What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rondale Moore, ARZ (2 Viewers)

Another guy I'm thinking about cutting because he is burning his opportunity
I wouldn’t cut him. I think he could be Curtis Samuel like when he comes back. I think he’ll have a roll even when Hopkins comes back. The Cards will be throwing a ton because their defense is gonna stink..
Tougher to hold this guy every day. Is he going to beat Hopkins to the field? Is he worth holding when Hopkins does return?
No on the bolded part. Hopkins, Brown, Ertz. Not enough targets left for him to be fantasy relevant. Kind of guy that will have a good week on your bench

Rondale Moore (hamstring) was limited in Thursday's practice.​

Back-to-back limited tags are a good sign for Moore, who Kliff Kingsbury believed had a chance to play this week when asked last Friday, suiting up against the Panthers. If Moore did play, he'd immediately step into an A.J. Green-sized (knee, DNP) target hole. Moore could make a sneaky WR3 play with upside, though Carolina's pass defense has been good early in the season.
Sep 29, 2022, 3:54 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rondale Moore (hamstring) is expected to play Week 4 against the Panthers.​

Moore missed a big chance to establish himself in the passing game by sitting out the first three weeks with a hamstring injury, but with the offense sputtering and DeAndre Hopkins still weeks away from rejoining the team, he might still get his shot. For now, Moore is just a risky FLEX until his role in the offense becomes more clear.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 2, 2022, 12:54 AM ET

Rondale Moore was added to the Cardinals' Thursday injury report with a knee issue, getting in a limited session.​

It's a new injury for Moore, who had just returned from his hamstring issue. The "limited" tag could be a misnomer, as all it really means is that Moore was injured in practice. Friday's status will be far more telling. Knowing what we know right now, he will probably be listed as "DNP" and on the wrong side of questionable to suit up against the Eagles. Moore's absence would return Greg Dortch to WR5 relevance. Even if Moore manages to go this weekend, he is a zero-upside play vs. the Eagles' elite defense.
Oct 6, 2022, 5:31 PM ET

Rondale Moore caught 6-of-10 targets for 49 yards in the Cardinals' Week 6 loss to the Seahawks.

Moore manned the slot again but was less efficient than last week. For those keeping track, he averaged 4.9 yards per target versus Seattle. This was obviously a product of his target depth. Moore was often getting his targets at or behind the line of scrimmage. Half of Moore's targets went for fewer than five yards including a seven-yard loss on one reception. Moore has some value in PPR leagues, but he is nothing more than a WR4/5 for Week 7.

- NBCSportsEDGE

WTF was this man? 2 ****ing targets? After averaging 9 a game? I wasn't expecting much but at least 6 targets or something and flex worthy production.

**** TNF - never again with this crap when it comes to flex decisions.

WTF was this man? 2 ****ing targets? After averaging 9 a game? I wasn't expecting much but at least 6 targets or something and flex worthy production.

**** TNF - never again with this crap when it comes to flex decisions
It makes no sense but it sums up my season. My guesses for production have been awful.

**** TNF - never again with this crap when it comes to flex decisions.
I never thought Hopkins would get 14 targets first game back. I guess Moore is droppable now.

**** TNF - never again with this crap when it comes to flex decisions
It makes no sense but it sums up my season. My guesses for production have been awful.

Looks like going forward is to make the starts that DONT make sense, take maximum risk, since the "less risk" players are ****ing busting week after week left and right

Kyler Murray is who you want to blame. He only looked for Hopkins, his man crush.
Others were open, he just did not want to throw the ball to them or he did not see them as he was only looking for Hopkins.
With his lack of film study, lack of ability to read a defense, his coach with an awful offense/game plan he
will just look for Hopkins. It is the easiest and best play for him.

Murray is not a good, nor will he ever be a winning QB. He is just there stealing money

Kyler Murray is who you want to blame. He only looked for Hopkins, his man crush.
Others were open, he just did not want to throw the ball to them or he did not see them as he was only looking for Hopkins.
Targeting one of the best receivers in the league 14 times, 10 of which he caught, is a bad thing?

Last week, Rondale Moore had only one catch while playing just 13% of his snaps from the slot. Today, Moore had 8 targets, 7 receptions, 92 yards and a score while playing 52% of his snaps from the slot. (Hopkins saw his slot snap rate drop from 46% to 19% week over week.)

breaking tackles

Rondale Moore's best performance in 2021: 7 rec, 114yds, 1 TD (vs Vikings)

His best performance this year: 9 touches, 104 total yards, 1 TD (vs Vikings)

Last week, Rondale Moore had only one catch while playing just 13% of his snaps from the slot. Today, Moore had 8 targets, 7 receptions, 92 yards and a score while playing 52% of his snaps from the slot. (Hopkins saw his slot snap rate drop from 46% to 19% week over week.)

breaking tackles

Rondale Moore's best performance in 2021: 7 rec, 114yds, 1 TD (vs Vikings)

His best performance this year: 9 touches, 104 total yards, 1 TD (vs Vikings)
He did a really good job reading the zone and stopping. He will be a good fantasy asset if this continues

Great to see Moore show out.

So far I'm planning whack a mole trying to figure out when to start him :lol:
I feel comfortable now. 3 out of 4 games usuable aside from that tnf abomination which was fluky as hell. They have no other YAC or distance threats. Robbie is probably nothing but cardio

On back to back plays the Vikings decided to try and punch the ball out rather than tackle Moore.

It was very odd and frustrating.

Side note… I still think moore is great.

On back to back plays the Vikings decided to try and punch the ball out rather than tackle Moore.

It was very odd and frustrating.

Side note… I still think moore is great.

the 3 snap, 2 receptions for 65 yards sequence? yeah that kind of made his day. but it does seem like YAC from the slot will always be his game. prior game they put Hopkins in the slot a lot and Moore played outside, didn't go so well.

Robbie Anderson (3 targets, 0 receptions) was playing outside a lot yesterday. Hollywood will be back Week 11ish. But Moore should be an OK Flex the next few weeks (SEA @LAR SF.)

target monster 3 of the last 4 weeks

super inefficient, short manufactured routes, but points is points. he’s been great in PPR. especially if you got him for free in redraft.

Rondale Moore caught 9-of-13 targets for 94 yards in the Cardinals' Week 10 win over the Rams.​

Moore continues to see an increased role in the Cardinals' offense, even with Kyler Murray sidelined. The second-year wide receiver meshed well with backup quarterback Colt McCoy, and saw a career-high 13 targets on the afternoon. Moore's best play came on a fourth-down conversion late in the fourth quarter, when McCoy uncorked a 26-yard pass on fourth-and-three and found Moore downfield for the long completion. Moore is averaging 10.3 targets per game over his last three games and is firmly on the radar as a top-24 receiver in Week 11 against the 49ers.
Nov 13, 2022, 9:14 PM ET

Sheesh. Would not mind another week of Colt after all those targets to Rondale and Nuk.
I'm not sure what happens when Brown is back, but Rondale is a must start at least until then.

Sheesh. Would not mind another week of Colt after all those targets to Rondale and Nuk.
I'm not sure what happens when Brown is back, but Rondale is a must start at least until then.
I'm not sure if that had so much to do with Colt McCoy as it did Zach Ertz going out in the first quarter. Other than his 1st game back from injury, and that game against NO where the Cards had 2 pick sixes, Moore has had 8-10 targets in all of Murray's starts, while Ertz was 5-10 targets. So, Moore basically just got his normal workload, and about half of Ertz's. Same with Hopkins where he'd averaged 11 targets per game with Murray, and got 14 targets this week, so he seemingly got the other half of Ertz's.

Moore is a good start as long as Brown is out, and depending on Ertz status, possibly afterward too. It doesn't seem like Trey McBride is going to see anywhere near as much work as Ertz did, as he saw only 1 target after Ertz left.

Rondale Moore (groin) will not play in Week 12 against the Chargers.​

Moore suffered the injury on his first touch of the game last week. He went down after losing six yards on a handoff and was unable to return. Greg Dortch would normally take his place in the lineup, but he is also questionable. If he can't go, A.J. Green would seemingly take the field for three-receiver sets. This shouldn't need to be said, but don't start Green in fantasy lineups this week.
Nov 25, 2022, 4:22 PM ET

Cardinals ruled out WR Rondale Moore (groin) for Week 14 against the Patriots.​

Moore will miss his second consecutive game, which will likely pave the way for Greg Dortch to return from a one-game absence to a prominent role as the team's starting slot wide receiver. Dortch's return should also significantly degrade both A.J. Green and Robbie Anderson's snap rate with Marquise Brown and DeAndre Hopkins likely to lock down the perimeter roles.
Dec 10, 2022, 2:14 PM ET

Thoughts going into next year?

He had several solid games, though a lot of those seem to have been when 1 of Hopkins or Brown were out.

Answering my own question

I don't feel great about him haha. Small guy that was picked in part because he fit what Klingsbury wanted to do. Now with the coaching change, are they going to want to utilize him as much? Even if they did, can he stay on the field? Even if he can, Murray coming back off injury.

Hayden Winks @HaydenWinks
Rondale Moore played on 39% of the Cardinals' 2-WR set snaps last year when active (more than I remembered), and I think this new offense will increase his aDOT.

Hard to really break out in Arizona, but things are aligning for his best year by a wide margin.

zwk @ZWKfootball
Is this including the game where he got injured in the first quarter?

He played 93% of snaps in his 7 other games, so either he was on the field for lots of the 2 WR sets or they barely ran 2 WR sets.

Hayden Winks @HaydenWinks
Correction, that's 77% of the Cardinals 2-WR snaps for Rondale Moore last year when healthy.

Rondale Moore caught 3-of-3 targets for 33 yards in the Cardinals’ Week 1 loss to the Commanders.

True to form, Moore slipped on a potential long gain. Presenting zero threat and likely lacking for compiling opportunities in a horrid offense that is going to have difficulty sustaining drives, Moore isn’t looking like an appealing WR4 heading into Week 2 against the Giants.

- Rotoworld

Rondale Moore said he was okay with receiving more snaps out of the backfield.

As Cardinals beat writer Darren Urban points out in his article, Moore has lined up 13 times as a running back this season after lining up 46 times in the backfield over the previous two seasons. The versatile receiver broke free on a 45-yard run out of the backfield during Week 3’s win over the Cowboys, and could be in line for more rush attempts under first year head coach Jonathan Gannon. For his career, Moore has rushed 29 times for 147 yards and one touchdown, averaging a solid 4.7 YPC. A growing role out of the backfield could give Moore some upside as a fantasy asset, but he’s not yet on the fantasy radar as outside of deep leagues for Week 4.

Falcons acquired WR Rondale Moore in exchange for QB Desmond Ridder.
The rare player-for-player trade sends Moore to the Falcons as yet another weapon for Kirk Cousins after Atlanta previously signed Darnell Mooney. They are beefing up what had been an undermanned receiver corps, though it’s fair to question how big of an addition Moore really is. Under-utilized and frequently banged up in Arizona, 5-foot-7 Moore has still managed at least 40 catches each of the past three years. He was not playing for creative offensive minds in Arizona. The Falcons not only have Cousins, but the latest Sean McVay disciple in Zac Robinson. With Moore still somehow only 24 years old (in June), you can keep the Dynasty league candle burning just a little bit longer.

Dude is 5’7 & injury prone.

I see this acquisition as being as impactful for the falcons as Ridder is for AZ.
I think the injury thing is overbown. He missed 2 games Y1 and 0 games Y3. It's for sure a more fun for real football than fantasy. I just don't think Rondale is the type of player who can get 90+ targets. I still insist the correct role for him was a Sproles RB/WR hybrid but very few teams actually are willing to employ that.

Users who are viewing this thread