What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (2 Viewers)

Lockett is the best wr that nobody talks about
Ironically he had a rep for being one of those guys who are super inconsistent game to game and blow up for 40 points on your bench, and this year he morphed into a consistent 10-20 every week guy

Guy will retire off my dyno roster probably as nobody thinks he’s worth more than a 2 and he just produces borderline wr1/wr2 numbers year in and year out. I was gettin heat in the dynasty trades thread for preferring him over Michael Carter

Lockett is the best wr that nobody talks about
Ironically he had a rep for being one of those guys who are super inconsistent game to game and blow up for 40 points on your bench, and this year he morphed into a consistent 10-20 every week guy

Guy will retire off my dyno roster probably as nobody thinks he’s worth more than a 2 and he just produces borderline wr1/wr2 numbers year in and year out. I was gettin heat in the dynasty trades thread for preferring him over Michael Carter

I've had him his entire career. Crazy to think about how many games he has started for me. I like the quiet humble dudes who don't get the attention their production warrants. One of my favorite players and that probably goes for a lot of dynasty owners. He has never been valued by non-owners enough to consider trading him.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said the team will "see where he is" when questioned about Tyler Lockett's (finger) Week 17 availability.​

Carroll speculated early last week that Lockett may only miss one game after undergoing hand surgery to repair a broken finger suffered in Week 15 against the 49ers. Of course, that may have been an overly-optimistic Carroll speaking last week, as he was unwilling to commit to Lockett playing in Week 17 against the Jets when questioned. If he's active, Lockett could have some WR3 upside next week, but his finger injury could make him hard to trust.
Dec 26, 2022, 1:30 PM ET

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Tyler Lockett (shin) "looked good today" in practice and he expects Lockett to play in Week 18 against the Rams.​

Lockett went down with the shin injury in Week 17. He ultimately returned to the game after an extended absence. He did not return to practice until Friday, but the Seahawks need a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. Despite being banged up, that is more than enough motivation for Lockett to gut it out through the shin injury. Assuming he plays, Lockett will rank as a low-end WR2 versus the Rams.
SOURCE: John Boyle on Twitter
Jan 6, 2023, 5:12 PM ET

Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett could have his contract extended to free up cap space.​

Lockett is owed a $9.7 million salary with $16.7 million guaranteed in 2023. Seattle wants to lower Lockett's cap number and can create around $6.8 million in cap space if they do a new deal this offseason. Lockett is signed through 2025 on his current contract. The Seahawks could use the money saved on Lockett towards extending free agent QB Geno Smith.
SOURCE: USA Today Sports
Feb 10, 2023, 9:24 AM ET

Not a lot of talk on him.

Working through Rankings/projections and he's tough to get a feel for. He's been one of the most consistent guys for a while now. JSN's presence kind of muddies the picture.

He's definitely a better value than in year's past, but is he going to get as many looks?

Working through Rankings/projections and he's tough to get a feel for. He's been one of the most consistent guys for a while now. JSN's presence kind of muddies the picture.

He's definitely a better value than in year's past, but is he going to get as many looks?
Logic would dictate they stop running as much 12 personnel and have Lockett, JSN, and DK on the field at the same time as much as possible. While his volume may take a small hit, I think the tight ends will be losing the most targets in this offense moving forward. But Pete Carrol gonna Pete Carrol so who knows lol. Waldron will likely be leaning heavy on him to open the offense up a bit.

Logic would dictate they stop running as much 12 personnel and have Lockett, JSN, and DK on the field at the same time as much as possible. While his volume may take a small hit, I think the tight ends will be losing the most targets in this offense moving forward. But Pete Carrol gonna Pete Carrol so who knows lol. Waldron will likely be leaning heavy on him to open the offense up a bit.
I've done a few mocks where JSN has gone ahead of Lockett, and that feels crazy to me, and I like JSN. I think Lockett is a solid 5th round pick and would agree Seattle is more likely to pass more often this season just due to personnel.

It feels like Lockett is perpetually underrated, and this season will be no different. I'd be very happy with Lockett as my WR3. Lockett feels like one of the best WR values along with Diontae Johnson in my eyes.

Kinda like Charbonnet and Geno where they are going as well.

I've done a few mocks where JSN has gone ahead of Lockett, and that feels crazy to me, and I like JSN. I think Lockett is a solid 5th round pick and would agree Seattle is more likely to pass more often this season just due to personnel.

It feels like Lockett is perpetually underrated, and this season will be no different. I'd be very happy with Lockett as my WR3. Lockett feels like one of the best WR values along with Diontae Johnson in my eyes.

Lockett may be the most underrated FF player in the last 10 years. FFC ADP last 5 years: (FFC half PPR) and his stats that year:

2022: WR40 - 84/1033/9
2021: WR20 - 73/1175/8
2020: WR23 - 100/1054/10
2019: WR18 - 82/1057/8
2018: WR52 - 70/965/10

Production: 82/1057/9 for an average WR ADP of 30.6

Lockett may be the most underrated FF player in the last 10 years. FFC ADP last 5 years: (FFC half PPR) and his stats that year:

Former Lockett owner, his floor is very low and production very unreliable. It seems he has 2-3 blow up games and the rest are poor/mediocre.

Last edited:
I'd be selling Lockett in dynasty.

Still a viable play in redraft, but ceiling seems limited with JSN in town and DK in what should be his prime.

I'd be selling Lockett in dynasty.

Still a viable play in redraft, but ceiling seems limited with JSN in town and DK in what should be his prime.
This seems like a bad move to me. He's ranked around WR45, about 120 overall. What are you getting for him in a sale? As pointed out, the community is already low on him. Despite the fact he's finished as a borderline WR1 the past 5 seasons. DK has had practically 0 impact on his production since joining the team. And I also don't really buy into the inconsistency/low floor argument posted above by stlrams either; he only scored less than 11pts 3 times last season. He's a very solid hold, and depending on value (WR45 is crazy to me), I'd be buying as a WR3/flex play easily.

Former Lockett owner, his floor is very low and production very unreliable. It seems he has 2-3 blow up games and the rest are poor/mediocre.
I had this perception of him myself but last year in half-ppr he posted 12 games in double digit scoring.

For context, so did Justin Jefferson

Edit: and CeeDee Lamb

I had this perception of him myself but last year in half-ppr he posted 12 games in double digit scoring.

For context, so did Justin Jefferson

Edit: and CeeDee Lamb
Yeah. I’m really coming around on Lockett at cost.

I don't understand people who really complain about "boom/bust" players in general, it isn't shown to have any effect on your fantasy season at all. it's basically a mental problem, you prefer seeing the comfy round 10 every week instead of 22 and 6 and 3

Tyler Lockett caught 2-of-4 targets for 10 yards in the Seahawks’ Week 1 loss to the Rams.

Lockett’s down day will sting for fantasy managers, but it could have been worse. The speedy receiver left the game in the second half to be evaluated for a concussion but returned after being looked at by the medical staff for a few minutes. Missing both of their starting tackles for most of the third and fourth quarters, Seattle’s offense sputtered out at the end of the game. They will attempt to regroup in Week 2 versus the Lions. Tyler Lockett should still be treated as a WR2 in the good matchup.

- Rotoworld

Assuming he's not concussed and missing time, are people concerned about week one? I've had a couple of rookies look great in week one so can personally move on if the consensus is that his value is as high as it'll ever be, and put him on trade block accordingly, but thoughts of those who watched the game are appreciated

Assuming he's not concussed and missing time, are people concerned about week one? I've had a couple of rookies look great in week one so can personally move on if the consensus is that his value is as high as it'll ever be, and put him on trade block accordingly, but thoughts of those who watched the game are appreciated
Geno had a horrible day passing. 112 yards.

Key words in your statement. "week one". Chill

Well, yeah, I am chilled - if someone offers me something that is clearly favourable right now I'm taking, I just want an idea of whether some combination of Lockett, Geno, the o-line, whatever means that value has already peaked and I can move on with a neutral or slightly bad trade, or if it's a blip and we can expect what the redraft ADP would indicate going forward...

Well, yeah, I am chilled - if someone offers me something that is clearly favourable right now I'm taking, I just want an idea of whether some combination of Lockett, Geno, the o-line, whatever means that value has already peaked and I can move on with a neutral or slightly bad trade, or if it's a blip and we can expect what the redraft ADP would indicate going forward...
Lockett owner here and it's really really hard to guage what this team is going to look like just based on that game. Target shares were even across all three receivers, well Lockett had one less, but he outsnapped JSN 88% to 59% so for now Lockett is the starter. There weren't enough action to see whether JSN could take over in the starting lineup. I'd move him regardless of one week performance if I get a great offer, but definitely wouldn't move him just because of week 1.

I think his value is already depressed because of JSN and I doubt week 1 changed that any, so not enough value there for a trade imo.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he expects Tyler Lockett (hamstring) to play in Week 8 against the Browns.

Locket said Lockett and safety Jamaal Adams made it through Friday’s practice without any issues. Both players were listed as questionable for Week 8. Lockett did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday, but the Seahawks are often extra cautious with their veterans before cutting them loose on gameday. Lockett will rank as a WR2 for his matchup with Cleveland.

Any Seattle homers hearing whether Lockett is going to be limited today? Considering benching him for Godwin or J. Ferguson….

Any Seattle homers hearing whether Lockett is going to be limited today? Considering benching him for Godwin or J. Ferguson….

I have the Lockett or Godwin decision as well.

A couple weeks ago I rolled with a questionable Josh Downs and he got one catch and left with I believe a re-aggravated injury. It was a fantasy football game loser.

I'm in a tough spot, have lockett late game or I can just st play Dionte Johnson in early game and not chance it. What does everyone think?

We can't chance a goosegg. I already got one of those with Mark Andrews...
Mark Andrews did not get a goose egg.
Sure, sure, technically you are 100% correct. He put up a whopping 4.3 points before being lost for the game/year.
I didn’t mean to come across as snarky/rude yesterday. Just the literal definition of a goose egg is a zero.

Probably the highschool editor of the newspaper in me showing up 20 years later.

Apologies.

Sure, sure, technically you are 100% correct. He put up a whopping 4.3 points before being lost for the game/year.
I didn’t mean to come across as snarky/rude yesterday. Just the literal definition of a goose egg is a zero.

Probably the highschool editor of the newspaper in me showing up 20 years later.

Apologies.
No sweat, Bro. i was disappointed in Andrews injury and output. Then Achane did the same thing...neither "gooseggs", but I lost for sure with little help from them. haha

Apologies.
No sweat, Bro. i was disappointed in Andrews injury and output. Then Achane did the same thing...neither "gooseggs", but I lost for sure with little help from them. haha
I own both on the same team as well.

Let’s call it a Snake Egg… because it feels like you’re snakebit.

Seahawks re-signed WR Tyler Lockett to a restructured two-year, $34 million contract.
This keeps the veteran speedster with the Seahawks for the next two years, bringing nearly $13 million in guaranteed money. Seattle appear to be set on keeping their skill position core together in an attempt to return to prominence in the top-heavy NFC. Lockett had his worst statistical season of the previous six years in 2023 and now has the electric Jaxon Smith-Njigba to contend with for breaking routes, but the veteran maintains the tools to return fantasy value at a likely depressed cost in fantasy drafts this coming spring.

Looks like the true JSN breakout may have to wait another year outside of an injury to Metcalf or Lockett
Yep, not the Lockett news I wanted to hear. Dude will be almost 32 when the season starts, though. Guys can fall off suddenly.

Looks like the true JSN breakout may have to wait another year outside of an injury to Metcalf or Lockett
Yep, not the Lockett news I wanted to hear. Dude will be almost 32 when the season starts, though. Guys can fall off suddenly.
True, JSN could very well eclipse Lockett in the pecking order, but still a lot of mouths to feed and who knows how much of a pass friendly offense it will be.

True, JSN could very well eclipse Lockett in the pecking order, but still a lot of mouths to feed and who knows how much of a pass friendly offense it will be.
I think there is a decent chance Metcalf is the only WR you can really trust in this offense. Could see the new OC (from University of Washington) using DK in a similar vain to how he used Rome Odunze.

Biggest winner of a Lockett re-signing might be a potential rookie QB (Penix?) and probably Kenneth Walker, as its hard to play the run with all these weapons.

Biggest loser is almost certainly JSN, and perhaps Lockett himself. To be fair, I saw nothing from JSN that made me think he's any threat to Lockett until Lockett declines.

Seahawks re-signed WR Tyler Lockett to a restructured two-year, $34 million contract.
This keeps the veteran speedster with the Seahawks for the next two years, bringing nearly $13 million in guaranteed money. Seattle appear to be set on keeping their skill position core together in an attempt to return to prominence in the top-heavy NFC. Lockett had his worst statistical season of the previous six years in 2023 and now has the electric Jaxon Smith-Njigba to contend with for breaking routes, but the veteran maintains the tools to return fantasy value at a likely depressed cost in fantasy drafts this coming spring.
I kinda knew that was gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread