What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSOP - just won a seat (1 Viewer)

Even if you bust out in short order, you still outlasted Phil Laak and Vanessa Selbst, among others. I think you have a double up in your future, though. Sending positive vibes. 

And I'm out. 4 hands in dealt A10 suited. Went all in. Guy debated a call with similar stack. He called and flipped pocket 7s. 1 heart on flop, one on turn.  Then nothing. 

On the way out I tapped Asani and told him good luck from me and the FBGs

All in all a great expierence but not dying to play again. If I win my way in again, sure I'll play, but won't ever pay $10k now that I crossed it off the bucket list (unless I start making @chet money, then I'm in every year). 

Thanks for all the kind words, advice and cheering throughout. 

And I'm out. 4 hands in dealt A10 suited. Went all in. Guy debated a call with similar stack. He called and flipped pocket 7s. 1 heart on flop, one on turn.  Then nothing. 

All in all a great expierence but not dying to play again. If I win my way in again, sure I'll play, but won't ever pay $10k now that I crossed it off the bucket list (unless I start making @chet money, then I'm in every year). 

Nice job regardless of finish:)

Congrats GG 

Sounds like an awesome experience. Still really want to do this once but life keeps getting in the way. Maybe next year. 

Well, and it looks like you're probably going to "win the day" with likes so your $10k buy-in truly hasn't gone to waste.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride, enjoyed hearing about it.  Good job making it as far in as you did.

I enjoyed following along, was routing hard so I can tell my wife "hey, this guy on tv is on the fantasy message board I post on!!" 

If anyone is looking for a random to follow and cheer for there were a few candidates at my table.  Ill be rooting for all of them but if I picked one it would be Abraham Faroni, who now has close to 200k chips was just a really good dude.  I believe he plays full time, loved to laugh and just seemed to have a good/positive vibe and outlook on life.  I wouldnt be surprised to see him make a pretty good run, and if he does, he deserves it.  

Anyone watch the final table? Pretty entertaining. 

Really didn't want the guy who won to win. Classless clown.

Anyway, was fun watching

Really didn't want the guy who won to win. Classless clown.
Why do you think he was classless? He got a little prickly that one time towards then end when Ott doubled up and there was a discrepancy over the chip count, but that seems pretty excusable considering how exhausted and loopy he probably was at that point in the night.

Anyway, I think Ott missed several opportunities at the final table. He played it like it was a live cash game, acting like he was afraid to lose money on every hand. It was like he was waiting for "the perfect hand" to make his move, but his chip count was so low that he really needed to just take a few gambles and hope he caught a few flops.

Also, neither one of them were very charismatic. Hesp was the only guy at the final table who showed kind of personality. But then when they brought him into the booth after he lost, he suddenly got real quiet and subdued.

Why do you think he was classless? He got a little prickly that one time towards then end when Ott doubled up and there was a discrepancy over the chip count, but that seems pretty excusable considering how exhausted and loopy he probably was at that point in the night.

Anyway, I think Ott missed several opportunities at the final table. He played it like it was a live cash game, acting like he was afraid to lose money on every hand. It was like he was waiting for "the perfect hand" to make his move, but his chip count was so low that he really needed to just take a few gambles and hope he caught a few flops.
Agree with the bolded.

I really can't stand the players that run to the rail after they knock someone out, or win a big hand. Act like you've been there before. Plus yelling from the table to his posse, "Should I go night night here?" Taunting Ott.......

Blum was damn lucky that Hesp made a horrible call virtually handing him the title, and he acted like he was a poker God.

He just rubbed me the wrong way

Plus yelling from the table to his posse, "Should I go night night here?" Taunting Ott.......
Yeah that was kind of dumb. But that seemed less like a taunt and more like an amateurish attempt to be cool and clever. Or maybe it was a little of both.

I wondered if Ott's strategy changed the moment he found out that he was bluffed by Blumstein in that HUGE pot.  Ott had a medium strength hand, but Blumstein's shove on the river makes no sense unless he had the flush himself.  Would you shove 80 or so million into a 100 million pot with AK, or even a set?  Why not bet a little less or even check and call a reasonable bet?  I think Antonio Esfandari was correct that the story was suspect.....but it's really hard for Ott to call off his whole stack with just a pair of eights.  It was a 1.1M+ dollar decision.  I would probably have laid the hand down as well just due to the money pressure.

With the exception of that huge pot where Blumstein pulled off the bluff, it was a pretty lame final table.  Way too tight and was pretty boring to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread