What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (2 Viewers)

I didn't get fleeced. I fleeced him. Why are you being such a ####? I offered the trade. You overvalue a WR who's never gone for 1,000 yards and has a QB who's retiring next year.
Obviously you can't handle people having a different opion than you.  Im not being anything but rational.  I'd say 90%+ on this board will agree you got fleeced.  Have a good one.  I'm about to hit the slopes here in Steamboat.

Claypool is a nobody. I drafted him in the 2nd round of my dynasty last year. There's going to be like 3-4 new Chase Claypool's this year. I get you guys like him, that's why it's called SELLING HIGH.

I take advantage of guys like you who fall in love with a player because he's young.
Okay bud.  

Username checks out.

Anyway, back to TY. Next year he'll be catching passes from Wentz, who was arguably the worst QB in the NFL last season, and he's a speed guy who will turn 32 during the season. Hard to get too excited about his prospects this year never mind in dynasty, although there's a slight chance Wentz regains some magic.

Obviously you can't handle people having a different opion than you.  Im not being anything but rational.  I'd say 90%+ on this board will agree you got fleeced.  Have a good one.  I'm about to hit the slopes here in Steamboat.
And you know what, Shawnky? I watch people draft busts in the first round of redraft and dynasty drafts every year. Believe me, I'm not losing sleep over a guy I drafted at 2.05 last year when NOBODY WANTED HIM. I watch consensus be wrong all the time.

I bought him low.
I sold him high.

You don't go broke taking a profit. My WRs are now:

Michael Thomas
Mike Evans
Antonio Brown
TY Hilton
AJ Green

He wouldn't even start for my team. There are multiple prospects I like in this draft MORE than Chase Claypool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username checks out.

Anyway, back to TY. Next year he'll be catching passes from Wentz, who was arguably the worst QB in the NFL last season, and he's a speed guy who will turn 32 during the season. Hard to get too excited about his prospects this year never mind in dynasty, although there's a slight chance Wentz regains some magic.
Carson Wentz is a great buy low too.

As for Hilton yes he could rebound, should rebound, has not been healthy with a good QB who can throw downfield in years but by rebound that's probably somewhere at best as a low end WR2 and that might be about the end.

I've been trying to get a third round pick, even a future 2022#3 for him in two leagues and can't get it, looking at cutting him next week in those leagues.

Meanwhile I'd not take a first for Claypool.

As for Hilton yes he could rebound, should rebound, has not been healthy with a good year but by rebound that's probably somewhere at best as a low end WR2 and that might be about the end.

I've been trying to get a third round pick, even a future 2022#3 for him in two leagues and can't get it, looking at cutting him next week in those leagues.

Meanwhile I'd not take a first for Claypool.
You will 100% regret cutting Hilton. Trade for Michael Pittman and hold both. Colts offensive line is one the best in the league, Wentz will have all day to throw.

I mean, Chase Claypool is a great prospect. But he went from a late 2nd round pick rookie pick to a consensus Top 15 WR prospect strictly because he has a Hall of Famer throwing him the ball.

The same HOF who is likely going to retire here shortly. Sure Pittsburgh is a WR factory... when Big Ben is pulling the trigger. Claypool would be nothing without Big Ben. Get used to Claypool NOT getting to 1,000 yards with a rookie under center.

Santonio Holmes, leaves Pittsburgh... busts
Mike Wallace, leaves Pittsburgh... busts
Antonio Brown, leaves Pittsburgh... busts

#7 is the straw that stirs the drink. He makes everyone look good.

You don't go broke taking a profit. My WRs are now:

Michael Thomas
Mike Evans
Antonio Brown
TY Hilton
AJ Green
I would bet that 90% or more of dynasty owners would not accept a trade in which you offered all three of AB, Hilton and Green for Claypool.

The fact that your roster is living in 2015 is no excuse for you to berate other people who disagree with your (minority) opinion of both Hilton and Claypool.

I would bet that 90% or more of dynasty owners would not accept a trade in which you offered all three of AB, Hilton and Green for Claypool.

The fact that your roster is living in 2015 is no excuse for you to berate other people who disagree with your (minority) opinion of both Hilton and Claypool.
I'm happy for it. Consensus is almost always wrong. Consensus had Claypool going in the late 2nd of dynasty rookie drafts last year, I drafted him. Consensus had Claypool going undrafted in fantasy redrafts last year, I drafted him.

I buy undervalued players.
I sell overvalued players.

It's that simple. Claypool will disappoint this year. If you want to invest in an asset because "he's young", go ahead. I'll worry about finding that NEXT Chase Claypool and making you overpay from him after he breaks out as well.

TY Hilton 2020 Highlights

It's funny watching people in the Shark Pool salivate over these rookie prospects (many who historically will pan out to be nothing), but TY Hilton who was WR42 in a down year. "He's unrosterable."

Watch the video and tell me you think he's cashed. 

:lol:

This is the worst possible way to run a dynasty team.  Sure Hilton may outscore Claypool in 2021, but Claypool will likely outscore Hilton by 10x or more from years 2022 through forever.
Who's throwing him the football? When Ben retires, his value goes into the ####ter.

Who's throwing him the football?
Considering that Hilton will be completely out of the league, it doesn't matter.

Just accept the fact that you gave up an ascending asset for pennies on the dollar to get a player who in all likelihood will be playing his final season in the NFL.

Considering that Hilton will be completely out of the league, it doesn't matter.

Just accept the fact that you gave up an ascending asset for pennies on the dollar to get a player who in all likelihood will be playing his final season in the NFL.
That doesn't make any sense. 

Any player who isn't a stud is tradeable. Chase Claypool is not a stud. I got a WR (TY Hilton who will probably outproduce him the next 2-3 seasons) and a high upside RB in Todd Gurley.

Don't act like Chase Claypool is this big stud when:

1.) He went in the 2nd round of dynasty rookie drafts.
2.) His QB is retiring soon.

Hilton will be the #1 target on a franchise that adores him and Todd Gurley will end up getting lead carries on a team that doesn't get the RB prospect they want. Chase Claypool is not winning or losing you any fantasy championship. He's a player who will forever be overvalued because of the time he scored 4 touchdowns in one game.

Any player who isn't a stud is tradeable. Chase Claypool is not a stud. I got a WR (TY Hilton who will probably outproduce him the next 2-3 seasons) and a high upside RB in Todd Gurley.

Don't act like Chase Claypool is this big stud when:

1.) He went in the 2nd round of dynasty rookie drafts.
2.) His QB is retiring soon.

Hilton will be the #1 target on a franchise that adores him and Todd Gurley will end up getting lead carries on a team that doesn't get the RB prospect they want. Chase Claypool is not winning or losing you any fantasy championship. He's a player who will forever be overvalued because of the time he score 4 touchdowns in one game.

How can you call Gurley a high upside RB?  He's been done for awhile now.  As a Colts homer and Hilton fan, you got robbed. 

How can you call Gurley a high upside RB?  He's been done for awhile now.  As a Colts homer and Hilton fan, you got robbed. 
Gurley scored 9 touchdowns in his first 9 games last year and then barely played the last 7 games. 9 touchdowns is the exact number of receiving touchdowns Chase Claypool caught that everyone is going nuts about as him being "touchdown machine".

Any player who can score 9 touchdowns in 9 games is not "washed up". It's clear the Falcons shut him down because there's no reason to hurt his arthritic knee for meaning exhibition Falcons games. When there was something to play for, Gurley was punching the gosh darn ball into the end zone.

9 Touchdowns first 9 games. He is not washed up.

According to Dan Hindrey's March trade value chart, you came out on the short side of this deal.

3 points - Todd Gurley

4 points - TY Hilton

24 points - Chase Claypool

You're the only person arguing that he's worthless because he was previously a 2nd round rookie pick.  Does that also make James Robinson worthless?  Tee Higgins?  Michael PIttman?

