What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (3 Viewers)

Russ actually missed him on a 3rd and long in the endzone. I don't remember if it was at end of the 2nd or 3rd quarter, but Russ was scrambling and just overthrew him. I'm not selling high and I'm just hoping for more consistency than last year. If I was stacked at WR and needed help elsewhere, I might consider it. 

Smack Tripper said:
Sell high?
Why? He has been producing at a high level for the past three seasons and is actually getting better each year.

At this point I think we can stop waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think asking if he is a sell high candidate suggests people still are waiting for whatever his perceived knocks were (leg injury about a hundred years ago iirc) to finally surface. So I think he may be undervalued and you won't get what he is actually worth in return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler Lockett caught all four of his targets for 31 yards in the Seahawks' Week 3 loss to the Vikings.

Lockett went down with a leg injury in the second half and stayed on the field for a few minutes before limping off under his own power. Much of the Seattle bench came on the field to take a knee but the explosive receiver managed to return to the game before it ended. Even if he's less than fully healthy, his return is a good sign that he didn't suffer a major injury. With DK Metcalf exploding to the tune of 107 yards and Lockett missing a chunk of the second half, this game goes down as a write-off for Lockett. He'll look to rebound versus the Browns next week.

Tyler Lockett caught all four of his targets for 31 yards in the Seahawks' Week 3 loss to the Vikings.

Lockett went down with a leg injury in the second half and stayed on the field for a few minutes before limping off under his own power. Much of the Seattle bench came on the field to take a knee but the explosive receiver managed to return to the game before it ended. Even if he's less than fully healthy, his return is a good sign that he didn't suffer a major injury. With DK Metcalf exploding to the tune of 107 yards and Lockett missing a chunk of the second half, this game goes down as a write-off for Lockett. He'll look to rebound versus the Browns next week.

Except that he's not playing the Browns next week.

I know he went out and came back last week.  Is he practicing and/or injured.  I'm hoping for some insight since I will have to start Boyd on Thursday night if he's possibly injured.  Thanks.

Tyler Lockett (hip) did not practice on Thursday.

Lockett went down in the Seahawks' Week 3 game against the Vikings and took a few minutes to make it to his feet before limping off. He was able to return to the game and even logged a limited practice on Wednesday. It's unclear if he's dealing with something related to that injury, which was initially said to be a knee issue. Either way, he's now at risk of sitting out in Week 4. If he does, DK Metcalf will be in line to soak up plenty of targets versus the Rams. Metcalf was listed as a limited participant in practice on Thursday due to a foot issue but should be able to play through it unless the situation worsens before Sunday.

RELATED: 

DK Metcalf

Sep 30, 2021, 7:17 PM ET

Lockett practiced in full on Friday and Schefter is reporting Lockett is expected to play today.

Not sure how I’m feeling about him though. At about a 60% chance I start him, 40% I sit him for Antonio Brown.
Saw this reply to Schefter’s tweet which appears to be from a doctor (not sure who he is so take with a grain of salt): Lockett has been dealing with this hip injury for several weeks now, but he retweaked it last week when he twisted his knee.   Unclear on exact injury, but likely either hip flexor or cartilage/labrum injury. Neither are going away soon.   I'm more concerned about Metcalf's foot.

Tyler Lockett caught 2-of-7 targets for 35 yards in the Seahawks' Week 6 loss to the Steelers.

Russell Wilson's absence clearly hurt Lockett, as he just wasn't able to connect with Geno Smith despite respectable volume. Still, this is a fairly concentrated passing attack with Lockett and DK Metcalf leading the way, so the targets should be there even if his usual efficiency isn't. Lockett remains a WR2 option for the time being, but he'll return to his usual fringe top-12 value upon Wilson's return.

Oct 18, 2021, 12:24 AM ET

Tyler Lockett caught 2-of-3 targets for 12 yards in the Seahawks' Week 7 loss to the Saints.

Freddie Swain (six) and DK Metcalf (five) both out-targeted Lockett on a night Geno Smith completed just 12-of-22 attempts in an embarrassing performance. In Smith's two starts, Lockett has produced four catches for 47 yards on 10 targets. He's almost unplayable in fantasy but does get an easy Week 8 draw against the Jaguars. Smith is the bigger hurdle to clear for Lockett.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Geno is a one read guy, if they don’t scheme Lockett a bit nothing will fly

geno is just awful
And he certainly is a big drop from Russ in extending plays and finding an open receiving on the run. Huge downgrade for SEA and Lockett. I knew these weeks without Russ would be ruff. DK in the same boat, but had the one big one to salvage his night this week. Weather conditions didn't exactly help either. 

Never drafting him again. 2 or 3 big games and the rest completely useless. Russ or no Russ he's too inconsistent. 

I started Lockett and lost by 0.7.  What kills me is I had Alex Collins on the bench, and left him there because of injury uncertainty, and also the Saints run defense is better than their pass D.  But if I started Collins I would have won the week.

Geno has deep sixed Lockett's value. He's just too inaccurate.
I saw Geno throw into double coverage and hit Lockett in the hands for what would have been a huge gain. He dropped the pass. Lockett lives and dies on the longball. That isnt easy to keep consistent. 

I saw Geno throw into double coverage and hit Lockett in the hands for what would have been a huge gain. He dropped the pass. Lockett lives and dies on the longball. That isnt easy to keep consistent. 
It's always a mixed bag. I saw that throw and the defender was right there with an arm in his chest. Yes, that particular ball was accurate but there were lots of reasons why it wasn't caught. Degree of difficulty 9/10.  There were a lot of other balls that were under/over/high/etc.

It's always a mixed bag. I saw that throw and the defender was right there with an arm in his chest. Yes, that particular ball was accurate but there were lots of reasons why it wasn't caught. Degree of difficulty 9/10.  There were a lot of other balls that were under/over/high/etc.
He was only targeted 3 times and caught the other 2. 

Look, Im not here to defend Geno, but Lockett has always been up and down. 

He was only targeted 3 times and caught the other 2. 

Look, Im not here to defend Geno, but Lockett has always been up and down. 
Exactly...Russ makes that passing O work. I agree that Lockett can be up and down, but he is MUCH more consistent with Russ.

Exactly...Russ makes that passing O work. I agree that Lockett can be up and down, but he is MUCH more consistent with Russ.
I’m not gonna keep going back-and-forth but you are simply wrong. Wilson played five weeks, but we’ll throw out week five because that’s when he got hurt. In the first four weeks Lockett had:

4-100-2

8-178-1

4-31-0

4-24-0

That is not consistent at all, let alone MUCH more.

Going back to last year, depending upon your scoring, in ppr, these were Locketts total weeks 10-17

You and I much have a different definition of consistent. 

I thought you were done with the back and forth? Arrogant people are just so fun to play with. Nothing like making mountains out of molehills. 
Yes, providing actual statistics is pretty arrogant. 🤡

People come here for information and you presented claims that weren't true. Again, sorry I hurt your feelings by pointing it out. 

Yes, providing actual statistics is pretty arrogant. 🤡

People come here for information and you presented claims that weren't true. Again, sorry I hurt your feelings by pointing it out. 
Just to put this to rest, it isn't so much that I was wrong as the stats do point out. Lockett still has ups and downs WITH Russ.  That's fine, and thank you for pointing it out. I'd just suggest being more cool with how you go about it.

Lockett has always been deep ball dependent.  Broken plays, bad coverage, just plain beating his man badly, whatever.  Russ creates the time and has the experience to find him when that happens, Geno, not so much.

But yes, even with Russ, Lockett often has a boom or bust stat line.

To be fair, all WRs outside of the upper tier are inconsistent. Lockett does seem to have more extreme high and lows than the average, say, top 50 WR, but he's far from the only guy that booms and busts.

Lockett has always been deep ball dependent.  Broken plays, bad coverage, just plain beating his man badly, whatever.  Russ creates the time and has the experience to find him when that happens, Geno, not so much.

But yes, even with Russ, Lockett often has a boom or bust stat line.
Hoping to fly to Seattle and remove that pin in Russ's hand myself this afternoon. 🤣

what percent of a FAAB budget is Lockett worth if available right now?
Well, in my guillotine league where studs fall every week, he goes for 77/1000. Cedee lamb goes for like 120 while jeudy goes for like 30 for comparison. With Wilson coming back week 10 you think he bounces back to at least wr2 startable ros. Would think at least 25-50% faab. He’s always boom or bust so people hate him but at end of year he manages to be solid top 15-20 or better year in year out.

He does, good to see.  Although I bet almost everyone had him riding the bench this week....myself included....lol.   :wall:
That's exactly what I have been telling everyone in the WSIS thread and I will probably continue to do so.

This really looked more like a Jacksonville team that was beyond unprepared to play. Myles Jack and Josh Allen bot made some pretty scathing comments about their performance.

I don't think it will happen but this is typically the type of performance that immediately gets a head coach #### canned.

The team quit.

He does, good to see.  Although I bet almost everyone had him riding the bench this week....myself included....lol.   :wall:

I did too... For collins... Random stuff. This guy is always feast or famine. You can count on him to go off whenever you bench him. Games like this is why he'll remain top 15-20 when you look at end of year WR rankings. Just so frustrating.

Think you got to start him when Russell comes back though and just ride it out. Hope your other players make up for bust weeks and that this guy booms during weeks when you need it. He has a high a ceiling as any. Just a lower and more common floor than any.

I did too... For collins... Random stuff. This guy is always feast or famine. You can count on him to go off whenever you bench him. Games like this is why he'll remain top 15-20 when you look at end of year WR rankings. Just so frustrating.

Think you got to start him when Russell comes back though and just ride it out. Hope your other players make up for bust weeks and that this guy booms during weeks when you need it. He has a high a ceiling as any. Just a lower and more common floor than any.
Must start with Wilson back for sure..... Guess he will take Ridleys place in my lineup.....what a weird year

Well I did start Emmanuel Sanders over him - zero catches on 4 targets.

This might be my lowest scoring week ever.
LOL. Man if I could predict Beasley games I would make...well I don't get paid for any of this so nothing. But it would still be cool if I could.

LOL. Man if I could predict Beasley games I would make...well I don't get paid for any of this so nothing. But it would still be cool if I could.
im sure if you had the time and desire you can watch film and pull up pro football focus stats and see if it was a function or coverage, separation, game plan, who was covering who etc.

or he maybe just never saw sanders the whole game lol….

isn’t this also first game when Knox is out? I think they have an inverse relationship in terms of fantasy scoring.

Makes sense. Sit the guy when we figure out he can’t play well with geno smith and he goes off. Russ comes back and everyone’s fresh off bye and they lay an egg. You guys couldn’t see that coming?

If you want him to go off, it’s easy. Just sit him.

Users who are viewing this thread