What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (2 Viewers)

Those trades have little to nothing to do with Preston Williams IMO.  It's all died out hype of Jimmy G, getting him for cheap with a younger QB in Dak.  Then finding the other Jimmy G believer and making the right package.  If that's not 2QB, I think that's a garbage deal honestly.  
In my leagues Dak and Jimmy G are seen pretty equally. I wouldn't doubt that Preston for the 2021 1st was the bigger deciding factor for the other owner. 

Whether the second trade is good or not, he still needed the pieces from the first deal to do it. That's how off-season flipping is done if you know your league, imo. 

Those trades have little to nothing to do with Preston Williams IMO.  It's all died out hype of Jimmy G, getting him for cheap with a younger QB in Dak.  Then finding the other Jimmy G believer and making the right package.  If that's not 2QB, I think that's a garbage deal honestly.  
my trade partner wasnt real interested until I offered preston in the deal. 

I dont have many roster spots either so preston was either a maybe cut in 2019 or a for sure cut in 2020. 

There is some big hype on William's. Have to be patient with him and I am hoping he is a roster cut down and i can try to find a spot for him. 

Perfect guy for a taxi squad

In my leagues Dak and Jimmy G are seen pretty equally. I wouldn't doubt that Preston for the 2021 1st was the bigger deciding factor for the other owner. 

Whether the second trade is good or not, he still needed the pieces from the first deal to do it. That's how off-season flipping is done if you know your league, imo. 
since I enjoy rooting my own horn, that was at least the 3rd time I did a trade tl flip for an even better trade. 

One could look at this as Dak, a 2nd, and Preston Williams for Kyler Murray. That's insane 

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly disagree, and I had zero interest in jimmy g and the 1st. kyler has league winning potential. at worst I can start over with a 2020 pick. I have the capital to do so. 
Hope you're right, as I seem to have Kyler in most of my leagues. And I have no idea about the state of the rest of your team. But all things being equal, I LOVE first round rookie picks to throw at  skill position players other than QB. Seems strange to have "zero interest" in that first-rounder. I'm also probably higher than most on Jimmy G, (although I don't have him in any of my leagues), and think he could come back from injury to be a really good QB. Anyway, you've given me some thoughts on how to market Kyler in my own leagues, should be interesting to see how these QBs pan out. 

I strongly disagree, and I had zero interest in jimmy g and the 1st. kyler has league winning potential. at worst I can start over with a 2020 pick. I have the capital to do so. 
He also has flameout and never amount to anything potential.  It is a wide spectrum.  With Jimmy G you know he can be a top 10 fantasy QB in the NFL.  He has done it before.  Everything has to go perfect for Kyler to make a huge performance difference between him and Jimmy G.  It could happen and the hype is there but that is a low percentage chance of happening and the cost was a future 1st for you to find out. 

Got another offer for him today.

Crowder, James Washington, Jalen Hurd, 5th rounder

for

Preston Williams and Curtis Samuel

I politely rejected and told the guy "Preston is my boy, I can't ever trade him unless he blows up or you pay up the wazooo ha. Sorry man. Appreciate the offer."  In which he replied, "Love Preston, may take a year but he'll be great."

The hype is building and people want him.  Might even be worth a shop for something super cheap cause it's only going to grow from here.  
Not thinking I’d trade Samuel for all those spare parts.  Preston seems almost an afterthought when rejecting a bad offer like this...

Preston getting some work with Rosen right now.  Defense has Rosen dead to rights and is panic throwing, Preston makes a diving catch to bail him out.  

4 for 97, plus a PI in the end zone, a toe tapping sideline catch, a one handed grab, a diving grab...did I miss anything?

Need to get the hype train going on this guy.  I got him off the wire in all three of my 16 man leagues and I have no taxi room so I'd love to flip him for a 2020 1st.  Let's hope he tears up TC and goes off in week 1 PS game.
It's all going according to plan so far.

Alright give me some comps. Taller Alshon?
Good strong hands. Combine numbers are so, so:

40-yard dash (unofficial): 4.53 seconds — T-No. 19th

Vertical jump: 31.5 inches — T-No. 40th

Broad jump: 116 inches — T-No. 41st

Bench press: DNP

Should be a weapon around the goal-line, since Parker and Gesicki have disappointed. His height is listed as 6'4", but the announcers keep saying 6'5".

Good strong hands. Combine numbers are so, so:

40-yard dash (unofficial): 4.53 seconds — T-No. 19th

Vertical jump: 31.5 inches — T-No. 40th

Broad jump: 116 inches — T-No. 41st

Bench press: DNP

Should be a weapon around the goal-line, since Parker and Gesicki have disappointed. His height is listed as 6'4", but the announcers keep saying 6'5".
Those combine numbers are a bit better when you adjust for size.  Ranking them like the article did is a weird way to look at it. 

Those combine numbers are a bit better when you adjust for size.  Ranking them like the article did is a weird way to look at it. 
Other scouts say he plays better than the numbers indicate. In camp, he's also gotten rave reviews. He could make Parker expendable, probably next year. I'm not sure how much playing time he gets this year.

Wanted to add him in atleast 1 of my dynasty’s but never ended up getting him as he didn’t fall in most of mine. Still has a long way to go but today was a good start

He's clicking with Rosen in camp... assuming FitzMagic starts the year and Rosen starts week 6 after the bye, I'm guessing he starts off slow and picks up speed once they change QBs.    L

He's clicking with Rosen in camp... assuming FitzMagic starts the year and Rosen starts week 6 after the bye, I'm guessing he starts off slow and picks up speed once they change QBs.    L
That's what I was thinking, although FitzMagic also has gunslinger mentality,  so he could play a role early if Wilson (hip) or Grant (leg) are slow to recover from their injuries. Or if Parker continues to underperform. The oline could be bad, the position coach was fired 2 weeks ago, so temper your expectations for this year. 

He was clicking with Fitz in camp as well.  Plus Fitz thinks highly of him, might be even better for Preston Williams if Fitz is the starter. 

Kenny Stills on Preston Williams:

“You heard ‘X’ (Xavien Howard) talk about him the other day. He’s a first-round talent. He’s going to be somebody to deal with in this league for a long time, and so we’re looking forward to everything that he can do."

John Daigle

A 4/97 receiving line doesn’t do #Dolphins UDFA Preston Williams (6’5/218) justice. Literally uncoverable. Forced two DPIs (including one in the end zone) and leaped double-coverage for a 27-yard reception. Name to monitor if Albert Wilson continues to miss time.

Dolphins undrafted rookie WR Preston Williams caught 4-of-5 targets for 97 yards in Thursday night's preseason opener.

Williams was the star of the game. The 6'4/211 outside weapon drew a couple defensive pass-interference calls against the Falcons and made some ridiculously tough grabs in traffic, fighting back for one on 3rd-and-8 from Josh Rosen, who was under pressure all night. Williams also made a leaping downfield grab over the top of the defensive back before being tackled at the one-yard line to set up a Kalen Ballage score. Williams has shined all camp. He has legit WR1 traits and only went undrafted because of his littered off-field history. Williams is someone to own in dynasty.

Aug 9, 2019, 11:26 AM ET

Sometimes I don't know what you are thinking or seeing, Zyphros, but your dogged faith and belief in PWilliams made me look again and start to maybe see some of what you did. I picked him up with 4ths in both my dynasty drafts and happily jumped on the bus. He hasn't done anything yet but have a good early pre-season game, but he's going to. Thanks! 

Just went 1.08 in my devy rookie draft. I took Mecole @ 1.07 over the following players:

Boykin

Isabella

Butler

Johnsons K & D

McClaurin

The hype is gaining steam.................

Last edited by a moderator:
He went 1.08?  Wow I guess I had better try to shop him for a 2020 or 2021 first right now... Maybe 1 in 5 leagues will bite on that... 

Catbird said:
Sometimes I don't know what you are thinking or seeing, Zyphros, but your dogged faith and belief in PWilliams made me look again and start to maybe see some of what you did. I picked him up with 4ths in both my dynasty drafts and happily jumped on the bus. He hasn't done anything yet but have a good early pre-season game, but he's going to. Thanks! 
Honestly what I saw might have been competition based.  He just looked so dominant (at a lesser school).  But that's the hope right?  If they really are great talents, then they should dominate against lesser competition.  Similar to Corey Davis a couple years ago.  Problem is Corey Davis had draft capital to back up his dominance after the draft process was over, but he played the draft process perfectly by not testing at all and going purely off hype.  Probably had a great agent to help feed off that.  

Users who are viewing this thread