The difference in value between what you gave up and what you got is roughly equivalent to Woods, Kupp, Thielen or Boyd, and I would bet real American dollars that every single one of them blows Hilton's production out of the water this season (and in the future).

According to Dan Hindrey's March trade value chart, you came out on the short side of this deal.

3 points - Todd Gurley

4 points - TY Hilton

24 points - Chase Claypool

You're the only person arguing that he's worthless because he was previously a 2nd round rookie pick.  Does that also make James Robinson worthless?  Tee Higgins?  Michael PIttman?

The difference in value between what you gave up and what you got is roughly equivalent to Woods, Kupp, Thielen or Boyd, and I would bet real American dollars that every single one of them blows Hilton's production out of the water this season (and in the future).
It doesn't make him worthless. But why am I worrying about what Chase Claypool and TY Hilton will be doing 10 years from now, if as you just pointed (James Robinson, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman) are available every year for pennies.

It just shows how replaceable Claypool is and why it makes sense to sell high. Maybe I didn't get enough in your eyes (but I think TY goes for 1,100 and Gurley punches in 8+ touchdowns). But there's no way you can argue that Claypool isn't a sell high for a player with some stability (QB who isn't going to retire) and who has less competition for targets (JuJu & Diontae).

Gurley scored 9 touchdowns in his first 9 games last year and then barely played the last 7 games. 9 touchdowns is the exact number of receiving touchdowns Chase Claypool caught that everyone is going nuts about as him being "touchdown machine".

Any player who can score 9 touchdowns in 9 games is not "washed up". It's clear the Falcons shut him down because there's no reason to hurt his arthritic knee for meaning exhibition Falcons games. When there was something to play for, Gurley was punching the gosh darn ball into the end zone.

9 Touchdowns first 9 games. He is not washed up.
I think both Hilton and Gurley will be on 90% of the waiver wires in dynasty leagues this time next year.  Hell, there is even talk Gurley may retire because of his knee.  Hilton is no longer the WR1 in Indy and will be lucky to get two receptions a game in 2021.  Never judge future dynasty value with great expectations for players like Hilton and Gurley at this stage of their career.

TY Hilton is at least the second known WR this year to turn down more money from the Ravens to resign. Would have been a bad fit for them anyway, they need a WR with a big catch radius and YAC skills.

I think both Hilton and Gurley will be on 90% of the waiver wires in dynasty leagues this time next year.  Hell, there is even talk Gurley may retire because of his knee.  Never judge future dynasty value with great expectations for players like Hilton and Gurley at this stage of their career.
Hell next year, may not be up to 90% levels but I picked up Hilton on waivers in a few leagues last year and I've got leagues right now were Gurley is not on a roster.

I think both Hilton and Gurley will be on 90% of the waiver wires in dynasty leagues this time next year.  Hell, there is even talk Gurley may retire because of his knee.  Never judge future dynasty value with great expectations for players like Hilton and Gurley at this stage of their career.
That's crazy to me because I think:

1.) TY will lead the Colts in targets.
2.) Gurley will be getting goal line carries somewhere.

I love chasing veterans for value.

Reggie Wayne was washed up in 2012 until he put up 106 / 1,355 / 5.
Jamal Lewis was cashed in 2007 until he put up 1,304 / 9.

That's crazy to me because I think:

1.) TY will lead the Colts in targets.
2.) Gurley will be getting goal line carries somewhere.

I love chasing veterans for value.

Reggie Wayne was washed up in 2012 until he put up 106 / 1,355 / 5.
Jamal Lewis was cashed in 2007 until he put up 1,304 / 9.
Glad you're happy with the trade.  That's all that counts in the end, but I think you're going to be disappointed. 

Recently re-signed Colts WR T.Y. Hilton said he turned down more money from the Ravens. 

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the amount was "significant." We are typically skeptical of these sorts of claims, but it is a little more believable this year. With many veteran wideouts limited to one-year offers, it is not surprising some opted for continuity and comfort over a few million more elsewhere. The Ravens are still working to add a viable starter opposite Marquise Brown as Willie Snead appears likely to depart in free agency. 

RELATED: 

Baltimore Ravens

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Mar 25, 2021, 1:37 PM ET

I didn't participate in this, but he was getting basic facts wrong everywhere and getting a little belligerent about it. Sometimes you wind up with an authentic troll. I think he bumped Zeno Razon's post as one of the first things he did here. IIRC (I think I saw that). That sort of reeks of bad news.

eta* Sorry, the guy who bumped Razon was a poster named "Sydbowski" or "Sydboski" who has one post, and it's to bump Razon. Strange.

Colts WR T.Y. Hilton said Carson Wentz's arm strength has "jumped out" at offseason workouts.

Hilton said he's excited for "the return of deep shots" in playing with Wentz, who has reportedly looked downfield for the 31-year-old often in camp. Wentz did chuck the ball deep in 2020, tossing it 20-plus yards downfield at the league's sixth-highest rate (13.7%), but struggled to connect on just 33% of those passes with five touchdowns and five picks. The Colts' offense remains dependent on Frank Reich tapping into the Wentz of old, who was an MVP candidate under the former in 2017. Michael Pittman and Hilton would obviously benefit in that scenario, too.

RELATED: 

Carson Wentz

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

May 17, 2021, 1:42 PM ET

Interesting to watch.  I could really we the whole "Hilton/claypool" thing going a few ways.  Lots of issues surrounding both situations.  

I personally think Hikton is on a short trip to a decently paced fade this year.  His game is speed and he's just at that age when you consider the "little" nagging injuries he's had the past few years.  Then you throw in Wentz and his roller coaster ride.  The line is great there in Indy so maybe that helps?  

Then there's claypool who I think is a bit overinflated and has to deal with Ben leaving sooner than later.  Looking as close to home as how things changed for juju once Ben was out if the picture, it's worth considering.  

Someone mentioned Reggie Wayne as a de fr ense for Hilton a few posts up but Wayne was a different cat and he reinvented himself those last few years.  Would have been a more interesting comp if it had been Harrison that had that trajectory.  

I root for Hilton.  Always liked him but I would be a seller at this point instead of a buyer. 

Colts placed T.Y. Hilton (neck) on injured reserve.

With the new injured reserve rules in place, Hilton will sit out at least three games before returning. Hilton has struggled with injuries in recent years. He has missed nine games over the past three seasons and appeared to be hobbling through his injuries at times. He'll likely return to an offense as the second option with Michael Pittman leading the team in targets. At the age of 31, Hilton's days of being a viable fantasy option are nearing an end. He'll be nothing more than a desperation FLEX play upon returning. 

- Zak Keefer, Twitter

Kind of poor sportsmanship on your part to bring this up AFTER TY Hilton gets put on injured reserve.

If Chase Claypool has a career ending injury tomorrow, does he magically win the trade? Claiming you "won" or "lost" a trade because a player got injured is kind of busch league.

Did people who drafted Travis Etienne get fleeced? What about somebody who traded fair value for Cam Akers before injury? Fleeced?

Claiming trade victory over an injury seems indicative of a very negative character trait.

Congrats, your opponent scratched on the 8-ball. "You win."
Pretty terrible examples (Akers/Etienne) when compared to what the dynasty values of two already washed players were (Gurley/Hilton) in March of this year when that trade went down.  

That trade didn’t take an opponent scratching on the 8-ball to win.  It was more like your opponent had never played billiards before.

Colts coach Frank Reich said that T.Y. Hilton (neck) is "not quite there yet."

Reich added that Hilton is progressing well from his neck surgery but still needs more time. It looks like Hilton, who is now eligible to return from injured reserve, will miss at least Week 4. Michael Pittman currently leads the Colts with 28 targets, 17 catches, and 220 receiving yards. His role doesn't figure to change much once the 31-year-old Hilton returns. Hilton will likely take snaps away from Zach Pascal and Parris Campbel upon returning. Pittman is the only receiver worth note on this team for fantasy purposes. 

SOURCE: Charlie Clifford on Twitter

Sep 27, 2021, 3:16 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread