What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not posting about how posters post seems easy. What about quoting them and refuting what they post? Or, asking questions for debate and/or clarification reasons? Or, what is I post something, that isn’t offensive, but some poster, in their mind, deems it to be offensive? While I don’t find the rules to be too obscure, I could see the mods having problems with pissing matches that begin when the mods are away and then having to comb through to find the originator. 
It's hard for me to imagine an example that would be genuinely confusing, but if one comes up, post about it here or PM me about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something like this?

YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED - AGAIN!!
Haha, I wish I would get that warning. No more like the questions about using emojis, what you can like etc that seem way over the top but if thatr becomes law please send up a flare.  :hifive:

Preferably if there are really emojis that can get someone suspended......lets just delete them if we are at that point. 

Thanks for checking.

The post consisting of a laughing emoji in that context seems fine in any thread because, as far as I can tell, it meant "Ha ha, that was a good one, my friend" rather than "lol your dumb."

Your post is fine in this thread, but wouldn't be allowable in a thread about Medicaid expansion.
Your “your” above is incorrect. 
In the emoji list... can you guys add the confused one? I’m finding using the predetermined emojis clear reading up a lot more than responding with an emoji and using a post for one. Did I explain that good enough? Maybe not. 

Thanks for checking.

The post consisting of a laughing emoji in that context seems fine in any thread because, as far as I can tell, it meant "Ha ha, that was a good one, my friend" rather than "lol your dumb."

Your post is fine in this thread, but wouldn't be allowable in a thread about Medicaid expansion.
That’s part of the problem. Genuinely finding something funny that the poster didn’t mean as a joke shouldn’t translate to “you’re dumb”. But I guess that’s where we’re at. 

That’s part of the problem. Genuinely finding something funny that the poster didn’t mean as a joke shouldn’t translate to “you’re dumb”. But I guess that’s where we’re at. 
Did I miss that in the rules? If that's really a rule hopefully some clarity can be added or just remove emojis that aren't allowed/ 

Did I miss that in the rules? If that's really a rule hopefully some clarity can be added or just remove emojis that aren't allowed/ 
Apparently you can still use the laughing emoji, but, its up to the mod to interpret if you are really laughing or if you could possibly be trying to say someone is dumb. In essence you have to be careful what you laugh at. 🤭

Apparently you can still use the laughing emoji, but, its up to the mod to interpret if you are really laughing or if you could possibly trying to say someone is dumb. In essence you have to be careful what you laugh at. 🤭
A good rule of thumb is don’t laugh at another poster’s posts—laugh with instead.

Apparently you can still use the laughing emoji, but, its up to the mod to interpret if you are really laughing or if you could possibly trying to say someone is dumb. In essence you have to be careful what you laugh at. 🤭
I’ve probably posted hundreds of lmao posts when people say something funny. Cos was making fun of me and I thought it was funny.  I’m not sure why Blutarsky was pointing it out but if I need to start making it clear I will go with the Anchorman approach

”I am laughing - you made me laugh.   :lmao:  “

Judging by how the substantive threads have gone over the last few hours, I feel like this has actually ... worked.

Maybe it's just a coincidence. Maybe it won't last. Whatever. I'm claiming a small victory.
Love it..they are walking on eggshells here now. Might actually work.

Judging by how the substantive threads have gone over the last few hours, I feel like this has actually ... worked.

Maybe it's just a coincidence. Maybe it won't last. Whatever. I'm claiming a small victory.
It worked maybe because many posters are overly cautious fearing that they will be suspended because they don't adequately grasp the parameters of the new rules. It is one strike and you're out and then read a book (according to you) until the one, two, three, four or five+ week until the suspension is over.

Did Joe approve your new rule trial period that you are running a victory lap over?

It worked maybe because many posters are overly cautious fearing that they will be suspended because they don't adequately grasp the parameters of the new rules. It is one strike and you're out and then read a book (according to you) until the one, two, three, four or five+ week until the suspension is over.

Did Joe approve your new rule trial period that you are running a victory lap over?
This post is...unhelpful. 

https://youtu.be/Eo-UKCxCglg

I think this is a good call. Suspensions for bickering might improve things. It should help keep threads from going off the rails.

Joe, I hope you decide against axing the board. Politics is particularly contentious these days, but that is also because we are in the middle of what is likely a big moment in history. Many of us have been around here for nearly 20 years. It would be a shame not to be able to discuss events with our ifriends.

Might be the first victim here.

I won’t speak for Maurile, so this is just my take. Too many of us were posting without thinking. We were not thinking about the ramifications of what we said and how we said it. 

So, if for the next few hours or days or weeks we think very carefully before hitting submit, maybe that becomes our habit. And if it means being careful with what you say, or not auto-responding to certain posts - I think we all will see better conversations. Or at least that is my hope. 

I think mods should also hunt down posters and give them ten lashes. You can call it the “belt and suspenders” policy and it will be clever and funny. 
Why stop at that?  Posters who go way over the line should be drawn and quartered, and the event shown live on YouTube TV. 

Behind the scenes, the FBG staff has discussed possibly shutting down the PSF forum for good, possibly shutting it down for a week or a month, possibly just asking people to play nicely and see if it sticks this time, possibly doing some other things.

Nothing has been decided yet. Joe has other things to do today. Before any official decision is made, I am going to set a new policy on a trial basis to see how it works out.

I'm not going to pin this thread initially because I think people often skip over the section for pinned threads. I'll pin it once it slides to page two.

Here are the rules:

1. If you want to discuss the moderation publicly, do it in the moderation thread. If you do it in a thread about infrastructure, you'll be banned for a week.

2. If you want to offer other posters tips on how they should or shouldn't be posting in this subforum, do it in the saving the PSF thread. If you do it in a thread about occupational licensing reform, you will be suspended for a week.

3. You may also use this thread to discuss moderation or good or bad posting habits.

4. You will be suspended for telling other posters "Don't" or anything similar. (PM them if you are sincerely trying to be helpful.)

5. You will be suspended for telling other posters that their posts are what's wrong with this forum.

6. You will be suspended for saying that somebody else started it.

7. You will be suspended for reminding others about these rules. (Again, send a PM if you are sincerely trying to help.)

8. You will also be suspended for doing all the normal suspension-worthy things like name-calling, etc.

9. You will be suspended.

10. It will no doubt be very unfair.

11. Moderators are exempt from these rules (except no. 8).

What to do if you're suspended:

Take a week off. Go for a walk. Read a book. Start a journal. I understand that gardening can be quite pleasant.

It's not the end of the world if you're suspended. Think of it as us shutting down the forum for a week to see how things go, except that we're shutting it down one poster at a time on a rolling basis instead of doing everybody en masse all at once.

What not to do if you're suspended:

Don't make or use an alias account. Don't come back and complain about your suspension in threads not designated for that topic. Don't urge that a dozen other people should also be suspended because what they did was worse, or because they started it.
Being a moderator here is a lot like babysitting isn't it? 

Yep, it seems to be working. Those that can't figure out the rules just won't post. Those that know the rules and break them, will be suspended. Those that know the rules and follow them will post appropriately. 

@Joe Bryant, you should give @Maurile Tremblay a raise. (and maybe a few extra days of paid vacation, he may need it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread