What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (2 Viewers)

cooks contract has 3 years left. they don't have much cap room to sign fuller. with a full off-season it would be nice if he cant stay in houston if he could go to GB. im sure rodgers wouldnt mind having a deep threat that can actually catch

cooks contract has 3 years left. they don't have much cap room to sign fuller. with a full off-season it would be nice if he cant stay in houston if he could go to GB. im sure rodgers wouldnt mind having a deep threat that can actually catch
Funny, given that this was the big knock on Fuller, epsecially his rookie year. 

As a Watson and Fuller owner, they both need each other.

Fuller is a deep threat that is one of the best in the league. 

Cooks is good, but he has lost that deep step. I think they draft a big man WR and resign Fuller while keeping Coutee in the mix. Atkins is nice at TE and they are one big man away from a nice WR corp. 

They had too many of the same type of player and not any that can go up and get that ball on the sideline like Nuk. 
Can’t say I really agree, Watson was lighting it up with practice squad guys like Hanson and Coutee with Fuller out. In past seasons, there were clear differences in the offenses effectiveness when Fuller was out, that was not the case as much the last few games and I think that is a reflection of Watson’s maturation.

In the end there is no way to know what Houston will do with Fuller with no GM or coach in place. On the face of it, their salary cap situation makes Fuller unlikely to be resigned, but a new regime can dump a lot of salary (Watt, Cooks, DJ, and others) to resign Fuller if they really want to.

The Houston Chronicle reports impending free agent Will Fuller will not be franchise tagged by the Texans. 

The Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports the soon-to-be 27-year-old is considered likely to walk in free agency, but that the Texans would like to re-sign him. The tag would cost $16.54 million, a princely sum for an always-injured wideout who still has a week left on his six-game steroid suspension. For his part, with Deshaun Watson forcing his way out of Houston and the organization in free-fall, there isn't much reason for Fuller to want to stay. Even with his injury history and PED problems, Fuller and his game-breaking ability would normally command heavy interest on the open market. With the salary cap falling, however, it could be the wrong year for someone like Fuller to become a free agent. 

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle 

Feb 25, 2021, 3:43 PM ET

Dolphins signed WR Will Fuller, formerly of the Texans, to a one-year contract. 

Taking advantage of a cratered receiver market, the Dolphins address a glaring need without having to commit multiple years to a 27-year-old (next month) with a concerning injury and suspension history. The Dolphins badly needed an explosive element in their receiver corps, and Fuller will play perfectly opposite contested-catch hoss DeVante Parker. It is easy to envision Fuller and Tua Tagovailoa connecting on deep play-action bombs. For Fuller, it's a chance to reset his value after last November's steroid ban wrecked what probably would have been a promising market coming off a career year. The last time Fuller appeared in more than 11 games was his rookie year of 2016. For fantasy, he remains a boom/bust WR3 who will provide WR1 weeks. Fuller will make his Dolphins debut in Week 2 after finishing up his suspension in Week 1. 

- Mike Garafolo, then Ian Rapoport; Twitter
Factoring in the suspension, 1 year, $10 million with $3 million in incentives. This WR market is TRAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta say, as a guy who traded for him last year because he was in a contract year, its music to my ears to read that. 

Yes, Will - please do prove it. Again.  :pickle:
I expect the Dolphin defense to take a step back this year, especially in the turnover department. Tua will have to do more, which should help Fuller. But Miami should draft another impact WR, Chase or Smith, or perhaps a speedster like Rondale or Elijah Moore. It's really hard to predict what Fuller will do in 2020.

I expect the Dolphin defense to take a step back this year, especially in the turnover department. Tua will have to do more, which should help Fuller. But Miami should draft another impact WR, Chase or Smith, or perhaps a speedster like Rondale or Elijah Moore. It's really hard to predict what Fuller will do in 2020.
I don’t anticipate them signing any other impact WRs when they have Preston Williams 🦄 and Davante Parker, as well as Grant & Bowden on the roster. 

I’m hopeful Tua comes up to game speed. He looked far better in college, so I’m not ready to kick dirt on his grave as a passer just yet. 

I don’t anticipate them signing any other impact WRs when they have Preston Williams 🦄 and Davante Parker, as well as Grant & Bowden on the roster. 

I’m hopeful Tua comes up to game speed. He looked far better in college, so I’m not ready to kick dirt on his grave as a passer just yet. 
I'm sorry but from where I sit, that's a whole lot of not much.

Most pundits have Miami drafting a WR with their first pick. That would allow them to cut Parker in 2021. I think one of the Moore WRs drafted in the 2nd round would have a bigger impact on Fuller, as they are also speed guys.

Andy Dufresne said:
I'm sorry but from where I sit, that's a whole lot of not much.
Which is why I expect Fuller to be the top target. 

I’m actually higher on Parker & PWill than some. Injuries played a big part of their 2020 results. If they’re all healthy that’s a nice trio of targets for Tua + Gesecki. 

SoBeDad said:
Most pundits have Miami drafting a WR with their first pick. That would allow them to cut Parker in 2021. I think one of the Moore WRs drafted in the 2nd round would have a bigger impact on Fuller, as they are also speed guys.
I’ve seen a couple mocks where they take a WR, but it wouldn’t make sense getting a speed guy since they just went out & got a speed guy.

Unless they view Fuller as purely a rental to bridge the 2021 season, which is possible.

Regardless I would have liked to see Fuller go to GB, as some had predicted, so the fact that he could go somewhere else in 2022 is actually appealing. 

Two torn ACLs on a player who's biggest attribute is speed. Him signing a big contract and then fizzling out in Miami seems about right. His heart may even be in it, but if the QB play stinks he may give up all together.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Gotta say, as a guy who traded for him last year because he was in a contract year, its music to my ears to read that. 

Yes, Will - please do prove it. Again.  :pickle:
The problem with Fuller is staying healthy WITHOUT PED's. Games played by year are 14, 10, 7,11, and 11. That is an average of about 10 games a season. The first four years are due to injuries, the last year due to a PED suspension, which he was obviously taking as a means to stay healthy. So will he be able to stay healthy without PED's? As of yet, there is no evidence he can unless you believe the PED's may have helped his body long term with his hamstring issue.

The problem with Fuller is staying healthy WITHOUT PED's. Games played by year are 14, 10, 7,11, and 11. That is an average of about 10 games a season. The first four years are due to injuries, the last year due to a PED suspension, which he was obviously taking as a means to stay healthy. So will he be able to stay healthy without PED's? As of yet, there is no evidence he can unless you believe the PED's may have helped his body long term with his hamstring issue.
I thought the contract year had more to do with his staying healthy. 

I thought the contract year had more to do with his staying healthy. 
Well we don't know for sure, but seems to me a cause and affect situation when the one year he is staying healthy (played in all 11 Texans games until his suspension) he is suspended for taking PED's. Steroids, a well known PED, is known to promote healing and staying healthy.

Well we don't know for sure, but seems to me a cause and affect situation when the one year he is staying healthy (played in all 11 Texans games until his suspension) he is suspended for taking PED's. Steroids, a well known PED, is known to promote healing and staying healthy.
And historically, football players in contract years tend to play through nicks and bruises that might cause them to miss a game when sleeping on fat stacks of cash. 

Just sayin - we all just out here speculating, but both could be equally true, IMO. 

New Dolphins WR Will Fuller has assured the team his PED suspension was a "one-time thing."

"It was a one-time thing, completely accidental, that's never going to happen again," was Fuller's exact quote. Fuller finally stayed healthy last season, but the after-the-fact suspicion was that it was because of the illegal substance that got him banned. Players never admit they were knowingly doing steroids and simply got caught, but it does not strain belief that someone could accidentally take something that includes a banned substance. In an ultimate "prove-it" situation on his one-year deal, Fuller is facing target competition from DeVante Parker and what will likely be a first-round wideout. His ADP figures to be all over the map in the early going this offseason.   

SOURCE: ESPN

Mar 25, 2021, 7:17 PM ET

This cat has never made it close to 1,000 yds receiving 635-423-503-640 were his yd totals the 1st 4 seasons, he managed to clear 850+ last year. For the first time in 5 seasons he passed 50 receptions last year. 

He's been above 4 Tds in a season just twice. 

All Hype All Sizzle Team

SoBeDad said:
I would like these pundits to all be loaded into a shipping container and sent out to sea.

-Miami is not sitting at 3 and taking Smith or Waddle or anybody UNLESS they are fooling everyone and they plan on going QB at 3 but i don't think they will turn on Tua yet...they probably should but that's not the topic here. Miami trades down and has ample partners that want to move up.

Parker cost less than $3M in dead cap after June 1st vs $11M but I think they keep Parker, he was a good company man when they needed guys to "step up" and adopt the coaches ways and I think Parker has done just that. He still looked great when he got competent balls thrown his way. They could at least trade him to Washington so he can follow Fitz who made him look great. 

This cat has never made it close to 1,000 yds receiving 635-423-503-640 were his yd totals the 1st 4 seasons, he managed to clear 850+ last year. For the first time in 5 seasons he passed 50 receptions last year. 

He's been above 4 Tds in a season just twice. 

All Hype All Sizzle Team
Too be fair, his 850 last year was in just 11 games before his suspension. He would have had probably 80-1,200-12 if he had played the full season. So the production is there, IF HE CAN STAY ON THE FIELD

Dolphins coach Brian Flores suggested WR Will Fuller is close to returning to practice.

That Dolphins haven't had Fuller, Preston Williams (foot, active/PUP) or DeVante Parker (undisclosed, active/PUP) for the first few days of training camp. Miami is likely playing it safe with Fuller, who went down in the team's first practice. Fuller will miss Week 1 serving the rest of his 2020 suspension. It wouldn't be surprising if the Dolphins manage Fuller’s practice reps throughout the year.

SOURCE: Sun Sentinel

Aug 1, 2021, 11:32 AM ET

NBC Sports Edge:

Will Fuller's absence from Thursday's practice was not injury related.

Fuller was away for a personal matter and is still on track to make his Dolphins debut against the Bills. Although he is working his way back into a crowded skill group against a tough defense, big-play Fuller still comes with plenty of WR3 after finishing as a WR1 by average points in 2020. 

Sep 16, 2021, 3:33 PM ET

Dolphins head coach Brian Flores said Will Fuller will miss Week 2 against the Bills with a personal issue. 

Far more consequential for the Dolphins: Flores refused to say Fuller will return to the team in 2021. He was set to make his Miami debut this week against the Bills after serving the final game of a PED suspension handed down near the end of the 2020 season. 
Anyone know what the personal issue is? Feel free to speculate irresponsibly (j/k please don't do that).

Agh! Right when I’m working trades for him - my last asset. I’ll never get anything for him now. :wall:

aah well, at least he was relatively cheap. 

Wow.  He really is MIA.
Nice play on acronyms.

Brain Flores said this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/fuller-not-play-sunday-due-151929392.html

“I’ve had multiple conversations with him over the last couple of days. He’s definitely dealing with a personal issue,” Flores said, via Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “We support Will and we’ll take it one day at a time.”

Flores did not go into any further detail out of respect for Fuller’s privacy. And Flores declined to say if he expects Fuller will be back this season, though at least for now the receiver will remain on the roster.

“Things arise in our lives. That’s kind of what he’s dealing with right now,” Flores said. “He has our support. He has my support. And is it a surprise? Things happen. They happen and they’re not part of your normal everyday — yeah it’s a surprise from that standpoint. But, we deal with it. And he’s dealing with it and we’ll support him. Just make our adjustments as a team, play without him, and move forward.”

Yowza, traded him away about a week ago. Feel bad for the guy I traded him to but sometimes #### happens out of the blue with players.

Yowza, traded him away about a week ago. Feel bad for the guy I traded him to but sometimes #### happens out of the blue with players.
I had at least 3 potential trade partners yesterday, with a 4th saying they were interested.

Guess Fuller is my ride or die now until the rebuild’s complete. Nice of him to take a year off and stay healthy for me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

jokes aside, I hope he’s ok. Mental health is definitely a serious issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread