offenses his whole career, other than 2023 when Kyler was out, (and Brown got hurt right when Murray came back) and he's mostly underachieved.

I think the idea of Hollywood Brown is better than the actual product (which is similar in some ways to Calvin Ridley, other than Ridley's 2020 season) I see a guy who has become a less effective player every season of his career since his rookie season, and less efficient the more he's been used. He's flirted with some good fantasy numbers for sure, but its never sustained, and unless we want to argue that 3 different coaching staffs were using him wrong, but Andy Reid will unlock him (not impossible, no sure thing) I think he's a guy where he's likely to continue to disappoint, especially if Rice's absence pushes him up draft boards.

I think Rice showed more his rookie season than Brown ever has. That said, as mentioned, they have played very different roles. We don't know if Rice is limited to that, but I think we have enough evidence (5 years) to say Brown likely is. I'm gonna be driving the Kelce bandwagon if Rice out. I think Brown and Worthy likely cannibalize each other, unless I'm way too low on Worthy.
I don't put the BAL offense and Lamar anywhere near a great opportunity. Even so, he averaged 4.2 rec, 51 yards, 0.45 TD per game. To put that in perspective, Zay Flowers averaged 4.8 rec, 53.6 yards, 0.31 TD per game in what was arguably a more "passer friendly" BAL system. I know there is three year's difference between them, but Flowers is currently worth about twice as much as Hollywood depending on where you look.

Last edited:
Put Hollywood on the block this off-season in an FFPC Best Ball Dynasty, didn't receive even a feeler. Won't turn 27 until next month. Kind of happy no one inquired at this stage.
I did the same thing in my league and no interest. I wonder how interested guys will be once we open up the 2024 season shortly (we have a dead period until June).

I don't put the BAL offense and Lamar anywhere near a great opportunity. Even so, he averaged 4.2 rec, 51 yards, 0.45 TD per game. To put that in perspective, Zay Flowers averaged 4.8 rec, 53.6 yards, 0.31 TD per game in what was arguably a more "passer friendly" BAL system. I know there is three year's difference between them, but Flowers is currently worth about twice as much as Hollywood depending on where you look.
I don't think the market has adjusted yet vis a vis Rice being suspended (6 games feels like a lock, if not more) but I also think there is rightful apprehension that even when Rice is suspended, Hollywood is still the #3 option in the passing game, depending on what the individual person thinks of Worthy.

I thought Baltimore and Lamar was a great opportunity in the sense that he was the unquestioned #1 outside WR and was almost never doubled as teams were frequently putting 8 in the box, and having a QB spy. Sure the overall passing volume wasn't great, but the efficiency should have been, and it wasn't. I'm personally not a huge Flowers guy either, though I think he gets a much bigger benefit of the doubt as he was a rookie, and 2023 could be his floor. I have a hard time giving a similar pass to a guy entering his 6th season. Its not like Brown was dealing with Terry McLaurin level QB play.

I've got Flowers as a high-end WR3, and Brown as a low-end WR3. The TE is the #1 on both teams, but there is no Worthy in Baltimore (sorry Bateman believers) so it makes a lot of sense why the two aren't ranked super close, even if its possible they may finish closer. In redraft I'm not expecting to end up with either, in dynasty, I think Flowers is clearly a better prospect due to age, and theoretical upside.

Rice is 6-2/205-210
Hollywood is 5-9/180, very differently built WRs
The yds per catch between the two fo them is similar
Hollywood is not a rip the cover off the defense type, someone said he would run fly patterns like MVS, I don't see it.
I think he will be a reliable set of hands for Mahomes to connect with on 10-12 yd completions and keep the chains moving

100-147, last 2 seasons in Baltimore, number of targets
Just 107 and then last year he was injured and only 101, missed a lot of time with Murray who was recovering from torn up knee ligaments
17 games...Rice managed 79 catches on just a little over 100 targets, maybe Hollywood won't be as efficient but 65-75 catches seems very doable.

Skyy Moore did not hit as a Rookie or last season, Rice took a while. before he was the WR1, seems like Brown should slide in the first month or two fo the season
Could be a surprise Top 20 weekly showing early in the year.

Hollywood is not a rip the cover off the defense type
But he should be. He has that rare 5th gear, or he used to.
I hear you CIA but his yds per catch is 10-12, 11-13...I'm just saying he hasn't logged a season so far where he eclipses 14-15 yds a catch
I don't think he will be asked to do that for KC either. I do think he will be a fairly reliable WR for Mahomes to try and target
He could evolve and perhaps connect on more down the field type throws, but his bread and butter thus far hasn't been that

Users who are viewing this thread