What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Robbie Chosen (1 Viewer)

50 snaps, 3 targets

1 catch for (-4)
He was terrible.
Yup. Dropped a wide open ball on a key down….
and got a key penalty for not being set when I believe they scored a TD
Especially bad as he wasn't going to be involved in the play at all. It was a 1-1 Hopkins route. Anderson could have fainted at the snap, and the play wouldn't have been any different.

Of course, they scored the next play so that didn't really matter.

The drop mattered a ton, as it was a key drop while they were driving before halftime. Murray's fumble probably doesn't happen if Anderson catches a ball an NFL WR should get 99 out of 100.

50 snaps, 3 targets

1 catch for (-4)
He was terrible.
Especially bad as he wasn't going to be involved in the play at all. It was a 1-1 Hopkins route. Anderson could have fainted at the snap, and the play wouldn't have been any different.

The drop mattered a ton, as it was a key drop while they were driving before halftime. Murray's fumble probably doesn't happen if Anderson catches a ball an NFL WR should get 99 out of 100.
All of his mistakes were at key points of the game. Just ugly as hell.

50 snaps, 3 targets

1 catch for (-4)
He was terrible.

Except to people that played Hopkins :wall:

Cardinals released WR Chosen Anderson.

The receiver once known as Robbie Anderson was acquired by the Cardinals last October after a Week 6 fallout with the Panthers. One of the more obvious cap casualties of this offseason, the Cardinals save $12 million against the cap with the release of Anderson, who totaled seven receptions for 76 yards in his 10 games with the Cardinals. Once a premiere deep threat in the league, Anderson set career lows in receiving yards each of the last two seasons after going for 95-1096-3 in his first season with the Panthers. On the verge of entering his age-30 season, Anderson will likely land elsewhere on a cheap salary and could serve as added depth.
RELATED:
Mar 8, 2023 at 4:22 PM ET

I feel like his only value to a team these days is as a situational deep threat. Maybe if he catches on with the right QB/offense, he can be a 700-5 guy, but that's optimistic. I wouldn't fault dynasty owners for dropping him completely, if they hadn't already.

Best case scenario he ends up being somebody's #3 WR next year, worst case scenario, he's out of the NFL within a year.

Dolphins signed WR Chosen Anderson to a one-year contract.

Anderson was a cap casualty for the Cardinals in March, with his release saving $12 million in cap space. He split time between Arizona and Carolina last year after he was traded from the Panthers in Week 8. Anderson had just seven catches in his 10 games with the Cardinals and has set career lows in receiving yards each of the past two years. Entering his age-30 season, Anderson is unlikely to regain his 2020 form, but gives Miami another deep threat and should see time in three-wide sets.
RELATED:
Apr 16, 2023 at 9:43 AM ET

Never been big on him and he's fun to poke fun at today but I'll give him his credit. UDFA who has made over $42 million in his career before he turned 30.
For a guy who had a pretty solid first 5 years in the league, he just feel of a cliff production wise in the last 3 years. Hard to believe the talent level just dropped off that much.

But yeah, 42 million earned, especially for a guy who wasn't drafted, is pretty damn good. If he invests wisely, he can pretty much do what he wants for the rest of his life.

Oh, this is Robbie Anderson???!!!

Where have I been?

I don't begrudge this guy his name change at all. He's always been an out-there cat. Wasted his best years with Sam Darnold. You wonder how many guys that happens to.

Dolphins released WR Robbie Chosen.

The man of many names fell behind both Braxton Berrios and Cedric Wilson during the camp battle for the third wide receiver spot and was subsequently released. Berrios appears to have the inside track to a starting role from 11-personnel for the Dolphins, who also just restructured the contract of Wilson to clear $3 million against the cap.

Dolphins signed WR Robbie Chosen.

Chosen was let go by the Dolphins during roster cutdown day, but is now back with the team as a member of the practice squad. It’s been a strange few years for Chose, who has undergone several name changes, and is on his third team since October. After signing a two-year, $20 million contract with the Panthers in 2020, Chosen totaled a career-best 95 receptions for 1,096 yards, and three touchdowns, but has managed just 73 receptions over the last two seasons combined. The former deep threat will likely see snaps at some point this season, but is completely off the fantasy radar.

Dolphins released WR Robbie Chosen.

The artist formerly known as Robby Anderson is no longer a member of the Dolphins. Chosen joined the Dolphins earlier this offseason and popped up on the radar in Week 3 when he hauled in a 68-yard touchdown. The deep threat has more name changes than he has receptions this year and has bounced between three teams over the last year. At 30 years old, it’s possible he will catch on with another team at some point, but his days of being a meaningful real/fantasy football contributor appear long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread