What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (5 Viewers)

He had an MRI so I wouldn't think it's completely insignificant.
I agree with this. Not to say it is indeed serious, but Carroll is often overly optimistic , as we’ve seen for a few weeks now with Carson and Hyde. The next few days will be telling.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had an MRI so I wouldn't think it's completely insignificant.

Last time against AZ, Lockett went absolutely bonkers. PP will probably cover Metcalf again.

Whoever were to slide in here would be in for targets/production.

D. Moore anyone?
Swain? 

Tyler Lockett (knee) did not practice Tuesday.

Lockett has gone back-to-back days without practicing ahead of an in-division Thursday night game against the Cardinals. Coach Pete Carroll said has "a bit of a knee sprain" but the severity is unknown. Another DNP on Wednesday would put Lockett on the wrong side of questionable. David Moore would an upside WR3 play in the event Lockett were to miss time, and DK Metcalf's arrow would point up as well.

RELATED: 

David Moore

, DK Metcalf

Nov 17, 2020, 8:24 PM ET

https://www.seahawks.com/video/pete-carroll-2020-week-11-wednesday-press-conference

pete's presser, watch for yourself.

3:40 mark

Reporter: how's tyler lockett doing?

PC: he worked well today.... he looked fine....

Reporter: you think he's going to play tomorrow?

PC: I dont think there's any doubt he's playing tomorrow. he just looked too good on the practice field today..... 

then a few seconds after that he qualified his statement by adding "i do want to add we have to see how he his after today... that's an unknown right now... as much as i would like to be optimistic we do have to see how he is after the work today."

https://www.seahawks.com/video/pete-carroll-2020-week-11-wednesday-press-conference

pete's presser, watch for yourself.

3:40 mark

Reporter: how's tyler lockett doing?

PC: he worked well today.... he looked fine....

Reporter: you think he's going to play tomorrow?

PC: I dont think there's any doubt he's playing tomorrow. he just looked too good on the practice field today..... 

then a few seconds after that he qualified his statement by adding "i do want to add we have to see how he his after today... that's an unknown right now... as much as i would like to be optimistic we do have to see how he is after the work today."
Nice find bro thanks for posting !

Kinda felt like the typical Pete Carroll “he’s totally fine” response followed by a realization he wasn’t supposed to say that lol.

maybe it’s Lockett’s call with the short week who knows.

Im 50/50 on him playing after watching that, glad I picked up Moore.

Nice find bro thanks for posting !

Kinda felt like the typical Pete Carroll “he’s totally fine” response followed by a realization he wasn’t supposed to say that lol.

maybe it’s Lockett’s call with the short week who knows.

Im 50/50 on him playing after watching that, glad I picked up Moore.
Carroll also talked about them having to slow Lockett down, and Schefter has already tweeted that Lockett is all systems go tonight...

Sounds like he looks great in warm ups and you could never tell he was dealing with anything.  Hoping for 100 and 1. His previous explosion against them was one of the top 15 all time fantasy games for a WR 😳

Sounds like he looks great in warm ups and you could never tell he was dealing with anything.  Hoping for 100 and 1. His previous explosion against them was one of the top 15 all time fantasy games for a WR 😳
I'd personally like to see a top-14 all time fantasy WR game.  😍

Tyler Lockett (knee) is active for Week 11 against the Cardinals. 

Coach Pete Carroll went to great pains to emphasize Lockett's status was never truly in doubt, though he will be gutting through an injury on a short week. He will be doing so vs. a secondary he detonated for 200 yards in Week 7. He has had less success since, averaging 46 yards across three contests. Despite the ailment and the inconsistency, Lockett is a set-and-forget WR1 for Week 11. 

Nov 19, 2020, 6:53 PM ET

9/9 tonight.  Easily looked like the best WR on the field, and that’s with Hopkins and Metcalf playing.

Metcalf was 3/5 one was a bad drop the other banged off his helmet in the end zone ended the drive with a FG instead.

They seemed intent on trying to get Metcalf the ball, but it seemed like everything just flowed more easily when Lockett was getting the targets.

9/9 tonight.  Easily looked like the best WR on the field, and that’s with Hopkins and Metcalf playing.

Metcalf was 3/5 one was a bad drop the other banged off his helmet in the end zone ended the drive with a FG instead.

They seemed intent on trying to get Metcalf the ball, but it seemed like everything just flowed more easily when Lockett was getting the targets.
Please forward this to Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson for future reference

Couple of bad drops for Metcalf for sure. Don’t forget about the 40 yarder down the sideline wiped out by the phantom holding call. They’re different receivers, so tough to compare. My best visual for comparison is Moss and Welker in New England a few years back.

Dude is WR3 right now in PPG in PPR leagues.  Was I believe WR4 at this point last year before he got hurt.

Cheapest top 5 WR you'll ever buy.

Dude is WR3 right now in PPG in PPR leagues.  Was I believe WR4 at this point last year before he got hurt.

Cheapest top 5 WR you'll ever buy.
Health has always been the issue! We just need him to keep it going for another 5 weeks. Glad to see he made it through the game last night and gets a mini-bye before week 12. 

I think this is by design.

They compliment each other so well. The things that Lockett lacks, size and strength, Metcalf has those traits in spades. The things that Metcalf lacks, like change of direction ability to be quick in and out of their breaks, Lockett has in spades. So you work route concepts that make the defense pick their poison and when the priority becomes preventing Metcalf from beating the defense deep it opens up a lot of things that Lockett can do underneath that.

Troy Aikman isn't the most observant color commentator around but I agree with his statement about the out route being open from them whenever Wilson wanted it, and that is largely because of Metcalf taking the defense deep while at the same time having Lockett run speed outs.

As far as flow goes Lockett is a much more refined route runner than Metcalf is. Hell I would say Lockett was better at that in college than Metcalf is right now.

Metcalf is a beast anyways and I do think he is getting better.

Biabreakable said:
I think this is by design.

They compliment each other so well. The things that Lockett lacks, size and strength, Metcalf has those traits in spades. The things that Metcalf lacks, like change of direction ability to be quick in and out of their breaks, Lockett has in spades. So you work route concepts that make the defense pick their poison and when the priority becomes preventing Metcalf from beating the defense deep it opens up a lot of things that Lockett can do underneath that.

Troy Aikman isn't the most observant color commentator around but I agree with his statement about the out route being open from them whenever Wilson wanted it, and that is largely because of Metcalf taking the defense deep while at the same time having Lockett run speed outs.

As far as flow goes Lockett is a much more refined route runner than Metcalf is. Hell I would say Lockett was better at that in college than Metcalf is right now.

Metcalf is a beast anyways and I do think he is getting better.
The Metcalf hype is certainly legit.  It’s all we Ravens fans talk about this year with the Ravens passing game what it is and how we passed up Metcalf for Hollywood.

Like you said he’s getting there.  Can’t imagine he’s drafted outside of the top 12 WRs next year in most leagues.  And you can see that being spot on you can also see it taking one more year I feel like, it will be fun to watch.

Tyler Lockett caught 3-of-4 targets for 23 yards in the Seahawks' Week 12 win over the Eagles.

He was the Seahawks' second-leading receiver, but it was a distant second to DK Metcalf's explosive 10-177 night on 13 targets. Lockett now has five sub-50 yards scoreless games to his name this season. Much like last year, Lockett's boom games are huge, but he trades them with extreme lows. Lockett will look to rebound next week against the Giants as a WR2.

- Rotoworld

Week 14 Dynasty Risers and Fallers: Gabriel Davis' rookie breakout

Excerpt:

FALLER: WR TYLER LOCKETT, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Things haven’t been the same since Lockett went for 200 yards versus the Cardinals in Week 7. He has not topped 70 yards once since that explosion while hauling in just one touchdown in the past six weeks.

The problem? D.K. Metcalf‘s greatness. Following Week 7, Metcalf completely took over as the No. 1 receiver in Seattle.

Air-Yard Share                   Target Share

D.K. Metcalf                                            43%                                      26%

Tyler Lockett                                           26%                                      20%

Metcalf’s 82.6 receiving grade has him ranked 21 spots higher than Lockett among receivers, and his 2.24 yards per route run puts him 32 spots above his teammate (both min. 30 targets). Despite seeing equivalent target volume on the year, Metcalf has been vastly more efficient. Lockett is a phenomenal secondary receiver for Russell Wilson, but the split since Week 7 and Metcalf’s efficiency make one thing very obvious: He is the No. 1 receiver in Seattle (and in dynasty), and Lockett is a distant No. 2. 

Anyone thinking of benching Lockett with a tough matchup, and if yes, who are you starting in his place? I know he’s capable of blowing up, but that offense has floundered and they may not let Russ cook a much. Also, one can’t forget that Haskins is playing and how many points will they need to win. 

In a standard league, I’m between Lockett and Gus Edwards. Let’s here what you’re considering! 

Thankfully have better options with ARob/AJB/Dio Johnson and am comfortable letting him go off on the bench rather than stink it up in starting lineup.  Seahawks have been slowly returning to their “get cute” kind of football recently and I just don’t trust him or the game plan 

Thankfully have better options with ARob/AJB/Dio Johnson and am comfortable letting him go off on the bench rather than stink it up in starting lineup.  Seahawks have been slowly returning to their “get cute” kind of football recently and I just don’t trust him or the game plan 
This is where I'm at, benching him for the first time all year for ARob. Dio is tempting too but one drop and your fanasty day could be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where I'm at, benching him for the first time all year for ARob. Dio is tempting too but one drop and your fanasty day could be done.
I’m considering benching him for Gus Edwards, and haven’t benched him all year (standard)...I’ll be pissed if I sit Lockett and he goes off, but would be okay if Gus goes off 

Tyler Lockett caught 2-of-4 targets for 43 yards in the Seahawks' Wild Card loss to the Rams. 

The sub 50-yard effort was Lockett's third in four games to end the season. He averaged 51 yards in 10 contests after his 200-yard outburst against the Cardinals in Week 7, never once reaching 100. Usurped as the Seahawks' No. 1 wideout by DK Metcalf, it's also never quite clear if Lockett is 100 percent healthy. He doesn't miss games, but he always seems to be gutting through something. Headed into his age-29 campaign in 2021, Lockett has settled in as a WR2 with frustratingly few spiked weeks. 2021 is the final year of Lockett's contract, so perhaps an extension will be in order. He's due $9.8 million in a year where the coronavirus-affected 2020 campaign is expected to create cap headaches for teams. 

Jan 9, 2021, 8:49 PM ET

They seem to have faith in him, given the extension. He was so frustrating to own last year - some huge games, but not really reliable down the stretch.

Tyler Lockett caught 8-of-11 targets for 178 yards and one touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 2 loss to the Titans.

Lockett's big play was a 63-yard touchdown deep shot from Russell Wilson where two Titans defensive backs crashed into each other when Lockett reeled in the pass. Lockett and DK Metcalf each saw a team-high 11 targets, but it was again Lockett who had the bigger box score. He now has 12 catches for 278 yards and three touchdowns on 16 targets through two games. Lockett will be a WR1 next week against the Vikings.

Sep 19, 2021, 8:01 PM ET

Every time I play Lockett he seems to go off 🤬 and it is always on some terrible missed tackling. I thought for sure this week was going to be DK's week.

Users who are viewing this thread